PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old Save Pixie Hollow! All discussion of PH's closing *mega thread*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Slamina from VMK
View Dawn Peppertree's Photo Album
Dawn Peppertree's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Thankful Award PHF's Oct'12 Design A Costume Participant's Award Spring 2012 Award St. Patrick's Day 2012 Award Leap Year Award 2012 
Total Awards: 17

My Mood: fairyish
Dawn Peppertree met the QueenDawn Peppertree met the QueenDawn Peppertree met the QueenDawn Peppertree met the QueenDawn Peppertree met the QueenDawn Peppertree met the Queen
Animal Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
It has been a pleasure flying with you fairies

Profile picture by Aspenleaf :D
Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Clubpenguin?? WOW!!! How can they clearly not see Pixie Hollow makes more sense than Clubpenguin!! It is easier, and a beautiful small town of Pixies.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:42 AM
Is a Fairy
View HaveAMagicalDay's Photo Album
HaveAMagicalDay's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 2

HaveAMagicalDay has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
It's quite sad to see Pixie Hollow go, even though I didn't really play it. It is also sad to see POTCO and TT go as well. I find it funny that only after two days since Disney Infinity is released they decide to close 3/4 of their MMORPG's...
Old 08-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Flitterer
View stargazer80's Photo Album
stargazer80's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Sleepyy
stargazer80 is a talented Fairystargazer80 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Unless they bring back a revamped Pixie Hollow I am not playing another Disney game either. I do not care for Club Penguin. I do not have an Apple product, so I can't play their apps. They just lost a good loyal customer.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:55 AM
Is a Pixie
View bayberry bubbleweather's Photo Album
bayberry bubbleweather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 37

bayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queen
Water Talent
I am pretty sure club penguin is a big part, but there is also a platform issue, pixie hollow needs to be updated to a different platform I think, cause flash is out-dated or something. So, Club penguin and apps do play a huge role because all the money is going there instead of to pixie hollow and the servers being updated so they can run on computers. that is what I think anyway.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Heart My Heart is broken

I'm not sure why they did this, but I know I will miss everyone. I can only hope and keep my wings crossed that they will come back, and we can still have our fairies too!!! This may sound funny to some of you but I bought a necklace on the mainland, and it simply says "Olivia"
Old 08-21-2013, 01:05 AM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
I just sent a long complaint email to Club Penguin telling them to regret what they did and I am awaiting their response. I ending the email with: We do believe! We do believe!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:13 AM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Shocked Pixie hollow doomsday

Oh no! I can't believe this is actually happening! Fairies are flying everywhere in panic! Pixie Hollow is getting messy! Our beautiful hollow is closing on September 19, 2013. Relax! It is not the end of the hollow! Before this happens, we must all take screen shots and do everything we can to keep memories! JUST DO IT. Have you always wished that you can actually have wings and fly in nature everyday? Did you always wish that we can have the warm nights and parties just like in the Hollow? Of course we can! We can rebuild the hollow in real life! You know, Pixie Hollow was just the beginning of what is going to be Pixie Hollow. I talked to the Never Council about what I feel and they said a response similar to the green banner you will see while logging in. It is up to us to make the non virtual Pixie Hollow! The forums can still be active of course! Keep thinking outside the box! Post your ideas! Post pictures! Make videos! For example, you want to make your fairy home. You can turn your room to look your home! Something like that. What do you think? PLEASE HELP KEEP THE HOLLOW ALIVE. Keep dreaming!

Last edited by Daisybelle; 08-21-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:15 AM
~Dream a 'lil dream of me
View Mia_Sparkle_Fairy's Photo Album
Mia_Sparkle_Fairy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award DOW Follower Award - Retired Pixie Resolution Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: CantWait
Mia_Sparkle_Fairy is a talented FairyMia_Sparkle_Fairy is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I'm having a hard time believing it. No! It can't be true! It can't be! But it is... But enjoy my inspiration speech:
Pixie Hollow was a magical land, filled with hope, love, and kind fairies. Although I am sad to see it go, I think we can all say that we knew it would happen one day. Pixie Hollow was my childhood, and I hate to see it go. But I can say one thing: It was the most amazing childhood I could wish for, because I spent it with my fairy friends. Let's try not to be sad, and enjoy all of the good memories! All we can do is move on, and let the past be the past. At least we on the Forums will still have each other, right? We can turn this horror into a good thing, so let's try to do just that.
Just going to go cry now, I hate seeing my childhood leave me behind.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
I have no words for this... somebody pinch me and tell me that this is a horrible nightmare.

My reputation with Disney has already been quite low, but this was a definite slap in the face from their part. Sure, their online gaming department was not the strongest in the first place, but you don't just dump everything in the trash with hardly any warning! That's not just poor management, that's plain rude! For goodness sake, if you're not capable of running virtual worlds, sell it to a company who can make better use of it!

Pixie Hollow has been one of THE most unique virtual games that I have ever been a part of. The artwork style made it look like a pop-up book and linked so well with the movies too! There was so much potential that began to dwindle down since 2012. Truth be told I was expecting for a day like this to come, but not this year!! And what about all the badges that I still have uncompleted? Grraaaah, I sincerely hope that at least someone in their department is kicking themselves for this decision, or is at least feeling guilty or sorry for us in some way.

I reckon they were planning this for a long long time prior to this date. The Pixie Diamonds must have been their way of squeezing the last juice out of the game while delicately planning to shut the whole process down behind the scenes.

