PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Tales > Hollow Tales

Hollow Tales When the pixie dust runs out.

Old Secrets of the Fay

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:57 AM
Summer is coming :)
View Sahara Islandheart's Photo Album
Sahara Islandheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Summer 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Double Puzzle Participation Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Artistic
Sahara Islandheart is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
I posted the second chapter while there was the time glitch, so people may not have seen it posted as there are no comments. Or maybe people just dont want to comment! LOL. Either way the second chapter is here. Hope you like it!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:44 AM
more than just a name!!
View Dreamer4012's Photo Album
Dreamer4012's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Get Connected Award  - Retired May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: BerryNice
Dreamer4012 is a talented FairyDreamer4012 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
Hi Sahara! I love this chapter of your story!! How cool would it be to actually find a fairy... I have had a sighting... but never up close and personal like in this story!! Looking forward to the next addition!!

PS... Because of the time issue... the comments to this chapter are above what you have posted.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:14 AM
Summer break is over, Ugh
View Olivia Roseheart's Photo Album
Olivia Roseheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Angelic
Olivia Roseheart has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Finally sis,
you finally listened and posted your story,
congrats and I love it as always!
LIV
Old 06-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Awards Showcase
Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Summer 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Double Puzzle Participation Award 

Post Secret of the Fey - Chapter 3

Now heres Chapter 3! Enjoy!

Secrets of the Fey

Aurora: I was rather dissapointed. I had been searching for nearly an hour and was starting to think the worst. Maybe I had just imagined it? No, it had been very real, and Mallory had seen it too. Perhaps it was a one time thing. I would just have to except the fact that I amy never see them again. "AURORA!!" It was Mallory, and she was running towards me. I could not believe what she carried in her arms. It was the fairy I had seen in the garden the night before! "Look what I found!" Mallory beamed. "Now this is the girl that saw me last night?" The little fairy asked. "Yes, Lochinar," she replied. "Mallory, whats goign on? I asked. "Why is the little fairy letting you hold him?" I could see he didnt like being called little. "Hes injured," Mallory replied. "She is not holding me!" Lochinvar burst out. "And I can tend to myself! Thank you very much!" Mallory laughed. "Why thats Lochinar for you!" Mallory giggled. I could tell already he did not like to ask for help or be helped. "I should be going though, I must continue searching."
"Searching for what?" I asked. "Come on, Loch!" Mallory said. "Tell us! Maybe we can help?" Lochinar hesitated, "Oh no! Of course I cant! But then again..." By now we ahd made our way over to the tomato garden. "Oh just the place I wanted to see! What time dare it be?" Loch asked. I smirked. He certainly had a strange way of talking. Mallory glanced at her watch. Five minutes to twelve, she replied. "Why?" Loch began to rock back and forth on the palm of Mallory's hand. "Decisions, decisions! Oh can I trust you? With the Secret of Fey, that is?" Mallory and I shared a glance at eachother. "What is Fey?" Mallory said first. "Fey is the mythical world of fairies. ALl mythical creatures for that matter. Now, I suppose I can explain. Well, actually, not I, my sister. Espolyn, I believe you both have met her? She comes to your garden, particularily the tomato patch, everyday. Usually in the early morning, noon, and late evening. She tends to them, and we have um, been searching them more frequently lately.

Mallory: "Oh Lochinvar, please! Tell us what is going on! We can help! I cried. "Oh I doubt that, he grumbled. "Oh! Perfect timing! Theres Espolyn! She can explain everything! Espolyn! Over here!" Loch yelled. It was the fairy from the tomato patch. She looked terrified to see her brother, probably due to the fact he was sitting in the palm of a human. "Do not worry, dear sister! These girls are friends." Reluctantly, Espolyn finally started flitting towards us. "Loch, what is the meaning of this?" she said, in a light, musical voice. "Oh your wing, dear brother, did they do this to you?" she asked, eyeing us skeptically. "No, actually this young girl here, Mallory," he said gesturing to me "she, uh, helped me." He managed to spit out. "Oh she helped you did she?" Espolyn asked, she looked amused. "Yes, I was being savaged by a dog, he said, pointing to his wing. I had no other choice."
"Oh, so they know now, they have it?" Espolyn asked. I really had no idea what they were talking about, maybe it was some knid of fairy code. "Well not exactly, I was hoping you could do that." Espolyn smirked. "Ahhh Loch, of course. Well then, hello, my name is Espolyn, you are Mallory she said pointing to me, and you?" She asked my sister. "Aurora" she breathed. "Ah lovely, anyways, now that you have seen fairies once, your life will be quite different. Now, listen carefully. We are myths. Some people claim we are real, well others call us a joke. No one has realy proof. Now I must tell you, we are not the only creatures out there."
"Really?" Aurora broke in, "what else is there?"
"Oh, too many to name. But in time, you will meet them. The only thing is, most species have a magic - spell? You could say? Enchanted over them. They are only seen when they want to be seen. This spell protects them so they are not seen by humans. Its a nuisance, though, for those who use it for bad." Aurora's eyes grew huge. "Bad? There are bad creatures?"
"Nothing you need to worry about," Espolyn said kindly. A thought popped into my head. How come we were able to see you then? I asked. I could see Loch give Espolyn a grave look. "Well thats what we were wondering too. We had the spell turned on, and really have no idea how you were able to see through it. No matter, maybe we forgot to turn it on or something... she trailed off. Never mind that. Usually we believe if we are spotted, it is ment to be. Hence the term "fairy spotting" many creatures all over the world live by this philosophy, and thats why you hear once and a while of mythical creature spottings. Once a human sees us, we give them two choices. You must let us give you "The Sight of Fey" or let us erase your memory of the events of ever meeting us. I dont think we should give you either option just yet, Loch dont you think we should talk to King first?" He nodded. "Now if we were to say just a few simple words, it would lift the spell put on all humans at birth. You will see all magical creatures, whether they have the spell on them or not. You will see everything in a whole new light. But - it appears you two are different. In very rare cases humans can see faires, without the sight of fey. Very rare cases. Thats when Loch cut in. "No, Espolyn, leave the matter. We will discuss it later. With - well you know who. Sister, we should go. Loch wait, we cant leave yet, we have to tell them about our kind...
Old 06-25-2009, 06:08 PM
is back in the Hollow! =D
View Roseheart's Photo Album
Roseheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Fairy Friends To The End Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 33

