PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow > Way Beyond the Hollow

Way Beyond the Hollow Off Topic Archive Forum

Old Legend of Korra - NEW Avatar series!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Wishful
glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
I thought for sure that Iroh character was Zuko! I SO wanted it to be Zuko!
Old 06-23-2012, 04:18 PM
very quiet lately
View Rin's Photo Album
Rin's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 59

My Mood: Cheeky
Rin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I really liked the finale. I didn't think they would be able to cover everything in just an hour but it worked pretty well.

Spoiler for Season Finale:
Listening to Iroh speak more just confirms that he sounds way too young for his age. I thought he was very cool during the whole plane scene though.

As for the way Korra gets her bending back, I thought it was a little too convenient. It seemed like she was so sad not even a minute earlier and as soon as she has her powers back, she is all smiles and happier than ever. Maybe they had to rush it a bit, but it seemed awkward to me. I thought she would spend part of the next season learning how to get it back, but now that Amon is gone, I'm curious as to what the next season will be about.

Also, I was totally laughing when Amon revealed his "bacon face"
Old 06-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Proud Mom Fairy!
View Lila Mossgarden's Photo Album
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 115

My Mood: Baking
Lila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Just some quick trivia:

Mako is voiced by David Faustino - a.k.a. Bud Bundy for those of us who've seen Married with Children - now I'm going to see his face whenever I watch the series!

Tenzin's voice actor is super famous, too. He was in OZ, West Wing, Spiderman 3, etc and does tons of voices like Batman series, American Dad, Simpsons, and zillions more.

Lin Beifong - OMG - Frau Farbissina from the Austin Powers movies

Also I am so surprised at how many of the voice actors worked on the same shows - Winx Club, Mad Men, etc.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Goodbye! <3
View Autumn Sunshimmer's Photo Album
Autumn Sunshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Signature Donation Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Skillful Shopper's Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 48

My Mood: Moving
Autumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the Queen
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Also, the voice actress for Katara in the last series is the same voice actress for Tinkerbell

The season finale was just... wow!
The ending, with Amon and Tarrlok! That was such a sad scene, in my opinion.
It was the definitely one of the best season finales I've seen this year.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:24 PM
//inactive//
View Molly_wa's Photo Album
Molly_wa's Fairy
Awards Showcase
J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2012 Award Klingon Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Musical
Molly_wa is a Fast FlyerMolly_wa is a Fast FlyerMolly_wa is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
SO MANY FEELS OMG.
okay so, i'm sure we all know that the avatar staff is pretty boss at season finales. like, they're all awesome. so i had a LOT of hope for this one. and that hope was well placed.

Spoiler for my thoughts on the finale:
i thought it was awesome that amon wasn't someone we already knew - but that he still had a connection to another character. also the whole makeup/fake scar thing was an amazing twist. at first i was like "oh tarrlok lied to protect his bro, that's loyalty right there man" and then the bloodbending and the fake scar omg. the last scene w/ those two was sad 'cause after that stuff with tarrlok coming through for korra i didn't want him to die but i'm glad amon's gone.

on the subject of korra getting her bending back, i, too, feel it was a bit rushed. and while i liked the whole dramatic aspect of lin losing her bending permanently, i couldn't NOT be happy when she got it back. i do like the way they did it, though, with aang's spirit. so needless to say i was happy with that.

i never really minded dante voicing iroh ii all that much, except for the fact that every time iroh ii talks i start fangirling. oh and bumi was awesome, even though we only saw him for like 5 seconds. AND THE PART W/ THE AIR BABIES omg. i was ready to die when they showed up at the rally.

also i dont know about anyone else but the whole bending-being-taken-away thing, i was thinking about the chakras and stuff, and there's some stuff to do with that that lead me to believe it was all an illusion? like there's a chakra on your forehead, i think, thats blocked by illusion. so i assumed korra wouldnt get her bending back until next season and she'd get some awesome spirit world trip to aang and learn about the chakras and be like "OMG i could bend this whole time lolwut".

tl;dr - i liked the connection amon had to the characters we already know, and that he wasn't someone we already knew. the fake scar thing was so awesome. i loved the way they did the whole lin-getting-her-bending-back, i cheered like crazy. i don't mind dante's voice that much. bumi was epic. when the air babies + tenzin were at the rally i almost died. and i thought that the bending-being-taken-away thing would be an illusion.

so all in all i was VERY VERY VERY VERY happy with these two episodes. nothing's ever perfect, but i'll say this came pretty close to perfect.

Last edited by Molly_wa; 06-28-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:50 AM
crabby old lady fairy!
View Grace Moonglow's Photo Album
Grace Moonglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 77

My Mood: Dancing
Grace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Well, my rotten DVR did NOT record the season finale as I had programmed!!
I gave up hoping for another airing (ever SO much better to watch on a bigger screen), so I just watched it online!

