PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Neverland Narrative

Neverland Narrative Join in and never grow up. RPG Forum

Old Lord of the Rings: A New Era

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Should I change my last post? I feel like it's a bit rushed. Like, Dardon and Rhoewia should meet the two Elves and Elboron the next day, since the Elves have to travel from Rivendell to Gondor. What do you think?
Old 12-05-2014, 09:58 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
View Liri Dazzlebeam's Photo Album
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 16

My Mood: Adventurous
Liri Dazzlebeam is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Oh my gosh. I just saw your last post today. I'm so sorry! Just had the craziest couple of weeks ever. Things should be slowing down now, so hopefully I can post soon. Maybe tonight!

Hmm. Yeah, maybe it should be the next day.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:27 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 

Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Cool! Glad everything's simmering down. Okay, I fixed my last chapter. I hope it doesn't seem rushed. I can change it still.

P.s. There is nothing like writing chapters for a LotR story while listening to the LotR soundtrack. So awesome.

Last edited by Night Wish; 12-06-2014 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Merged double posts
Old 12-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 

Light Talent
I love the soundtrack! And I listen to music while I do everything! Haha

The next day, I wake up before the sun even rises. Knowing that Dardon should be up as well, I quickly get ready and make us breakfast. Just as I finish setting the table, I run to the door and open it to find my friend standing there with her hand raised, about to knock.

"Hello, Dardon!" I say cheerily.
"Hello to you as well. I suppose you knew I was coming?" She replies with a smirk.
"Of course! Now come in. I've already prepared some breakfast." I say to her.

I close the door and lead Dardon to a small table. We were about to sit down and eat, when there is a knock at her door. We both look at each other before going to open the door. When we see who stands outside our dwelling, we gasp.

"Prince Elboron! What brings you here?" Dardon asks, astounded by his appearance.
"I have news that needs to be handled with the greatest of secrecy." He tells us.
"What's the matter?" I ask.
"May we come in?"
"Of course, but, wait. We?"
"Yes. We." Elboron says as he gestures to two male Elven guards standing behind him.
Dardon gasps, "You-you’re... Elves!" She says, unnecessarily
"Yes we are." One of the Elves says calmly as he, along with his friend and Elboron, walk into my house.

Dardon and I give the three visitors some mead to renew their strength, (the mead was given to my parents during the Third Age by an Elven friend of theirs) and some meat, before sitting down in front of them.

"So, what is this news you bring us?" Dardon asks.
Elboron takes a short drink of the mead before answering, "Before I say anything, I must know, have you heard any rumors lately? Maybe, rumors dealing with the possibility of there being Sauron worshippers?"

Dardon and I take a moment to think.

"Hmm, come to think of it, I think I have heard of those rumors." I reply.
"I think I have too, although I didn't pay much attention to them. I was always too busy practicing to be a Rider of Rohan." Dardon agrees.

I see the two Elves smirking at each other, and Dardon begins to glare at them. I put a calming hand on her shoulder and nod for her to calm down. Elboron speaks up again.

"Have you heard anything else?" He asks.
"No sir. We have not." I answer.
"I see. Well then, you probably don't know that the Elven kings of Rivendell, Elladan and Elrohir, have decided to organize another meeting of the lands to discuss this possible threat." Elboron tells us.

I glance at Dardon, who meets my eyes. We turn our attention back to Elboron.

"Since King Eldarion has been poisoned with anger and hatred, and I have to tend to his needs, I have, personally, chosen you two to head to Rivendell and attend this meeting. Are two up to the task?"

My jaw hangs and my eyes are wide as I stare at the three men in front of us. I assume Dardon has the same facial expression.

"Of course!!!" We say together, shocking our visitors slightly.
I clear my throat, "I mean, we accept this task you have given to us, Prince Elboron" I say bowing.
Dardon bows as well, "Yes. Thank you, sire."
"Good, good. You leave first thing in the morning." Elboron says as he, and the two Elves, stand up, "Thank you for your time, but we must leave. I need to return to Eldarion and these two need to return to Rivendell to tell the kings of this news. Have a pleasant day." The three men then leave, as I hold the door open for them.
"Thank you for coming." I say, still stunned. I close the door and turn to my friend.

"Can you believe this?!" I exclaim.
"Hardly! I mean, it's not every day a prince and two Elves walk into your house and say "we want you to go on a mission"!" She replies excitedly.
"Well, it's not exactly a mission. We're just going to a meeting, but it's still wonderful!" I reply as we both hug. "We better pack up. It's a long trip to Rivendell."
"Sounds like a plan." She says in agreement.

