PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old Gimp Help! [Merged]

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:15 PM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Wink Shop New Idea: Easy Way to make a Fairy Doodle!

Notification: You need to know to use your own drawing program or don't read this thread. Thank you

Hello everyone,

Wondering what you can make while Pixie Hollow closed? Graphics? 3D Fairies? Well, I think that type of arts needs high quality (HQ) image. Some users had some troubles when setting their image or the most bad thing is they don't use PDF file program. Well, I should think another type of art. How about computer/hand drawings? If you can draw ya, you can pick this one. But I feel this might take time too long and some users had failed this type of art. I'm also feel about this thing when Pixie Hollow closed. So, I found another type of art, from Wizard101 game, and my inspiration points to this type of art. Yes, doodle! The easiest way to make your fairy, but not forgetting the quality, the wonderful art, and also the funniest type of art. The only disadvantage is, you can't use fully open hand and neck clothes, except you use necklace or it might make your art messy. Other than that are just the advantage. So, what's the false to choose this wonderful type of art? And because of that, I will tell you how to make this type of art.

Okay, so the basic things first. This might be the easiest art to make, you don't need hours to spend! Just 1 hour only, and you already make this art. First of all, I use Photoshop CS4 to make this doodle. I had made the simplest doodle, when you only need some shapes to make (no tablet or brushes needed) and you just add the stroke (if you want) or leave it without stroke. It's that easy to make a smooth stroke and HQ art by yourself! So, without much explaining, here's the most simplest doodle that I had made:

I had made it into transparent with my watermark name on it. Both are the advanced system of doodles. Now, let's go to the basic thing one!

First, choose the color of your skin (this is easier to do in Photoshop), choose circle shape, then size it however you want it be (circle or ellipse) and how large it be. Then, make both of eyes (black in color) and mouth (for this, I use the shocked expression with white circle and black stroke). Congratulations, you have make your own fairy doodle face! Now, what we will do? Let's make the hair, of course!

The picture above shows clearly what shape I use for the hair. I use only 5 rectangles for the hair. 4 of them are the hair back, and I had simply rotate them. The smallest one in the front is the front hair. Congrats, now let's go to the hair accessories.

This time, I use a hat as my hair accessories, which is the simplest thing to do. Just pick up your triangle shape (set up through the polygon tool in Photoshop) plus Trapezium shape (in Photoshop: just select your triangle, inverse your selection, then delete them, lastly deselect them). Now, you have finished your face and hair, congratulations. Now, let's move on to your body (especially to your clothes)

Move on to your fairy clothes. This is the simplest clothes that I can make (thus some fairies are creative at clothing), also I will leave up the skirt shape to make you'll can see the basic shapes. First of all, the top and belts. The top are just a rectangle basic shape, just the easy one to do. Plus the vertical flip of triangle shape in pink color. The belt? It's easy one to do, make on your pink rectangle, size it so it's the same size as your clothes side, and put on a black heart on it. The skirt? It's just very easy. Prepare 5 same size pink rectangle, combine and resize them so it looks like a skirt, and congratulations, you had made your skirt. Clothing part is complete. Now, what less? Oh yea, the hand and legs! And of course, Wings!

Let's go to the hand and legs. The hand are a simple 2 rectangle shapes that are joined together to make it real. Well, most of you don't notice about this thing, so this is a good way to make this thing as a secret. Also for the legs and the hand, I use white ellipse shape to make both of them. Lastly, the wings, it's a simple thing to do. Just prepare 2 long triangle shape, rotate them, and combine it with 2 circle shape. Then, lower it's opacity, about 50%. Congratulations, you have make your own doodle, and it's time to showcase it to the public.

Advanced Doodle
Here are the type of doodle that are commonly made by everyone, yes advanced doodle, where you put your watermark, creating shapes on the clothes, or even adding paper textures to your doodles. This three are one of more advanced doodle system, so there are lots more you can do with your doodle, but not to destroy your wonderful basic doodle. I will only show you to adding decorations to my doodle, without telling you the tutorial since many users can do that by themselves. Okay, here's the result of my decorated doodle:

How's your doodle? Do you have any questions? What's your suggestion of my doodle? Don't hesitate to post and share all of them in this thread. I can't wait to see how's your creative hands make doodles and combine them uniquely. Thanks for reading this thread and good luck at creating your own doodle.

~Alyce
Old 06-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Thank you for inventing this wonderful art, Alyce! Combining shapes and colors can always create something wonderful!
I will try making a doodle and post it on this thread!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:49 PM
cool
View Cerise_Ivory_Electro's Photo Album
Cerise_Ivory_Electro's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ EKB Meme Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Winner's Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Skilled Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 34

My Mood: Apathetic
Cerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dust
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent

I did mine a little differently, hehe.

Last edited by Cerise_Ivory_Electro; 06-27-2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: forgot the wings :o
Old 06-27-2014, 07:55 PM
•༺💕༻•Just Believe•༺💕༻•
View _Stormy_'s Photo Album
_Stormy_'s Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 113

My Mood: Gaming
_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
What a fun idea! Thank you so much for the tutorial, Alyce. I will try to make a doodle and post the results later

Books are a uniquely portable magic