PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow > Way Beyond the Hollow

Way Beyond the Hollow Off Topic Archive Forum

Old Legend of Korra - Book 3

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:41 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Legend of Korra - Book 3

Yay, Legend of Korra is back! How's everyone enjoying it so far? Did you know that the episodes are finally being aired on Nick? It was a rather unexpected announcement, only given a week in advance. One of the reasons for the date of release is said to be because of the episode leaks. Apparently some of the episodes were shared on the Internet, though I'm not sure why anyone would want to spoil it for themselves and watch them out of order in the first place.
I'm just happy to be able to watch new episodes again. The artwork and animation never cease to amaze me, I just gape in awe at all the details they put into the Avatar world. Especially after listening to some of the interviews, you really get to see how much effort the directors and their team put into creating a series with superb quality.
I also missed seeing their humor that is added here and there. The very first episode already has some hilarious moments that you won't forget.

The plotline hasn't progressed into any serious climax yet, but it's getting there! They've already introduced some familiar faces and places from the Legend of Aang, but the newly introduced characters are interesting as well.
Anyway, I don't want to go into too much detail since I'm not sure how many of you watched the new episodes, but thought I might bring this topic up to make sure that you're all as excited about it as I am.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 07-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Listening to LET IT GO!:D
View xXKitty_LunaXx's Photo Album
xXKitty_LunaXx's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 33

My Mood: Exasperated
xXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent
Heart

I love it! I'm so glad someone else likes it! Yay!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Proud Mom Fairy!
View Lila Mossgarden's Photo Album
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 115

My Mood: Baking
Lila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Love it! I like that they put some of the original ATLA humor back into this series. I love Mello! I really can't say it enough!

Glad we get to see Fire Lord Zuko!
I really thought that the girlfriend was going to be Azula - but I guess she'd be REALLY old :P
Also, my husband had to point out to me that the water-bending prisoner had NO arms! How could I have missed that? Does she bend with her mind? I was complaining that you can't grip with water - that she'd have to make it like jello or ice or something to swing like Tarzan. Then my hubby said, "You know she doesn't have arms, right?" I'm so silly!
Old 07-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Busy with Pets or Books
View AutumnNeversprite's Photo Album
AutumnNeversprite's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Autumn 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Thankful For Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Artistic
AutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Water Talent Water Talent
I love it and tonight we get to see Tophs other daughter.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Fly with you!
View Tiramisu's Photo Album
Tiramisu's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day New Years Eve 2016 PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Fairy Feast Award Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: LiveChat
Tiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magic
Light Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Book Three so far has been so interesting, and so full of twists already!
I can't wait to see more on Toph's daughters tonight, because she
was my favorite from the original. The animation is flawless, and it's
such an inspiration art-wise. It's one of my favorite shows on at the moment.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Legend of Korra

The littlest pixie in my family told me about the new episodes so we watched together. She took a sewing class recently and is working on that while watching.

We are enjoying the new episodes but we missed part of one. We hope that they will air them on Nick online.

I was wondering why they kept advertising "episodes you can't see anywhere online." Now I understand why.

But if they aired these episodes early because of leaks, does that mean that when the broadcast episodes catch up with the leaked episode, they will take a long break?

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 07-26-2014, 03:24 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry View Post
I was wondering why they kept advertising "episodes you can't see anywhere online." Now I understand why.

But if they aired these episodes early because of leaks, does that mean that when the broadcast episodes catch up with the leaked episode, they will take a long break?
I had the same thoughts, that they will slow down the releases once they air all the leaked episodes, and it looks like that was indeed the main reason. Nick has actually made another sudden change with the episodes, so after this week the episodes will be released every Friday online instead of airing on TV.

There was a Korra panel at an anime con today and this news was discussed in general. Apparently it was a rather unexpected change for Mike and Bryan too. Nick had originally planned to have a full digital release, but changed to TV screening and now yet again changed their course back to digital. It seems to be their way of reacting to customer demand, as there seems to be a huge number of views for Korra episodes online rather than on TV.
What are your thoughts on this? It doesn't really affect the way I watch the show, since the only option for me is to watch online (and I can't even use the official Nick site because it blocks international IP addresses), but it still made me feel concerned. The poor scheduling efforts from Nick only makes the fans worry, I think. I hope these changes will be for the better. It looks like Book 3's theme is recurring everywhere now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila Mossgarden View Post
Also, my husband had to point out to me that the water-bending prisoner had NO arms! How could I have missed that? Does she bend with her mind?
Yes, it also took me a bit of time to realise this, I think that was a neat touch to the group of villains! I love it how in a lot of scenes you get the chance to notice the subtle details and figure things out yourself before they are fully explained.