Why did they chose us? I wonder to myself, but then shake my head and begin to pack.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:40 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Yay!!! I'm glad you posted! Awesome chapter!!!

The next morning, I am grooming my horse when I see two hooded men talking to a woman. I can't help but stare at them. There's something about the two mysterious men I find intriguing. The woman they are speaking to suddenly points at me. I let out a small gasp. The hooded men then start to walk towards me. I quickly avert my gaze and go back to grooming my stallion. There is a short while of silence. I start to think the hooded men are gone, when...

"Excuse me, sir."

I jump at the sounds of the voice.

"Oh!" I turn around and sigh, as I see it's just the mysterious men "Oh, hello there. Um, do you..."
"You are Yreomyr, I presume?"
"Yes, I am. Why do you..."
"May we speak with you in private. We have an urgent matter we need to discuss with you, immediately." The second man says
"Uh, well, I guess that's alright. Um, follow me, I guess." I say, as I lead the two strangers into my house.

Oh, I certainly hope they are not going to attack me.

Once inside, the two men reveal their faces, and they turn out to be...

"Elves!" I say, eyes widening

Elves haven't been in these parts for years!

"We come from Rivendell to bring you a message from the Elven kings, Elladan and Elrohir." The first Elf, one whose hair is as bright as the sun, says
Judging by the solemn looks on their faces, I can tell this message is quite important, so I push away my shyness and speak up "What is the matter?"
"Have you heard about the rumors concerning the possibility of there being Sauron worshippers?" The blonde Elf asks
"Yes, I have. According to hearsay, Sauron's spirit never died, and there are those that believe Sauron wants them to, well, cast themselves into Mount Doom or create an army or..." I sigh "I really don't know what Sauron wants them to do. Different people tell you different theories. Of course, I don't even know if any of this is true, but-"
"We have been searching for these followers of the Evil One, and we, regret to say, that there has been sign of the worshippers. King Elladan and Elrohir of Rivendale have organized a meeting of lands. We have been tasked to find someone from Gondor to come to Rivendell to represent this land, and, we think, you are just the man to go."
I gasp "Me?! You want me to go?"
"Yes. Is there a problem?" The same Elf asks
I sigh "No. No there's not. I will go to Rivendell. I accept this task you have bestowed upon me."
"Good. You must leave as soon as you can. The ride to Rivendell is quite long."
"I understand." I say, nodding
"I wish you luck on your journey."

The two Elves then put their hoods back atop their heads, and walk out of the door.

I can't believe this. Another meeting of the lands?! I do hope this is not the Third Age all over again.

I then proceed to packing for the long journey ahead of me. The Elves did say I need to leave as soon as I can.

Author's Note: Yay! I got another chapter posted! I was going to do one for Mioniel, but we still haven't decided if the Elves should've all returned to Middle Earth, so I didn't know if I should include Legolas or not. Anyway, I still hope you all enjoyed this.

By the way, I just wanted to tell you that in this RP, we won't be meeting Pippin and Merry, for they died shortly before King Aragorn did. Although, we might be able to meet Pippin's son, Faramir (named after Faramir. ), if he's alive.

Last edited by Night Wish; 12-29-2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Merged double posts
Old 12-28-2014, 04:28 AM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Aww. Merry and Pippin are among my favorite characters.
Sorry I haven't posted in so long!

Late the next day, four of the messengers returned to Rivendell bearing news. Representatives from the human cities of Rohan and Gondor would be coming to our meeting.
"If it is as we fear, they may become our allies in a new Fellowship," I said dryly.
"It's a possibility," Alatariel agreed grimly.
"What kind of news do you think the humans will bring?" I asked thoughtfully.
"None of us know. It has been years since any elves visited those parts of Middle Earth," Alatariel replied thoughtfully. "It's safe to say that the one good thing that came out of the Third Age was that it brought all the races together."
"Yeah." I sighed. "It's likely that they will only know rumors and speculations, just like us. It might not be a Fellowship that comes out of this, so much as a search party." Part of me wanted there to be a new quest. I longed for the excitement, the thrill and the adventure. But another part of me dreaded this like nothing before.
The humans have never experienced firsthand the horrors of the last war. But we elves have. Everyone, from every race in Middle Earth, has grieved for or knew of someone who was lost to that struggle. We cannot allow something like that to ever happen again.
Then again, that was another reason why I felt so eager to take action. The sooner we can eliminate this threat, the better the chances of avoiding another war.

