PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Neverland Narrative

Neverland Narrative Join in and never grow up. RPG Forum

Old Camelot: Uprising

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:17 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Bernadette

That morning, I got up before my alarm beeped. I went downstairs to eat breakfast with my family. Afterwards, I got and headed outside. I walked over to Conroy's house, and when I arrived there he was already waiting for me outside.

"Somebody's late." Conn said
"Late? I got up before my alarm today. But I see you got up even earlier." I said, smirking
"You bet! So, are you ready to go?"
"Of course I am!"

We then headed off towards the school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we arrived at the school, I saw Aura and Shae standing by the school statue. I wave at them. They see us, and walk over to us.

"
Hey guys, this is Conroy, but he prefers Conn. Conn, meet Aura and Shae." I say
"Hi Conn," Shae says while Aura adds "We've heard a lot about you from Adette.
"Oh really?" He pokes teasingly "What have you been say about me behind my back?"
"All good things." I laugh "Or, well, mostly..." I duck away from his playful nudge.
"Hey Adette, we've been meaning to ask you. It's about the..." Aura glances at Conroy.
"The dreams?" I finish "Conn's been having them too. Speaking of that, you guys will not believe this! Last night -
" - you had a dream about a voice telling you 'welcome home' and 'it all starts tomorrow' -" Aura breaks in.
" - and King Arthur's castle rising up out of a lake?" Shae finishes.

Conroy and I nod, both wide-eyed.

"What are the chances of that?" I gasp "We all had the same dream..."
"It has to be because of the medieval fair." Conroy says.

The bus finally pulls up and we all hop on. As we sit down, I see Aura talking to some red haired girl.

Hmm, is that the girl I saw on the bridge singing last night? I wonder.

When Aura comes back to sit down, I hear her telling Shae what the red-haired girls' name was.

"Her name is Zeolite, or Zeo" Aura says.

Huh, that's a strange, but pretty, name.

"Camelot, here we come." Shae says.
"I'm so excited!" I squeal.
"Hey guys? Something from last night keeps bothering me... I can't get it out of my head. Have any of you heard the name 'Emrys' before?" Conn says.

Aura, Shae and I look at him.

"Emrys?" Aura asks "No... I don't think I've heard that before."
"Hmm. That's strange. Did..." Shae pauses "He call you that?"
Conroy nods, "But I have no idea what it means."
"We could ask one of the teachers... or someone working at the fair." I muse, "You know, without telling them why we want to know."
"Yeah... maybe." Conn replies, looking out the window.
"Oh! that reminds me!" I gasp "In the dream, he called me something other than my name, too."
"What did he call you?" Shae and Aura ask together.

All of the sudden, the red-haired girl, Zeolite, yells out...

"Get a grip!"

What the Camlann?! What was that all about?

Zeolite says something about watching a movie on her phone, and the girl needed to 'get a grip'. The kids all around us start snickering. I didn't think she was telling the truth because she was blushing and stammering. A girl with brown hair, who just arrived on the bus just as Zeolite said 'get a grip' stood up for her.

"Don't yell at the person who said get a grip!" It's none of your business!"

"It's not very nice of everyone to laugh like that." Aura whispers to us.
"Yeah, but that was a little strange," I add "And it was nice of that girl to stand up for her."

We all shrug off the incident, but I still wonder about Zeo.

Why did she yell 'get a grip'?

"We could try talking with her more at the fair." Shae suggests, and we all agree.
Aura turns back to me "So you were saying? What did he call you?"
I pause for dramatic effect "King Arther."
"No way!" Shae gasps!
"King Arther?!" Aura exclaims, quite loudly.
"What is going on back there?" The bus driver said, clearly annoyed.

Aura grabs her medieval book, opening it to a random page which, shockingly, was the page that actually told you where King Arther's castle is. "It says in this book that the place we're going to, Tintagel , is where King Arthur's castle is rumored to have been found! Aura said pretending to be shocked. "Isn't that awesome?".

Everyone in the bus, minus Zeolite and some girl with blond hair, was surprised. They all started chatting, saying stuff like "oooh maybe we'll discover some old King Arthur artifacts" and "maybe we'll see King Arthur's ghost. OOOOOH!" and other stuff. Aura sits down quickly, relieved.

