PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old Save Pixie Hollow! All Discussion of PH's Closing v.2 *Mega-Thread*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:58 PM
Meh. Like. Bunnehz. o_O
View WindyMoonlily's Photo Album
WindyMoonlily's Fairy
My Mood: BerryNice
WindyMoonlily has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Animal Talent
Same!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver LightflowerPH View Post
I was watching a Pixie Hollow video and I heard that whisper noise and I clicked on the tab were I would put PH but then I realized that it was just a video andI was all depressed *Sigh* I sure do miss PH..
This happened to me as well. I was watching some videos from Pixie Hollow because I wanted to remember what it looked like and the whole aspect of things, if you catch my flight. So I was looking at the screen, and an alert came up saying "Nightfall has entered Pixie Hollow!" I normally "exit" those out (I NEVER turn of alerts!) so I went over to the "exit" button and clicked, but then I just paused the screen... Sad day.

Fly safely!
Windy Moonlily
Old 04-14-2014, 01:06 AM
Meh. Like. Bunnehz. o_O
View WindyMoonlily's Photo Album
WindyMoonlily's Fairy
My Mood: BerryNice
WindyMoonlily has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Animal Talent
Exclamation *new york times states real reason ph closed!

Here is what it says:

"Disney interactive unit cuts a quarter of its staff." (this means that they fired around 700 people that worked for the Disney Interactive Media group...including PH... but they didn't fire them for doing something bad. So, every company has to make enough money in order to pay employees. The Disney Interactive Media websites (PH, POTCO, and TT) did not make enough money to have all of the employees work there, so they had to fire them.) Here is more of what it says "The DIH (Disney Interactive Headquarters) in Glendale CA (this is where PH is. I looked it up.) says: Disney is struggling with Internet/Online Play (internet division) and laid off (meaning fired for not a bad reason, but for company reasons) 700 employees on THURSDAY, or 26% of its global staff (UK included) that includes a shift in how they advertise. Layoffs (firings) were long expected (expected to happen soon) but not at this rate (not this high; not so many people laid off)" THIS PART IS IMPORTANT: "This came as a result of Disneys decision to COMBINE TWO BUSINESSES: mobile games (iPads, iPhones etc) and sagging social games (Like PH, and the other closed-down interactive sites).”

So you know how younger kids who LOVE Disney Fairies and PH can't really play on the computer (which was the only way to play PH) because its too complicated, so they just play on iPads and tablets?
THAT is why they are trying to expand the whole "Focusing on Mobile Play” thing so that the little kids can play on those sort of things, without the hassle of the computer. BUT disney is also trying to figure out a way so that the kids will stay connected with the iPad games, and the teenagers (aka 10-ish years old and up) will stay online.

Does this make sense? This is EXTREMELY important!

Link/Source:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/07/bu...orce.html?_r=0

Fly safely!
Windy Moonlily
Old 04-14-2014, 02:28 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Cnet posted about this a month ago, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn1234, old Pixie Hollow Closing Megathread
But the real pinnacle of information is this one right here. I recently thought that the layoffs in January were bad, until this came out. Disney Interactive just laid off 26% of its workforce--that's a little over a quarter. And according to this article, its coming from its "gaming and Internet division".
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNET
"Reportedly, Disney Interactive has since experienced $1.41 billion in losses, along with hundreds of layoffs in 2011, the closing of video-game production studios, and canceled projects."
Guys, I know you want Pixie Hollow back. I do too. But Disney Interactive has been having a lot of problems--even with the benefit of Disney Infinity helping them out--and just doesn't have the money or resources to bring back Pixie Hollow right now, if at all.

Please, just try to see it from their perspective.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Our fairies are in our ♥s
View PixieHollowForever's Photo Album
PixieHollowForever's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Arcade Champ Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 2016 Holiday Traditions Contest PHF Winter Award 2016 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: fairyish
PixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Water Talent Light Talent
To build on that, maybe the reason they closed them down and left CP open is because it probably has simpler programming (it definitely has simpler graphics), making it easier to test it on a mobile app, and maybe if it works, they'll work on making PH, POTCO, and TT apps.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:35 PM
❤️🌟❤️Hi I'm Kenzie!❤️🌟❤️
View kenzie404's Photo Album
kenzie404's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer Solstice Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Arcade Champ St. Patrick Day 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Butterfly-ish
kenzie404 is a Fast Flyerkenzie404 is a Fast Flyerkenzie404 is a Fast Flyerkenzie404 is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Mistyvalley View Post
Yes, I was in Target the other day and they still have the toys on the shelves with codes for PH. Good one, Disney.

On another note... I came across a video featuring my fairy. I remember making this video and once again, I was hit with so many vivid memories of our dear PH.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
I remember being in that video with you,isabel,and jade! Oh the memories! I miss you guys so much! I hope one day disney will have a reality check soon and realize closing pixie hollow was a BIG mistake.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:57 AM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Sometimes...

