PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Tales

Pixie Tales Pixie dust your stories and poems here

Old Pixie Hollow's Newest Arrival

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
The Tale of Princess Ivy and Lady Fern

Chapter 1

The Kingdom of Ashenvale was a land of black and white hues. It had always been like that.

Or so the people thought.

But long ago, before anyone could remember, Ashenvale had been just as colorful as its neighbors; full of red roses, orange carrots, yellow canaries, green hummingbirds, blue sky, purple gowns, brown hair, pink cheeks, and every other related hue and tint. The ravens were black because they were supposed to be black, and the clouds were white because that was their nature to be white - unless a storm came in, then they were gray and oftentimes black.

Yet something dreadful happened and all the color drained out of Ashenvale by that mysterious event.

People slowly forgot, through time, that blueberries were called blueberries because they were blue; that oranges were oranges because they were orange; and that people weren't just black or white but many shades - from warm brown to pale peach. A few were even green; of course those were just the Tree Sprites.

No one from the neighboring lands dared to venture into Ashenvale, fearing it was cursed.

And so it was.

But who could break it?

The royal palace used to have historic records dating back several hundred years, one of those told the story of Ashenvale fading to black and white. A fire swept through the Hall of Records one night long, long ago and erased any memory that remained of the curse.

And so present day comes and no resident of Ashenvale knows the wiser.

Princess Ivy is quite content with a black and white world, she loves how unique it is from the distance hills of a color thought to be known as 'green'

Her sister, however, Lady Fern often wanders to the border called Rainbow Edge to stare dreamily at the different colors.

The two sisters were complete opposites: the youngest Ivy was full of energy; she adored the attention of others and would be as charming as possible to have people praise her for her beautiful voice or dancing skills. Villagers would see her in the royal garden, now and then, playing with the butterflies and dragonflies. Ivy insisted on being called 'Princess', because that is what she was and she secretly hoped it would someday become 'Queen'.

Fern, however, was the shy insecure type; wishing for those to call her 'Lady' instead of 'Princess' or even worse: 'Crown-Princess Fern'. It's not that she didn't want to someday rule over Ashenvale, it was that she didn't think she deserved to be called Princess Fern; she may have been the oldest and rightful heir, but she didn't have the charm or ambition of her little sister. Fern was reserved and quiet and rather dream of far off lands full of thousands of facets of colors.

A mysterious fate and not a predestined circumstance would change all that...
Old 09-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 

Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Chapter 2

Lady Fern was lying in the cool gray grass staring up at the clouds - puffy whiteness on a pale, pale gray sky. Her sister was trying to catch her attention, but Fern wouldn't look her way.

"My dear Fern, you must see my new gown!" Ivy said. She twirled around, Fern could hear the ruffle of satin.

"What does it matter what your dress looks like?" replied Fern, "No matter how many bows, or lace, or buttons, it will always be black and white."

"I have no problem with that. Black and white is elegant. Refined. Crisp and clean. Charming. Just like myself."

"You never get tired of it?" Fern finally sat up to peer at her little sister. Sigh~ she was perfect as always: Clear skin, managed hair, a princess posture - nothing like Fern, with her spotted skin and unruly hair.

"No. I like that Ashenvale is simple in adornment. I mean, really, nothing can compare to my beauty, now can it? And just imagine if there were as many colors in our kingdom as the rest, there would be all this vying for this color or that color. It would be this incredibly gaudy rainbow of ugly hues.
"No, no, black and white is so much put in order than that idea. Ugh."
"Well! Farewell, Fern, dear, I am going to go show my gown to the rest of the court."

Fern watched her go. "Sigh...is a kingdom of just black and white - and sometimes gray - really that great?" She was about to wander off towards Rainbow Edge when something gleaming caught her eye. Was that flower pink?

Could it be possible?

Fern slowly approached.

"Is that a broach?" She put her hand out to pick it up, but as soon as she touched it the pink jewel exploded with light.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 3

Fern woke up in a daze. Grabbing her head she sat up. "Huh? What's going on? Where am I?" Everywhere she looked was an array of colors. Had she somehow gone to Rainbow Edge? But wait. What's this? When Fern looked down, her dress was no longer black and white but pink and mint with brown. Even when she dared to cross over the border into that kingdom of colors Fern remained pale gray with shades of black and white.

But her skin was light peach and her hair...it was bright red! Fern stood and really looked around. She was still in her garden, where just minutes ago she had spoken to her sister Ivy.

"How bizarre, only this part of the garden is colored; the rest of Ashenvale is still dismal. Where did that brooch go?"

