PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Shops, Tailors, Bakeries & Tinkering > Out to Lunch

Out to Lunch Archives for various Shops and Tailors threads.

Old An 'Enlightening' Live-chat with a Customer Service Pixie

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:42 PM
NOT a care bear....
View Lotuspuppy's Photo Album
Lotuspuppy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2015 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Spring 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Creative
Lotuspuppy is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Speed Chat An 'Enlightening' Live-chat with a Customer Service Pixie

Lately I have been
going straight to the source for answers and talking to Hollow 'phone fairies'
as well as having a discussion in Live chat this afternoon.

I will write about these in the Forums in an altered form so that names are changed to protect the Dusted, provided that this is not against the rules to post what information I could glean from the lovely fairies and sparrowmen who act as messengers to the Council. Please let me know if this is not something that is within Forum guidelines, as I have difficulty with this on occasion.

First, today's session with a nice Sparrow on Live Chat about two things that I hear from MANY fairies lately:

- Why are the tea lights we make so bland compared to store bought ones (crafting issue)

- Why are there no truly long hair styles for Sparrowmen? (customer feedback? fairy aesthetics?)

Thank you for your
patience. A Technical Support Representative will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with 'Mastiff'

Puppy: Hello?

Mastiff: Hello, Welcome to Pixies Live chat.

Puppy: Hi there.

Mastiff: How may I help you today?

Puppy: I have a specific question in regard to a crafting item as well as a more generalized question regarding Sparrowmen.

Mastiff: Which item were you referring to?

Puppy: Tea lights.

Puppy: I have some old ones I bought in the stores over a year ago.

Puppy: They are VERY bright and colorful.

Puppy: The tinkered ones, however, are certainly not...

Puppy: Even if I get a perfect score when I tinker one and use precisely the
same color as the store bought item.

Puppy: Why is this?

Mastiff: oh I see, that is very interesting.

Puppy: I have screen caps of the two side by side for comparison if you need to see them.

Mastiff: The Tea lights that you bought before, you are unable to tinker more of them?

Puppy: I can tinker them all day long but the light they give off is dim and
colorless in comparison to the store bought versions.

Mastiff: Ah I see.

Puppy: The difference is HUGE!!

Puppy: I (and other fairies I have consulted with) much prefer the bright,
colorful ones that the stores sold.

Mastiff: Well I think I know why they may not be the same.

Puppy: oh?

Mastiff: The bright ones where probably causing issues with other users
which would have made the Never council rethink how bright the tea lights
should be.

Mastiff: Therefore resulting in the current tea lights with lower luminescence.

Puppy: They really shouldn't cause any issue that I can conceive, as they are not any brighter than most of the other truly radiant in-game lighting plus they're just plain gorgeous when you have several of them in a row or used as back-lighting.

Puppy: The crafted ones are almost not worth creating...

Puppy: So are there any plans to perhaps make a brighter, more colorful tea
candle? At least for Iridessa's sake...?

Mastiff: I understand and I am happy to bring it up with the council.

Puppy: That would be lovely. Thank you.

Mastiff: Flitteriffic, now about your other issue.

Puppy: Put simply, why are there no 'longer' hair styles for Sparrowmen?

Mastiff: That's a very good question.

Puppy: There are certainly long haired ones in the movies. That is why I
asked. My Sparrow would LOVE a long 'Steven Segal' type pony tail.. A long braid would be nice too.

Puppy: The shoulder length hair is a bit, well, boring compared to the waist
length tresses that many of the fairies get.

Mastiff: Truthfully I am not sure why there aren't any better hair styles for
Sparrowmen.

Puppy: To whom do I need to address this?

Mastiff: This I will also include in my recommendations to the council.

Puppy: Thank you, kindly. That would really help. And might I commend you
and the Council on the fabulous job that you are doing! The Hollow is really
getting to be a huge MMO!

Mastiff: Thank you very much, we are happy that you are enjoying The
Hollow. Is there anything else I may be able to help you with?

Puppy: That's it. I appreciate you taking the time to address my questions. That's all I wanted to know about for the time being.

Puppy: Have a great weekend!

Mastiff: You too! Keep it Dusty!

Puppy: Bye, now. Take care.

(This is where I logged off and saved the transcript).

Comments? Observations? Critiques?

Hope this has at least been interesting. I am sure this guy probably thinks I am a raving loon! He seemed a bit bored, I think. Was probably hoping I would ask a tech question. Oh well. At least maybe the Council will get the idea that we'd love some 'Legolas' and 'Highlander' looks for our Sparrows rather than just boy band coiffures..

Also, I am uploading the screen cap of the tea lights, in case anyone was not already aware of the vast difference...