A few days later, I found myself walking on a path up the cliffs that towered over Rivendell. I stopped at a particular spot of mine, near the top of a waterfall.
The representatives from the other races would be here soon. And then it would all begin.
I stared down at my home far below. It looked even more beautiful than usual from this vantage point. Relaxing, I settled back against the cliff wall. This was where I always went when I needed a moment to think.
Alatariel and I were going to attend the meeting, much to my excitement. It'd been years since I'd last seen a human or a dwarf. Not to mention, I would know immediately any decisions that came out of this gathering.
From my vantage point, I saw figures on horseback riding into Rivendell. I straighten up, then began to make my way back down the cliff.
It was beginning.

(Hope it's alright that I went to the day of the gathering. If not I'll backtrack.
I think I'll make another character soon. Maybe a wizard...
Also, I think we should have some characters in the quest that everyone controls. For example, nobody has a dwarf character, and it seems kind of rude to leave their race out. )

Thank you Stormy and Alyce!
Old 12-28-2014, 08:10 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Great chapter, Glory! I know! I was (and still am) sad when I read about that. I love Pippin and Merry as well. A wizard OC sounds cool! And we definitely should make a Dwarf, or maybe even Hobbit, character we all control. By the way, I think that Legolas shouldn't be living in Mirkwood. I think he should still be in the Undying Lands and/or exploring with Gimli, so I didn't include him in this post.

I rush back to King Thranduil's palace. Once I arrive in his chambers, I see him speaking with two Elves.

Hmm. They do not appear to be Silvan Elves, yet they speak Sindarin. Perhaps they are from Rivendell. But, what would bring them here?

"Mani naa autien no'?"* I hear someone say behind me (*What is going on?)

I turn around to see my good friend Beren Anwamanë.

"Amin naa il tanca."* I reply (*I am not sure.)

The two Elves leave shortly. Beren and I come out of the shadows to speak to Thranduil.

"A! 'Quel re, Mioniel. Beren."* King Thranduil says when he sees me (*Ah! Good day, Mioniel. Beren.)
"Aran Thranduilion, ya nae ron?"* I ask (*King Thranduil, who were they?)
"Elves tuulo' Imladris."* He answers (*Elves from Rivendell)
"Mani ume ron merna?"* (*What did they want?)
"Apparently," Thranduil says, breaking out of our native language "The two kings of Rivendell are hosting another meeting of lands and they would like an Elf from Greenwood to go this meeting to represent us Wood Elves."
"A meeting of the lands? There hasn't been one of those in years." I say
"I wonder why they are now organizing one?" Beren says
"It is probably because of the rumors. I'm sure you've heard of them." Thranduil says
"Of course, my liege." I say
"I would be surprised if you hadn't." He says
"My king," I speak up "If it is alright with you, I will go to Rivendell and attend this meeting."
"You? My child, you have never been on such a trip. I would hate it if something were to happen to you." Thranduil says, getting up out of his throne

King Thranduil does not usually show concern for some, but there are Elves that he does favor, though he might not show it, unless no one is around. This is one of those cases.

"My dear king," I say, bowing to him "I promise you nothing will happen to me. Please let me go. I am sure there is nothing to worry about and I will come back here with only reassuring news."
"King Thranduil, if it will make you feel better, I will do to Rivendell with Mioniel." Beren suggests

Thranduil pauses for a moment, thinking through what we just said. He then gives us his answer.

"Very well. But you two should leave as soon as you can. We live closer to Rivendell than Gondor or Rohan does, but it is still a long trip." He says
"Thank you, King Thranduil. We will start packing at once." Beren bows, and I do the same

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That evening, King Thranduil and most of the Elves that live in Greenwood all meet at the edge of the forest. Once Beren and I arrive, they all start singing an old Elven farewell song, that brought my eyes to tears.

Farewell we call to hearth and hall!
Though wind may blow and rain may fall,
We must away ere break of day
Far over wood and mountain tall.

To Rivendell, where Elves yet dwell
In glades beneath the misty fell,
Through moor and waste we ride in haste,
And whither then we cannot tell.

With foes ahead, behind us dread,
Beneath the sky shall be our bed,
Until at last our toil be passed,
Our journey done, our errand sped.

We must away! We must away!
We ride before the break of day!

At the songs end, Thranduil walks up to us.

"Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle. Tenna' ento lye omenta, voronwerea."* He says as he places a necklace upon mine and Beren's neck "Namaarie, Mioniel Shipwright ar' Beren Anwamanë."* (*May thy paths be green and the breeze on thy back. Until next we meet, loyal one. Farewell, Mioniel Shipwright and Beren Anwamanë)

I look upon the beautiful necklace, embedded with one sapphire, ruby, and emerald and in the middle sat a diamond. I smile at the beauty of this piece, as I then look back at the Elven-king standing before me.