Back to the actual storyline, the most recent episode was so intense! I practically sat at the edge of my seat the whole time, and I gasped when Korra opened the door in the truth seer's basement and saw what was inside (sorry, I can never remember all the Asian-like names of each character ^^)

And can I just say that I'm really liking the new character Opal, and her whole family in general. She has this fairy-like look that I think is absolutely adorable, and I think she'll be a great air-bender. I also really enjoyed seeing Lin's flashbacks and getting to know more about her family's past. Who would have guessed that she earned her scar because of Su? I think that story really shows how important family is to each and every one, because within it we help shape each other to become a better person, and the scars that are left from family troubles can take a long time to heal.

I think you can see now that I can go on and on discussing each episode, so I'll stop (for now). Once the first half of Book 3 ends, I'd like to re-watch those episodes again as I'm pretty sure I missed out on a lot of details. Sometimes I wish there was a "slow down" button for all the bending scenes!

Old 08-23-2014, 12:36 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

The Finale!

Have you seen the last two episodes yet? They are incredible, so much turmoil and dangerous situations where I never knew what was going to happen next. After seeing the Earth Queen being taken out, you could honestly expect absolutely anything from the Red Lotus. I've just finished watching the finale and was tearing up the whole time, especially at the very end *sniff*. It just makes you want to buy that cute Naga plushie and hug it until you feel better.
I can't wait to see what Book 4 will bring, since there are so many unanswered questions and I'd hate to see Korra bring herself down like that further, I feel terribly sorry for her. Knowing the creators, I'm sure they will think of a resolution for Korra's story that will end well. Wings crossed!

Old 09-11-2014, 01:01 AM
Fly with you!
Tiramisu's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day New Years Eve 2016 PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Fairy Feast Award Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award 

Tiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magic
I loved the finale, and I love those plushies, Onionleaf! I want one, and I'll get the ferret for my kitten, and then I'll train her to act like Pabu.
I wonder how season 4 will pick up, and I'm hoping lots of questions are answered.

Season 4 was JUST announced to come out October 3rd, 2014. Yes. Already. I'm kind of shocked..
Old 09-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
I want one, and I'll get the ferret for my kitten, and then I'll train her to act like Pabu.
Do you mean the plushie, or the kitten, 'cause either of the two would be kind of hard to train.
Let us know what tricks you'll be able to teach her, like waking you up when nasty villains are outside your window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
Season 4 was JUST announced to come out October 3rd, 2014. Yes. Already. I'm kind of shocked..
Wow, that's early! And apparently it will air in Australia this year as well, so I'm kind of hoping that it means the same thing for New Zealand. It would be nice to be able to support the series by tuning in to Nickelodeon for a change instead of finding alternative options.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Fly with you!
Tiramisu's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
Wow, that's early! And apparently it will air in Australia this year as well, so I'm kind of hoping that it means the same thing for New Zealand. It would be nice to be able to support the series by tuning in to Nickelodeon for a change instead of finding alternative options.
The thing is, Nickelodeon barely aired it here! We had no advertising, and for about two-three weeks they were showing two episodes at a time and showing this ad that said " Korra, only on Nick, not anywhere online!". Then later a few episodes were leaked and Nick decided to put it online ONLY. So it stopped airing on TV here, and instead got put up online every Friday at noon. This season will be the same for the U.S, but hopefully you'l get some real TV airing.

It's sadly also the last season Nick is buying, so unless another TV station picks it up, this will be the last season. But it will continue in the comic books. Currently, it seems Nick hasn't marketed it at all, only knowing a few days prior to season 3 that it was going to air. They also seem to be trying to avoid putting it on TV, I don't think they realized the age market for it.

( Also, my cat is very well trained. She's got the sitting on my arm down. )
Old 09-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I'm watching season 2 on DVD right now, haven't seen season 3 yet Did they really only air the newest season online? I can't stand it when TV channels do that when the show is normally on TV. Nick doesn't seem to be doing that great with some of their shows; like with the Winx Club, I think they only aired half of the most recent season and the reruns are not even on any of their stations, plus I heard that they won't be acquiring the next season. What's wrong with that company as of lately? (I hope I didn't stray too far off topic... )