"Nice save, Aura." Conn teases.

The bus driver was extremely mad now, though he tried not to show all of it. "I am going to ask this of you one more time, an it's your final warning, kids," he warned "If you can't settle down and stay quiet for the ride, I'm not taking you to the fair. Is that understood?"

"That's right students." Miss. Bryant said standing, along with the two other history teachers.
"Settle down and talk amongst your neighbors quietly until we arrive in Tintagel." One of the other history teachers said. I think that was the history teacher for the older kids.

We all slump down in our seats. "Okay, how about we try reading through the medieval books we brought?" I suggest. "Maybe there's something we missed on 'Emrys' in there."
"Or more information on you and your knights, your majesty." Conroy teased, with a slight gleam in his eye
"Something about a 'return', maybe." Shae says.
"Let's get reading!" Aura exclaims, excitedly.

I pull out my my book, then I accidentally drop it on the floor.

"Oh no!" I exclaim, not wanting to lose it, somehow.

As I pick it up, another hand grabs it at the same time. I look up and see Conn. We both blush, as I take me hand away, and he gives me my book.

"Uh, here you go, Adette" Conroy says, nervously and still blushing.
"Thanks." I said, blushing, too.

Aura, Shae, Conroy, and I all start reading, hoping to gain a little more information on either Emrys, a return, or about me and my, supposed, knights, before we get to the medieval fair.

Author's Note: You okay with what I did with Adette and Conn, Liri? Also, Camlann is a place in England (I think) and is featured in the King Arthur stories. Oh and Kenzie, the girl with blond hair Bernadette noticed is your OC.

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 09-08-2016 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Editing and Erasing
Old 06-21-2014, 05:30 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 

Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I'll post for Zeolite, hopefully (but not guaranteed), tomorrow. Flitterific job with all your chapter, fairi... I mean knights!

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 09-08-2016 at 05:37 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:10 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
View Liri Dazzlebeam's Photo Album
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 16

My Mood: Adventurous
Liri Dazzlebeam is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Yeah, thats fine with me Alexa

I will try to post tomorrow, but after that I am sorry to say I will have to quit I leave the next day.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Unhappy Super sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liri Dazzlebeam View Post
Yeah, thats fine with me Alexa

I will try to post tomorrow, but after that I am sorry to say I will have to quit I leave the next day.
Oh no!!! I am so sad right now. Camelot: Uprising won't be the same without you. Hopefully the story won't be done when you get back. Do we have your permission to use your characters, if we keep them in character? When you get back we will host a big "Welcome Back" party for you! I look forward to your next chapter.

Fly With Ya Later!
Old 06-21-2014, 11:30 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 

Light Talent
Yes you all have permission to use Shae and Conn in character.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:47 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
It's ok if we pause the RP while Liri's gone. You guys have probably been noticing I've been getting less and less active. Anyway, here's my next chapter for Penelope.

Just then, another person with black hair stands up for the red haired girl who yelled out. The girl smiles at her uncertainly and says, "Thanks."
"Hey, that was nice of you, to stand up for her like that." said the person behind me.
"Thank you. I'm Penelope." I said.
"I'm Kara." said the girl, smiling. I smiled back.
Just then, a blonde person in the back said, "King Arthur?" I asumed they must've been talking about his castle being in Tintagel.
"What is going on back there?" asked the bus diver called out.
The girl pulled out a book and said that King Arthur's castle was located in Tintagel. I had known that for as long as I had my King Arthur book, which was for a few years. I decided maybe to write in my notebook and ignore what was going on. What? I thought as I pulled out my phone and not my notebook. I must've put it in by mistake. I decided to check for any text messages: none. Nothing new on facebook or twitter. Guess I should do an app.
"I'm going to ask this one more time. If you can't quiet down, we're not going to the fair." said the bus driver. I then just turned the sound off of my app and continued.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:21 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Really guys, I don't want you to pause this RP just because I will be gone. 7 weeks is a really long time. Don't worry about me. You can use my characters still and interact with them.

This will probably be my last post in this RP before I leave in the morning.