"Amin harmuva onalle e' cormamin. Vanya sulie, Aran Thranduilion."* I say to him, as Beren and I bow
(*I shall treasure your gift in my heart. Fair winds, King Thranduil.")

I then climb upon my horse, as Beren does the same. With one last look the Wood Elves of Greenwood and Greenwood herself, we ride off towards Rivendell.

The day of my last post for Dardon

Rhoewia and I leave for Rivendell immediately after we pack and have breakfast. We both thought it would be better if we left early. Thus, began our journey to an age-old Elven land.

A few days later, Rhoewia and I finally ride into Rivendell.

"Oh my stars! This place is beautiful!" Rhoewia exclaims
"Very." I agree "I wonder where the Elves are?"
"Probably waiting for us at the House of Elrond." Rhoewia suggests
"All of the Elves?"
"Well, Kings Elladan and Elrohir should be there, at the very least."

Suddenly, we hear the sound of approaching hoof-beats coming from behind. We both look to see who it is.

Is that... a man? My eyes widen Another human? I thought we were the only ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day of my last post for Yreomyr

I leave posthaste for Rivendell right after I packed up my things. After my stallion and I road for a little while, we came upon a cliff that overlooked Gondor. I sigh

"If only..." I trail off

After a rather smooth trip, I finally end up in Rivendell.

My goodness! This place really is as beautiful as they say!

As I'm riding, I hear the sound of talking.

Hmm, it appears I'm not alone at the moment.

I continue to ride, and I soon see two women on horseback suddenly look back at me. Feeling slightly awkward under their gaze, I wave and ride up to them.

"Hello ladies." I say "Fine day isn't it."
"Yes. Yes, it is." A blonde woman in red says
"Who are you?" Another blonde woman, wearing green and purple, asks me, almost with a defensive tone
"My name is Yreomyr. I am from Gondor." I answer
"My name is Rhoewia." The lady in red says "This is my friend, Dardon. We are both from Rohan."
"Rohan? Land of the horse lords, am I correct?" I ask
"Correct you are." Rhoewia says
"Shh! Do you hear that?" Dardon says, her voice lowered
"I do not hear anything." I say
"That's because you are talking. Be quiet."

We all become silent. I then hear something. It sounds like...

Singing? No, humming.

The humming gets louder, yet still soft, as we ride on. Then, up ahead of us, we see two people, a woman and a man, on horseback.

I wonder where she is from?

Beren and I soon arrive in Rivendell, a few days after my departure from Greenwood.

It will be nice meeting more of my kind, whether or not we are the same type of Elf.

It is quite quiet in the land around me, so I begin to hum the song the Elves of Eryn Lasgalen sang before Beren and I left. The song reminds me of home, yet I do not become homesick. Beren soon joins in. I begin to hear talking while we hum, but I pay no attention to it. At least, until someone rides up to us.

"Excuse me, my good lady and sir?" A male brunette says
"Yes?" I reply
"Um, I was just wondering if you are going to the meeting that Elven Kings Elladan and Elrohir organized?"
"Why yes we are. I assume that you are, too?" I ask him
"Yes. As well as the two women behind you." He says

Beren and I look behind ourselves and there are, indeed, two women.

"What are your names?" I ask, mainly the boy
"My name is Yreomyr. I am from Gondor. Those two women are named Rhoewia and Dardon." He says, as he gestures to each of them "They are both from Rohan."
"Interesting..." Beren trails off
"And delightful." I add
"May I ask what your names and and where you are from?" Yreomyr asks
"Why yes you may. My name is Mioniel Shipwright and this is my friend, Beren Anwamanë . We are both from Greenwood."
'"Greenwood?"
"Yes. You might know it as Mirkwood, though, since it was called that during the Second and Third ages." I tell him
"Oh. So, you are Elves?"
"Yes. Yes we are." Beren says

We all soon ride into the central part of Rivendell, where a beautiful fountain lie. Some Elves gather around us, as we get off our horses. A female elf with hair as black as night comes up to us.

"Hello there. My name is Elrénia Felagund. King Elladan and Elrohir are waiting for you all in the House of Elrond."

