PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Pixie Hollow Map > Pixie Map Archive

Pixie Map Archive Archive Forum for Pixie Map

Old Ditched in the Wilderness

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:46 AM
Is a Pixie
View Tilly_Cat's Photo Album
Tilly_Cat's Fairy
Tilly_Cat has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Ditched in the Wilderness

I love joining other fairies for adventures in the wilderness areas. But several times this weekend I joined a group only to have the leader leave the wilderness area before the task was finished.
I know sometimes people get disconnected accidentally or have to leave for other real life reasons, but it kept happening over and over. I wondered if this has happened to anyone else or if you can guess why a fairy would quit in this way?
Old 01-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
well i haven't had that problem before but there are probably some reason why she keeps leaving.

might be have computer problems like you said, getting disconnected.

she might have to leave.

maybe she thought the wilderness stuff was done and didn't notice.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:36 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Maybe for these reasons a leader would ditch out of wilderness

I had that happen to me one time and I figured it was just that she was working on a winter badge and someone group whispered "Four Ivy Bunches, Hurry!".

But then today I was the leader and I clicked start the adventure with four others and it took me so long to fly in that it timed out. So glitch and crash are also possible.

Stormy

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 01-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Hall of Fame
View pixiedust34's Photo Album
pixiedust34's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Bahahaha
pixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queen
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
actually, I think I was adventuring with some fairies in the forum one time when someone left before we finished. I never figured out why, but since they were the only one with a certain Talent Skill that was needed, we had to end the adventure and start over again. It was rather frustrating.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:30 AM
Lightning Fairy
View Mia Lightningwillow's Photo Album
Mia Lightningwillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award Thankful For Award 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Reading
Mia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Oh goodness I feel you! That has happened to me so many times! Once three in one day! I think it's all about that fairy. Sometimes when you have to go, you have to go.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Pixie Forever
View Bubblemist's Photo Album
Bubblemist's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Cloud_9
Bubblemist has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
It happens a lot, I think some fly into the wilderness with small amounts of cookies hoping they can slide, hoping the rest will pick up the slack, it's not fair and I have wrote to Pixie about it in the past and it is still happening. I have found it goes better, when U first enter U need to stop get everyones attention and ask "do U have the right amount of cookies to finish"? Some fly out right then...lol but it is better then getting half way done and then them flying out on U, this is the only thing I know is working for me, any of U find something better that works....post, I would love to find a better way to deal with this on going problem.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Thinking about things
View Breezy lemonwind's Photo Album
Breezy lemonwind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner - Retired Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Flutterish
Breezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
That has happened to me before. Sometimes the get disconnected from PH in the middle of the wilderness. I know this b/c I went in with a friend and it happened to her. She came back on and apologized for it.
It could have been that or like everyone else said. It does get frustrating though.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Too much homework :(
View SilverCandleshadow's Photo Album
SilverCandleshadow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valenpixie Day Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award Talent Pride Participant's Award Winter Solstice Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Design a Potion Participation's Award Design A Shop Participant's Award Autumn 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Happyy
SilverCandleshadow is a talented FairySilverCandleshadow is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent
I one time went to the wilderness with four fairies (including myself) that were all level 5. It's sometimes okay when people leave. I think it's really rude to do that though. Sometimes my computer is super slow so it turns off when I'm in the wilderness sometimes. It's not cool.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Maybe I'll fly~
View vanillablossom12's Photo Album
vanillablossom12's Fairy
Awards Showcase
J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Riddle Participant's Award Summer 2012 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Pixie Resolution Award Winter Solstice Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Design a Potion Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Apathetic
vanillablossom12 is a talented Fairyvanillablossom12 is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I know how you feel. It makes me a little sad when people ditch you and you can't complete all the challenges. Some fairies are just thoughtless, and leave because they don't want to do it anymore. Personally, I would only ditch other fairies if something absolutely couldn't wait.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:58 AM
is as busy as a bee!
View Tansy Greenleaf's Photo Album
Tansy Greenleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
National Cookie Day 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 65

