PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old Save Pixie Hollow! All Discussion of PH's Closing v.2 *Mega-Thread*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:59 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I know no one will understand this, or just be blind to it, but I just want to say that Disney probably has nothing to do with the toys with Pixie Hollow codes still being sold in stores. I'm pretty sure it's the stores' fault for simply not knowing better. The stores bought them from whatever company that made them (not the Disney company, because Disney does not make toys, they just give the rights to toy companies like Mattel to make toys) and naturally the stores want to make money off these toys. That's what stores are there for, to sell stuff.

I don't think my local Walmart sells the ones with codes, but I think Target does; which is strange now since those particular toys are old and probably should be put on clearance. If I was brave enough, I could probably get a discount at the checkout for mentioning the 'expired' codes.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:42 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
I agree with Sapphira. Plus, Disney can't call up every store, right? I bet they're working really hard to bring the hollow back, they just probably ran low on money.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:02 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowswirls View Post
I agree with Sapphira. Plus, Disney can't call up every store, right? I bet they're working really hard to bring the hollow back, they just probably ran low on money.
Maybe they did..
Old 03-31-2014, 10:01 PM
∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞
View Infinity Mistyvalley's Photo Album
Infinity Mistyvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Pixieish
Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira110 View Post
I know no one will understand this, or just be blind to it, but I just want to say that Disney probably has nothing to do with the toys with Pixie Hollow codes still being sold in stores. I'm pretty sure it's the stores' fault for simply not knowing better. The stores bought them from whatever company that made them (not the Disney company, because Disney does not make toys, they just give the rights to toy companies like Mattel to make toys) and naturally the stores want to make money off these toys. That's what stores are there for, to sell stuff.

I don't think my local Walmart sells the ones with codes, but I think Target does; which is strange now since those particular toys are old and probably should be put on clearance. If I was brave enough, I could probably get a discount at the checkout for mentioning the 'expired' codes.
What do you mean that no one will understand or are blind to what you stated as a "fact" in your eyes? How does it make sense that Target should know better? You're right in that other toy companies create the toys, but Disney GAVE them those rights. Ultimately, this is Disney's error and the fact it has been nearly 7 months since the closing and these toys are still advertising codes is an egregious error on Disney's part. When I was in Target the other day, some of the toys looked new to me because I have never seen them before and they had codes for PH.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 04-01-2014, 03:24 AM
Here and there
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 

Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Mistyvalley View Post
When I was in Target the other day, some of the toys looked new to me because I have never seen them before and they had codes for PH.
Disney might be trying to reopen Pixie Hollow. Like I said before, they probably just ran low on money. The codes are still on the toys. Even though it's been a long time since Pixie Hollow closed, it could be reopening this April or in Summer. The codes might be for when Pixie Hollow reopens and you can redeem these codes.

Don't lose hope! ~
Old 04-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Is a Pixie
View Lemony's Photo Album
Lemony's Fairy
Lemony has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent
Is anyone remaking this game?

Hi, I found my old login info for this forum.
I'm a toontown player for over 10 years, but I used to play pixie hollow for a while in the past, a few years ago.
Had a tinker fairy that looked pretty much like tinkerbell. (:
I didn't play this game for long cause I figured it didn't have enough options to be worth the money (which I blame disney for), that was years ago... But either way I REALLY like tinkerbell and the disney fairies and the movies... I think if there was a game about it again I would probably give it another shot.

Anyway I'm sure you know how most of disney games got closed together... Now for toontown there is a huge hope in private/community servers, I'm also a part of the Toontown Rewritten team (but not as a coder) and I can tell we are actually playing the game and getting into having the full game running free for everyone soon.
I also know there is a group remaking POTCO (which I never played before).
And then I was wondering... What about pixie hollow? Is anyone remaking the game or even trying to make a new game from scratch based on this game?

I think it has much less hope than the others and it makes me kinda sad... First of all as far as I remember the game was kinda build inside the website and wasn't really installed in your computer, so no game files to play with (I might be wrong)... Second thing is that the game was played mainly by girls, and girls are usually not those who learn how to code and build games. And last thing is that out of the disney games, this one had the most active disney characters in it, since movies are still being made with those characters and they are still a big thing for disney.

