PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Pixie Events and Parties

Pixie Events and Parties Make, Organize and Talk about in-game Events and Parties

Old Summer Celebration

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:48 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Sun Summer Celebration

Fly with you, Pixies!

I'm doing my own little Mainland event-of-sorts to celebrate the season of Summer. I've grown to dislike Summer even more since the closing of Disney's Pixie Hollow; what I loved about the game was that it made me appreciate how unique and special each season was. So I decided in order to survive through the heat , I'd find Pixie Hollow ways to celebrate it. And I invite YOU to join me.

Every week, starting today (July 21, Thursday), there will be a new theme. This week it's Tinker Fairies and Treasure

What I plan to do is little Mainland activities everyday, like watching The Pirate Fairy shorts one day and going virtual-exploring another day. Today I went to Fairyabc's Pixie Hollow and hung out in Palm Tree Cove to think up a possible Pixie Hollow badge event: a Treasure Hunt!

You can join in by sharing your own Tinker Talent & Treasure activity and 'earn' this week's badge (I will be posting the badge here and you can save it to your own virtual leaf journal, or print it out and glue it in a real badge journal.)

So wear green and put on your favorite Tinker Bell shirt and celebrate Summer with me!

Tinker Bell's Treasure Hunt: Everybody's favorite tinker-talent has arranged a nature-themed treasure hunt. Can you find all of these hidden gems in Palm Tree Cove?

A circle in the sand; a shamrock glittering with pixie dust; a hidden beach; delicate pink flowers; a giant seashell; a little palm tree; a tiny shell in the shade; and the waterfall in Mermaid Lagoon.

Last edited by Sapphira110; 07-23-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:59 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 

Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Thursday News!

Hello Sunshines

It's a new week, and this time we'll be appreciating the warm (and oftentimes hot) sun with Light Fairies and the Sun

When it gets so hot in Summer I find it tough to give thanks to the sun's rays, it's the main reason why the season has become my least favorite. But I can't be so ungrateful, the sun is important in so many aspects that I could never write them all down! So this week I'll be trying my best to appreciate and enjoy the sun - now if only I could find my way to a good beach.

Because Iridessa has the End of Summer Sparkler event, this week was given to Fira to host. Fira is known for her love of stargazing, and that's when she got the brilliant idea to make a badge event for just that. I'm going to try to see the Milky Way this week on the Mainland; here's a little information from Space.com:

"It's possible that most people on Earth have never seen the Milky Way, the galaxy in which we live. The Milky Way used to be a part of every human's life experience, but now that the majority of mankind lives in cities, with their light pollution, the Milky Way is rarely seen. Our Milky Way galaxy is at its best for the next couple of weeks, but most of you will need to make a special effort to see it. It will probably require a drive of an hour or more to reach a dark enough location, where the Milky Way will be visible. Then it will require another 20 minutes for your eyes to become adjusted to the dark.

What will you see? Not the brilliant array of stars you see in photographs made with long exposures.

The real Milky Way looks like a faint band of moonlit cloud arcing across the sky." <-- So true! I have a childhood memory of being able to see the Milky Way in my own backyard, when my Dad and I used to stargaze together: I was looking up at the sky and pointed out this huge arch of what looked like a misty cloud. I asked him what it was and he nonchalantly told me it was the Milky Way. My eyes became all starry as I realized I was staring at the galaxy in which my home planet resided in. Do you know how excited I was!?! I hope that memory will always stay with me.

Last edited by Sapphira110; 08-01-2016 at 11:58 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:43 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
What a unique way of celebrating summer! I really enjoyed reading through the ideas you have shared so far, and your badges are as lovely as always. Makes me really wish to be able to fly into the Hollow again. However! Just being able to share the experience of these events with you is a pleasure. I have honestly been thinking of contributing to this thread, but haven't found inspiration/ideas for a new event as of yet. I've been so busy with juggling lots of responsibilities that I haven't been able to take the time to do something creative, oof.

Will be waiting for your next week's event!

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 08-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Well, at least you're celebrating along with me by reading my 'News'. For me, I don't think too far out of the box when it comes to activities. Like for this week's theme, I wore a lot of clothes that reminded me of Fira and my own Light Fairy Crystal. Today, being the last day for Sun Week, I plan to look at pictures of known Light Fairies like Stella from the Winx Club, and of course Iridessa and Fira.

