PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Pixie Hollow Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors

Pixie Hollow Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors Discussions about your ideas or possible changes for Pixie Hollow go here!

Old Pixie Hollow Private Server

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:47 AM
BK
View Dawn Daisydew's Photo Album
Dawn Daisydew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Summer Award Spring 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Bored
Dawn Daisydew has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
In the mean time, it would be very helpful if some fairies would be interested in learning Actionscript, as I could definitely use more helping hands with collecting wardrobe items. Whether or not a private server will be made in the future, at least we can have a collection of outfits to keep. Plus, the items are all stored in a safe place, so if anyone will ever wish to expand the game, the items will already be available. In terms of copyright issues, I don't see how it would matter if the game is not intending to make a profit, but I would have no clue as to how the law of copyright works for retired online games.
Copyright works on anything copyrighted but only when the creator (Disney) feels like putting a stop to it. If they do nothing then wow fantastic but if they take offense then run because they will sue till the cows come home. So why bother as PH is gone let it rest in peace unless its "creator" decides to bring it back.

Last edited by Onionleaf; 05-18-2014 at 02:27 AM. Reason: shortened quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Derp.
View Figfig's Photo Album
Figfig's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Pixie Resolutions Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Cheerful
Figfig has disabled reputation
Garden Talent Animal Talent
I agree with Dawn one-hundred percent. I'm not messing with Disney; they're not all sunshine and rainbows when it comes to what's rightfully theirs, I bet. Also (and I hate repeating myself) but I feel like, even if you patched up a site like PH that slipped passed the all-seeing-eye of Disney, I honestly think it would NOT be worth all the effort and that it would NOT be the same!

But I will not say I give up this time. I have the same heart for PH as you do. This time, I will say remember PH well, have hopes for a reopening in the future if you will, but live your life happily without it until maybe that happens. Don't try to pry the flower's bloom open before it's time, or it will not live up to it's full and natural beauty.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figfig View Post
I agree with Dawn one-hundred percent. I'm not messing with Disney; they're not all sunshine and rainbows when it comes to what's rightfully theirs, I bet.
Don't try to pry the flower's bloom open before it's time, or it will not live up to it's full and natural beauty.
I agree too.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:59 AM
Stella Suspeck
View 56GreyJars's Photo Album
56GreyJars's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Splashing
56GreyJars has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figfig View Post
I agree with Dawn one-hundred percent. I'm not messing with Disney; they're not all sunshine and rainbows when it comes to what's rightfully theirs, I bet.
I second that.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:13 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
I'm not 100% certain, but a SWF file maker could be used such as Adobe Flash (are there any other programs out there?), which uses Actionscript code language. Javascript and HTML are also useful programming languages.
I remember reading something (I can't remember exactly what was said) about one possible reason for Pixie Hollow closing was because it was built using Adobe Flash, which apparently is sort of out-dated?

I've been reading a bit about Javascript and Actionscript and from what I understand so far they are simply two different ways of coding things. So I guess my question is.. Could Pixie Hollow or something similar be built with either code? Could you get the same result using different programming?
Old 05-18-2014, 04:29 PM
BK
Dawn Daisydew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverbelle View Post
I remember reading something (I can't remember exactly what was said) about one possible reason for Pixie Hollow closing was because it was built using Adobe Flash, which apparently is sort of out-dated?

I've been reading a bit about Javascript and Actionscript and from what I understand so far they are simply two different ways of coding things. So I guess my question is.. Could Pixie Hollow or something similar be built with either code? Could you get the same result using different programming?
Disney has the money and vast resources to use if they wish to bring back PH. Regardless of Adobe Flash or Javascript or Actionscript it would still be a massive undertaking for someone other than Disney to undertake. The servers Disney used would probably fill any school gym so how many private citizens have access to such resources. Would they bring back PH out of the goodness of their hearts ? For anyone to bring back PH other than Disney would be a monumental undertaking and lets not forget would the quality of PH be maintained by anyone other than Disney. Let us not forget that even if someone with deep pockets does bring back the Hollow they would surly have to contend with Disney copyrighted material unless Disney allowed them to use their material which I am sure would cost a pretty penny as Disney would want its fair share which someone would have to pay which means you and me to pay for it all.
Pixie Hollow is gone let it Rest In Peace, let Disney bring it back if that is what they want but until then let it R.I.P.

Last edited by Dawn Daisydew; 06-24-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:43 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Again -- Thank you for your opinion, but I'm simply asking for some technical information. I don't need to be told over and over what may or may not happen if I was maybe interested in actually doing something like this, but thanks for your concern.

Also, not everyone has or wants to do the same things as everyone else. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but it's not nice to try pushing it onto everybody.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:49 PM
BK
Dawn Daisydew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverbelle View Post
Again -- Thank you for your opinion, but I'm simply asking for some technical information. I don't need to be told over and over what may or may not happen if I was maybe interested in actually doing something like this, but thanks for your concern.

Also, not everyone has or wants to do the same things as everyone else. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but it's not nice to try pushing it onto everybody.
I just want you to be safe as I want other Fairies to be safe as well. Yes you are indeed allowed your opinion but I wouldn't be any kind of friend if I did not point out the pit falls of a private server route. Nobody does Disney like Disney so if it is in the cards that it comes back we should let Disney do it....that is all that I meant.

Last edited by Dawn Daisydew; 05-22-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:08 AM
BK
View xAmberXOX's Photo Album
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: CantWait
xAmberXOX is a talented FairyxAmberXOX is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
Guys, making a private server isn't a bad idea at all, in fact, if it did happen, our hearts would be happy to the extreme! But just think for a second, is it really worth it? Don't get lost here, I don't mean is it worth recreating pixie hollow again, but is it worth putting all that effort into something that could disappear or that we've put to rest already?

Say someone did make a private server for it, what's next? Yeah, we'll have some fun.. and all of a sudden it gets shut down again. I mean, come on! Are we really gonna get our hopes up like that all over again? I'm not saying it won't work out, but guys, times are so bad. Companies aren't making enough money, games are getting shut down. Its been 8 whole months and almost everyone has moved on, some haven't. I don't know about the rest of you, but I did enjoy what PH had to offer and I will keep those memories, but we have to move on, guys. We're getting older, some of you are in college or have families at this point! ...moving on is what's best right now. We can't be in that position again where there's all this controversy about what's gonna happen. Its so controversial, what will happen, will it work out, will it be a success. Disney already let us down, I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.

This isn't about being negative or not, its not even reality, its how I feel. A lot of you feel this way also, so please, just hear me out.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:43 PM
BK
Dawn Daisydew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
If Disney did decide to bring back Pixie Hollow ..... how long should it stay up ? Everyone here would love to see it open for another seven years or longer but that is so unrealistic. Pixie Hollow had a wonderful run which some of us experienced longer than others. No one here will deny that sooner or later all good things (even Pixie Hollow) must..have to come to an end. Even with all my time in the Hollow even I was not prepared for it to end. Pixie Hollow lives in our memories and will live as long as we do.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Pixie Forever
View PenelopeRaindrop's Photo Album
PenelopeRaindrop's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Participant's Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: Rainbow
PenelopeRaindrop has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I was hopful seeing toontown rewritten being around since 8 months and not getting any copyright. How come club penguin private server never got copyright problems?You can always get rid of the mentor fairies and add new ones in . Pirates of the carribean also gets a private server. Pixie Hollow is by far the easiest to remake in my opinion. It's a 2D game ... and the others are 3D.

I don't know any coding so I can't talk professionally here . Maybe after some teams finish there work with tt or potco we can ask them to recreate the hollow. Again I don't know how tho but I know it is possible.