PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow

Beyond the Hollow For anything not relating to Pixie Hollow or Fairies

Old What are some good movies?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Flitterer
View Stella Icewind's Photo Album
Stella Icewind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award Apr'15 Coloring Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Thankful Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Angelic
Stella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dust
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
What are some good movies?

Hello my dear fairy friends
You may did not know that i love so much art. And when i say ART i mean music,acting,dancing all the stuff in it.Even that i'm not so much good at drawing . Since i was a child i loved singing i always would take something as a microphone and sing out loud in front of my parents or when i was alone. I have a strong relationship with music and i would like to talk about this another time .
I'm planning this summer to watch plenty of movies because sadly i don't have information and i don't watch usually. I would like to watch because i think its fun and its not a waste of time but i really don't know why im not addicted because i like movies.
I would be happy if you guys would recommend me some really good movies. It could be romance,comedy,action etc(except horror ones )as long as its worth watching.. it doesnt matter what type.
Waiting for your suggestions anytime

~Stella
Old 05-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
No answers to this yet?

Well! Here are a few that I like.

Action/Adventure:

Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl (I really don't like the sequels that come after it)

NeverEnding Story

Lord of the Rings trilogy (Fellowship of the Rings, Two Towers, and Return of the King)

Animated:

Castle in the Sky

Howl's Moving Castle

The Last Unicorn
Old 05-19-2015, 10:31 PM
Flitterer
Stella Icewind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award Apr'15 Coloring Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Thankful Award 

Stella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dust
Finally someone replied
Thank you Sapphira for the suggestions. I'll make sure to put them on my list
They seem nice, and about pirates of the caribean i have watched all seasons, can't wait for the new one...totally in love with Jack Sparrow.
I must say that Johnny Depp is my fave male actor till now. <3

~Stella
Old 05-19-2015, 11:01 PM
Rainbow Over the River
View Riverbow's Photo Album
Riverbow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
School Days Contest End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Cookies
Riverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
My favorite movies that I've seen recently, which I think have won awards:

Wolf Children (anime)
Song of the Sea (Irish animated)
Hundred Foot Journey (live actors/actresses)
Frozen (Disney)

Hope you enjoy them!

Riverbow
Old 05-20-2015, 06:57 AM
Flitterer
View stargazer80's Photo Album
stargazer80's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Sleepyy
stargazer80 is a talented Fairystargazer80 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Musical: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Mary Poppins
Adventure: The Princess Bride
Comedy: Last Holiday (It is rated PG-13 but pretty clean and lots of fun)
Animated: Thumbelina (There is an Anime version from the 80s that is on youtube. It is my favorite version) Also the Secret of NIMH is a great movie.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:57 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I read your post when you first posted, but I had to think what to recommend.

I love all kinds of movies from action to musical, comedy to horror,
drama to animated.

I will start with some classics.

Breakfast at Tiffany's
Singin in the Rain
Top Hat
Arsenic and Old Lace

In other words anything with Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire.

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, and VI
Die Hard
Speed
Indiana Jones (the first 3)

Pitch Perfect (just saw 2 and loved it too)
Into the Woods
The Princess Bride
Saving Mr. Banks (about the making of Mary Poppins)
Mary Poppins
Any of the Marvel movies, my favorite being Captain America the Winter Soilder
Batman and Batman Returns (both with Michael Keaton as Batman)
Legally Blonde
This Means War
Any Disney and Pixar Animated movies

and any of the Scream movies, I know you said no horror but I had too

I think that is enough for now, I tried to give you a good mix of things.

Gee I watch to many movies and television I can give you help there too,
I watch way too much of that.

~Twi
Old 05-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Oh I agree, you really have to think about what movies to recommend! I'll try not to repeat what others have mentioned, but I see some of my favorites listed already, which is awesome!
  • I can't say that I've watched a lot of "classical" movies, but those that I have I've really enjoyed. There are the obvious ones like "The Sound of Music" that always stay in your heart. Those that I've seen with Audrey Hepburn ( "My Fair Lady" and "Roman Holiday") were fantastic, I should really take the time to watch some more with her in a leading role.
  • We watch at least one movie in French class every semester, but so far most of them weren't particularly G-rated. The ones I can recall that I enjoyed were "Les Intouchables" and "Le Hérisson".
  • When it comes to French movies, you can never go wrong with Louis de Funès and Gerard Depardieu:
    • For Louis de Funès, I have watched "L'Avare", "L'homme orchestre" and the 3 "Fantomas" movies.
    • The movies that I've watched starring Gerard Depardieu are "Cyrano de Bergerac", "Le Colonel Chabert" (currently studying this one in class), "Asterix & Obelix vs Caesar" and "La Chèvre". I have a feeling that I've missed some that I've watched years ago.
  • You can't go wrong with Marvel films if you'd like to watch some action. Just search the list up on Wikipedia and pick whichever one you like.
  • I love Japanese anime and Studio Ghibli films are practically classics. I think I've watched all of the films and would recommend any one of them (you can find the full list on Wikipedia). "Arriety" reminds me a lot of Pixie Hollow. There's also an old anime series called "Future Boy Conan" which was Hayao Miyazaki's directional debut. If you've seen his other movies, you'll notice some similarities with Nausicaa and Laputa. It's definitely worth watching.
  • Plus there's always a huge list of animated films by Disney and Dreamworks, that is a whole topic in itself.