My Mood: Busy
Tansy Greenleaf glows with pixie dustTansy Greenleaf glows with pixie dustTansy Greenleaf glows with pixie dustTansy Greenleaf glows with pixie dustTansy Greenleaf glows with pixie dustTansy Greenleaf glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Oh no! That's not very nice. I haven't had the problem yet since I only go by myself most of the time. But I'll make sure to keep that in mind though.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Badge Hunter
View Elliandra's Photo Album
Elliandra's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2013 Award 2010 Holiday Award Winter Solstice Award Summer Room Design Contest Participant's Award Summer 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Welcoming
Elliandra has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
So glad I am not the only one. I just really started going in the Wildnerness daily a few weeks ago and have run into this problem more than once. I also see more and more fairies who come in fly around following the group but never contribute.

Its too bad that when a fairy leaves everyone suffers.

Elliandra
Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Hall of Fame
View pixiedust34's Photo Album
pixiedust34's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Bahahaha
pixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queen
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliandra View Post
So glad I am not the only one. I just really started going in the Wildnerness daily a few weeks ago and have run into this problem more than once. I also see more and more fairies who come in fly around following the group but never contribute.

Its too bad that when a fairy leaves everyone suffers.

Elliandra
The "never contribute" thing I can see happening accidentally. Some of my fairies only have a few Talent Skills, so if someone else has the same skill, it is possible everything gets done before I have a chance to do anything. I try to fly ahead more so I make sure I contribute SOMETHING, but I can see where it doesn't always happen.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:43 AM
Pixie Forever
View Bubblemist's Photo Album
Bubblemist's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Cloud_9
Bubblemist has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Thought I would update U all with some info I just got today after writing in to Pixie about the problem some of us are having by either being booted or fairies leaving. My question to Pixie was "is there anyway the fairies left in the mines can pick up the talent needed to finish the quest once a fairy gets the boot or just leaves?" This is what Pixie sent me back as reply:

Greetings Fairy Friend,

Thank you for contacting us regarding other fairies leaving your party.

there is nothing booting them out from the area with you. unfortunately, there are time that others will just leave with out warning and does happen quiet a lot. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. we suggest that you keep on trying as we are certain that you will find a group that will stay the whole trip.

Thank you again for contacting us and we hope you have a flitterific day!

Don
Technical Support Representative

Old 01-18-2011, 04:54 AM
Visit the DOW wiki at www.disneysonlineworlds.com!
View Mommy 2 Jules's Photo Album
Mommy 2 Jules's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Extra Life 2014 Award Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 188

My Mood: DowObsessed
Mommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond repute
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Well, I kind of disagree with that response. I, myself, have been booted out of the wilderness. My flash player just crashes sometimes while in-game. (Usually at the most inopportune time of all.) Not sure why it does this, but it *does* occur on occasion. It could be connectivity issues for some as well. It could be an individual's PC that just crashes too. (Sometimes if I run too many programs on my PC, it gets angry at me. )

The thing is, I don't think there is a "fix" for it on the Disney side. So in their mind, it is not an issue for them.

Does it stink? Of course it does! Do some not-so-nice fairies do it on purpose? You bet! I just have to say that it is not always on purpose though. I am a friendly-playing fairy and I unfortunately leave my pixie pals in the wilderness sometimes. It's just something that we have to deal with when playing the game. So make the best of it and try to be understanding.

~ Em

Thank you, Coconut Tulippetal for the lovely profile pic and siggy! | Site Rules | The DOW Wiki | Mods & Admins | PM Me
Old 01-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
I agree with you Em, It has happened to me too! I'm flying and all of a sudden Im OUT!, and like you Im a friendly fairy too! If I know them I let them know I got kicked out. If not there is nothing we can do. But it happens to me too when Im in the wildernes someone leaves, I do as much as I can do, and then leave. BUT in Bubblemist's defence there once or twice when I asked a fairy are you going to play and they have said NO. One actually told me I just came to collect. So there are some strange ones out there.
OLIVIA