There it was, still in the grass. Fern went to take it, then shied away. What would happen if she touched it again?

Well! there was only one way to find out.

But it wouldn't budge! Fern grasped and pulled, then fell over.

"Stubborn thing! Hmph!" Fern got down on her knees, green grass staining her pink skirt. She pulled the grass up around the brooch - and discovered that it wasn't a brooch at all, but some kind of knob to an ancient structure buried under her feet.

"What could it be?" wondered Fern. "If only the historical records were not burned...I know, maybe I could find a book that mentions old cities or buildings and see if they point to this location. There must be something."

As Lady Fern walked the streets of the royal city she got several stares, a few gasps, and then people started to follow her. Normally everyone ignored Fern. Some would curtsy or say a greeting, but any other acts of adoration were aimed at Princess Ivy.

Then Fern heard a child ask his mother, "What's wrong with her, Mommy?"

"I...I don't know, my son..."

That's when Fern realized she still had color to her. And it was a painfully obvious oddity to the people of Ashenvale.

Fern quickly ran to the book shop and hid inside, finding a hidden nook to conduct her search.

No one wondered where Lady Fern had vanished to all day, or asked why she didn't come out of her bedroom when she was thought to be home - a maid had seen someone who resembled Lady Fern enter Lady Fern's room, she had been so used to black and white hues that she never noticed any 'color' to Fern.

Late that night Fern read a fable about a temple devoted to Mother Nature; facts said that it was built close to the royal castle of Ashenvale, but when the villagers stopped visiting the temple the trees and flowers grew around it until it was buried; leaving no trace that it was ever there.

"...if one can find the flowered jewel, then thine will have the power to rule. Up the temple will raise - to lift the haze." Fern stared out at the darkened world beyond her window. "Flowered jewel?"
Old 09-23-2015, 11:41 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 4

The following day, early in the morning, Fern ran back to her garden to seek the flowered jewel. She didn't know if the story about Nature's Temple was true - but if it was she had to find out.

The garden was still full of vibrant colors, and because it was hidden away by tall trees and castle walls, no one had yet to see its new look.

"The flowered jewel!" Fern espied the pink gem in the grass - and a cat was batting at it! A red-orange cat. Red-orange! Not white or black or gray. "Little rascal," laughed Fern, scooping the cat up. "Did you tap into the jewel's strange powers?" She hated to destroy the lovely green grass, but she somehow had to unearth the structure. "But how?" She gazed at the cat in her arms. "Do you know?"

The animal jumped out of her arms and pounced on the jewel.

"Hm? Maybe if I push it instead of pull it...?"

She had tried everything else, so why not?

The jewel moved when Fern pushed it in! It fell into a flower-shape indent underneath it and Fern heard a hollow click. Suddenly she was scrambling for a sturdy tree as the ground shook and moaned.

The grass clung, but the flowers were torn away as an ancient temple surfaced - the garden had vanished, leaving only a few trees and bushes.

Fern slid down, for she found herself on the temple's roof, and circled the building. It had beautiful motifs of flora and woodland animals; and the architecture was amazing, the pillars had all manner of bright and colorful gems embedded in the pale gray stone. And above what looked like an entrance was a lovely lady's face guarding the threshold; her arms open wide to greet visitors.

"This has to be Mother Nature's Temple!" Fern said. She peered in. It wasn't dark at all, for torches and candles along the walls flickered to life with blue fire. "Blue?" And all this time Fern thought fire was white. She ventured forth. What would Lady Fern discover?

As the princess stepped inside, the lovely lady over the entrance opened her eyes wider and smiled.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:39 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
What a magical idea for a story, Sapphira! It reminds me of a book we read at school years ago called "The Giver" (I'm sure many have read it before). The whole idea of colors in our world is so interesting, isn't it? And a story with this theme makes for vibrant reading.

I hope this fairy tale will have a happily ever after.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 10-07-2015, 11:19 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 5

Many plants grew inside the temple, most Fern didn't recognize; though whether that had to do with colors she had no name for, or that they were new species, she wasn't sure. Either way, it was such a delight to stroll through the magical place; the air was pure and specks of golden light danced among the flowers.

At the end of the long corridor was a room, a true secret garden. There were spindly trees of pale leaves and delicate blossoms; flowering bushes; a glistening pool of rainbows; and sleeping peacefully on a little knoll was a fairy. As soon as Fern entered the room the fairy awoke; she stretched and yawned, then flittered over to Fern.

"Oh! Um, w-who might you be?" asked Fern.