"Oh! that reminds me!" Adette gasps, "In the dre- he called me something other than my name, too, though he knew it..."
"What?" Shae and Aura ask together.

All of the sudden, the red-haired girl, Zeolite, yells out...

"Get a grip!"

Zeolite says something about watching a movie on her phone, and the girl needed to 'get a grip'. The kids all around us start snickering. I was skeptical about her response because she was blushing and stammering. A girl with brown hair, who just arrived on the bus just as Zeolite says 'get a grip!' stood up for her.

"Don't yell at the person who said get a grip!" It's none of your business!"

"It's not very nice of everyone to laugh like that." Aura whispers to us.
"Yeah, but that was a little strange," Adette adds "And it was nice of that girl to stand up for her."

We all shrug off the incident, but I still wonder about Zeo, I noticed she slouched lower in her seat.

"We could try talking with her more at the fair." Shae suggests, and we all agree.
Aura turns back to Adette, "So you were saying? What did he call you?"
She pauses for dramatic effect, "King Arther."
"No way!" Shae gasps.
"King Arther?!" Aura exclaims, quite loudly.
"What is going on back there?" The bus driver said, clearly annoyed.

Aura grabs her medieval book, opening it to a random page which, coincidentally, was the page that actually told you where King Arther's castle is. "It says in this book that the place we're going to, Tintagel , is where King Arthur's castle is rumored to have been found!" Aura said pretending to be shocked, "Isn't that awesome?".

Everyone in the bus started chatting, saying stuff like "oooh maybe we'll discover some old King Arthur artifacts" and "maybe we'll see King Arthur's ghost. OOOOOH!" and other stuff. Aura sits down quickly, relieved.

"Nice save, Aura." I tease.

The bus driver was extremely mad now, though he tried not to show all of it. "I am going to ask this of you one more time, an it's your final warning, kids," he warned "If you can't settle down and stay quiet for the ride, I'm not taking you to the fair. Is that understood?"

"That's right students." One of the history teachers said standing, along with the two other history teachers.
"Settle down and talk amongst your neighbors quietly until we arrive in Tintagel."

We all slump down in our seats. "Okay, how about we try reading through the medieval books we brought?" Adette suggests. "Maybe there's something we missed on 'Emrys' in there."
"Or more information on you and your knights, your majesty." I tease.
"Something about a 'return', maybe." Shae says.
"Let's get reading!" Aura exclaims, excitedly.

Adette pulls out her book, then accidentally drops it on the floor.

"Oh no!" She exclaims, not wanting to lose it.

I reach to pick it up, and Adette grabs it at the same time. We both blush, and I hand her the book.

"Uh, here you go, Adette" I say, nervously and still blushing.
"Thanks." She replies, blushing, too.

Aura, Shae, Adette, and I all start reading, hoping to gain a little more information on either Emrys, a return, or about King Arthur and his knights, before we get to the medieval fair.

"This is hopeless." I finally exclaim, closing my book. "There is nothing in here about 'Emrys.'"
"Yeah, I can't find anything either." Aura agrees glumly.
"Look! We're here!" Shae squeals in excitement.
"Oh my gosh! Look at that!"
"I can't believe we are here!"
"Am I dreaming?" Shae asks.
"If you are, so am I!" Aura replies with a grin, and we all start laughing.
"Maybe we won't find answers in our books, but I have a feeling we will find our answers here!" I say as we get off the bus.

(Sorry I didn't add much, just trying to get us off the bus and moving before I leave )
Old 06-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Here and there
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 

Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Ok, just saying I won't be posting very much for a while. I'm glad I have a day off.

I'll post for Penelope later.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Here and there
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Just as I finished the 10th level on my app, the bus came to a halt. This is it. We're here.
"Woo!" I said excitedly, though I didn't really mean to say that. Excitement was just buzzing around in my head. I quickly checked for any new text messages on my phone before I got off the bus. Nothing. I had no time to check twitter and facebook, but that was ok. After school seemed to be a good time to check.

