PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Site Content > Polls & Surveys

Polls & Surveys In here are polls and surveys about Disney and Pixie Hollow that you may participate in and/or create. New threads are moderated in this forum.

Old Remembering Schelly's - Hair Evolution

Login or Register now to see less ads.

View Poll Results: What was your shopping style at Schelly's?
I visited Schelly all the time, I always wanted to try something new 15 22.73%
I rarely made any major changes to my fairy's hair 24 36.36%
I had more than one fairy, and some of them changed their hair often and some didn't 22 33.33%
I never changed my hair or added highlights! :O 5 7.58%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Still Tinkertastic ♥
View Lila Starshine's Photo Album
Lila Starshine's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Magical
Lila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Remembering Schelly's - Hair Evolution

As far as Schelly's customers went, I feel like there were two camps. One, whose members were ready and willing to experiment with new dyes and colors; if it was new, bring it on! And another, whose members would barely add a highlight color to their arrival day hairstyle.

I have to admit, my fairies were part of the second camp. It was, of course, easier with the earlier (better) create-a-fairy hairstyles to fall in love with your original look. With my first three fairies, their hair evolution was pretty subtle...except for Chloe, who never changed her hair at all. Like no highlights, nothing. She did Girly Curlies once but only for a week of Great Games days!

So what was your hair evolution like? Did anything change wildly from one day to the next? Or did you pretty much stick with what you arrived with? I'd love to see pictures! On that note, here's Lila's hair evolution in images...

Spoiler for Image Intense Hair Evolution - Lila Starshine:
Click the image to view the full version
Lila's first hair, ever. I used to wear my hair pulled back with a wavy, pinned loose-bun type thing that looked a lot like this, and since Lila was to be me as a fairy, it made sense to choose this style! She of course has awesome-cool anime bangs which I do not have

Something about the neater, tightened up bun suited a lot of Lila's fashion, so she switched to this Bunny Bun. I still love this bun which is why my AU fairy Sunrise has it ^_^

Great Games Days happened, and this new hair back was too cute to pass up. So Lila let her hair down...but only for a few weeks!

Schelly started offering highlights! Lila didn't go too extreme, but she did add a little red in order to look more "auburn" which is usually what people tell me my hair color is

This is Lila's final style. A softer version of her original hair front, with a loosed version of her bun (but not too loose, like her arrival day style). It really felt like the perfect balance, and her highlights look less obvious with this style too. I probably would have kept her hair like this forever <3
Old 10-05-2013, 09:40 AM
nostalgic
View Twinklesky's Photo Album
Twinklesky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Memory Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Butterfly-ish
Twinklesky has disabled reputation
Garden Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Smile Well...

Well, Gloria, Karina, Stella, and Cupcake tended to change their hairstyles a lot. In fact, at one point, Karina had Electric Purple hair (I'll find a picture of that somewhere ) and Cupcake had blue hair. Most of my fairies never strayed too far from the Side Swept Bangs, though- some of the first hairstyles I would get my non-member fairies were those bangs! I'd say most of my fairies ended up in the first camp.

Ooh, and I love your idea of hair evolution in images! ^_^
Old 10-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Happy New Year!
View Daisy GlitterConfetti's Photo Album
Daisy GlitterConfetti's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd Arcade Champ Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Adventurous
Daisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I picked I never made any major changes.
Sometimes I changed my hair alot, sometimes I didn't. There was one month that I kept changing my fairy's hairstyle cuz i couldn't find the right one. At the beginning of the month I had straight black hair with the front hairstlye where it was kinda bangs and kinda wasn't. At the end of the month I had had Red hair with green highlights, Red hair with orange highlights, Blue hair, Electric green hair, and prob some other hairstyles too. But I ended up picking kinda short kinda not Red hair with side bangs. I kept that hairstyle for a while.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Flitterific Garden Fairy
View Coconut Tulippetal's Photo Album
Coconut Tulippetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 102

My Mood: fairyish
Coconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
I wasn't changing them a lot, because I was only a member three times. (and I mostly had no Pixie Diamonds) But when I was a member, I would always go to Schelly's.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Remembering fun times...
View Bellflower Mistyvale's Photo Album
Bellflower Mistyvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: Baking
Bellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent
It's been so long that I don't even remember what Bell's original hairstyle was. When I logged back in for the first time in a few years back in October of last year, Bell had a curly hairstyle (which was similar to my own hair at the time). Once I reconnected with her and bought a membership, I went straight to Shelly's and picked out a hairstyle I just LOVED on her - the side-swept bangs and her signature big ponytail! I just couldn't change it after that because I loved it so much and it just became her thing. Now that the Hollow is closed, of course, I do sometimes wish I could go try out some others, but oh well. Just going back and looking at her pictures just makes me miss her adorable little face!! Here is Bell with her hairstyle a year ago and then her final hairstyle:
Spoiler for "[IMG:

Last edited by Bellflower Mistyvale; 10-05-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Is a Pixie
View Tanglethorn's Photo Album
Tanglethorn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer Solstice Award 2017 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 End of the Rainbow Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Autumn 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 50

Tanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A list
Tinker Talent Water Talent Light Talent
I also didn't change my fairies hair much, I had a few tweeks once and awhile but once I found something I liked I usually kept it, but also because I was a usually not a member and wasn't going to spend diamonds on it.

