PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Virtual Items > In the Attic

In the Attic Old Virtual Item threads go here.

Old Do you get to keep anything once your membership expires?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:43 AM
Is a proud pixie!
View Dopey Dust's Photo Album
Dopey Dust's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award Spring 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award Klingon Award 2012 Halloween'12 Award 
Total Awards: 46

My Mood: Artistic
Dopey Dust is a Fast FlyerDopey Dust is a Fast FlyerDopey Dust is a Fast FlyerDopey Dust is a Fast Flyer
Tinker Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Innocent Do you get to keep anything once your membership expires?

Hi everybody!

I was thinking about becoming a member, and I know that as soon as you cancel your membership all the clothes you buy turn grey or something until you resubscribe. But what about tailoring, do you get to keep the clothes you make? And member's quests, do you get to keep the stuff you get as rewards?

Thanks so much!!!!

Love,

Firefly
Old 09-25-2009, 05:47 AM
i miss you all !
View 01Skittles's Photo Album
01Skittles's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award Summer 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: fairyish
01Skittles is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Water Talent
Unfortunately, you don't get to keep any items you'd earned as a member.
When your membership expires, your items earned as a member will be grayed-out.
But, when your membership expires, and your fairy is wearing membership items, you get to keep those on your fairy!
Though, if you change your membership outfit, you won't be able to use it anymore.
As for membership home items, they will be removed from your fairy home.
This is so unfair, right?
But it's really nice to be a member on Pixie Hollow!

Made by Twilight(:
Old 09-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Is a badge hound fairy
View Violet Merryvale's Photo Album
Violet Merryvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 55

My Mood: Balanced
Violet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Skittles View Post
Unfortunately, you don't get to keep any items you'd earned as a member.
When your membership expires, your items earned as a member will be grayed-out.
But, when your membership expires, and your fairy is wearing membership items, you get to keep those on your fairy!
Though, if you change your membership outfit, you won't be able to use it anymore.
As for membership home items, they will be removed from your fairy home.
This is so unfair, right?
But it's really nice to be a member on Pixie Hollow!
Skittles is only partly right. You DO get to KEEP your items, but they gray out and you cannot USE them. The good news is that if you rejoin as a member, everything is there and ready to use again.

If you stop being a member and are wearing member items, you can keep wearing the top, skirt and shoes, but any accessories go to the gray area. If you then change out of them, you can't put them back on until rejoining.

Same with the house. Things just go to gray. They are not GONE, just temporarily unusable. Many fairies have done experiments with this to see exactly what goes and how.

VM
Old 09-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Is a Pixie
View Ladymimi's Photo Album
Ladymimi's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Valentine's Day Award 2017 Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: Sad
Ladymimi has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
Angry They need to change that

I was so mad when a friend told me that wow... I was shocked!!! I can believe that!!!

This is so unfair. For me is like they steal our things. And the reason is that we pay for all that. Pay with the membership and pay with time I work at Pixie Hollow and with ingredients.

If they want to used that to make us comeback and pay.... I think that is so wrong. The new stuff and all the new things that we can have or make is the way we want to come back, and pay again.

If they want to be nice and respect us they need to change that and let us keep all our things.

More in this tough times that we live now that the economy is so bad and they are many people having hard times.

Those kids that play here and are members, maybe now they can’t be members because the parents need to save money … those kids come to play and they see that all their things are there but they can’t used them any more because “no money, no honey”…

These are my feelings about this. And my friends think the same.

Hey want to be better and nicer? Tell us this year for Christmas that we can keep and use the stuff you pay for
Old 09-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Is a badge hound fairy
View Violet Merryvale's Photo Album
Violet Merryvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 55

My Mood: Balanced
Violet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Yes, but many people pay continuously. If you stop paying, you don't lose everything, you just can't use it. If you rejoin, you can use it again. This is why there is a difference between membership and non-membership. If they didn't do it this way, people would buy a month's membership buy what they want and drop the membership. Then the people who pay every month for membership are being given a bum deal.

Even in the tough times, you can find ways to earn money. For adults the 5.95 can cost less than one of the fancy coffees many adults seem to need every day and this is for a whole month. If you save your pennies and buy a year, you get a month free. Even if a child doesn't get an allowance, they can do small things around the neighborhood. I was earning to save for things I really wanted at a younger age.

Think of it as leasing items not buying them. You get to use them while you pay the monthly fee. This is done for many things on the mainland.

