PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies Minigames and Quests

Fairies Minigames and Quests Talk about the various minigames and quests around the realm

Old Snowflakes Sweep Tips

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Lightbulb Snowflake Sweep - Quicker Badges

For Snowflake Star, you have to play 5 times, and for Super Snowflake Star, you have to play 25 times, and for Flitterific Snowflake Star, you have to play 100 times.

I wondered, What counts as a "time"? Do you have to get to a certain level, or a certain number of points?

I tried different things today, and I narrowed it down. You have to get over 300 points (not an exact number, but close). It doesn't matter if you get that in one level or five levels. Also, over 300 points is what you need to get an ingredient prize.

I hope this helps fairies get their Snowflake Star badges faster.

Stormy Lightningberry

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 05-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Is a badge hound fairy
View Violet Merryvale's Photo Album
Violet Merryvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 55

My Mood: Balanced
Violet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry View Post
For Snowflake Star, you have to play 5 times, and for Super Snowflake Star, you have to play 25 times, and for Flitterific Snowflake Star, you have to play 100 times.

I wondered, What counts as a "time"? Do you have to get to a certain level, or a certain number of points?

I tried different things today, and I narrowed it down. You have to get over 300 points (not an exact number, but close). It doesn't matter if you get that in one level or five levels. Also, over 300 points is what you need to get an ingredient prize.

I hope this helps fairies get their Snowflake Star badges faster.

Stormy Lightningberry
Yeah, you just have to do a certain minimum on each game. I chose three to four levels so I could get a few Ivy and pine needles. Each game had a different amount to have it count, I think firefly was 1200 points for instance.

I just wish they would fix the timer! It is in the way, so you accidentally get flakes you don't want or can't tell the color or can't see the ones you need! Plus I agree with said earlier that if you go to fast certain colors blend and you get the wrong ones in your bag as a result. Rant number 3 is that sometimes you only need one color such as level 3 pink and it takes 30 seconds before you see the first one! How can you finish if they don't give you the ones you need! Okay, off my soapbox.

That being said, I hate the last masochistic level, but have completed it a few times. Good if you need snowflakes! And one of the few games that is decent on the rarer items won as well!

VM
Old 05-04-2009, 01:27 AM
more than just a name!!
View Dreamer4012's Photo Album
Dreamer4012's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Get Connected Award  - Retired May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: BerryNice
Dreamer4012 is a talented FairyDreamer4012 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
I love Snowflake Sweep!

I love this game!! I became a member just so I could play it!! LOL

If you are working on your badge and not concerned about ingredients at the time, you only have to sweep the first snowflake.

If you see the snowflake behind the timer, start your sweep off to the side, then go in and get it.

That first sweep usually gives me over 1200 points and the option to chose 1 pine needle or 2 snowflakes.

You can also, if you computer doesn't bog down, sweep to two different bags at the same time. If you sweep to one, don't wait for all of them to go in - go work on the other bag (if there is more than one bag).

You also get an extra 1000 points for not melting a snowflake or sweeping it into a tree. Also getting the falling timers helps add to your score.

Hope this made sense!

Dreamer
Old 05-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Proud Mom Fairy!
View Lila Mossgarden's Photo Album
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 115

My Mood: Baking
Lila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
to get the points to qualify to count towards the badge...1! Just swwep that little one into the pouch as fast as you can and that's it. You only get 1 pine needle or 4 snowflakes but if you are not doing it for the ingredients it REALLY makes the badge go faster.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:43 PM
loves nice cars!
View Altmed's Photo Album
Altmed's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Award Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Happyy
Altmed has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
Snowflake Sweep freezes all the time on my end

Quote:
Originally Posted by amantha View Post
The game I was playing froze on level 8!!!
Hi,

I see someone else has had the same problem I have had with the game... It seemed to get somewhat better playable wise, but then after a few levels (around 3-8) the game freezes and says there was a connection problem. Also, on my end, the game, after the first few levels, did give me not enough flakes of the correct color (weather i let the others fall, threw them into a branch or popped them at the top, or simply let them fall) of enough of the correct colors for that level. I did once get to the levels with the hour glasses, but that was some time ago.

I have talked to a few other fairies that have had the same problem, so I know I'm not alone... It's frustrating, so I'm hoping the game will be fixed so it works with a variety of computers, and I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with the connections, both on cable modem AND DSL (I've played it on both and on at least 3 different computers myself and had the same issues.) Also, the date, time and your time zone (if not reported when it happened, or perhaps a Tinkerer can tell us the best way to report this as well, as I know sometimes I get bumped if the servers are busy, even from the meadows, and again, I'm not alone with that either.

I'm not sure why the game throws me out (and others as well) after several levels (It seems lately to freeze and throw me out around level 7-8 or so.) SO, when I do the quests, and for badges, I've had to simply play level 1 over and over until I get the points I need. It looks like it could be a really fun game, and when I got up to the levels with the hour glass the one time, it was really fun, but sadly this isn't usually the case.

Any ideas for the programmers on how to remedy this problem? Please pass them along to those who know how, as it is frustrating to feel shut out of a game, and knowing that it's not happening to everyone, but it is to quite a few.

If it's happening to you, please post here and PLEASE report the problem. I'm sure it will help them to know what type of computer you are playing it on (NOT brand, but processor, memory speed and amount and so forth if you know it!) and type of connection (DSL or Cable and speed.)

Thanks for listening and I hope a remedy is found soon! The one time I could play it to the higher levels, like I said, it was fun, and I thought maybe the problem was fixed... Seems the last few days it's simply throwing me and others off, so it would be great to give the Tinkers some info they can use, or if you are reading this and are a Tinkerer, PLEASE let us know what is of most use to you!!!

Thanks!

Altmed
Old 06-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Older Fairy Younger Heart
View breezy roseblossom's Photo Album
breezy roseblossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Sunshine
breezy roseblossom has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
If it is freezing for some of you then it will be fixed

if you report it. In the upper right hand corner it says contact us report a problem. Well if you report it & fill out the form they can look into it & fix it in a short matter of time. I know they have done it for other problems ph has had.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Summer is coming :)
View Sahara Islandheart's Photo Album
Sahara Islandheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Summer 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Double Puzzle Participation Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Artistic
Sahara Islandheart is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
One of my biggest tip is on the higher levels, be sure to get the timers! You will need them!
Old 06-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Asleep at the keyboard...
View MelodyMoonriver's Photo Album
MelodyMoonriver's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Summer 2011 Award Patriot Pixie's 2010 Award Summer 2010 Award Spring 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Musical
MelodyMoonriver has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Water Talent Water Talent
I'm one of the lucky on this, never had any problems with Snowflake Sweep. I love that game. I rake in usually 250-300 snow a go!