PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Updates/Changes

Site Updates/Changes Information from the admins about changes to PHF's site and content.

Old Play Pixie Trivia

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:21 AM
View Batleth's Photo Album
Batleth's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Klingon Award 2012 PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 
Total Awards: 130

My Mood: Busy
Batleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Chat Play Pixie Trivia

Trivia buffs and speed typists unite... Our Pixie trivia channel is now open!

With the help from many of you, we now have Pixie Hollow, Tinkerbell Movie, and the fairy book collection trivia questions ready to satisfy any craving. Just click into Live Pixie Chat (located on the homepage) and find your way to #pixietrivia. Karo will be happy to spring up a round of questions for you.

For the top 10 trivia winners, there will be scrolling names and a new shiny award rewarded at the end of this round of trivia:

You can participate in live chat by finding your way to the #pixiehollowforums channel. (IRC Guide located here.)

As always, don't forget the rules and that we ask that all players be considerate of others while playing.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:15 PM
aka Ginkgo♥
View Ginkgo's Photo Album
Ginkgo's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Klingon Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award Autumn 2011 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award EKB Day Award 
Total Awards: 35

My Mood: Amuzed
Ginkgo is a Fast FlyerGinkgo is a Fast FlyerGinkgo is a Fast FlyerGinkgo is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
how do i find it batleht?
Old 11-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Thinking about things
View Breezy lemonwind's Photo Album
Breezy lemonwind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner - Retired Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Flutterish
Breezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
I don't have the live chat. How do I get it?
Old 11-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Visit the DOW wiki at www.disneysonlineworlds.com!
View Mommy 2 Jules's Photo Album
Mommy 2 Jules's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Extra Life 2014 Award Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 188

My Mood: DowObsessed
Mommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond repute
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
To get to PHF's Live Chat feature, all you have to do is go to the Home page of the forums. Look at the top of the website for these buttons:

Click on the "Home" button. Once there, you will see a box on the upper right-hand corner that looks like this:

Enter in a nickname that you wish to be known as (it usually helps to use the same name as your forum name so everyone recognizes you, but you can select anything you choose). Then hit the "Chat" button! The chat feature should launch automatically.

The Chat feature is a great place for all of us to get together and talk any and everything Pixie Hollow related. And now, there's another great reason to enter our Live Chat -- you can get a new shiny award for playing Pixie Trivia! I look forward to seeing you all there!

~ Em

Thank you, Coconut Tulippetal for the lovely profile pic and siggy! | Site Rules | The DOW Wiki | Mods & Admins | PM Me
Old 11-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Hall of Fame
View Sillyasacat's Photo Album
Sillyasacat's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2012 Award Klingon Award 2012 Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award Spring 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 38

Sillyasacat is a Fast FlyerSillyasacat is a Fast FlyerSillyasacat is a Fast FlyerSillyasacat is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Finally! Trivia to get hooked on again... *giggles*.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Thinking about things
View Breezy lemonwind's Photo Album
Breezy lemonwind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner - Retired Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Flutterish
Breezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy 2 Jules View Post
To get to PHF's Live Chat feature, all you have to do is go to the Home page of the forums. Look at the top of the website for these buttons:

Click on the "Home" button. Once there, you will see a box on the upper right-hand corner that looks like this:

Enter in a nickname that you wish to be known as (it usually helps to use the same name as your forum name so everyone recognizes you, but you can select anything you choose). Then hit the "Chat" button! The chat feature should launch automatically.

The Chat feature is a great place for all of us to get together and talk any and everything Pixie Hollow related. And now, there's another great reason to enter our Live Chat -- you can get a new shiny award for playing Pixie Trivia! I look forward to seeing you all there!

~ Em
Thanks Em. You are very helpful.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:15 AM
~Woop dee doo
View camillia's Photo Album
camillia's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2011 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award 2010 Holiday Award Twins Participants Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Bored
camillia is a talented Fairycamillia is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I am having BIG troubles.
I don't know what to do.
All I see is a blank window saying
Startup error: java.lang.error Unable to load interface pixx and on to a long reason.
What is this?

EDIT::

Okay fixed , sorry for the alarm.I had to do something with my security settings.
So far I see "Trivia game off". Is there a certain time for this?