Just my 2 cents.
VM
Old 09-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Is a proud pixie!
Dopey Dust's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award Spring 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award Klingon Award 2012 Halloween'12 Award 

Dopey Dust is a Fast FlyerDopey Dust is a Fast FlyerDopey Dust is a Fast FlyerDopey Dust is a Fast Flyer
Thanks everybody!!! I'll think about it, although I REALLY want to be a member!

Love,

Firefly

Sorry again to keep asking stuff, but when you buy a membership, is it for all three of your fairies, or just one?

Last edited by Sapphire Sweetfeather; 09-25-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: merge dbl post
Old 09-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Is a Pixie
View Neverheart's Photo Album
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Procastinating
Neverheart is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
All three.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Is a proud pixie!
Dopey Dust's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Cool, Thanks!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:37 PM
i miss you all !
View 01Skittles's Photo Album
01Skittles's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award Summer 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award 

My Mood: fairyish
01Skittles is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Water Talent
Embarrassed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Merryvale View Post
Skittles is only partly right. You DO get to KEEP your items, but they gray out and you cannot USE them. The good news is that if you rejoin as a member, everything is there and ready to use again.

If you stop being a member and are wearing member items, you can keep wearing the top, skirt and shoes, but any accessories go to the gray area. If you then change out of them, you can't put them back on until rejoining.

Same with the house. Things just go to gray. They are not GONE, just temporarily unusable. Many fairies have done experiments with this to see exactly what goes and how.

VM
Oops! Thanks for clarifying the info Violet!
What I meant was that your items do stay in your journal, but won't be able to use them again unless you re-new your membership.

Made by Twilight(:
Old 09-26-2009, 12:20 AM
more than just a name!!
View Dreamer4012's Photo Album
Dreamer4012's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Get Connected Award  - Retired May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: BerryNice
Dreamer4012 is a talented FairyDreamer4012 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
I would also like to add (because this just happened to me)...

If you are wearing an item that you tailored or bought, once you change your clothes, you cannot wear those items again until you resubscribe. Also the items in your home that were purchased and are currently being used will disappear. You can see them in your storage as gray items, but you can't use them in your home until you resubscribe.

I will be renewing my membership the end of this month... I can't handle not having it!!! lol
Old 09-26-2009, 01:05 AM
A Fairy Remembered
View randomkitty4207's Photo Album
randomkitty4207's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'11 Award Spring 2011 Award Twins Participants Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Autumn 2010 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Summer 2010 Award 

My Mood: Reluctant
randomkitty4207 is a talented Fairyrandomkitty4207 is a talented Fairy
Tinker Talent Animal Talent
The only things you get to keep when your membership expires (and I mean keep, like being able to use them) are your
HAIR
members-only badges
(and the clothes you are wearing[excluding accessories], until you change your outfit)
but that's it

but be like me if you will
see what I do is i get membership about every couple weeks.
so i have membership for 1 month, and then when it expires, i wait another month to get it again.
and since all your stuff is grayed out, when you renew your membership, you get to use your stuff again.
like right now i do not have membership.
but i will in october.
and right now i have 16 members-only badges (in october it will be 20) and short pink hair.
and before i changed my outfit, i had a cute purple outfit (i made the shirt and shoes).
so ya
if you really want membership, just do what i do
get it every other month
it pays off
trust me

~rk
Foxflight
Old 09-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Is a proud pixie!
Dopey Dust's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thanks RK!!!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Sparrowman
View Omega's Photo Album
Omega's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2011 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Happy Easter Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: Incognito
Omega has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Water Talent
From personal experience I bought a single month thinking they would be able to keep whatever they earn. Then I learned about the "grey-out" stuff. You'll find this specific topic covered elsewhere.

Anyway, everything is true you keep it all once you come back as a member. When I spoke to Disney they said they the programmers are paid and they naturally need to earn back the cash that it spent. Not in those words but I got the meaning of what the manager was telling me (using that happy pixie fly with you later voice as they always do).
Old 10-20-2009, 04:39 AM
Is a Fairy
View Emely's Photo Album
Emely's Fairy
My Mood: Cheesy
Emely has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Do u get to keep ur badges that u earn?
Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 AM
heyy:) hardly on.
View jenny lovely blossom's Photo Album
jenny lovely blossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valenpixie's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Autumn 2010 Award Spring 2010 Award Winter Solstice Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Costume Designer Award Halloween '09 Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Suspicious
jenny lovely blossom has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emely View Post
Do u get to keep ur badges that u earn?
yes you do