It's a short chapter. I was thinking maybe all of us could work on Mordred's descendant?
Old 06-24-2014, 02:37 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowswirls View Post
It's a short chapter. I was thinking maybe all of us could work on Mordred's descendant?
I agree. When should we start working on the character?
Old 06-24-2014, 02:53 AM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Anytime we want, I guess.
Anyone know what "Mordred" meant? Since we picked Bernadette based on the meaning of Arthur's name.
Also, since the dark knight in the dreams always showed up as a guy, I'm thinking Mordred's descendant should be male?
Let's start the fair. Um, has anyone ever been to an actual medieval fair and know what happens there?

Thank you Stormy and Alyce!
Old 06-24-2014, 02:58 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_of_Glory View Post
Anytime we want, I guess.
Anyone know what "Mordred" meant? Since we picked Bernadette based on the meaning of Arthur's name.
Also, since the dark knight in the dreams always showed up as a guy, I'm thinking Mordred's descendant should be male?
Let's start the fair. Um, has anyone ever been to an actual medieval fair and know what happens there?
Well, I looked up Mordred's name and the site I was on said his name means "to hit". I don't think there are many name that mean that. Maybe his name should start with an "M"?
Old 06-24-2014, 05:55 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Ah, nothing better than writing a chapter late at night.

Zeolite

A girl with brown hair walked onto the bus shortly after I accidentally yelled "get a grip". Surprisingly, she actually stood up for me.

"Don't snicker at the person who said 'get a grip'! It's none of your business!"

I did not expect anyone to do that for me. But what this other person did next was also unexpected.

"Just ignore them, they're not worth your time. Immature guys. Sorry they laughed at you like that." She said
"Thanks." I say, smiling uncertainly.

I was really surprised those two girls said those things. People don't usually do things, like standing up for me and stuff like that.

Except, her...... oh, snap out of it Zeo! We don't need ANOTHER random outburst. Ugh, that was so embarrassing!

But, then suddenly, another girl, whom I recognized from earlier as Aura, the person who saw me singing last night, yells out:

"King Arthur?!"

What in the world?

"What is going on back there?" The bus driver said. It seems all this yelling was really getting on the bus drivers nerves.
"It says in this book that the place we're going to, Tintagel , is where King Arthur's castle is rumored to have been found! Isn't that awesome?" Aura said.

That must have been the trigger sentence of the day because once she said that, everyone on the bus starts chatting up a storm. I, however, wasn't really interested in finding King Arthur's castle. Besides, Aura said it was rumored to be there.

It's probably just a myth. I think to myself I bet, if there's any castle, it's just an old, abandoned castle, NOT used by King Arthur, and is probably in ruins.

The bus driver then said something that I wish he would actually do.

"I am going to ask this of you one more time, an it's your final warning, kids," he warned "If you can't settle down and stay quiet for the ride, I'm not taking you to the fair. Is that understood?"

Please do that.

"That's right students." One of the history teachers said, standing, along with two other history teachers.
"Settle down and talk amongst your neighbors quietly until we arrive in Tintagel." Mrs. Bruin, my history (aka Medieval) teacher, said.

Everyone mumbled a 'yes mam', and went back to whispering about whatever they were originally talking about. I just stared out the window and thought to myself...

I wonder if the bus driver will be willing to take me home? NO, ZEO! You are going to this fair and you are going to enjoy it, understand? You wouldn't want to disappoint 'her' would you? You're right. No I wouldn't. I still hope this Medieval Fair thing goes by quickly. To many painful memories will be present there. Sighing, I whisper to myself
"You can do this. You can do this".

I really hope I can do this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finally arrived at the Medieval fair, and it was everything I imagined it would be..... people in crazy medieval costumes, jousting, tents and booths of all kind EVERYWHERE, horses, supposed Medieval food, and other weird stuff. Everyone was either screaming or jumping up and down when they saw the place. Everyone except me.

Am I the only one NOT excited about this? I wonder.

The bus doors open and everyone walks out, with some people running. I was the last one to leave. I took my necklace in my hand and had a last look at the silver key.

I still love you, you know that, right? I said mentally, as I took a moment to close my eyes and clutch it in my hand.

I then walked out of the bus, warm air immediately hitting my body. I look around at the large crowd gathered here.

Wow! Today is going to be a long day.