But on the other side - technically this game should be the easiest to remake from scratch if someone tried to, like not exactly the same game, but a new game based on it should be as hard as the other games, cause this game was 2D with not many features in it. Or if there are any game files to work with, I bet it's way easier to make a private server for it than it was for the other games.

So I was wondering if you ever tried to make a group of people who might be able to remake the game? Or are there no people able to do this on this game community?

Just wondering, cause I was just thinking of how sad it is for the girls who liked this game if nobody will do anything about it... ):
Old 04-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 

Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

There are a few groups out there who are re-creating PH. I do not have the links on hand... but they are posted in various threads on this forum.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 04-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 

Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Mistyvalley
What do you mean that no one will understand or are blind to what you stated as a "fact" in your eyes?
?I can't tell if you're mad at me, but *shrugs* I'm sorry. I said that because I don't know how old everyone is on the forums, or how much knowledge they know about businesses. For me, common sense tells me that once Disney gives the rights to a toy company to make Disney-related toys, that ends the discussion. Disney gets paid, and Disney moves on to other matters. It is now up to the toy company to inform stores of their products, since they are the ones who put the codes on the toys. Individual stores full of individual workers cannot possibly know every little detail of items they purchase in bulk from a company.
At one point, Disney had to have told the toy companies to stop putting codes in their products for Pixie Hollow, but that didn't stop the already made toys in storage that had codes from going out to stores that bought them to sell.

When it comes to the toy section, I can't stand my Target, they never have what I really want; and then when they do, they are old and should have been on their shelves months ago. Like those Palm Tree Cove toys, on the forums I saw people talking about them being in stores, so I had hope my Target would get them. I had wanted the code to open the Seashell dress for my Water-talent. But the silly store didn't get the toys until Pixie Hollow was closed! It made me mad!! Anyway......
Old 04-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira110 View Post
?I can't tell if you're mad at me, but *shrugs* I'm sorry. I said that because I don't know how old everyone is on the forums, or how much knowledge they know about businesses. For me, common sense tells me that once Disney gives the rights to a toy company to make Disney-related toys, that ends the discussion. Disney gets paid, and Disney moves on to other matters. It is now up to the toy company to inform stores of their products, since they are the ones who put the codes on the toys. Individual stores full of individual workers cannot possibly know every little detail of items they purchase in bulk from a company.
At one point, Disney had to have told the toy companies to stop putting codes in their products for Pixie Hollow, but that didn't stop the already made toys in storage that had codes from going out to stores that bought them to sell.
I am not mad nor offended. I pointed that out because what you are saying as it entails to business is incorrect. The toy companies and Target would have no way of knowing these changes without hearing it directly from Disney. Ultimately, Disney is responsible for notifying the manufacturers. Also, consider the fact that it has now been nearly 7 months since the closing. There is no reason that there should be toys on the shelves with codes for PH unless Disney is not communicating appropriately, which is clearly the case.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 04-02-2014, 01:21 AM
idk what to put here!
View Kenzie_Lightningripple's Photo Album
Kenzie_Lightningripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Roflol
Kenzie_Lightningripple is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Disney might be trying to reopen Pixie Hollow. Like I said before, they probably just ran low on money. The codes are still on the toys. Even though it's been a long time since Pixie Hollow closed, it could be reopening this April or in Summer. The codes might be for when Pixie Hollow reopens and you can redeem these codes.

Don't lose hope! ~
Huh, I still have a clickables toy that I bought long ago, looonnnngggg before I had found out that they were no longer supported, that is. That I wanted to use, again, it was long before I found out, and I didn't get a chance to use it.
However, this is really not the point. Disney SHOULDN'T have closed Pixie Hollow, frankly because it had ALOT of fans that played the game. And I know that every single one was VERY upset. I was too, and I just think it was unfair.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:26 AM
Here and there
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemony View Post
Hi, I found my old login info for this forum.
I'm a toontown player for over 10 years, but I used to play pixie hollow for a while in the past, a few years ago.
Had a tinker fairy that looked pretty much like tinkerbell. (:
I didn't play this game for long cause I figured it didn't have enough options to be worth the money (which I blame disney for), that was years ago... But either way I REALLY like tinkerbell and the disney fairies and the movies... I think if there was a game about it again I would probably give it another shot.