I wanted to share my experience with trying to see the Milky Way. I couldn't go drive off for an hour to get away from the light pollution, and it's sad to know that there is much more light pollution in my town as of present than it was in the past. So many of our neighbors have to have these blinding lights in their backyards; I understand trying to scare off raccoons, because our backyard has been visited by one, but come on People, do they need to be so bright and higher than your fence!?

Anywho...I sat outside in the dark - brr~ - for around 20 minutes, and while I waited I let a lot of the night noises scare me to where I almost ran inside - but I stuck it out because I could see the faintest haze in exactly the same spot I saw it as a child, and if I just stayed out long enough I would get to see the Milky Way! But, alas, the haze got slightly more easier to see, merely confirming it was there but I still couldn't really see it. And as soon as I stood up, I got blinded by a street lamp. Ugh~

But! It was still really fun. I think I saw and heard bats! The noise they made scared me at first since I didn't know what it was, and then I heard a high-pitched screech and saw two gray things flying off. They had to be bats at 10:20 at night. I didn't know my town had bats, and I've never seen them in the wild, so it was a pretty cool experience.

Click the image to view the full version
(Not my picture, though I had hoped to get one...)
Old 08-04-2016, 11:12 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Hey Pixies!

This week's theme is a little different, it's based on a Japanese manga called "Aria", which is what my avatar and signature is from. "Aria" (by Kozue Amano) is very special to me, it helped me get through a tough time in my life by seeing the beauty and magic in the everyday and appreciating the wonderful world around me. Which is why I had to have it for my Summer Celebration. "Aria" is based on a future Mars where most of the planet's surface is covered in water, so the characters have to get around by gondolas and flying motorcycles. The main characters live in a town based on Venice, Italy; so I have plans to virtually visit Venice and maybe explore my town to find secret nooks (one of my favorite parts in the book series.)

Zarina is hosting this week's event, since she loves adventure and trying new things: Visit her in her alchemy chamber to get a list of secret nooks around the four different seasonal meadows to fly to and discover.

Last edited by Sapphira110; 08-11-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Happy New Year!
View Daisy GlitterConfetti's Photo Album
Daisy GlitterConfetti's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd Arcade Champ Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Adventurous
Daisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
This is a really fun idea, Sapphira! I can't wait until I can print out my badges! (After I create my Leaf Journal, of course!)
Old 08-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Ooh! You'll have to show me your leaf journal. (Well, you don't have to show it, but I wanna see it!)

Just a heads up, the newest badge is ready and willing to be printed out I think I like this one the best so far, though I know Zarina looks a little fuzzy around the edges - it was hard to give her a transparent background.

A little tour of Venice, Italy:

"Acqua Alta is a bookstore in Venice that is pretty much made out of books. There's even a gondola that sits in the middle of the foyer with books spilling over its sides. In the back are very old, worn out volumes stacked to form steps. It's almost like visiting a sunken library." Acqua Alta is something that happens every year where the water rises and many stores and homes are flooded. It's a fun chapter in "Aria", but I wonder what the real experience would be like? The city is pretty dirty, so I would think that would be troublesome.

"One of the famous buildings in Venice. This was built in 1499. It is called the Scala Contarini del Bovolo" (The Contarini's Spiraling Ladder is what I think that means...)

"The crypt of San Zaccaria." What I love about "Aria" is that the characters always come across these kinds of secret, hidden places.

One of Venice's many narrow canals.

Last edited by Sapphira110; 08-11-2016 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

It's Thursday Again...

It's a Splashy Day

New week, new theme, and it's all about Water Fairies and Mermaids

Normally Silvermist would be hosting the Lucky Fish hunt and a pool party, but this time she has given her role to Rani as she plans for a new event next month! The Ballroom is under renovation, but you can splash around in Mermaid Grotto - and me? I'll be having my annual Mermaid Camp this weekend, can't wait to make some mermaid-themed crafts.

Splash around with the mermaids in Mermaid Grotto to earn Rani's Summer Celebrations badge. If any fairy knows about mermaids, it's Rani. She can tell you all about their strange quirks and sweet talk any mermaid into escaping their capriouscious clutches - Just make sure to leave the Grotto before night fall, or the mermaids' singing will turn you into a bat!

Last edited by Sapphira110; 08-16-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:00 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Two crafts I did this week:

They're called charms, but I made ornaments out of them.