"Delphina, the guardian of Mother Nature's Temple." She fluttered here and there, looking Fern over. "I was given this task by Mother Nature herself, when the Temple was put into a deep slumber. I've been sleeping an awful long time, couldn't you have come sooner? Just look at me, my wings feel numb and my dress is all crinkled. I'm a mess!"

"But still beautiful all the same," Fern said. "Tell me, how long have you been asleep? Do you remember if Ashenvale had ever been this colorful?" She waved her arm around the garden. "Or is the temple only allowed color?"

Delphina stared at Fern, puzzled and a little concerned. "Do you have a fever, dear?"

"Hm? No. I feel just fine."

"Are you sure?" pressed Delphina. "Because I've never heard of Ashenvale, and why on earth would Mother Nature's Temple only have color...?" The fairy flew down the corridor to the outside world.

"Well, Ashenvale is the kingdom that you are in," Fern went to catch up with Delphina. "And - "

Delphina interrupted. "What a dreary name, who chose that name? When I was first born this land was called - Ack!!"

"Ack?" Fern said. "That doesn't sound like a better name..."

Delphina screamed. "No! It was called - Oh! who cares about that!?" She pulled at her hair, "What did you do to this land!? It looks...it looks...Ack! there is no words to describe the horrible deed you have done! How long have I been asleep for something this terrible to happen?"

"Me? I didn't do anything," Fern said. "What are you talking - Gasp! Do you mean to tell me that Ashenvale once had..." The thought was too impossible to dream. "Color?"

Delphina rounded on her. "Of course it had color! What's wrong with you, child!?"

(Thanks, Onionleaf. I've never heard of "The Giver". This is actually inspired by something, but I won't ruin the surprise. I'm sorry it has taken so long, there was supposed to be a Pixie badge associated with the story to coincide with The Changing of the Leaves, but I've been busy working on my books.)

Last edited by Sapphira110; 10-07-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:33 AM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
This is a really good story! I really like how you added pictures in the beginning of each chapter!
Old 10-26-2015, 09:30 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 6

“Ashenvale hasn't known 'color' for hundreds of years,” Fern told Delphina. “If any event took place that stole its color, those records were lost long ago. Is it even possible to steal color? Oh! Maybe when Mother Nature's Temple was sealed that caused this land to be drained of color.”

Delphina shook her head. “Don't blame this catastrophe on Mother Nature. She protects nature, and she wouldn't become embittered just because her temple was forgotten. In fact, there is a magic that I can bestow that will heal this land.”

“Really? That's wonderful!”

“However, the magic can only be wielded by one person,” Delphin said. “The person has to be compatible with the power or the magic won't work.”

“So...what will you do?” Fern asked.

“Follow me,” Dephina flew back into the temple, to the little garden room. Above the pool of rainbows was a pulsating sphere, like a miniature sun. the fairy touched the sphere and a light shot out, beaming a ray towards Lady Fern; the princess stepped out of the way, assuming it was pointing at something behind her. The bright beam stayed on her.

“Huh. Well...how about that?” Dephina said “But...I suppose it makes sense since you were the one who awoke me.”

“What? What?”

“Just hold still and hush,” the fairy said. Delphina conjured up a glowing flower and floated it over to Fern, who watched it disappear into her chest.

“What did you do?” asked Fern.

“Humph! I just gave you the very magic that can save your kingdom!”

Fern didn't know what to say. “Oh, Delphina, this is...t-this is amazing! Thank you. H-how does it work?”

“Just concentrate on what colors you wish to see, then wave your hand with a flourish.”

“That's...it?” Fern spun around before Delphina could reply and went to the nearest black and white field. “Green grass, I want to see green grass. A-and pink flowers. Wait, not just pink, but yellow and blue and purple!” She flung her arm out and WOOSH! The field came alive with color.

When Delphina caught up with Fern, the princess was laughing and dancing barefoot in the vibrant meadow.

“This is wonderful, Delphina! I must show my parents and sister!”

“Then do so. But remember to bring color to the rest of Azurevale.”

“You mean Ashenvale,” Fern said.

“Azurevale was what this land was called when I was first born,” Delphina said.

(I'm sorry for taking so long to add the next chapter, I've been very busy working on a Halloween story and just finished it this last Saturday.)
Old 10-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 7

“...Azurevale became Ashenvale, huh?” Lady Fern said to herself, as she walked into the castle. “They almost sound the same. Azurevale definitely sounds prettier, though.”

“Lady Fern...what...?” a steward spoke, he was to stunned to finish his question.

“Hello, Andre, I have something to show Mother and Father, do you think you could have a chamberlain call them?”