I also took hair evolution images for Ruby She really only ever had 2 or 3 hair changes but I was considering lots of options.
Spoiler for Ruby's Styles:

When I was planning her in my head this front is what I thought I wanted her hair to be, but when I made her and actually tried it on it just didn't seem to be what I wanted or have a back that worked.

This is what I actually ended up with, which I think I bought immediately when I was lucky enought to get a membership-glitch (that is after the required create-a-fairy hairstyle which I think was the center part and short bob)

*this one looks like it has highlights that she didn't actually have, or is strawberry red that she started with until they released ladybug red.

Towards the end I was getting tired of red hair and was considering blonde or a new style but when they annouced the closing (when I would have been able change her hair) I decided to stay true to how she was.
Here's what I considered:

Blonde (trying to find the right shade- not sure that I did)

Blonde with highlights

Other color options

*Vidia Black and some of the browns I liked but I would have prefered a black-auburn.

Cut/Style Options

*I liked these but they didn't seem to blend very well into her back style IMO and I didn't find one I liked that did.

I always loved the soft highlights with this style, but it didn't quite look like Ruby to me

I think I might have ended up with this eventually if PH had stayed open, but I would have had to play around with backstyle and base and highlight colors to get something I really liked. I do like her backstyle but it highlights rather drastically and not in the same way as the new front.

Sorry for the gigantic list, if you can believe it there are still a few highlight variation that I considerded but didn't photograph.

Last edited by Tanglethorn; 10-05-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rose Starbloom's Photo Album
Rose Starbloom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Pixieish
Rose Starbloom is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Garden Talent
Rainbow

Hi Lila,

I went to Schelly's Hair Salon a lot! I was definitely in the first camp. First I had what everyone had, then I changed to curls once I was a member, then I had wavy hair, then I changed with super super curly curls, and then at the end, I ended up with regular curls. Now that I remember all this I know for sure that I was in the first camp!

Fairy sparkles and wishes,
Rose

P. S. I love those pictures, Tanglethorn! Ruby is one stylish fairy!
Old 10-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Hazel's hairstyle didn't change all that much during the course of her nine months. Brown usually suited her tan complexion, so I usually stuck with that. One time, I was super adventurous and tried blonde with pink highlights--BAD IDEA! I probably kept it for all of about two hours.

I shall try to show you Hazel's "Evolution" hairstyles through really bad pics.

Spoiler for Hazel's Hairstyles:

1: I don't have a picture of when she first arrived, but I do have tons of pictures of her first hairstyle. Here is her a few weeks after she arrived:

2: After Hazel became a member, she changed her hair to the ponytail and bangs, adding highlights. I think the highlights were Sienna Brown, and her base color was still Chocolate Brown, her Arrival Day color.

3: She got the Stars and Strands back, and changed to Umber Brown with Cherry Brown highlights. I truly adored this combo! I kept it for a few months.

4: After the closing was announced, I decided I really wanted Hazel to get back to her "natural" self. I went back to the first hairstyle she had, but changed it slightly. I got the Bunny Tail Bun, and her old front.

5. About a week or two before the Hollow closed, I decided Hazel looked much better with the Swept-Up Bun. So I went back to that, and now that's where we're at!

Good poll, Lila!
Old 10-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
My fairies didn't change their hairstyles much at all. Except for Eve--her hairstyle was maybe changed once or twice a year. Her most recent hair style I had on her for over a year.

Spoiler for Pictures:
What Eve probably looked like on her Arrival Day. This was taken in 2011--just so that I could try to remember what she looked like way back in Spring 2009.

Eve Stardust's hairstyle today.

Trinity changed her hairstyle a few times.
Spoiler for Pictures:
Her most drastic change was when she decided to become a "new" Trinity--one that didn't stand in the backround all the time. She dyed it Strawberry Red, and changed her hairstyle to the Starstrands Back style.

She kept it for a surprisingly long time, until I decided to change her back to her usual brown, and would make it wavy and natural. She looked better that way--it really expressed who she was.

The only other change I can think of was for the Fashion Spotlight of July--she dressed up as Princess Elsa, so she had some work done on her hair.