Spoiler for BIG bookmark:

A bookmark you can print out and make - that is, if you read the good old fashion books and not nooks. (I can't make that bookmark any smaller, I tried...)

Last edited by Sapphira110; 08-31-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I'm baaack

~101 Candles~

This week's theme is very different from previous ones, and a little embarrassing since it shows everyone how much of a Japanese cultural geek I am. It's also has a long-winded explanation that could, at one point, get confusing. So please bear with me: 101 Candles started with a Japanese comic book. As best as I could translate, the story went that a school was doing an event at night where all the students told a ghost story. 100 candles would slowly be lit as each story was told. I believe that according to the school's legend, if 101 candles were lit, a ghost would appear; hence, my August event of 101 Candles started. Why August, you ask? Eventually I learned that in Japan they do, indeed, tell ghost stories during the hot months of Summer, August being one of them; because what usually happens when you hear a ghost story: Goosebumps! You get a little chill from the fright and it cools you down!

What I normally do is read a lot of scary stories – not too scary, because I've always been a bit sensitive to that subject. And no, I do not light candles, except for a few fake ones
Although I might ask my brother to light some real ones for a Sunday teatime. (Fire scares me, so I don't mess with it.)

This event is hosted by Vidia, help her tell scary~ ghost stories in Fairy Tale Theater, which is done up like a haunted house, and earn this week's badge:

Last edited by Sapphira110; 08-22-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:05 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
You'd make a lovely Pixie Hollow quest writer, Sapphira! I could clearly picture how every event would be organised, I think hearing Vidia telling scary stories would be so much fun, I'm sure she'd do well. (I have a feeling that Tink might've liked to try spooking the storyteller )

That bookmark is beautiful - did you add in the sparkles yourself?

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 08-25-2016, 02:55 AM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Summer Celebrations Continue!

Evening, little blossoms...

This week's theme is Garden Fairies and Tea

And for me it's extra special since Sapphire Mistyriver's Arrival Day is this Monday as well as my 9th anniversary of my first official Sunday Teatime! I'll be making sun tea and baking scones and having themed teatimes.

If you haven't guessed, Rosetta is the host of this week's theme. She need help in making sun tea, so grab some jars from the Glass-blowing talents and gather tea leaves to bring to her to earn this week's badge.

How I make sun tea: I have a small jar that holds about four cups of water, so I put in three bags of tea; fill the jar with warm water; and place it in a sunny location outside for about three hours. Even though it's not very hot when I bring the tea back inside, I always like to have a cup of the warm tea before icing it for iced tea; I think it's neat that the sun helped in making the tea - so I guess it's my way of thanking the sun?

Some sun tea I made this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf
That bookmark is beautiful - did you add in the sparkles yourself?
No, I found the bookmark on Google's image page. I've always wanted that bookmark of Rani, but my town didn't sell it in the bookstore that we used to have (we have no bookstores, now); plus it was too expensive for me. Of course, now you wouldn't be able to find it unless you were lucky. So I went ahead and saved this image of the original bookmark to make myself one. It's not as good as the real one, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Last edited by Sapphira110; 08-31-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:41 PM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
I earned that stargazer badge for myself because I love stargazing, especially in the summertime! I'm going to add that one to my leaf journal!
Old 09-02-2016, 02:45 AM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

How ya flying, Critter-lovers?

This week is all about Animal Fairies and Adventure

I tried to dress in Fawn's colors today and this Saturday I'll have a little bicycle adventure - I'm not sure what else....
Oh! Maybe I can go to the nearest wilderness park and see if I can spot deer; I love deer

Fawn has planned a fun trip into the Wilderness, do you dare join her? She can be a little, erm...too brave for her own good.

Last edited by Sapphira110; 09-13-2016 at 03:59 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I went to the local wilderness park this Saturday and was able to take pictures of the animals I saw. Most are blurry because I had to really zoom in to capture them and my camera isn't the best.

I had a lot of trouble taking a picture of the hawks flying around.

Cute little lizard, this guy was sooo tiny that Fawn could have him as a dog-size pet!

A woodpecker (I think.) The tree she's on was covered in holes! Can you see them?

In one part of the park there was a 'city' of squirrels running around and eating.

Spoiler for Snake - just in case some of you are scared of them:

This guy came slithering out, I was too surprised to be scared. Snakes don't really frighten me too much - unless they're poisonous, and this one I believe was a rattlesnake. Pixies, don't mess with snakes. Got that?