Wow!! I loved it!
Meelo is so funny! Great lines & sense of humor! I just die laughing when ever he speaks!

I must admit, I cried from about 7 minutes out to the ending.
And yes, I am a big sap!

sniif, sniff!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Cinnamon, animal talent
View zuri227's Photo Album
zuri227's Fairy
My Mood: Dreaming
zuri227 is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent
I LOVE Korra. I am a HUGE fan of the original. I liked Toph, but my favorite character was Sokka. He was soooooo funny! Now Bo Lin is my favorite. He's funny too, but I miss Sokka
Old 07-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
I agree Zuri, one must miss Sokka's sarcastic humor ^^; and Toph was so great in overcoming her disability by seeing through earthbending that it's so hard not to like her even though she can be quite harsh.

Sig by Olivia, thankiis
Pixie Page | Profile | Shop | Userpage
Old 07-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Cupcake :)
View CookiezPrincess's Photo Album
CookiezPrincess's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Pixieish
CookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Korra,

My thoughts on Korra are, it is very awesome, if you are wanting the original avatar series, this is not it, its its own. She is not Aang, BUT that rocks! It makes it more unique, I am excited for the next season and I am excited to see what they gonna do with it The seen when Korra got her bending back, some thought it was rushed, but I thought it was just like perfect, if they had left it like that for next season, fans would have had a panic attack. I know when she got it back, I was like OMG! yay! I also love the kiss, but something I realized if anyone else did, he didn't officially break it off with Asami, in fact it looked like he was trying to patch things up! Cant wait to see what she thinks after she finds out that! Haha I think that Asami will get mad at Korra and Mako when or if we officially find out they together, and she will go join her father and the equals, I only have one complaint with the show, I think that it strange that we don't see more of the animal side kicks, like with Appa he was big a part of the show, kinda their ride, And Momo used to help kick but on the bad guys, but now that there are cars, you rarely see her polar-bear dog, and we hardly see Pabu, it like oh there is Pabu, just interesting to me. Something I am curious about, When Tenzin and his family got taken, we had no flash back of how they got taken, which was like what happened in-between the time we saw them last? For me I am just curious how it happen, and how the mother and their new son didn't get taken.Just my thoughts, also I am curious where we are gonna go from here, it like Amon could not have just died after what Tarrlok did I mean can he? Do they have a bigger bad guy planned or something? Or maybe their father never really died? Who knows! So these are some things to be curious about and I am SO excited for next season wish we didn't have to wait so long , BUT that is what makes it like leave the fans wanting more

Last edited by Onionleaf; 07-08-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: fixed spoiler tag
Old 07-06-2012, 05:24 PM
//inactive//
View Molly_wa's Photo Album
Molly_wa's Fairy
Awards Showcase
J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2012 Award Klingon Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Musical
Molly_wa is a Fast FlyerMolly_wa is a Fast FlyerMolly_wa is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
couple things just came to mind.
uhm so numero uno; bryke [the writers/creators] said in an interview that amon was a season 1 arc. they were originally only expecting to have one season, which is probably why it seems rushed at times and why amon is a season 1 character.
dos;
Spoiler for dos:
when tenzin and the airbabies get taken and his wife and new son don't - tenzin and the airbabies were taken because they're benders. we know pema isn't a bender, so maybe the new baby isn't a bender either? idk just throwing that out there.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Cupcake :)
View CookiezPrincess's Photo Album
CookiezPrincess's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Pixieish
CookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Hmm,

I know, but it like what happened in-between, last episode we saw them getting away, then the next they are taken, and oh that is interesting that the only planned on having one season lol it like hmm i just curious thx for the info
Old 07-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Listening to LET IT GO!:D
View xXKitty_LunaXx's Photo Album
xXKitty_LunaXx's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 33

My Mood: Exasperated
xXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent
Heart Awesome!

As you can see im a fan of avatar! This will be awesome to watch! I heard that she gets to use all of the bending talents! I can't wait to watch!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Cinnamon, animal talent
View zuri227's Photo Album
zuri227's Fairy
My Mood: Dreaming
zuri227 is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris Waterdew View Post
I agree Zuri, one must miss Sokka's sarcastic humor ^^; and Toph was so great in overcoming her disability by seeing through earthbending that it's so hard not to like her even though she can be quite harsh.
I particularly liked how Sokka kept forgetting that Toph was blind. I also liked how Toph called Aang "Twinkle toes." My favorite Sokka moments were:
1. Cactus juice! It'll quench ya! etc.
2. Sparky sparky boom man
3. When he pretended to be Aang's dad
4. Foo foo cuddly poops