Well... If anybody is planning on organising some meet & greets for this month, I'd be more than happy to join in and prolong the wonderful moments.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 08-21-2013, 01:31 AM
Gone camping
View RiverLunaMorningvalley's Photo Album
RiverLunaMorningvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award Thankful For Award EKB Meme Award 
Total Awards: 34

My Mood: Pixieish
RiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Shocked

OMG.

MY world is ending in 2013.

We gotta rush to take screenshots!!!!

Anyone else's life is ending on September 19?

Lol I'm tired that's why I'm freaking out. O_o

I just don't get why Disney brought this upon us all of a sudden!!

Ikr! It's like my brain can't even register this, it's so used to having Pixie Hollow alive and normal!!

I am going to find Disney and yell at them until my vocal cords break!!!!

Last edited by Mommy 2 Jules; 08-21-2013 at 04:21 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts, edited for inappropriate
Old 08-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Is a Pixie
View Kairatera's Photo Album
Kairatera's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Pixieish
Kairatera has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Are you sure it's closing forever? It seems a bit vague. I took it as closing on that date, for maintenance or something...
Old 08-21-2013, 01:42 AM
above the clouds! <3
View Dawn Starvale's Photo Album
Dawn Starvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 58

My Mood: Gloomy
Dawn Starvale is a Fast FlyerDawn Starvale is a Fast FlyerDawn Starvale is a Fast FlyerDawn Starvale is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Water Talent
Hello fairy friends, New and Old. It has certainly been a while since I've been on this lovely site...for that I apologize. I grew up and forgot about this place for a while.

I am absolutely devastated by this news. Pixie Hollow was my outlet when I was at my lowest point in my life. It brought me joy when I couldn't find it elsewhere. I am in tears about this...literally sobbing here while my boyfriend tries to console me.

This game has meant so much to me these past (almost) 5 years. I would play when I was feeling blue, when I needed to talk to my fairy friends...when I needed to be reminded that we're all still kids at heart.

To those of you that I do not know, I hope that one day we can meet again in Pixie Hollow, or some place very similar. To those of you whom I have had the utmost pleasure to get to know, I hope we can stay in contact and remain friends...if keeping you all as friends is the only thing I can keep from this game, then I am content.

To Dawn, my lovely fairy that has been through it all with me...I shall miss you the most. You have become very dear to me all these years...I adopted you in to my persona, molded you to what I would always want to be. The fact that we will not be able to be together any longer saddens me to no end. I will do my best to preserve your memory by any means possible. You will never be forgotten, because you will never truly leave me!

Let us make this last month a good one! I love you all so very much, my dears. I hope to get to know you all in the next month, and keep those friendships for a long time.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:53 AM
Flitterer
View stargazer80's Photo Album
stargazer80's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 7

stargazer80 is a talented Fairystargazer80 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Because they are MEAN! MEAN MEAN MEAN!!!!!!!!!! I'm just bummed. It hasn't completely sunken in yet.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:59 AM
loves a Panda
View Jade Nightlily's Photo Album
Jade Nightlily's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Autumn 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sad
Jade Nightlily has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
Exclamation

It took some scouring of the web, but I found an outlet to express my concern for this situation. Here is what I wrote: (Please feel free to write to them as well- this may just be our only way to get our message heard!)

"It is with great sadness that I write to you today. Upon receiving the devastating email informing all of Pixie Hollow's loyal subscribers of its closure, I felt an inconsolable sinking sadness that I know nothing will mend.

My name is Lindsay, and I'm a recent college graduate and devout Pixie Hollow Member. I have just received my 4 year membership badge, and was blissfully thrilled to someday see a 5 year badge.

I'm a realist, and know that nothing can exist forever- but to close a game that so many people adore and pay for monthly (not to mention look forward to playing on a regular basis) is both disheartening and confusing. Closing this beautiful world to focus on Club Penguin? I see the demand for that medium, but why now? Why give members just one month to both finish all they'd ever wanted to accomplish in the game and grieve at the same time?

I joined Pixie Hollow just before I left for college out of state to better bond with my twin sister. We have always loved Disney, and the Hollow only added to the wonderful joy we feel towards the brand and company. It has brought us closer in all facets of our friendship.

There is obviously a large amount of people that are willing to pay for these services in the online world of Pixie Hollow- is there any way that it could be salvaged? Even if it were not to run on Adobe Flash (the rumored culprit in the closure) and simply run on a very basic mode? I remember back when it just came out of Beta mode how enchanting it all was- dazzling background art, ingredients scattered in a few meadows, teeming with potential. Even just the thought that it could expand to something more made me want to come back.

The Pixie Hollow Forums at pixiehollowforums.com is overflowing is heartbreak and disappointment. Is there anything we can do to help keep Pixie Hollow?

All of us who have created fairies and have grown to love them as extensions of our personalities only wish to keep the bond intact. Thousands of screenshots are being taken at this very moment to preserve some of the memories of this most beloved game. What can we do as a community to keep this alive?

Thank you for your time, as I'm sure I'm not the only one to write to you.

I await your response with a broken heart, but one still full of hope. "

Write to them at [email protected]
Help me Save the Hollow!

Dawn Starvale,
You are the reason I found and love this wonderful community!
My boyfriend is consoling me while I sob here, too.

Love you, Seester!

Last edited by Mommy 2 Jules; 08-21-2013 at 04:23 AM. Reason: merged double posts