“Er...yes, yes. Right away.”

It was quite a meeting when the king and queen saw their daughter in shades other than black and white. They couldn't believe her story about Mother Nature's Temple, but when she turned the whole throne room a rainbow of colors – from deep reds to sparkling blues – they believe she had awaken a wonderful power, something the kingdom sorely needed.

Princess Ivy, curious as to what the commotion was, entered the throne room and stared in horror. “What...? What...? W-what is going on here!?”

Fern rushed to her sister's side, “Ivy! It's amazing! Look!” She waved her hands at Ivy's hair and dress.

“Ah!” Ivy tried not to scream, it wasn't very ladylike. “What did you do? My hair isn't black anymore. And my new dress...it's...it's – I can't tell what color it is, but I don't like it!”

“You don't?” Fern said. “I thought you might like a change. You don't want golden-brown hair or a red and orange dress?”

“No. I do not, Fern. And – Oh my gosh...my skin! It's, it's – what color is this?” She went up to Fern.

“Um, a kind of pale peach, I think. Just like my own.”

“Peach! Ew. I want my porcelain white skin back, thank you.”

“You sure?” Fern asked.

“Yes. I have never been so sure. Now. Change me back.”

Fern waved her hand but nothing happened. “Uh-oh. I'm sorry, Ivy, I have a feeling I just gave you back your natural color.”

“Natural...color? What do you mean?” Ivy demanded. “There is nothing natural about this. My natural color has always been black hair and white skin.”

Fern shook her head. “You see, something horrible happened in this kingdom's history that stole the land's original colors. It happened so long ago that no one remembers what was; and eventually, a long the way, people started to call the kingdom Ashenvale – instead of its real name of Azurevale. I recently found a way to restore the colors and...and lift the haze.”

Princess Ivy was beside herself with rage; and as she stalked off she vowed that she would stop Fern and her world of color.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:11 AM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 8

Everywhere Ivy looked her sister was bringing color to it all.

“Black and white is simple and elegant, these 'colors' are so gaudy!” grumbled Princess Ivy. “I grew up in a kingdom of black and white and I am going to keep it that way. But how...?” Outside she was disgusted to see her pet poodle – still, thankfully, white – playing with the butterflies; HER butterflies. But now they were yellow and pink and blue!

Ivy glanced down at herself. “First things first – I must find a new gown and fix my hair.”

The dress was easy, for even black and white were still considered colors, and those dresses were no longer selling.

Rainbows were all the rage, now!

Ivy's hair, however, was a harder task to solve. In her attempt to obtain her once black locks, she mixed in one too many potions and...one whole side of her hair turned white and the other black.

“Well...it's not so bad, really,” Ivy said, gazing at herself in a mirror. “I rather like it better this way. Now, to fix what was never broken...”

Ivy entered the throne room like a queen; but the people present, from her parents, to stewards, to nobles gathered, were not cheering for her – but for Fern; she was surrounded by them, in her boring dress and flashy hair.

“Oh my!” Ivy said with mock enthusiasm, “what party is going on that I was not invited to?”

Fern stepped away. “Ivy! Oh, wow...you changed your hair.”

“Mm, yes. What do you think?”

Fern liked the golden-brown hair better, but she didn't want to hurt her sister's feelings. “It's nice; very refreshing, actually. Don't you think your favorite hues stand out more with your new pinkish skin?”

“Hm...” Ivy peered at her arm, her black sleeve with white lace was more striking against the pinky-peach. “I guess so. I suppose it's not so bad. But dear, I must ask you something – “

Fern put a hand up. “I must TELL you something! Mother and Father have decided to step down from the thrown and crown me the queen, for giving Azurevale its color back!”

Ivy tripped backwards. “W-what?”

“I'm very nervous about the whole affair, but I know, now, that it is my duty to take care of the kingdom and watch over it so nothing ever bad happens again.”

Ivy bit her lower lip, trying hard not to scream...
Old 11-13-2015, 01:15 AM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
What a wonderful story, Sapphira! I hope to see more soon!
Old 12-07-2015, 05:10 AM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 9

“...Ivy?” Fern called after her sister, who stomped out of the throne room. “Weren't you going to tell me something?”

But Ivy was beyond 'saying something', she was going to 'do something'. It was bad enough that Fern, boring and weak as she was, had this magic to bring color to her world; but now she was going to become queen!

It wasn't right. Ivy may have been the younger, but she had the style, the grace, the smarts to actually rule a kingdom with a strong hand. Unlike Fern, who spent her days dreaming away, Ivy was socializing with commoners and nobles alike. She knew what they liked, what they wanted – and it certainly wasn't pink diamonds and lilac skirts!

