PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Computer Technical Support

Computer Technical Support General & Fairies Related Software & Hardware support. Recommendations, Reviews and so forth.

Old Help! Google Chrome not working!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Help! Google Chrome not working!

I'm a Google Chrome user. It's fast and there aren't lots of add-ons, plus Pixie Hollow works great on it. But this morning, I hopped on my computer and pulled up Google Chrome, to go on Pixie Hollow and check out the new fashions (that unfortunately haven't arrived ). I opened up my usual tabs, but they wouldn't load! My computer is two months old exactly (I got it for my birthday), so it's not like my laptop is very old or anything like that. I've never had trouble with it before, other than the time it put itself in sleep mode and we couldn't wake it. . It said they were loading and at the bottom it said "Sending Request" but it never went through. Do I to practice some more Pixie patience, is something wrong with my Google Chrome, is anyone else having this problem, or is my computer at fault? Here's a screenshot of what it looks like. The gaps and holes are personal information, so I omitted them from the picture.

All the time while I was creating this, I had Google Chrome open, yet it still isn't loading. Please help!

EDIT: I just looked back at the Google Chrome window (I'm now back to using Internet Explorer-- not as bad as I thought!) and it said "This webpage is not available." I would've posted a picture of it, but I exited the window before I could .

~Hazel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GoogleChromenotworking.jpg (59.2 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Hazel Brightsparkle; 03-05-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Gone surfing bye :)
View Scarlet Diamondheart's Photo Album
Scarlet Diamondheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Graphic Trio Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Guess The Picture Winner's Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Sleepy
Scarlet Diamondheart is a wiz at Fairy TagScarlet Diamondheart is a wiz at Fairy TagScarlet Diamondheart is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Google chrome has been a pain lately ive had to take it off and on 10 times this week from thursday to today idk what the problem is with it but its a pain
Old 03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Miss you all <3
View Julie Sunripple's Photo Album
Julie Sunripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 65

My Mood: fairyish
Julie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I haven't had any problems with Chrome recently... I usually use an incognito window, I wonder if there is any difference besides increased privacy.

Off topic: We have the same Chrome background!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:08 AM
Busy as a bee♥
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 

Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Just to keep you all updated, I decided to give Google Chrome a shot again. It worked! I just gave it time and practiced some Pixie patience. I think it might have just been Google Chrome, not my computer, since everything else has/is running fine. Thanks for your help and advice everyone!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:13 PM
thanks, Stormy and Lilac!
View Sophie Silkpetal's Photo Album
Sophie Silkpetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Skillful Shopper's Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Amazed
Sophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Google Chrome has posed problems for PH, for me, too. Often enough that sometimes I use Mozilla Firefox. Personally, I can't stand IE, but I know that a lot of people use it.

Overall, I think Chrome is best for PH... just make sure all your add-ons are working and if any are glitchy, they could be making it worse. I have a ton of add-ons, and can't imagine removing any of them.

I hope your problem clears up! If not, try this:
Google Chrome: Settings: History: Clear Browsing History: ( then a little window will pop up, and you can check different boxes ) Clear the Cache, Delete Cookies and other site and plug in data, and Clear Saved Passwords. That should help.

- Sophie

Signature by Ruby {BookThing}. Thank you!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Busy as a bee♥
Awards Showcase

Thanks Sophie! I had actually surfed the web, looking for solutions to my problem. I found the exact same process you described. I tried it, but it didn't work, at least not right away. I gave it more time, now it's working again.

I agree, Chrome is the best for PH. I was trying to earn my Bubble Bounce High Score badge on IE, but it seemed to be moving choppily. A fish would be on the far left, then in the center of the screen. I tried it on Chrome, and now I am the proud owner of the Bubble Bounce High Score Badge! I'm not sure about any other games in PH, but I know using Chrome to get my Bubble Bounce High Score Badge really worked.