Author's Note: Sorry if this chapter wasn't great. It's pretty late where I am so that might be why this isn't great. I still hope you enjoyed it. By the way, I don't know if everyone knows this, but everyone are allowed to write/post Bernadette chapters, as you've noticed with me. Also, Liri Dazzlebeam has okayed us using her characters Shae and Conroy, IF they are in character and not OOC (Out Of Character). I look forward to the upcoming chapter! Awesome job everyone!

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 09-08-2016 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Editing and Erasing
Old 06-24-2014, 07:27 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I included a description of Tintagel in my post, based on what I know about what it looks like (Google images! ).
Also, Glory, I've been to a medieval fair. The one I went to was at this castle museum place, and we got to take a tour of the entire castle, to see what life was like back in medieval times. There were also people dressed in costumes doing a reenactment of life in a medieval village. The highlight of the trip was, we got to watch a jousting tournament while we were eating our (medieval style) dinner.
I was thinking that we would have a reenactment jousting match in our RP medieval fair? If you guys don't want to do that, I can change my post.

With a frustrated sigh, I push aside my latest medieval book. I've never been so frustrated with my medieval reading before - usually I love this stuff. But...
"This is hopeless." Conn finally exclaims, closing his book. "There is nothing in here about 'Emrys.'"
"Yeah, I can't find anything either." I agree glumly.
Suddenly, Shae lets out a squeal of excitement. "Look! We're here!"
My frustration immediately forgotten, I leaped over to see out the window, nearly falling on top of Shae. We both laughed as we gathered around the window.
Behind me, I hear all sorts of excited cries from the others on the bus.
But none of that registers as I find myself taking my first good look at Tintagel...
Outside were rolling green hills and rocky cliffs, overlooking the crashing seawater below. It was absolutely gorgeous. I stared, mesmerized by the way white water rapids crashed up against the cliffs below us. Rugged and imposing, the craggy cliffs felt almost... familiar to me.
"If you are, so am I!" I reply with a grin, and we all start laughing.
"Maybe we won't find answers in our books, but I have a feeling we will find our answers here!" Conroy says excitedly as we get off the bus.
"Tintagel comes from a word that means 'village on a mountain'," I say, reciting from my medieval research. "Now I can see why."
"It's gorgeous!" Shae exclaimed, voicing what we're all thinking.
Adette gasps, pointing to something on the horizon, rising out of the mist. "Look!"
It was the ruins of what had once been a great stone castle.
"We are approaching the ruins of Tintagel Castle, students," Miss Bryant announces. "As Aura so kindly pointed out, it is one of the castles associated with Arthurian legends."
There were gasps and "ooh!"s from the other students. I frowned in confusion. These old, crumbling ruins of a once-great castle held no resemblance to the towering, majestic structure I'd seen in my dream.
"But it wasn't actually Arthur's castle, was it?" I can't help but ask.
Miss Bryant frowns. "No, Aura, Tintagel Castle was one of the castles associated with Arthurian legends, more specifically the legendary birth of Arthur, but it was not the castle from which he ruled. There is no evidence to prove that the castle of Camelot actually existed."
I nod, feeling a bit disappointed. So all we got to see was, what? The ruins of the place where King Arthur was born? Where his parents met? How... anticlimax. But I shrug it off. It wouldn't make sense for Arthur's actual castle to be so well-known and out in the open, would it?
At the gateway to the medieval fair, we were handed a brochure and a map of the reenactment village that'd been set up near the ruins of Tintagel Castle.
"Okay, students, you are free to explore the village, find out more about life in medieval times!" One of the other History teachers calls out. "We will meet at 11:30 for a medieval-style lunch and - " She pauses for dramatic effect. " - A special treat! We will get to watch a reenactment of a jousting tournament over lunch."
Everybody cheers. I gasp, meeting eyes with Shae, Adette, and Conn. A jousting match! That sounds awesome!
"I've always wanted to see a jousting match!" Shae whispers excitedly.
"Me too!" I whisper back.
"So don't be late!" The teacher finishes. She gestures to the far side of the village, where an arena had been set up, with tables on all sides where we'd have our lunch.
"C'mon!" Adette tugs us forward. "Let's go see some of the medieval places - I bet some of the historians will have some answers for us."
We follow, and I can't help the thrilled shiver that goes down my spine. It feels like the last several weeks - the dreams, the medieval classes, the strange events - have always been leading up to this.