My Mood: Dreaming
Roseheart is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Water Talent Light Talent
I am so sorry it took me so long to review!! Truly, this is the first time I've had to sit down and really read your latest posts -- I have been insanely busy lately!! It's been torture, I'm so behind on my favorite Pixie pastimes!! But I am back, so all is good.

I cannot tell you how much I love this story, Sahara!!! It seriously makes me want to dash out the door and go searching for fairies, except it's midday where I am, and you and I both know that isn't the best time for them to appear to humans. But really, this tale has such a lovely, enchanted feel to it, it just opens a person's eyes to the magic of the world. I don't know how to describe it -- it's kind of like being a kid again (oh brother, that makes me sound so old, but I'm not grown up yet, thank goodness ), where everything seems bespelled and wonderful, new and sparkling. This story is such a joyful thing to read, and that's about as high a compliment I can possibly give, buddy. I hope it gets published someday!!

I cannot believe Rori and Mallory have actually met the fairies! Incredible! I am just loving where the plot is going -- it's so exciting to think that the Twins may get the Sight of the Fay. I wonder what kinds of amazing -- and maybe even scary -- creatures that might reveal to them?? Something tells me that if they decide to get the Sight, their lives are never going to be the same!

Lochinvar is such a funny character, always talking to himself and determined not to be helped by anyone. And Espolyn is so graceful and lovely -- even her words sound enchanted! I hope the twins can meet Finnion properly soon, too, and I'd love to find out why the fairies are meeting at the tomato patch so often and what other secrets they may have -- I'm teetering on the edge of my seat, literally!!

Please write more soon!!!

Fly with you!
Roseheart
Old 09-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Awards Showcase

Secrets of the Fey - Continued

Hey guys, its been a while since I updated this story, my apologies! I saw on one of the threads that Neverheart wanted to read some more of it, so that inspired me to add the next chapter!Thanks again for reading, please post your comments!

Chapter Four
Aurora: "I don't understand", I complained. "Everything is so confusing. Where are all the other fairies?" "Fairies have things to do you know. We help nature. When you saw Loch and me last night in the rosebush we were helping the roses. Finn and I were helping the tomatoes when you saw us" she said to Mallory. "Mallory! Aurora! Lunch!". "We have to go" I said "Loch, we haven't asked them yet" Espolyn whispered to Loch. "Ask us what?" And I wnat to hear everything about fairies" Mallory complained. "Tonight" Espolyn said. "We will meet you.... in your playfort, say 7:00??" "Sounds good", I said. "Promise to tell us everything" Mallory asked. "Such enthusiasm!" Espolyn beamed. "I promise!"

That night, at exactly 7:00 p.m., Mallory and I rushed out to the playfort. Sure enough, Espolyn and Loch were waiting. "Hey there!" Espolyn grinned. "Now we are here to talk about something with you girls. It is very important. The leader's bird, Talynth, is missing." "It is not that simpled" Loch added. "Talynth is a very important bird. Magical. She is every colour of the rainbow. Her job is to ensure the beauty of nature. If humans were to find her, oh, it would be dreadful. Put her in a zoo or something. That is why we must find her fast. Every day that goes by without her flying around blessing the world, the worse nature gets. " Espolyn let out a sigh. "How long has she been missing? Mallory asked. "Almost a week" Espolyn said. "Which is far too long if you ask me. So what we were going to ask you..." Loch began, "Is if you would help us? Espolyn finished. It didn't take Mallory and me long to decide. With one glance at each other we knew the answer. "Of course!".