Author's Note: Yay! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I was really excited to write some Elvish. Now, I actually found those phrases on two sites and I don't know which phrases are Sindarin or Quenya, but it's Elvish. Here are the two sites I used.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/angora5/Translator.html <Is not the most helpful.

http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/language/phrase.htm <Helpful with certain things, like greetings and farewells.

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/elvish.html <Barely used this, but still interesting.

Also, just for fun, here is an interactive map of Middle Earth.

http://lotrproject.com/map/#zoom=3&lat=-1315.5&lon=1500&layers=BTTTTT

And the song the Elves sang, I found here...

http://tolkien.cro.net/talesong/farewell.html

I don't know if the song was in the books or not, but I like it and it kind of fit with what was going on. Sorry for any typo. I don't have the patience at the moment to reread this (I hate laziness. ). If you want me to change anything just tell me. Also, I couldn't find the Elvish word for Elves so I just had to use the word as it is. :/ Oh, and the Elvish in this may not be entirely accurate. Don't ask why. It's hard to explain. :/

Hey Liri, I just noticed that Beren Anwamanë is from Mirkwood and I didn't include him in my post. Sorry. Want me to include him, or do you want him to follow Mioniel, perhaps against Thranduil's orders? What do you think?

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 12-30-2014 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Added Beren
Old 12-29-2014, 12:11 AM
Is in my comfy place
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 

Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Thanks Alexa! Awesome chapter. I really like how you included almost all the characters.
Oh my gosh, thank you for those websites! I love Elvish. As for the song, I'm pretty sure it was in LoTR. Don't quote me on that, but I think it sounds familiar.
I'm a bit curious, when and why did Mirkwood change to Greenwood? Was it in the books/movies, or just something you thought would be interesting?
Old 12-29-2014, 12:35 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Thank you, Glory. I love Elvish too! About Mirkwood, the Lord of the Rings Wikia says that Mirkwood was actually called Greenwood the Great, but when Sauron invented the rings and darkness fell upon Middle Earth, the name changed to Mirkwood. Then the large spiders and other nasty things moved in there, but after the One Ring was destroyed and Sauron was defeated, the darkness was lifted off of Mirkwood and was renamed Eryn Lasgalen, which is Sindarin for Wood of Greenleaves, or Greenwood. I don't believe it's in the movies and it might be in the books, but I am not sure. But I trust the LotR Wikia.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:06 AM
Is in my comfy place
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase

You're welcome.

Oh, okay, thanks for the explanation. It was probably in the books, but those are really long, especially with the descriptions and stuff. It's been a couple years, so I don't remember much besides the actual storyline.

Thank you Stormy and Alyce!
Old 12-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Hmm, maybe you should change your post to add Beren in. Sorry! I dont want him to sneak off this time at least. Not for something involving Kings and all the lands.

I dont know if i will be able to post until after New Years. I am currently in a different state at an event and I dont have a computer. Perhaps if i have enough time sometime this week i will try to post, but it is harder on a phone.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Okay, Liri, I added in Beren. I hope you have fun at your event!

Lissenen ar' maska'lalaith tenna' lye omentuva!

(Sweet water and light laughter till next we meet!)
Old 01-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Hey Alexa, would it be ok if King Thranduil and his wife had been close with Beren's parents? Maybe his parents even died in the same battle Thranduil's wife died in? And then when the three of them died, Thranduil took Beren in and raised him with Legolas? So then, Beren and Legolas have a brotherly bond, and maybe Mioniel was like a younger sister to them? Mioniel could maybe be Beren's sister for real, and was taken in with him. Or maybe she was taken in after a similar loss of her parents? Just throwing ideas out there. If you don't like that, then I will change my post.

Late the next day, four of the messengers returned to Rivendell bearing news. Representatives from the human cities of Rohan and Gondor would be coming to our meeting.
"If it is as we fear, they may become our allies in a new Fellowship," Elrénia said dryly.
"It's a possibility," I agreed grimly.
"What kind of news do you think the humans will bring?" She asked thoughtfully.
"None of us know. It has been years since any elves visited those parts of Middle Earth," I replied thoughtfully. "It's safe to say that the one good thing that came out of the Third Age was that it brought all the races together."
"Yeah." My younger friend sighed. "It's likely that they will only know rumors and speculations, just like us. It might not be a Fellowship that comes out of this, so much as a search party."

Elrénia and I felt similarly conflicted about these new turns of events. There had not been a gathering of the races since the Fellowship of the Ring, and all elves knew how that turned out. The humans have never experienced firsthand the horrors of the last war, but we elves have. Everyone, from every race in Middle Earth, has grieved for or knew of someone who was lost to that struggle. We cannot allow something like that to ever happen again. The sooner we can eliminate this threat, the better the chances of avoiding another war.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few days later, I waited with King Elladan and King Elrohir. I had been a friend to them for a long time, as I had grown up with them, and I sometimes advised them as well.
The representatives from the other races would be here soon, as our scouts had sent word that they would arrive today. And then it would all begin.