I think I'll stop here. There are also a large number of Russian movies that I've watched that are really good, but those might be difficult to find in English.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 05-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Flitterer
Stella Icewind's Fairy
Awards Showcase

WOW i think that i've found what to do the whole summer so i'll not be bored anymore.
Thank you girls for the suggestions they seem really amazing at first sight and ill make sure to watch all of them and tell my first impressions
I don't know what would i've done without your help,advices... everyone suggestion's are unique.I'm really lucky to have a bunch of amazing friends here
Thanks again from the bottom of my heart <3 <3 !

~Stella
Old 07-14-2016, 08:46 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Has anyone seen some good movies lately? There were quite a few Disney films released this year, were there any that you particularly enjoyed?

I was looking for some French movies to watch, and "Long Way North" was an enjoyable movie. I felt very much a part of the characters' journey, and would recommend it if you'd like to see a family-friendly animated film that is just as interesting for the adults to watch.

"Brooklyn" was also pretty good, although do be mindful of the rating. Some parts of the story I thought were portrayed well, such as the overall feelings of home-sickness and transitioning into a new life, while other parts may have been done better, perhaps more details added about that particular period in history.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:02 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
In terms of Disney films, I thought Zootopia and Finding Dory were fantastic! Zootopia was funny and a great mystery, with you never being certain where the plot would take you next, and also reflected a bit of our own society in terms of prejudice.
As for Finding Dory, I thought it was a great film. It filled my nostalgia for Finding Nemo, and kept me engaged in it's own story. I've heard people talk about how it was a "lighter" film than the first, in that the narrative isn't quite so dark, but I think that's because we've switched main characters: Finding Nemo was about overprotective parent Marlin, who was desperately searching the ocean to find his only son, while Finding Dory is about optimistic and forgetful Dory, who is trying to find her family she forgot about. The mood change is just inherent, and I still loved the movie as much (if not more) than the first. (And before I turn this into a full blown review, Ellen deGeneres/Dory was hilarious!)

As for recent movies I've seen that I thought were good... I just saw My Big Fat Greek Wedding and I thought that was pretty funny! The movie is definitely a lighthearted comedy, as any conflicts brought up throughout the story are soon fixed (movie intended to make you smile throughout), but there are some adult themes suggested/indirectly mentioned/briefly shown (still within a upper PG rating), so it's not for a super young audience. But the jokes were funny and I laughed a few times, so if you're looking for a "chick flick" feel-good comedy, you could check this out.

Signature by someone, avatar by Neverbelle ~ Come flit by my Userpage! ~ Switch friend code: SW-0846-5678-6094
Old 07-15-2016, 09:53 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Oh yes, "Zootopia" was great! I liked how the story was not so predictable (unless you're an awesome bunny detective), and the whole idea of the animal world was quite creative. The part where they visited the yoga/gym was hilarious.

I'll keep my eyes open for more fun movies to watch. Thanks for your recommendations, Eve! I'll browse through this thread again as well for some more ideas.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:44 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
All the Marvel movies are amazing (well, almost all of them), as well as the Star Wars movies (except the prequels. Most people hate those, but you should still watch them since they are apart of the Star Wars universe/mythos).
Old 07-16-2016, 09:21 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Oh yes, I've seen quite a number of Marvel movies, and our family had a Star Wars movie marathon going on about a year ago. Which movies were your favorites, Alexa?

Old 07-16-2016, 02:57 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Well, my favorite Star Wars movie has got to be ''The Empire Strikes Back'', with ''A New Hope'' coming in at a close second. My top two favorite Marvel films are ''Captain America: The Winter Soldier'' at number 1, and ''Captain America: Civil War'' at number 2. What about you?
Old 07-17-2016, 08:44 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Hmm, I had to look back at the list of movies to check which ones I have watched.

I find that the Star Wars movies are all good in their own way, but perhaps the first three releases (Epidose IV, V and VI) would rank a bit higher for me.
As for Marvel movies, I haven't watched as many as I thought I had. "Spider-Man" was the one that left the most lasting impression. Would there be any particular Marvel movie that you would recommend?