PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Tales

Pixie Tales Pixie dust your stories and poems here

Old The Tale of Princess Ivy and Lady Fern

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:00 AM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Chapter Seven

“Ready, Princess Sofia?” Schmendrick had his hands out.

“Ready, Mr. Schmendrick!” Sofia poised her wand.

"Now!” shouted the royal wizard.

Lady Fern and her parents patiently watched, while Anna gazed with bright eyes.

Magic started to form a sphere between Schmendrick's outstretched hands, but then...it sizzled out.

“Drat! It's not enough,” the wizard said. “Once more!”

“Right!” Sofia poured more magic into her wand – or at least she concentrated harder.

“Maybe I can help,” said Lady Fern, though she wasn't sure how her nature-related powers would help in the situation.

Magic was magic, no matter its source; right?

“It's still not enough,” grunted Schmendrick.

“We have to keep trying,” Sofia said, “we can do this!”

Schmendrick nodded.

Anna touched the snowflake pendant around her neck and thought of her dear sister. Elsa had crafted the necklace for her, so perhaps it had a little magic in it. She whispered a soft “Sorry...” and threw the pendant into the magic sphere forming. There was a flash of brilliant light sprinkled with an icy chill and all six found themselves on a golden beach with a dismal gray sea crashing along the shore. In the distance, across the sea, was the castle of Azurevale. Or, Ashenvale.

“We did it!” Sofia cheered.

“Is that...? Oh, wow – Elsa! Elsa! Over here!” Anna hopped around, waving.

On the opposite shore, standing by Queen Ivy, Elsa turned around.

“Anna...?” Elsa squinted at the figure wearing a familiar-looking dress, she could just make out her name being called. “It must be her. Anna!” She rushed out and caused an ice bridge to form before Ivy could stop her.

The bridge crackled to life across the salty water to meet with the island.

“Your sister, Queen Elsa?” Sofia guessed.

Anna nodded.

Only Fern's parents were wary to step foot on the sculpted ice bridge; with Anna never hesitating and Sofia taking her time to marvel at the magical expanse.

“Come on,” Fern encouraged her parents. “It's not that slippery.” Although she didn't prove that very well when she slipped, fell, and careened into Sofia; who crashed into Schmendrick.

Anna, who jumped away in time, laughed at the pile of new friends; with the wizard's long spider-like legs sticking out every which way.

Elsa met them halfway, the two sisters hugging, and they all reached the end of the bridge together.

Ivy gritted her teeth at seeing her family – especially Fern.

“Princess!” whinnied Sofia's flying horse, he was tethered nearby.

“Minimus, I'm glad to see that you're okay.”

“You have a PEGASUS?” Anna bent down to Sofia's height, her eyes wide in wonder.

“Hm? A what? Peg-a-sis?” Sofia tilted her head.

“Pegasus, a horse with wings,” Anna said. “That's what they're called where I and Elsa come from.”

“I thought they were a myth.” Elsa saw Minimus for the first time.

Anna and Elsa suddenly began to glow and sparkles surrounded them.

“Oh, I think we're going home,” Elsa said.

“Sofia!” Anna grasped Elsa's left hand.

“Ivy!” Elsa took Anna's other hand.

“Remember what we said...” the two spoke as one, before vanishing in front of a baffled royal wizard who muttered, “Where'd they go...?”

Sofia nodded, but Ivy ran.

“I am not going back!” the Black and White Queen said.

“Wait! Please, Ivy!” Fern cried out.

Sofia was quick on her feet and dashed after Ivy, Fern behind her at some distance.

Ivy, too much in a tizzy to use her butterflies to escape, searched for a place to hide until she could collect herself. But where could she go?

A rogue breeze in the corridor upset a tapestry and revealed a hidden door. Ivy had never known about its location, which meant whatever was inside had most likely been untouched by her monochrome powers. It didn't matter. She flung the door open and stepped inside.

Or was it outside?

She had planned to slam the door shut, but what she saw stunned her...

End of Chapter Seven.

~To Be Continued~
Old 04-09-2016, 03:17 AM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Chapter Eight

Sofia rounded a corner to see that Ivy was no where to be seen, but waving in a breeze was a tapestry in front of an open door. The little princess had a peek. “Ivy...” she went in.

Or was it out?

“This must be the garden Fern told me about...” Sofia said, gazing at all the black and white flowers and plants. A few weren't exactly black, many were dark shades of green or deep purples and reds. Most of the leaves were greens or oranges, but many were pale gray or white.

Ivy swung around. “Fern?”

“Yes. She told me about the black and white garden she grew naturally – for YOU, Ivy.”

“ME? Why would she do that?”

“Because she's your SISTER, Ivy, and she loves you. She made it to understand you.”

“Tch! Understand me? As if she truly could...”

“No...But I wanted to at least TRY,” came Lady Fern's voice. She appeared in the doorway.

Everything about the garden was as much naturally monochrome as possible: gray stone walls; black and white pathways of cobblestone; gray and white marble statuary; the ceiling was an opaque white glass, so it was a kind of greenhouse. The trees had white bark and gray-green leaves. There were white roses, daisies, snowdrops, Queen Anne's lace, tulips; black dahlias, calla lilies, hollyhocks, petunias, and bat orchids; gray irises, agapanthus, phlox, and more dahlias.