(Is this okay, guys? )

Last edited by Night Wish; 08-08-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:40 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Wish View Post
I included a description of Tintagel in my post, based on what I know about what it looks like (Google images! ).
Also, Glory, I've been to a medieval fair. The one I went to was at this castle museum place, and we got to take a tour of the entire castle, to see what life was like back in medieval times. There were also people dressed in costumes doing a reenactment of life in a medieval village. The highlight of the trip was, we got to watch a jousting tournament while we were eating our (medieval style) dinner.
I was thinking that we would have a reenactment jousting match in our RP medieval fair? If you guys don't want to do that, I can change my post.

With a frustrated sigh, I push aside my latest medieval book. I've never been so frustrated with my medieval reading before - usually I love this stuff. But...
"This is hopeless." Conn finally exclaims, closing his book. "There is nothing in here about 'Emrys.'"
"Yeah, I can't find anything either." I agree glumly.
Suddenly, Shae lets out a squeal of excitement. "Look! We're here!"
My frustration immediately forgotten, I leaped over to see out the window, nearly falling on top of Shae. We both laughed as we gathered around the window.
Behind me, I hear all sorts of excited cries from the others on the bus.
But none of that registers as I find myself taking my first good look at Tintagel...
Outside were rolling green hills and rocky cliffs, overlooking the crashing seawater below. It was absolutely gorgeous. I stared, mesmerized by the way white water rapids crashed up against the cliffs below us. Rugged and imposing, the craggy cliffs felt almost... familiar to me.
"If you are, so am I!" I reply with a grin, and we all start laughing.
"Maybe we won't find answers in our books, but I have a feeling we will find our answers here!" Conroy says excitedly as we get off the bus.
"Tintagel comes from a word that means 'village on a mountain'," I say, reciting from my medieval research. "Now I can see why."
"It's gorgeous!" Shae exclaimed, voicing what we're all thinking.
Adette gasps, pointing to something on the horizon, rising out of the mist. "Look!"
It was the ruins of what had once been a great stone castle.
"We are approaching the ruins of Tintagel Castle, students," Miss Bryant announces. "As Aura so kindly pointed out, it is one of the castles associated with Arthurian legends."
There were gasps and "ooh!"s from the other students. I frowned in confusion. These old, crumbling ruins of a once-great castle held no resemblance to the towering, majestic structure I'd seen in my dream.
"But it wasn't actually Arthur's castle, was it?" I can't help but ask.
Miss Bryant frowns. "No, Aura, Tintagel Castle was one of the castles associated with Arthurian legends, more specifically the legendary birth of Arthur, but it was not the castle from which he ruled. There is no evidence to prove that the castle of Camelot actually existed."
I nod, feeling a bit disappointed. So all we got to see was, what? The ruins of the place where King Arthur was born? Where his parents met? How... anticlimax. But I shrug it off. It wouldn't make sense for Arthur's actual castle to be so well-known and out in the open, would it?
At the gateway to the medieval fair, we were handed a brochure and a map of the reenactment village that'd been set up near the ruins of Tintagel Castle.
"Okay, students, you are free to explore the village, find out more about life in medieval times!" One of the other History teachers calls out. "We will meet at 11:30 for a medieval-style lunch and - " She pauses for dramatic effect. " - A special treat! We will get to watch a reenactment of a jousting tournament over lunch."
Everybody cheers. I gasp, meeting eyes with Shae, Adette, and Conn. A jousting match! That sounds awesome!
"I've always wanted to see a jousting match!" Shae whispers excitedly.
"Me too!" I whisper back.
"So don't be late!" The teacher finishes. She gestures to the far side of the village, where an arena had been set up, with tables on all sides where we'd have our lunch.
"C'mon!" Adette tugs us forward. "Let's go see some of the medieval places - I bet some of the historians will have some answers for us."
We follow, and I can't help the thrilled shiver that goes down my spine. It feels like the last several weeks - the dreams, the medieval classes, the strange events - have always been leading up to this.

(Is this okay, guys? )
That was a great chapter, Night! And the whole jousting thing sounds awesome!!!