King Elladan and King Elrohir had decided that Elrénia and I were going to attend the meeting. Elrénia was very excited, and I was excited as well. It had been years since I'd last seen a human or a dwarf. Not to mention, we would know immediately any decisions that came out of this gathering.

Finally, in came one of the guards, bringing word that Elrénia was escorting the envoys here, and that they would arrive in only a few minutes.

It was beginning.

I walk through the hallways of the palace, making my way to King Thranduil. Once I arrive in his chambers, I see him speaking with two Elves, and I find young Mioniel there too.

I glance over the elves, immediately recognizing them as envoys from Rivendell.

"Mani naa autien no'?"* I ask Mioniel softly. (*What is going on?)
She turns around, "Amin naa il tanca."* (*I am not sure.)

The two Elves leave shortly, and Mioniel and I come out of the shadows to speak to Thranduil.

"A! 'Quel re, Mioniel. Beren."* King Thranduil says when he sees us. (*Ah! Good day, Mioniel. Beren.)
"Aran Thranduilion, ya nae ron?"* Mioniel asks. (*King Thranduil, who were they?)
"Elves tuulo' Imladris."* He answers (*Elves from Rivendell)
"Mani ume ron merna?"* (*What did they want?)
"Apparently," Thranduil says, breaking out of our native language "The two kings of Rivendell are hosting another meeting of lands and they would like an elf or two from Greenwood to go this meeting to represent us Wood Elves."
"A meeting of the lands? There hasn't been one of those in years." Mioniel says.
"I wonder why they are now organizing one?" I ask thoughtfully.
"It is probably because of the rumors. I'm sure you've heard of them." Thranduil replies.
"Of course, my liege." Mioniel says.
"I would be surprised if you hadn't." He says.
"My king," Mioniel speaks up, "If it is alright with you, I will go to Rivendell and attend this meeting."
"You? My child, you have never been on such a trip. I would hate it if something were to happen to you." Thranduil says, getting up out of his throne.

King Thranduil does not usually show concern for some, but there are elves that he does favor, though he might not show it, unless no one else is around. This is one of those cases.

"My dear king," Mioniel says, bowing to him, "I promise you nothing will happen to me. Please let me go. I am sure there is nothing to worry about and I will come back here with only reassuring news."
"King Thranduil, if it will make you feel better, I will do to Rivendell with Mioniel." I suggest, knowing that if I do so, he would not refuse. I am one of his best warriors, second only to his son Legolas. Legolas had been an older brother to me my whole life, ever since Thranduil had taken me in. And in turn, Mioniel had been a younger sister to both Legolas and I.

Thranduil pauses for a moment, thinking through what we just said. He then gives us his answer.

"Very well. But you two should leave as soon as you can. We live closer to Rivendell than Gondor or Rohan does, but it is still a long trip." He says.
"Thank you, King Thranduil. We will start packing at once." I bow, and Mioniel does the same.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That evening, King Thranduil and most of the Elves that live in Greenwood all meet at the edge of the forest. Once Mioniel and I arrive, they all start singing an old Elven farewell song, that moved my heart greatly.

Farewell we call to hearth and hall!
Though wind may blow and rain may fall,
We must away ere break of day
Far over wood and mountain tall.

To Rivendell, where Elves yet dwell
In glades beneath the misty fell,
Through moor and waste we ride in haste,
And whither then we cannot tell.

With foes ahead, behind us dread,
Beneath the sky shall be our bed,
Until at last our toil be passed,
Our journey done, our errand sped.

We must away! We must away!
We ride before the break of day!

At the song's end, Thranduil walks up to us.

"Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle. Tenna' ento lye omenta, voronwerea."* He says as he places a necklace upon mine and Mioniel's neck "Namaarie, Mioniel Shipwright ar' Beren Anwamanë."* (*May thy paths be green and the breeze on thy back. Until next we meet, loyal ones. Farewell, Mioniel Shipwright and Beren Anwamanë)

I look upon the pendant, a silver arrowhead embedded with a diamond. I nod gravely at the elven-king, understanding that I am his arrow being shot into the world as his envoy.

"Amin harmuva onalle e' cormamin. Vanya sulie, Aran Thranduilion."* Mioniel says to him, as she and I bow. (*I shall treasure your gift in my heart. Fair winds, King Thranduil.")

