PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Virtual Items

Virtual Items Talk about the things you get in the game.

Old What is this item?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:55 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
PH Outfits on the Mainland?

Hi everyone! I've been browsing the Wiki a lot lately (lots of PDFs that need sorting!) and noticed that my jaw dropped when I saw some of the beautiful outfits that fairies have created. Some of them even made me wish I had one like it Irl!
It got me thinking that it would be pretty fun to pick out some favorite items from Pixie Hollow for ourselves. If you could bring some wardrobe items from in-game to the Mainland, which ones would you pick? Maybe there are some particular wardrobe items that would fit your own style perfectly!
To be honest I never really thought of dressing Alexia in the same Mainland style as mine since she's a pixie, and I couldn't even imagine her willingly wear some of the clothes that were sold in the Pixie Post Office. However, that doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't wear them, haha.

Anyway, I'll share my ideas and hopefully you can spend some time thinking about this too. I do have to admit that I may have had too much fun with this, so be prepared for a long list.
In regards to my fashion choices, I have a lot of mid-length skirts, boots and casual tops & sweaters so that's the sort of style I usually go for. In terms of colors, I'd probably dye most of the following items in neutral colors or something subtle. I added some thoughts on the colors in brackets for some of the items.

I hope you'll like the idea!

Skirts
Sassy Chic Skirt, Bewitching Skirt (in any color, really!), Sweet Stripey Skirt (probably in a lighter blue), Dreamy Meadow Skirt:

Shoes
I love shoe shopping but try to avoid high heels as it makes me tower over people, lol. The pairs of shoes that caught my eye were the Spider Web Heels (hmm, how about in cream with golden straps?) and Sycamore Leaf Shoes:

Tops
Dianthus Blouse (perhaps in a dark red?), Sweetheart Top, Breezy Ruffled Top (a warm brown), Sorceress Dress Top (probably in black, and without all the feathers around the shoulders):

Outfits in general
I thought the Sweater Dress outfit looked really comfy and cute! It looks even better close-up so you have to see it on a PDF to fully appreciate the design:

I also quite liked the Desert Rose Collection in Dusty Pink and the Ruffled Petal Dress, although I would probably dye the pieces in black and white/cream.

Queen's Boutique:
I found a lot of the gowns to be a bit too much for me, but if I could choose one, it would have to be the Plush Plumes Gown - it's sophisticated, elegant and has a timeless design.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 09-23-2015, 10:43 PM
Is a Pixie
View Tanglethorn's Photo Album
Tanglethorn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer Solstice Award 2017 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 End of the Rainbow Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Autumn 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 50

Tanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A list
Tinker Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Well I've always wanted to be able to wear an outfit from nature (made from petals or leaves and etc) like a fairy.

I don't know though, as I look through the wiki I notice there are a lot of outfits that would fit in on the mainland but I don't remember wanting an outfit or item from the game for real life-- I guess I like it better to imagine myself as a fairy wearing it in pixie hollow rather than try to imagine it IRL.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:30 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
I completely understand the feeling, Tanglethorn. Most of the outfits in Pixie Hollow are very dainty and nature-inspired so it can be difficult to imagine them on the Mainland. I was never particularly excited about dressing my fairy up in Mainland-like outfits, but simply had a sudden thought of turning my point of view the other way around and see what would happen. ^^

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 09-25-2015, 09:24 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
This is such a flitterific idea, Alexia! I really like all of your fashion choices; they seem like something I just might pick for myself on the Mainland. Especially the tops, they're all so pretty.
Also, the Spider Web heels in particular caught my eye because while I love shoe shopping too, I never paid much attention to shoes in the Hollow - they were just so small on your fairy, you couldn't even tell what they looked like half the time! But up close, those heels are actually quite pretty.

I love fashion, and mixing and matching clothes used to be one of my favorite things to do in Pixie Hollow. I agree with you, Tanglethorn - I would love to wear an all-natural dress just like Misty, but most of the PH clothes simply aren't what I would imagine on myself.

As an example, after going through my PDFs - in my PHF album and saved on my computer - I found a grand total of one outfit of Misty's that I could see myself wearing on the Mainland.
Spoiler for I'd probably wear this...:
Click the image to view the full version

What can I say? All my fairies' clothes are either too dainty and fairy-like, or too extravagant. I had way too much fun making some of them.

Anyway, I also went to the Wiki and found some items that looked like what I usually wear/would be willing to wear on the Mainland.

Tops

Moth Orchid Top (maybe in a pale lilac or rosy pink), Fluffy Puffer Top, Siren Style Top (probably as part of a dress), Like, Totally! Top (in black and white), Summer Breeze Top, Trendy Tied Shirt (in blue and white), Tie-Dye Tank

Bottoms

Knitted Gala Skirt, Darling Dance Drape (in black and white), Casual Crops, Tri-Color Skirt (I prefer the blue version), Otter Spirit Skort, Grecian Skirt

Outfits

Festive Floral Dress --> This seems like something I'd wear as a light summer dress
Sleek and Stylish Dress --> A more formal occasion

Queen's Boutique

I agree, most of these are too extravagant to wear in real life. I love the Plush Plumes gown too, it's so elegant! I also might choose the Summer Couture Gown, because I like the way the colors swirl into one another... And it's not too over-the-top.
Other than that, I think that the Morning Glory Gown is casual enough to get away with on the Mainland, though it's not one of my favorites.

There are a lot more clothing items that I like, as well as shoes & accessories, but I think this post is more than long enough - I do have an unfortunate tendency to ramble.

Sig made by the amazing Ruby (Book Thing)!

Last edited by Night Wish; 09-25-2015 at 09:41 PM.