Sometimes I go on the forums and I look at my friends albums..
I look at all those picture and I start to cry
I do this when I look at my pics two...
Do any of you do this? *sobsob*
Old 04-19-2014, 03:02 AM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
yeah, sometimes I do too.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:49 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 

Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Not the only ones

I just realized something.
All those people out there who played the games that closed.
They all died on the inside when it was closing, we only had 30 days to try our best to keep it open, but we failed. But I know its being rewritten and I'm not sure about that. I'm not giving up hope or anything like that. Its just that Disney ruined it all for me and for most of us. They just shattered the magic.
Breaking our hearts and left waiting for something that should have never happened.
I found this article that talked about it:
"A corporation the size and magnitude of Disney could easily keep several online gaming platforms open but instead shatter the dreams and hopes of 1000's of families who play their online multi-player games. With the promise of something bigger and better. In the world of technology things are always changing but in the world of family and the magic that is Disney, we love the classic, the known and wonderful world that Disney has created. Now with 100000's of fans being given only 30 days to save their favorite games."

It also said this:
"'There is nothing out there similar, so I am not sure what, if anything, I will do at this point,' she said. 'I have a feeling that the mobile world in which we live in is evolving so quickly that if a game will continue to live on, it has to be played in a mobile format. They aren't available for tablets or mobile phones, so I believe that the company is making the decision based on profits and platforms.'

Disney sent the following statement: 'Disney Interactive is committed to offering high-quality, entertaining play experiences in both online virtual worlds and mobile apps. At this time, we are shifting our development focus towards other online and mobile play experiences, such as Club Penguin and a growing selection of Disney Mobile apps."

Link: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1024578
Old 07-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I wanted to cry reading that.... AND IT WAS ON CNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 09:42 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa Diamondflower View Post
I wanted to cry reading that.... AND IT WAS ON CNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea I know, I guess our uproar did reach the news :O
Old 07-21-2014, 09:52 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Wow, it was on CNN!? :O
Old 07-22-2014, 03:20 AM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
Awards Showcase

There was a second post to that article:
"Based on these events, I think the end of the few games available for kids, adults, and families is a serious mistake for our communities and our children. We urge you to seriously reconsider at least some other options and the passions behind why the Disney games are so important to all of us, now and for our future.
Disney executives -All we are asking you is to reconsider ways to increase your fan base and continue the games. So I post this letter, in this forum, in hopes to receive more than a "canned" response.

Dear Disney,
As you can tell by the number of views on the story, "Disney Shatters the Magic" that this is something that people care about. We are asking to be heard.
We accept the fact that the online world you have helped created is closing due to it being no longer a fiscally sound investment for Disney. As adults, we understand. Our children however, do not understand. They do not understand how something that they love could go away. For them, it is like losing a best friend or a beloved pet. They have a companion in this game that will never bully them or make fun of them in the safe environment that you have created and perfected. There is no other match out there.

Your world and our world are two different things. You have shareholders and we have children, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews. We are a community that was built through the playing of your games. We are loyal to all things Disney. It is our love for these games, that we will not stand down and have the big bad “Corporate Raiders” and “The Big Cheese’s” take us out. We are asking you– what can we do? Is there anyway to save our games? As a community, we would just like some answers as we do not want to go down without a fight. The cause is so important to our families and children and the future of our children.

However, as realists, we know that our days are numbered as canned responses to our emails, letters and online postings are all we get. Please give us a chance to learn the real story and a chance to look at different options for our beloved game(s).
What can we do? Have you considered other options? Surely there is a market based on the amount of attention that the closing has received.

1.Licensing the game to another gaming company?
2.Revamping the game and do a re-launch in a new platform?
3.Increase the price and eliminate free memberships?
4. Add on optional extras that people can purchase to enhance game play.
5. Eliminate the free accounts to one district, if offering them at all.
6. Let us purchase smarter doodles, nicer cars, special clothing items, etc.
7. Block the injector since MOST hacks are done through it. That would save a ton in customer service calls and complaints. Not to say there would be no hacking, but it would be reduced significantly.
8. Consider extending the close date for another year to allow time for the new Games 2 or a better platform to be developed. At least respect the loyal fans and "characters" and allow them proper time to finish what they have worked so hard on and to prepare to possibly start over with a new and better Disney game.

We have confidence that you will provide something that is better than Club Penguin. Club Penguin is an insult to our children and does not build a sustaining loyal fan base.
"

Then with Jessie Schell:
[B]"Schell said that "kids need to learn to type and communicate." He wanted to create a safe and positive game environment. Schell states, "When you really care about what your game is going to do to somebody and you really care about ...man when people experience this I want it to kind of make them into better people....Nothing feels better than the feeling that someone else cares...""

Jessie really did care... I feel so bad for him...

Link: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1027189

~Silver Lightflower
"May PH forever live on in our hearts"

EDIT: This kinda makes me think of a scene of hunger games were Katniss is protecting Gale and the guy pulls out a weapon and shes all like go ahead but with us with protecting PH and were katniss and the guy is Disney trying to pull it away from us..

Last edited by Mommy 2 Jules; 07-22-2014 at 05:16 PM. Reason: non-g