PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old Book Covers

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Book Covers

I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I do know that a good book cover will probably pay off better than a boring one; especially for children's books.

I think the books that go with it deserve really cool and pretty covers that use consistent art. My mind is drawing a blank when it comes to a cover. I at first was going to use the dolls of my characters that I made, but I think that actually might scare readers off

Here are my covers (just in case they are taken off for any forum rules I'm not clear on, I'll describe them)

Volume 1: White specks on dark blue, it's supposed to symbolize a certain place in the story.

Volume 2: The story takes place mostly on the ocean, so I picked a photo I took by the sea.

I, myself, am usually drawn to anime or fantasy-like art, such as the art used for this book series. I would love to have the artist who did this cover create one for me.

I imagine the cover with art representing the main characters, or maybe a scene from the story. My first idea for a cover, before I was even done writing the first volume, was the main characters walking through a dark green forest.

What tends to draw you to a book cover?

Last edited by Mommy 2 Jules; 05-09-2015 at 10:52 PM. Reason: removed all personal information references