“I wanted to grow a garden just for you, Ivy,” Fern said. “I scoured all the ancient records to find every imaginable fauna that could grow here. Now that the natural color was back I could tell what was born to be white or black or gray and uproot the rest. There weren't too many that were black or gray, but many were a very dark red close to black or a pale purple near to silver. See? I...I know they aren't exactly to your liking, but...I had hoped you would like them nonetheless.”

“Ivy?” Sofia softly spoke.

Neither could tell what Ivy was thinking.

~Sofia~
You both grew up in a kingdom black and white:
Gray skies, white hills, and the blackest night.

~Fern~
But I longed for the colors of dreams
Where rainbows dance among bright moonbeams.
By some magical miracle I was given the key
To paint my monotone world splashes of colors for all eyes to see!

~Ivy~
But the black and white never bothered me...

~Sofia~
Your sister never knew.

~Fern~
I never fathomed the notion.
I merely wanted to put my dreams in motion.
Nothing can be black or white
With so many colors in this life.
I wanted to show you all the shades we could be.

~Ivy~
I didn't ask for that, can't you see?

~Fern~
Too late I did learn
And back the old days I did yearn,
When we were dear sisters
Sharing secrets and silly whispers.

~Sofia~
You both grew up in a kingdom black and white:
Gray skies, white hills, and the blackest night.

~Fern~
But I longed for the colors of dreams
Where rainbows dance among bright moonbeams.
By some magical miracle I was given the key
To paint my monotone world splashes of colors for all eyes to see!

~Ivy~
But the blinding colors brought me to my knee.

~Sofia~
Your sister never realized.

~Fern~
I never fathomed the notion.
I merely wanted to put my dreams in motion.
Nothing can be black or white *
With so many colors in this life.
I wanted to show you all the shades we could be.

~Ivy~
I tried to take them as they were,
But it just became hopeless to see clear.

~Sofia~
So you grew angry and fought back,
When all that was needed was empathy and tact.

(Sofia joined the two sisters hand-in-hand)

~Fern & Ivy~
I forgive you now
(I comprehend your actions)
We can be sisters again
(Let there be no factions)
I will listen to you
(And believe in your ideals)
Because nothing is worth losing family
(A dear sister)
To selfish ideas.

Fern and Ivy gave each other hugs, with the delighted Sofia watching on.

The sweet moment was ruined, though, with the arrival of Fern & Ivy's parents and Schmendrick.

“Lady Fern! Step away from the offender!” the royal wizard began to conjure up a spell.

“No!” Sofia ran in front of him. “It's all right, they've come to an understanding. Right?”

“It is true?” their mother asked.

“Yes,” Fern said, though Ivy looked a bit ashamed of herself. “All has been forgiven – on BOTH sides – and...I have a proposal.” Fern pulled Ivy close to her. “I would like for my sister and I to rule as one.”

Some gasped; some cried out.

“W-what do you mean, Fern?” Ivy said.

“Simple. You, Ivy, will rule in your Black and White throne; while I will rule in my Rainbow throne. There are many stories in history where sisters or brothers rule their land together. Two heads are better than one, as the saying goes.”

“I think Princess Anna and Queen Elsa would be proud of you two,” Sofia said.

Sofia stood in the Azurevale throne room, Lady Fern in a brown chair with a royal purple cushion and colorful flower motifs; a fairy sleeping on a plush pillow in her lap. Next to her was Queen Ivy in a black chair with a white cushion and monotone butterfly motifs.

Fern's side of the room was awash with different colors; while Ivy's was muted, decorated with black and gray dragonflies.

“Have a happy ever after, you two,” Sofia said.

“Thank you, Princess Sofia,” spoke Lady Fern.

“Thank you very much,” added Ivy.

“A series of unfortunate to fortunate events took place that all revolved around you, Sofia, and ending here. I don't think we would have reconciled if it weren't for you and your Amulet of Avalor.” Fern bowed her head.

“Take flight and take care.” Ivy clipped a butterfly barrette in Sofia's hair.

Minimus poked his head in the door at the word 'flight'.

Sofia said her goodbyes and mounted her flying horse.

“Do you think everything will stay right?” Minimus asked Sofia, he wasn't sure he wanted to trust Ivy so soon.

“I think so. Ivy has a ways to go, but she's trying her best; and so is Fern. There may be a few spats, but I believe it will all come together in harmony.

“After all, nature isn't just colors; it's also black and white and gray and all those in between...”

~The End~

Did I solve everything? I was in a bit of a hurry to finish the story since I started it in February and figured it would be done in that month too.

Gasp! I wrote another song! The song Ivy sings in the second chapter has a happy, upbeat tune; while Fern's/Sofia's/Ivy's song is more slower. Or so it seems in my head. I wish the lyrics could be better, so sorry if they sound awkward.

* These lyrics “Nothing can be black or white, With so many colors in this life” actually come from a song featured in 'Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure' called Magic Mirror; so I do not claim it as my own, I used it because I thought it sounded really good for my story.