PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Neverland Narrative

Neverland Narrative Join in and never grow up. RPG Forum

Old The Cursed Manor

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:42 AM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
No problem, we won't move too fast.
Just asking, can we post now? I'm not trying to rush, just wondering when we're starting again.

Thank you Stormy and Alyce!
Old 07-16-2014, 05:25 AM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Oh, definitely, Glory!
Old 07-16-2014, 11:51 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Okay then, I'm going to write my first post for Ro. Hazy, the scene where they first find the mansion is all yours, I won't post from Azure until you have time to write.

"Ro!" The harsh, grating voice screeches across the room as the tall, heavyset woman stomps in. "Do ya hear me, girl?"
I grit my teeth, though my ears are still ringing from her nails-on-a-chalkboard scream. "Yes, Matron?" As if the penguins living in Antarctica right now couldn't hear you...
The Matron glares at me, a cruel glint in her beady black eyes. Once, that look would've made me shrink away, cringing, into the shadows, muttering, Yes, Matron, whatever you say... But I'm no longer seven years old and having been dumped in yet another new orphanage, frightened and alone.
Now, at thirteen, I straighten up and meet her gaze without fear. Though a shiver still goes down my spine whenever I look into the bottomless abyss that are her eyes, I've gotten better at hiding it.
"Ro, dear child," the Matron continues in a sickeningly sweet tone. "Have I taken care of you since your very first day here? Fed you? Given you clothes and a place to live?"
"Yes, Matron," I reply in a dull monotone, like the well-trained little machine I am.
As if you would if you had a choice, I long to retort back bitingly.
"Then why can you not do a simple thing like sweep the dining hall?!" the Matron's voice rises into an ear-piercing screech worthy of any banshee.
"I did sweep there, Matron, and you know it," I snap, no longer able to keep the undercurrent of annoyance from my tone. Immediately, her soulless eyes light up in a look akin to pleasure.
"You dare talk back to me, Ro?" she snarls. "Very well, there'll be no dinner for you tonight. You'll have to see if any of the others will have some scraps to spare for you." With that, she spins on her heels and clomps away, her heavy steps echoing through the entire orphanage.
I lean against the wall, letting the feather duster fall from my hands. Crossing my arms, I scowl at her back, knowing that she's waiting for me to run to her, to act contrite and beg for forgiveness.
Not going to happen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Again, Ro?" Kayleigh shakes her head at me as she hands me leftovers from the meager orphanage meal. I take it gratefully, smiling a bit wryly at my friend. "You got on the Matron's bad side again? That's twice this week!"
"I didn't even mean to," I sigh, putting a spoonful of the unidentifiable gray mush into my mouth. "Thanks, Kaye."
That was what she was called. We all go by one-syllable names here, given to us by the Matron. Well, of course, it wasn't like she could be bothered by something as trivial as remembering the fact that we have actual names.
Scratch that. They have actual names, meaning the other kids here. I'm the only one who's a blank slate.
Kayleigh and I sometimes get together and speculate what exactly the "R" on my pendant stood for.

"Rosanna? Rochelle? Rosie?" Kayleigh suggests, poking me playfully.
"It might not start with 'Ro', you know," I reply, rolling my eyes and smiling despite myself. "That's just the name - if it can be called that - the Matron gave me."
"I know, but it's weird. I've always known you as Ro," Kaye replies, lying back on top of my bed.

"It doesn't matter," I say to her now. "Someday soon, I'm going to leave this place, leave all of it behind."
Kayleigh sighs. "You're still thinking about that? Ro, you have nowhere to go!"
"Yes, I do," I retort stubbornly. "We saw the Matron's file, right? I know where I came from, where I was found. I searched up the village. It's just on the other side of the Cariwind Forest."
"Ro. There's nothing waiting for you there. So what if it's the place where your parents abandoned you - "
"You don't know that, Kayleigh," I refuse to be swayed. "I don't know anything about where I came from! That's the point. I can't not know forever." I glance out the grimy, dirt-streaked window. "This isn't all there is to the world; it can't be. There's something better out there, and someday soon, I'm going to find it."
Kayleigh sighs. We've had this argument more times than I care to remember. I just couldn't understand her defeatist attitude. Did she really want to spend her whole life rotting away in here?
How could she not yearn to know? Who we are, where we came from. Everything. I have so many questions... And I know I'm not going to get my answers here.
"Come with me, Kayleigh," I plead, just like I always do.
"There's still five years left until we turn eighteen and can leave the orphanage. Maybe you'll see reason by then." Kayleigh sighs. "I can't, Ro, I just can't. How do you know there's something better for us out there? We're orphans, alone in the world. That's how it'll always be."
Instead of answering, I turn away from my best friend. I don't want to argue with her, not again.
But still I feel the hope, burning within me like a candle flame. Tiny, but strong enough to pierce through the darkness and let me know, there's still a chance...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that night, I stand alone in my darkened room. A shaft of moonlight streams in through the window, casting my meager belongings in an ethereal silver glow. I stand by the window, singing the familiar song softly, under my breath.