After the final winners had been announced at the end of July, she dyed her hair back... but kept the braid, since she had been wearing it for so long, she was used to it! She kept it like that until the end of August, when she switched back to her usual wavy hairstyle.

Ginger... Ginger's hairstyle really didn't change.
Spoiler for Pictures:
When she had arrived, I changed her into her usual style, and it stayed like that. The only times it changed was for the June 2013 Fashion Spotlight (where she dyed it black and made it long-ish), and in July, she changed it into fun buns, like Kit's.

EDIT: Well, it looks like that new free-image-downloading program I was testing out... failed. Oh well. Pictures coming (back) soon!

Last edited by popcorn1234; 10-07-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:57 PM
I Love Pixie hollow :)
View KarinaPixie's Photo Album
KarinaPixie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Spring 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Adventurous
KarinaPixie has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Heart Karina..

I'm the type of person who always needs to change look.And by changing my look,it always had to be a different hair as well!I never tried anything too dramatic..I always kept it sweet and simple
Old 10-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Gone camping
View RiverLunaMorningvalley's Photo Album
RiverLunaMorningvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award Thankful For Award EKB Meme Award 
Total Awards: 34

RiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
What a great thread, Lila!

Spoiler for River's Hair Evolution:
River's first hairstyle, when she arrived in the Hollow was nothing special. It looked like the typical newbie haircut and River didn't decide to keep it very long. Once she pretty much knew the lay of the land, she headed straight to Schelly's.

The hairstyle she picked out was pretty cute. It was ginger (obviously) and the front was layered with pink highlights that came with the front! The back was matching and was wavy and shoulder length.

Time passed, and River grew tired of her hairstyle. So, once again, she flew off to Schelly's and picked out long red hair. VERY long hair. It was the wavy long back with the matching front. (Same front as Jezzi's) This was most likely the hairstyle tat River wore the longest until one day in May, she decided to change it yet again, (and the last time, too!)

River picked out her favorite hairstyle yet! She currently still has it and plans to keep it that way!

BUT! That's not the end of her hair evolution story! During late August, River did Disney Princess Lookalikes and changed her hair a bit for that.

Haha! This thread seems like the perfect place to put a very funny video I found! Enjoy!

Spoiler for Bad Hair Day:
Lol! Snail slime!

All credit goes to Mulberry Tulipheart. I did not make this video, nor do I own it.

~ Luna

Last edited by Onionleaf; 10-05-2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: fixed youtube link
Old 10-05-2013, 07:24 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I loved changing my hair. Even though PH messed up a lot of styles, I really liked using the ones that I could actually stand, and mixing and matching. But over the last year or so, I haven't really changed them much. I guess I finally found the styles I liked best!
Spoiler for My three fairies:
Old 10-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Arizona on my mind...
View Bug's Photo Album
Bug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 107

My Mood: Purrfect
Bug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
My girls changed their hair when something new came out that really fit their look or personality but not very often. Cozy changed her hair maybe 4 times over almost 6 years & the last was just a subtle front change...she wore her hair much like mine!! Everyone needs a makeover once in awhile & so did my fairies lol ;}

Where Dreams Really Do Come True TY Stormy
Old 10-05-2013, 10:08 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I rarely changed Twi's hair in the 5 and a half years she flew she had
4 hairstyles. Her Arrival day hairstyle which was an updo, much like Tink's
but it was Grape Purple in color.

Then when I got membership Twi changed it to Mushroom White,
side swept bangs and pigtails~

Then Twi changed the color to Soft Orange and a bob style back~

Her final look and my favorite Soft Orange with Fruitwood Brown highlights
and an updo back~

Nightfall had a few until I found the right one, but it was always black in color~

Ella was always looking for the perfect style~

~Twi
Old 10-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
What a fun thread!
Alexia Arrived in the Hollow with the usual short hair front and back until she became a Member.
Her preferred hairstyle was simple but framed her face well. I don't have a high-quality picture of her at the time, but found a couple of images in my album:

When the new hairstyles came out, she bought the mousey buns and long hair strands and had not wanted to change them since. I thought that particular fringe cut suited her, and I've always wanted to grow my hair long on the Mainland so I let Alexia have long hair, but the type that wouldn't get in the way of her tinkering work too much. My love for anime may have also influenced my decision but I honestly felt that it was the hairstyle that fit Alexia and her fashion style best.

The only times I've changed Alexia's hairstyle was for costumes or events, which was changed back to the usual style after a week or two. Her highlights would always be different (since I would always tend to choose the one that fit the outfit best at the time) but once she found her favorite shade of Hawk Brown (which probably looks most like my own hair color), she kept it that way all the time.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki