PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies Minigames and Quests

Fairies Minigames and Quests Talk about the various minigames and quests around the realm

Old Petal Pick Up Theory

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:11 AM
Is a Chicana Fairy
View Classick's Photo Album
Classick's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Costume Designer Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award Room Decarator Award Happy Easter 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Dreaming
Classick has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Petal Pick Up Theory

I think I just found the QUICKEST way to achieve the Petal-Pick Up High Score Badge.

Upon attempting to finish up quests, I needed to get 10,000 in Petal Pick Up. Well I was only on 5,000+ when I needed to gather an amount of roses on the next level, I think around 24 or something. Normally I did this trick of collecting the whole amount EXCEPT 1, that way the next bunch to fly through, I would add it to the ONE MORE that I needed and get EXTRA points or BONUS.

Well I found out something even better!

I saw a bunch of those petals with the twinkle on it that DOUBLES your amount circled. About five or six of them, and two of them were about to leave the screen but I held it back by making a line and as they bounced off, I made another line before they float forwards again and when they bounced back off I would make another one and repeat so it would back away from exiting so I don't loose them. Well I was doing that while waiting for the normal petals to float forwards with the other three bonus petals so I could round all the bonus petals up with the normal petals.

Well when I did that, the below image appeared to my shock!

So now I'm going to attempt this EVERY LEVEL and try to earn the badge!
I can't believe I got such a huge bonus when I was barely on 5000+ points and went up to 14,000 in ONE level!

I'm going to back up all the BONUS petals and round them up. If you want to attempt this, try to complete it within the time frame or circle the timer for more seconds!

BTW, here's my end result, since I went over 10,000 as I needed I went ahead and quit it to see my score and get prize. I want to attempt to get the badge from level one, so until I do that, I will let you all know my efforts!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:16 AM
Kinda inactive.
View EllaFlutterBreeze's Photo Album
EllaFlutterBreeze's Fairy
Awards Showcase
PHF Winter Award 2016 Happy Holidays'14 Award Design A Furniture Item Participation Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award 
Total Awards: 17

My Mood: Woot
EllaFlutterBreeze has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Water Talent Light Talent
What score do you have to beat to get the high score in Petal Pickup? Thanks for showing this!

Yeah, I'm still here. PM me/
Old 04-19-2009, 05:28 AM
wants those Twirly Boots!
View slightlyremoved's Photo Album
slightlyremoved's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2011 Award Winter Solstice Award Autumn 2010 Award Summer 2010 Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award Summer Fun Screenshot Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: owoooo
slightlyremoved has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Yeah, this happened to me once. I think it was a total fluke, but it happened. I think I got like 8 or 9 of the "double" petals, and my score just for that round went up by 16,000 points. I think I was in shock for about 5 minutes, because Petal Pick Up is a little lame.

It involves a lot of patience...because if you wait, sometimes a lot of doubles do come and float on by.

Really awesome job though!

And Ella, I think it's something like 40,000... which is why there are so many levels.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Is a Chicana Fairy
Classick's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Costume Designer Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award Room Decarator Award Happy Easter 

Oh! I forgot to mention, right when you make a loop it says how much points/bonus you got. Well when I rounded all those bonus petals up, it said I got 9,000+ bonus points right before it disappeared and showed me the end level score.

So I don't think it's a fluke or error of some kind.

It makes sence I got 9000+ on the bonus when I looped it 'cause added to the 5000+ I had before I started that level it equals my total score of 14,000+!

^o^
Old 04-28-2009, 08:10 AM
more than just a name!!
View Dreamer4012's Photo Album
Dreamer4012's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Get Connected Award  - Retired May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: BerryNice
Dreamer4012 is a talented FairyDreamer4012 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
Lightbulb Petal Pick-up Tip

I noticed when I only circle one petal at a time, say on the first screen where you have to get 4 petals, and then on the last petal - circle as many as possible, the bonus amount is higher. Does that make sense? I usually do this until I have to collect more than two different kinds of petals and get a higher score in the beginning. I've also noticed the faster the better... if you can get all the petals with as many loops as possible in under 30 seconds, your bonus score is higher.

If I try to circle all the petals in one loop, my bonus isn't as big.

I dislike this game very much and have tried to figure out everyway possible to get as many points possible as quickly as possible. Today I finally received my Flitterific Petal Pick-up Badge!! YAY!! Now I only have to play this silly game when I have to for quests!!!

Dreamer
Old 04-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Is a badge hound fairy
View Violet Merryvale's Photo Album
Violet Merryvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 55

My Mood: Balanced
Violet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Always use the sparkles as they give you double points definitely. This was on another thread. Also I loop big groups, but leave out 1 to finish and loop another big group to get the bonus points. Don't try all at once, but as many large groups as you can with as many sparkles as you can.

If you can freeze in the higher levels and find multiple sparkles you get much better bonus points. It has made it fairly (or is that fairily) easy to get the high score on this one. Don't just loop one at a time! No bonuses for one petal. The more you loop at once the more bonus points!

Hope this helps.

VM
Old 04-28-2009, 08:09 PM
is a very OLD fairy :)
View rainbowfairie's Photo Album
rainbowfairie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2010 Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Sleepy
rainbowfairie has chosen their Fairy magic
ok im going to have to rethink how i play this at one time in the never news they asked for tips on games. one fairy said you get bonus points for loops so to do one at a time until the last one and then go for a bunch. im gonna try your way! ive gotten within a hundred point after finishing and thats frustrating!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Is a Chicana Fairy
Classick's Fairy
Awards Showcase

My theory is by trying to loop several of those "TWINKLE STAR PETALS" with normal petals together.

The more twinkle petals you have in your loop, your bonus goes into the THOUSANDS!

=O
Old 04-29-2009, 01:48 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Lightbulb More points and fewer loops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
My theory is by trying to loop several of those "TWINKLE STAR PETALS" with normal petals together.

The more twinkle petals you have in your loop, your bonus goes into the THOUSANDS!

=O
I tried it just now with Labyrinth watching and we think that the sparkle petals work like this. Let's say you loop 7 petals.

None are sparkle petals = 7 petals.
1 of them is a sparkle petal = 2x7 = 14 petals.
2 of them are sparkle petals = 2x2x7 = 28 petals.
3 of them are sparkle petals = 2x2x2x7 = 56 petals.

So a sparkle is great but 2 or more sparkles are awesome.

And they count for as many points as you would get if you really had looped all those petals!

Stormy Lightningberry

ZAPmathZAP

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 04-29-2009, 05:02 AM
Is a badge hound fairy
View Violet Merryvale's Photo Album
Violet Merryvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 55

My Mood: Balanced
Violet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Yep the more there are the more they double the loop. That is why it is best to get large groups with a sparkle. If you go over the number you need it helps as well, which is why I say leave out the last one you need and then do another loop-with a sparkle if you can!

VM
Old 04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Is a Chicana Fairy
Classick's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Ugh. I'm playing Petal Pick Up at this very moment [game paused] and I can't take this any longer! I noticed it looks like there's evil horns in the game on the bottom, lol. GAAAAHHHHH. This is my FIRST attempt to TRY and get the High Score badge. I'm on level 31 and I have 27,205 points right now. OMG..... It's been about I think 40 minutes now? And DARN IT! I haven't been able to get that huge 9000+ bonus again, what this thread was about. Not that many bonus/twinkle petals coming by. Grrrrrr..... I better get that badge! I need a stretch off this chair before I go back to finish the other half of the game. *Grumpy*

Be back later.

UPDATE:

OOOOOHHHHH MAAAAHHH GOOOOOSSSSH!!!!!

I DID IT!
AND I HAVE PROOF!
AND OMG! I'M SO FLAPPIN' EXCITED!
I GOT THE BADGE ON MY FIRST TRY!!!!!
AND THAT'S NOT THE BEST PART!
I CAN SHOW YOU GUYS HOW I DID IT! WHOO!!

Okie, okie, okie *deep breath*.. wheeeewwww....

Alright. So after I stretched my legs from the first half of my attempt and had a little snack, I went back on the game and decided to finish. Several times I thought to just quit but I kept INSISTING, "I'm halfway theeere" and cheering myself on, lol. Unless someone was whispering me cheers from behind, I don't know, lol.

But anyway! SCREEN SHOT TIME! THIS IS MY PROOF TO YOU ALL THAT MY THEORY WORKS!!!!!!!
When the GREAT GAME DAYS ARRIVES, DO THIS!

I'll break it down for you all as you view each screen shot so you can get a visual of HOW to do it, and not just see an image of me doing it, but so that you'll be able to attempt this yourselves.

Alright, I'm on level 33 and I gotta pick them rose petals up. When you have only ONE type of petal to select, the better your chances are to get a bonus in the thousands. So right now in this visual, I'm holding back some petals from floating away. In the image they are floating to the left. I hold the petals back to let more fly forward, that way I can trap them in my loop. But MOST IMPORTANTLY, gather the petals with the twinkle/sparkle/star whatever you wanna call it on them and DO NOT let go of them, make sure when you loop that those bonus petals doesn't escape.

I'm patience for the petals to fly into my trap. The pixie dust line will disappear after a while but be sure to quickly make a new replacement of pixie dust there to keep your petals in place. I tend to move my pixie dust line up forward bit by bit by bit after the petals bounce off, and move the pixie dust line in quicker so I can move them away from their "exit". Hope you guys understand that correctly, if not, I'll make a short vid for you to view exactly what I mean. Also, I don't bother circling the bee symbols or air symbol that takes away bees and the wind from blowing the petals. The only thing I circle is the timer when I need more time to gather more petals into my loop. Try whatever works best for you.

In this image I've collected all the petals. As you see one of the "BONUS PETALS" with the sparkle is left out the loop. I made sure not to close the loop out on those petals because they make a BIG difference on the score. I re-looped it again and made sure I had all the petals in there before closing the loop.

Whoo hoo!! Check out my bonus score! Not bad huh? Took a couple bonus petals, 3 exact and a couple normal ones without the sparkle. Not as big as my FIRST big bonus score which was a little over 9,000. Read all about it on the first page of this post, lol.

Here's ANOTHER attempt I did to make another BIG BONUS score later on in the same game. Yup, still going, lol. Well this is another example of backing up petals. I'm holding them so they don't float away, which btw are floating towards the left. I'm waiting for all the petals to gather up so I can get them in one easy loop.

And right here, you can see the bumble bee breaking my pixie dust line. No problem, just make another one quick right after that. Also, the petals have gathered up together for me to loop!

OMG! NOOOOOOOO WAY! I WAS IN ABSOLUTE...... TOTAL..... SHOCK.... WHEN I SAW THIS! It's MORE than my first big bonus score! This is HUMONGOUS! WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!! AWESOME HUH?! YOU CAN DO IT TOO! I KNOW U CAN! IF I DID THIS ON MY FIRST TRY, WHY CAN'T YOU?! Lol. Utterly amazing. Totally flapptastic! Lol. YEEEEEAAAA BAAAABYYY!

Okie.. just a REMINDER how to do it all over again, lol. This time the petals are floating to the right and I'm backing up those petals with my pixie dust line so I don't loose them and waiting for more to come.

I got all my petals in place and I'm ready to final the loop! Be sure to don't leave any petals out ESPECIALLY the bonus petals with the sparkle on them!

And there's my BONUS! Yay! Okay now it's YOUR turn to go try it! Try my THEORY! Really! It works! I just proved it to you AAAAAAND showed you how!

And THAT there is my score after I FINISHED the game. Yay! I KNOW U CAN DO IT!! U CAN!

And THIS is the ENDING PRIZE. I picked the ROSES of course, daisies and buttercups are easier to get. Plus I still needed my flitterific badge for the Roses.

At the end of my voyage, I got my BADGE! Yippie! What a day it was today on the Hollow! GREAT for me! Lol.

Had to share this with you all like I said I would. =]

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-29-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: minor adjustment
Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Kinda inactive.
View EllaFlutterBreeze's Photo Album
EllaFlutterBreeze's Fairy
Awards Showcase
PHF Winter Award 2016 Happy Holidays'14 Award Design A Furniture Item Participation Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award 
Total Awards: 17

My Mood: Woot
EllaFlutterBreeze has chosen their Fairy magic
Thanks for the advice..how many points do you need to get to get the high score of Petal Pickup?

congrats Classick?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:03 PM
wants those Twirly Boots!
View slightlyremoved's Photo Album
slightlyremoved's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2011 Award Winter Solstice Award Autumn 2010 Award Summer 2010 Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award Summer Fun Screenshot Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: owoooo
slightlyremoved has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Oh my holy moly! That's a SUPER HIGH score for petal pick up. CONGRATS!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Is a Chicana Fairy
Classick's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Lol, I know HUH slightly?! It's AWESOME! You should definitely try it! I was in complete shock too! Wait, I think I still am! Lol.

BTW Ella, I think it's 40,000 max to get the badge but I wanted to see how far I could go and finished the whole thing at level 51. =]
Old 05-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Is a Chicana Fairy
Classick's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I don't think everyone read this.. but just wanted to bring this up to remind you all to give this theory... which I proved, lol.. a try! It sure will increase your chances of winning a badge!