Lotuspuppy
Old 05-13-2011, 09:46 PM
crabby old lady fairy!
View Grace Moonglow's Photo Album
Grace Moonglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 77

My Mood: Dancing
Grace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Great info Puppy!
I am ALWAYS interested in what the tech's have to have about out questions.

Thank you for sharing your conversation!
xoxx Grace
Old 05-13-2011, 09:59 PM
NOT a care bear....
Lotuspuppy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2015 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Spring 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

My pleasure. I have a phone conversation as well that I will post as soon as I get it typed up. Hopefully by Tuesday, as this weekend and Monday are a little busy for me.

Thanks for input!

Lotuspuppy
Old 05-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Thumbs up To Puppy

I sure hope when he tells the Never Council they will DO Something about the Issue..there all nice on line, thats what they get paid for! Now the Question is "Will they do something aboutit?" :
Edit: the on on the left from Secert Codes, on right I made today. Don't forget these either ha ha ha picture waiting approval
Edit Two: Lotuspuppy, there are always pictures to get your point across, so THEY can see! ~wink

Last edited by Olivia Diamondsky; 11-13-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:46 PM
NOT a care bear....
Lotuspuppy's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I agree, Olivia! I'd say we could have a candle light protest but I don't think anyone would see it....

Brighter thoughts for brighter candles!!

Lotuspuppy
Old 05-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Is a Pixie
View evangelin's Photo Album
evangelin's Fairy
My Mood: Artistic
evangelin has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
The 'Phone Fairies' are so helpful and kind!! I've had a problem before that they were very nice about helping

I agree Sparrow Men can use some better 'dos, but since we can't see the back of the Sparrow Men, it might be hard to see ponytails unless they are very long or brushed forwards
Old 05-14-2011, 03:45 AM
NOT a care bear....
Lotuspuppy's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Well, in reality, yes, but then again, you can always see the long, flowing tresses of the fairies. They rarely ever just hang there unless it is over a shoulder or from the crown of the head. It would be pretty easy to design some sparrow hair that is fairly long... think Sephiroth, here. Or Jacob from Twilight BEFORE the buzz cut......

Puppy
Old 05-16-2011, 10:46 AM
NOT a care bear....
Lotuspuppy's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Tea Darks

Here is a side by side comparison of the tea lights that you buy in the store vs. the ones you tinker. I mentioned this in a previous post and thought some of you might like to see. They are both Apple Green and of course I scored 100% on the crafting. It's kind of hard not to with tea lights..

Lotuspuppy

Old 05-16-2011, 12:42 PM
music is what i breathe
View vilmadebora's Photo Album
vilmadebora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter Solstice Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award Design a Potion Participation's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Musical
vilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
the store bought one seems to glow the color that its painted & the other just glows white.. i like store bought one.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
I wonder why it's Different? Even the color is Different? Hmm Olivia
Old 05-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Thinking about things
View Breezy lemonwind's Photo Album
Breezy lemonwind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner - Retired Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Flutterish
Breezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
I see what you mean. The store bought ones are alot brighter. I wonder if it is like that with everything that we Tinker. I never really payed attention before, but now I can see it with the Tea Lights.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Summer's end, fall begin
View Julie Roseblossom's Photo Album
Julie Roseblossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 54

My Mood: Artistic
Julie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotuspuppy View Post

Hope this has at least been interesting. I am sure this guy probably thinks I am a raving loon! He seemed a bit bored, I think. Was probably hoping I would ask a tech question. Oh well. At least maybe the Council will get the idea that we'd love some 'Legolas' and 'Highlander' looks for our Sparrows rather than just boy band coiffures..

Lotuspuppy
Maybe some... I don't know... Star Wars looks too?

And I never really noticed the color difference with the tea lights.... but now that you mention it, there is quite a difference. Must be the store fairies pixie dust theirs to hide the poor quality (ever notice the quality on store items can be... less than perfect? Just saying.)
Old 05-16-2011, 11:01 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I never noticed the difference in the Tea Lights before, but now that you put
them side to side the store bought one looks so much brighter.

~Twi
Old 05-17-2011, 10:07 AM
♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥
View Juniper's Photo Album
Juniper's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'11 Award Autumn 2011 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Reading
Juniper is a wiz at Fairy TagJuniper is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
Perhaps the store bought tea lights use incandescent bulbs (hence the brighter light and yellowish glow) and the tinkered tea lights use LED bulbs (which accounts for the dimness and slightly bluish light.)

I do wish they would fix this though. I like the tea lights a lot but whenever I tinker one I'm always disappointed over how dim and washed out they are.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Coffee Monster
View Frozenthorn's Photo Album
Frozenthorn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award A Fairy Haiku Award Spring 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 85

My Mood: Tired
Frozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Water Talent Water Talent
It would be even better if those tea lights actually flickered like a real tea
light. I would love some animated home furnishings like a fish tank or a
fountain or an interactive zen rock/sand garden.

We can only hope.