Watching the night set in,
Tomorrow's a brand new day again,
Full of twists and turns you'll never know...
and great surprises.
Nothing is black and white,
with so many colors in this life,
Take the brush and paint what's in your dreams
A perfect picture.

This small verse, the slight snatch of a song, is the only memory I have of my mother. I can't remember her face, but I remember hearing her soft voice in the darkness, singing. I remember feeling my fear of the dark slip away at the sound of her soothing voice. And that's how I know. She didn't hate me, hadn't abandoned me. My mother had loved me, enough to give me this song, to give me something to hold onto in the darkest of nights.
And I know - I know - that it won't be five years from now that I leave this place to find my answers. I can't wait that long.
Tomorrow. A brand new day, full of new twists and turns I never knew. Tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow I leave, and I'm not coming back.
A new day, a new beginning, full of uncertainty, and yet full of hope. It's everything I'm looking for. Maybe my mother's song is a prophecy after all.
Soon rain begins to fall, smattering my window with droplets. I turn away and check that I've packed everything.
Tomorrow night, under the cover of darkness, I'll leave this place.

(Sorry that was so long. I'll try not to do that again.
Anyway, the song is actually the first verse of "Magic Mirror" from the Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust CD. I thought it kind of suited Ro, with her stubbornly optimistic hopes and dreams.)

Last edited by Night Wish; 07-17-2014 at 05:17 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:56 AM
Is in my comfy place
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 

Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Are we still doing this?

Old 07-24-2014, 03:00 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
(Yup! I just got back from vacation yesterday. I'll start catching up on my character's story tomorrow. )

Last edited by popcorn1234; 07-24-2014 at 03:17 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:03 AM
Is in my comfy place
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Welcome back. How was your vacation?

Old 07-24-2014, 03:09 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 

popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
It was great! My family and I visited a whole bunch of cool national parks, as well as some landmarks... we even went camping and saw several animals deciding to camp out with us.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:18 AM
RPs assemble!
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 

Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Oh I love national parks! Welcome back and so glad you had an awesome vacation, Popcorn!
Old 07-24-2014, 03:37 AM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Welcome back, Popcorn! Hope you had an awesome vacation! I'm afraid I've got some news of my own. I'm going on vacation on Sunday.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:05 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Well, I hope you enjoy your vacation, Rainbowswirls! We'll try not to go too far without you.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:54 AM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Of course we're still doing this Glory! We've all been a bit busy.
I'm glad you had fun on your vacation, Eve! I remember when I camped at a national park, and saw some wild animals myself.
Okay Rainbowswirls, we will miss you! We probably won't go very far without you. How long will you be gone?
Old 07-24-2014, 04:24 PM
RPs assemble!
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Hope you have an awesome vacation, Rainbow! Fly safely!
Wow, what a lot of vacations lately. I have news of my own - I'm going on a trip as well, starting next Wednesday, for almost two weeks.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:32 AM
Is in my comfy place
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Glad to hear that you had a good time!
Wow, that is a lot of vacations lately. But then again it's summer break. Have a great trip, Rainbowswirls and Night Wish!
While I'm not going on vacation, I just want to warn everyone that I'll be a lot less active next week because we're having family over that we haven't seen in awhile.
So guys, I'm thinking we should post at least a little this weekend, since next week will be a bit quiet on this RP?

Old 07-26-2014, 01:35 AM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
I'll be gone for about a week.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:49 PM
RPs assemble!
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Bye, everyone! I'll be back August 8 (four days before my birthday ). I'll check back now and then when the hotel has wifi.
As always, control my characters however you need to. Have fun with this RP!