Anyway I'm sure you know how most of disney games got closed together... Now for toontown there is a huge hope in private/community servers, I'm also a part of the Toontown Rewritten team (but not as a coder) and I can tell we are actually playing the game and getting into having the full game running free for everyone soon.
I also know there is a group remaking POTCO (which I never played before).
And then I was wondering... What about pixie hollow? Is anyone remaking the game or even trying to make a new game from scratch based on this game?

I think it has much less hope than the others and it makes me kinda sad... First of all as far as I remember the game was kinda build inside the websit

So I was wondering if you ever tried to make a group of people who might be able to remake the game? Or are there no people able to do this on this game community?

Just wondering, cause I was just thinking of how sad it is for the girls who liked this game if nobody will do anything about it... ):
A couple groups recreated (somewhat) Pixie Hollow.
One is called fairyabc.com (Designed by Wind Muddle) and the last time I checked, that one was adding files. I forget the other one. .

There also is a Chinese Pixie Hollow, which is somewhat like our original Pixie Hollow.

Still, don't lose hope! I think it might reopen sometime this summer or in 2015.

Hopefully other groups will try to recreate Pixie Hollow. I currently play a game called Fantage, which is also a good one.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:44 AM
Stella Suspeck
View 56GreyJars's Photo Album
56GreyJars's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Splashing
56GreyJars has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Quote:

Still, don't lose hope! I think it might reopen sometime this summer or in 2015.
It would be wonderful if it did open again~!
But this summer and 2015 are relatively specific dates. I'm just wondering, how did you come up with these dates?
Old 04-02-2014, 04:35 PM
BK
View xAmberXOX's Photo Album
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: CantWait
xAmberXOX is a talented FairyxAmberXOX is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
I still can't process the fact that my favorite game, PH. shut down. Now, life's gotten so boring without it. But deep in my heart, I still have a big feeling that PH will return in some form. Like people have said, there are other groups out there (some are anonymous) who are recreating PH. But it still hurts that I may never see the amazing friends I've made that you won't meet everyday in real.

But guys, we can't give up. I know its been months and I know the rumors aren't true, but we can do things too! We can't depend on Disney Interactive anymore, as established, so there must be another way. Like I always tell myself, "nothing is impossible" and "there's a solution to EVERYTHINGG." So what do you guys think we can do to reopen PH? Any ideas?

Last edited by _Stormy_; 04-02-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Merged Double Posts
Old 04-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Mistyvalley
Disney is responsible for notifying the manufacturers. Also, consider the fact that it has now been nearly 7 months since the closing. There is no reason that there should be toys on the shelves with codes for PH unless Disney is not communicating appropriately, which is clearly the case.
Sorry to bother you again. I agree, that's why I said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira110
There is a hidden question that some have not thought of: I am sure Disney told the toy companies about the closure of Pixie Hollow; however, this does not stop those toy companies from selling the toys with dead codes to stores. After all, the companies either throw those toys away, repackage them (that's what I would do), or simply sell them until they're gone from their warehouse. It all depends on what the company decides and what would cost them the most in money. The newer toys do not have the codes. Even if you have never seen that particular toy until now, look at the year it was made and it will most likely be 2013 - before Pixie Hollow closed.
My information might be incorrect, but I only say this from many different experiences. Not everything is black and white. Right or wrong. Yes or no. There's always that in between gray section of loop holes and whatnot. Especially when it comes to companies and businesses.

And Amber, I wish I could think of a way to bring Pixie Hollow back. I sometimes find myself wanting to go to the Hollow and fly around, or playing one of the games; like Pinecone Pop or Sunbeam Bend.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:23 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
I saw a ad for PH the other day... Suspicious if you ask me!!
*is on to Disney*