We then mount our horses and, with one last look the Wood Elves of Greenwood and Greenwood herself, we ride off towards Rivendell.

A few days after elves came into our home, Dardon and I finally ride into Rivendell.

"Oh my stars! This place is beautiful!" I exclaim.
"Very." My friend agrees, "I wonder where the Elves are?"
"Probably waiting for us at the House of Elrond." I suggest.
"All of the Elves?"
"Well, Kings Elladan and Elrohir should be there, at the very least."

Suddenly, we hear the sound of approaching hoof-beats coming from behind. We both look to see who it is.

Is that... a man? Another human? I thought we were the only ones. Hmm, yes. Most definitely another human. I decide as he waves and rides up to us.

"Hello ladies." He says, "Fine day isn't it."
"Yes. Yes, it is." I reply.
"Who are you?" Dardon asks suspiciously.
"My name is Yreomyr. I am from Gondor." He answers. Ah. Of course. Gondor would send an envoy as well, like Rohan.
"My name is Rhoéwia." I say, "This is my friend, Dardon. We are both from Rohan."
"Rohan? Land of the horse lords, am I correct?" He asks.
"Correct you are." I reply.
"Shh! Do you hear that?" Dardon then says, her voice lowered.
"I do not hear anything." Yreomyr says.
"That's because you are talking. Be quiet."

We all become silent. I then hear something. It sounds like... Singing? No, humming.

The humming gets louder, yet is still soft, as we ride on. Then, up ahead of us, we see two people, a woman and a man, on horseback.

I wonder where they are from?

Mioniel and I soon arrive in Rivendell, a few days after our departure from Greenwood.

It is quite quiet in the land around us, so Mioniel begins to hum the song the elves of Eryn Lasgalen sang before we left. The song reminds me of home, yet I am not homesick. I soon join in the song. I begin to hear talking while we hum, so I sharpen my senses, and pick out the voices of two females and a male. I do not turn around, yet I sense the trio ride up behind us.

"Excuse me, my good lady and sir?" A brown-haired male says. A human. All three are humans.
"Yes?" Mioniel replies, while I watch the trio with an eagle-eye.
"Um, I was just wondering if you are going to the meeting that the Elven Kings Elladan and Elrohir organized?"
"Why yes we are. I assume that you are, too?" She asks him.
"Yes. As well as the two women behind you." He responds.
"What are your names?" Mioniel asks, directing her question to the boy.
"My name is Yreomyr. I am from Gondor. Those two women are named Rhoéwia and Dardon." He says, as he gestures to each of them, "They are both from Rohan."
"Interesting..." I trail off.
"And delightful." Mioniel adds, shooting me a look.
"May I ask what your names and and where you are from?" Yreomyr asks.
"Why yes you may. My name is Mioniel Shipwright and this is my friend, Beren Anwamanë . We are both from Greenwood."
"Greenwood?"
"Yes. You might know it as Mirkwood, though, since it was called that during the Second and Third ages." She tells him.
"Oh. So, you are Elves?"
"Yes. Yes we are." I say, annoyed with how long it took him to figure that out. Isn't that obvious?

We all soon ride into the central part of Rivendell, where a beautiful fountain lies. Some elves gather around us, as we get off our horses. A female elf with hair as black as night comes up to us.
"Hello there. My name is Elrénia Felagund. King Elladan and King Elrohir are waiting for you all in the House of Elrond."

Finally, Elrénia enters the House of Elrond with three humans, two elves, and one dwarf in tow.

"Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo."* King Elladan greets the envoys in Quenya. (*A star shines on the hour of our meeting)
"Mae g'ovannen."* King Elrohir follows in Sindarin.
"I am King Elladan, and this is my brother, King Elrohir. We welcome you to Rivendell, and to the House of Elrond." Elladan continues in the common tongue.
"Please, introduce yourselves, all." Elrohir adds, holding his arms out in a welcoming gesture.