Mallory: The next morning I was woken up by an urgent sounding Aurora. "Mal, you won't believe this! There is a note for us in the window box." Grumpilly I crawled out of bed. Aurora hopped over to me with a small bit of leaf. It is a message from Espolyn! Aurora began to read it. "Dear helpful friends, I went to the leader of Shiregrove Field (that was the field behind our house named after the town we lived in) and got his consent that humans could help us with the search of Talynth. At first he was hesitant, but after I pointed out we had no other hope, he relented. Oh dear friends, that means you can help us! I can't wait to become better acquainted with you. Meet us at the old walnut tree, you know the one, at 9:00 a.m. Sincerely, Espolyn. Aurora looked at me. This is so cool!" she said. "I wonder who dropped it off?" I asked. "Well, I heard a bird, that is what woke me up" Aurora said. "Let's go eat, then we can go see Espolyn" Aurora beamed.

Aurora and I hurried outside adn ran towards the field. We knew the exact tree Espolyn was talking about. When we got there, Espolyn, Loch and a new fairy were waiting. "Hey girls" Espolyn called. The nwe fairy's face turned grim. I felt a little uncomfortable. He didn't even know us! "This is Murdoch, leader of the field" I felt a shiver go down my spine. "N nice to meet you" Aurora stuttered. "Oh no, the pleasure is all mine" Murdoch replied in a low voice. He didn't look as old as he sounded. He had wavy brown hair and blue eyes. He fluttered down near our face and stared for what seemed like forever. Suddenly he fluttered back to Espolyn and Loch. I heard him whisper something to Espolyn. Her face brightened and then quickly fell. "Oh but Murdoch, that isn't fair!" "Silence Espolyn. You need no more argue with me. But are you sure?" Murdoch continued to stare us down. "Yes" he said, staring straight at us. Then suddenly something unbelievable happened. Murdoch changed in a pop! Murdoch was no longer a 5 inch fairy but a full heighted man. I jumped back. The comforting thought of hitting Murdoch with a fly swatter if he bothered me no longer applied. Whoa! Apparently Aurora felt the same way. "Thought it would be easier to talk face to face" Murdoch grinned. "I miss my dear Talynth. She is my petd. Did you know? She is immortal; almost like us. Yes, we don't age nearly as fast as you humans do. Why, I am one hundred and twelve years old, although I don't look it. Each leader can rule for up to twenty years. They are chosen by Talynth, who becomes their pet. So I am sure you can imagine how terribly I miss her! All I can say is, find her please." I glanced back at Espoly, who was quietly talking to Loch. She looked angry. So, I assume you have been given the sight of Fay? Murdoch asked. "Well, no, actually we haven't" Turning to face Loch and Espolyn he asked "Now why is that?" Espolyn looked down at her feet. Loch fluttered toward Murdoch. "Uh, well, you know Murdoch. They were born that way. Must have had special DNA or something.

Aurora: Mallory and I shared a look of despair. DNA. From our real father. Mallory and I thought about him constantly. Mom refused to talk about him, she always said "never mnid that, you have a father, Julian is your father." Of course he was. Julian wa great. He'd been around since we were three. He was a great dad. He even treated us with the same affection as Avery, even though she was his child. But we still wanted to know more about our real father. Murdoch nodded, as if he finally understood. "Loch," Mallory cut in."Why don't you change to be big like Murdoch? " There was a long silence. Finally Espolyn spoke up. "Few fairies can" she said. "You have to learn how to do it." I looked over at Loch. I bet he wished he could be big. Murdoch cleared his throat. "Now I must get back to the field. I am needed constantly." With that, Murdoch popped back into fairy form and flew away. "Why, he seems friendly" Mallory said sarcastically. Espolyn smiled a weak smile while Loch just grunted. Espolyn flew up to us. " I am very greatful to you both. Here" she said handling us a bit of leaf."this is a list of a few places the Grove Council suspect Talynth could be. They suspected whoever took her was a fairy or human and if they were a fairy they would most likely hide Talynth in a garden or field, so that if a fairy was to come across her they would just think she was doing her job." I cleared my throat "Um, what if Talynth is ... dead?" Loch shook his head. "NO, if she was dead the forest would rapidly wilt and a new magical bird would immediately be called upon. She is not dead, just hidden" I looked down at the piece of leaf. it read: Reufield Park -106th Lispen St. Woodengrove Field - 84th Avenue. Margette Gardens - 21st Hemmington Way. " So you want us to visit these places?" Mallory asked. "Yes, oh would you?" Espolyn beamed. "As soon as possible would be best" Loch added "Mallory Eloise Jenson!" screamed a famliar voice "UH oh, that was mom's voice!"
Old 09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Is a Pixie
View Neverheart's Photo Album
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Procastinating
Neverheart is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Yay! You've continued! I like this Murdoch character! Reminds me somewhat of Thaddeus, ha-ha. And this magical bird sounds amazing! If the bird has to choose a new leader every twenty years, and she's still missing by the time Murdoch has to leave the throne...goodness, I sure hope I'm not unveiling a plot here. This could all be a part of Murdoch's plan...!