Last edited by camillia; 11-18-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
i would like to, but i have tried to get into live chat numerous times. it always says "you need to update ur java" thingy. and i did and it still says, an error occured. and it just shows a white screen showing "straw trying to enter chat room" or something like that.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:19 AM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
I had so much fun playing the trivia game. Kinda lost track of time . Only thing is it would not let me use the name Twilight, said it was already taken, so they gave me a nickname. Pixie58, I just changed it to Twi now, so I hope my points will go together. I worked hard this morning.

~Twi

Last edited by Twilight; 11-18-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:47 AM
I miss ya'll!
View arianna's Photo Album
arianna's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Spring 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Book Titler Participant's Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Make A Wish Award Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 30

My Mood: Magical
arianna is a wiz at Fairy Tagarianna is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
I would love it. . . But like camillia said, it happens to me too.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Searching....
View Jezzi's Photo Album
Jezzi's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 84

Jezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond repute
Garden Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by camillia View Post
So far I see "Trivia game off". Is there a certain time for this?
It is open 24/7 but if three questions go unanswered then trivia is automatically stopped. To (re)start it type in the command !trivia. To change categories (Pixies or Disney) then type in !choose. Be aware that once trivia has started you cannot change categories until either an OP stops it or three questions go unanswered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw View Post
i would like to, but i have tried to get into live chat numerous times. it always says "you need to update ur java" thingy. and i did and it still says, an error occured. and it just shows a white screen showing "straw trying to enter chat room" or something like that.
Try checking your firewall/security settings, sometimes this can block it. If these are fine then maybe Java didn't download properly. Try deleting and re-installing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
I had so much fun playing the trivia game. Kinda lost track of time . Only thing is it would not let me use the name Twilight, said it was already taken, so they gave me a nickname. Pixie58, I just changed it to Twi now, so I hope my points will go together. I worked hard this morning.

~Twi
That is the downside to trivia.. you just can't stop! There are lots of channels out there, not just ours, so somebody probably has your nick elsewhere if you cannot see it in our channels. If you have to change your nick because of this then please message TooHip, in channel or on here, who can merge your two nicks/scores together when he has the time.

Looking forward to seeing you all there

Credits ~ Signature: Alyce Natalie ~ Profile: Twilight ~ Avatar: SweetCupcake ~ Thank you!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Batleth's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Klingon Award 2012 PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 

Batleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy ListBatleth is on Tink's Buddy List
Most of you will need to update your java software. You can do that for free at http://www.java.com/en/

Then enter a nick in the field on the frontpage, if one isn't already provided that you wish to use. Click on the chat button. A new small window will pop up. Popup blocker might hinder this action.

A question box will appear saying java might be unsafe and asks if you want to block it, click "NO". The chat should then launch.

We use gamesurge.net as a host for our chats. They have 1000's of rooms and 10000's of users online. So some more common nicks may already be in use. When you enter chat, don't be surprised if your name is pixie and then followed by some random number.

To change your nick, there is a box in the lower right hand corner where you enter it and it'll change if that nick is free. It won't allow spaces and certain keyboard characters to be used in names such as ' but ` will work. You can also change your nick by typing /nick newname and changing the newname to the nickname you prefer.

You'll see a few tabs at the bottom, which are various chatrooms we've presetup for you to join. You start in #pixiehollowforums for general discussion with your pixie friends and mods. If you click the #pixietrivia button, you'll then be in the trivia channel with Karo (our trivia bot).

Type !trivia and trivia should start right away. The first person to type the correct answer, wins.

Remember to use the same nick every time, as that is how our bot keeps your score logged.

If you have any questions or problems, just ask a mod in channel for help. Typing "mod" or "admin" will often get our attention as we have those words setup to set off an alarm for us.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:09 AM
thanks, Stormy and Lilac!
View Sophie Silkpetal's Photo Album
Sophie Silkpetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Skillful Shopper's Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Amazed
Sophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
I have a question - how long will the trivia will be on? I would like to know when it ends, and when the people get scrolling names and awards.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:02 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
You took the words right out of my mouth, Sophie! I was wondering how long the trivia game will go on, before we can get the badge.
I love the new trivia game, although I am better in the Disney category than the fairy one.

~Twi
Old 11-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Batleth's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Silkpetal View Post
I have a question - how long will the trivia will be on? I would like to know when it ends, and when the people get scrolling names and awards.
It'll have a schedual similar to the arcade. Where every 3-4 months, we'll give out the awards and scrolly names to the top 10 in trivia then reset the scores. This session might be shorter as we were a little late in the year getting it opened.