Ivy's rage subsided after a time, she needed and anger would not help her. Her stomps eventually turned to soft steps and she gracefully swooped out of the castle.

“Who was that old lady I met when I was only ten...?” Ivy thought out loud. “She had a strong aura – an aura of magic!”

The old lady turned out to be a witch living in a dark hut. Ivy was pleased to see that she was not a big fan of the onslaught of colors either; her furnishings were all black and white. The witch's hair was black and white. Her clothes was black trimmed in white tassels.

“So you understand me?” Ivy said to the witch.

“I do,” nodded the witch. “My ancient eyes are now blinded by so many new hues. It is too much, too much...”

“I can barely take it in, either!” Ivy said, knowing what the witch meant. “I could live in a room of black and white, yes, but as soon as I ventured out I'd be blinded by a cascade of rainbows!

“My sister got her magic from Mother Nature's Temple, which is guarded – I tried to enter and the doors closed on my face. Very rude...I cannot enter or destroy it. Dear Witch, do you have something similar that can reverse what Fern has done?”

“Hm...” the witch hobbled to a cupboard. “I might. This potion has the ability to change your very essence; although it will give you the power to call creatures to your aid, it also will subject you to certain...weaknesses.”

“How do you mean?” Ivy asked.

“Artifacts with canceling properties...if you come into contact with such items, like gold cuffs and silver crosses, you will become your average princess self.”

“Pish-tosh,” Ivy waved a dismissing hand, “that doesn't sound that bad. I'll take the chances.”

“Very well.” The witch flung the potion at Princess Ivy.

There was a puff of purple smoke and Ivy became a thousand fluttering butterflies of black and white.

(Sorry it took almost a month to get the next chapter out. I hope I can type out the rest a lot sooner than that time span...)
Old 12-18-2015, 02:18 AM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Wow, what a talent you have, Sapphira! I'm going to always check back for this story. This has a hint of the first Woodcutter Sisters book.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 10

The witch watched Ivy fly away. The potion she had used was an ancient magic, something the witch's ancestor created by using the dark residue left over by the Black & White curse. The witch wondered if the potion would work, she knew it wasn't as powerful as the curse but perhaps Princess Ivy could make use of it...

And Ivy did. The thousands of butterflies landed in the royal garden and Princess Ivy materialized. She tested her magic and summoned butterflies, which flew around her turning anything they touched black and white.

“Perfect!” Ivy clapped.

She summoned more aids, this time dragonflies. They didn't do anything it seemed. But when a guard came out to see why portions of the garden had lost their color, a dragonfly buzzed around his head and Ivy soon learned the man's memory had been erased.

“Even more perfect! Now no one will ever suspect my intentions. Time to hatch a plot to show Fern who should truly wear the crown!”

First she would wipe the memories of the townsfolk, so much so that they would forget what even 'color' meant. Then she would move on to the nobles followed by Fern and her parents.

Ivy walked the streets as the Princess that she was, the villagers thought they were getting a real treat as the beautiful and elegant Princess Ivy gracefully strolled along. But unbeknownst to the villagers, Ivy was spreading her butterflies to turn the town black and white and the dragonflies to make the villagers forget all about Lady Fern and her special new magic.

A castle steward, however, stepped out of the dress shop after picking up an order for IVY, of all people, and saw the princess with her butterflies. The dragonflies passed him over to enchant another.

What was Princess Ivy doing to Azurevale?

The steward rushed back to tell Lady Fern and her parents.

“We must stop her.”

“This is treachery!”

“How could she!?”

There were so many questions with no answers. Everyone felt that Ivy needed to be punished for such deeds.

Except for Fern. “We can't just condemn her,” she said. “There has to be a reason behind her actions. We should talk to her.”

Princess Ivy entered the throne room in a flurry of butterflies. “Talk to me about what, sister, dear?” She smiled wickedly, positive that no one knew her plans to take the throne.

“Don't let her summon any dragonflies!” the steward warned.

Ivy showed a surprised face that quickly turned to anger. “Hm, I think I know what you want to talk about,” Ivy said. “Well, I don't really want to talk – I want to do. And by that, I mean take the crown from you, Fern.” She flung her butterflies and they turned the room colorless.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:41 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Wow, Sapphira, I love your story--it's a wonderful read! I was smiling the whole time while reading--I think I might know just what this is based off of!

Signature by someone, avatar by Neverbelle ~ Come flit by my Userpage! ~ Switch friend code: SW-0846-5678-6094