"Mae g'ovannen, Kings of Rivendell, I am Beren Anwamanë and this is Mioniel Shipwright. We come from Greenwood, sent by King Thranduil of Eryn Lasgalen." The male elf says, bowing deeply. The female follows suit.
"Mae g'ovannen, Beren ar' Mioniel." Elladan says.
"Hail, great Kings, I am Rhoéwia of Rohan, and this is Dardon of Rohan. We were sent by King Eldarion and Prince Elboron, to represent the Eorlingas." One of the human women says next, and the two women bow deeply.
"Welcome, Rhoéwia and Dardon." Elrohir says.
"Wise Kings, I am Yreomyr of Gondor, chosen by two elves to come. I was also sent by Prince Elboron and King Eldarion, to represent the people of Gondor." The male human says, bowing.
"Welcome, Yreomyr of Gondor." Elladan says.
"Elven-Kings, I am Kafrek of the Khazad people, from the Glittering Caves and sent on behalf of Gimli, Son of Gloin, Lord of the Glittering Caves." The dwarf says, with a bow.
"Welcome, Kafrek of the Khazad." Elrohir says. Elladan then nods to Elrénia and I.
"Greetings all, I am Alatariel Sáralondë of Rivendell, and this is Elrénia Felagund of Rivendell." I say, and the other envoys nod in greeting.

"Now that we are all acquainted, we wish you all to rest. We await the representative of the wizards to join our council, along with that of the Halflings." King Elladan says.
"Allow Alatariel and Elrénia to show you to your rooms for the duration of your stay." King Elrohir adds, gesturing to Elrénia and I.
"Please, follow us," I say, motioning to a door and leading the emissaries down a hall.

(Sorry its so long! Hope everyone is ok with what I wrote! I can change something if not! I also added Kafrek the dwarf for us all to use. And Glory, did you say you might make a wizard character? We should also make a hobbit.)

Last edited by Liri Dazzlebeam; 01-27-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liri Dazzlebeam View Post
Hey Alexa, would it be ok if King Thranduil and his wife had been close with Beren's parents? Maybe his parents even died in the same battle Thranduil's wife died in? And then when the three of them died, Thranduil took Beren in and raised him with Legolas? So then, Beren and Legolas have a brotherly bond, and maybe Mioniel was like a younger sister to them? Mioniel could maybe be Beren's sister for real, and was taken in with him. Or maybe she was taken in after a similar loss of her parents? Just throwing ideas out there. If you don't like that, then I will change my post.

(Sorry its so long! Hope everyone is ok with what I wrote! I can change something if not! I also added Kafrek the dwarf for us all to use. And Glory, did you say you might make a wizard character? We should also make a hobbit.)

Sure! Thranduil and Beren's parents could've been close! Hmm, I guess Beren and Legolas could have a brotherly bond, but I think you should make an explanation as to why Beren was never mentioned to anyone (I don't recall Legolas saying he has a brother in the books or movies). I know this might seem silly, but whenever I create stories/RP's, I always picture them as movies, so if this RP were to become a movie (and I have imagined that before. ), we, meaning the audience, would need to know why Beren has never been mentioned before, even though he was never an actual character in the books/movies As for Mioniel, maybe Beren's parents could also be close with Mioniel's parents, since they are alive in this story. I think Mioniel and Beren should just have a sibling like relationship, and not actually be brother and sister, if that's alright. I really like the Dwarf, Kafrek, although I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been sent by Gimli, for he left for the Undying Lands along with Legolas, after establishing a Dwarf kingdom in the Glittering Caves, which are located behind Helm's Deep. And also, I was thinking, since King Eldarion is kind of considered evil in this (yet his is not the main antagonist), that Elladan and Elrohir would want to organize the meeting behind Eldarion's back, so he wouldn't find out and consider everyone that attends the meeting, especially Yreomyr, traitors and etc. So, technically, Rhoewia, Dardon, and Yreomyr, would not be sent by King Eldarion to the meeting. We don't have to go with that, though. I agree. We should make a Hobbit character (do you mind if I create him on the LotR Doll creater? You or Glory can create Kafrek if you want to. )

I will post soon.

By the way, I have some new ideas for this story. I will (hopefully) post them later today, because I have some schoolwork to do. :/ Yay. -_-
Old 01-07-2015, 03:19 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Okay, I decided to create the Hobbit. May I present, Rebo Brandybuck, son of a descendant of one of the many descendants of Marroc Brandybuck. Other Name(s): Efferre. I haven't figured out a backstory yet, but since this is a character we all can control, we can all come up with his backstory and personality together. I definitely was thinking he could be adventurous and seeks excitement. I also thought that he might not enjoy life in the Shire since there is never a lot of excitement. At least, in his opinion. What do you think?

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture. That's never happened before. :/

EDIT: I added another picture of Rebo. It's better quality than the first one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lord-of-the-Rings-Doll-Divine Rebo.jpg (55.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Lord-of-the-Rings-Doll-Divine Rebo Brandybuck.jpg (187.1 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 01-07-2015 at 04:24 AM.