PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old Differences: Movie & Books

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:38 AM
Hall of Fame
View pixiedust34's Photo Album
pixiedust34's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Bahahaha
pixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queen
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Why all the dislike?

I can never understand why this forums has such a dislike for the movies. Maybe it is because my first exposure to the disney fairies is the movies, but I love them just as much as the chapter books (which I have started reading)

Also I think it is worth mentioning that ALL the movie fairies (at least the main four) are in the chapter books, but generally as supporting characters.

I like the connection to nature that the first movie has, and frankly find the many and at times silly or pointless talents in the books some what annoying, do we really need a talent for EVERYTHING.

As far as how the two relate to one another, I need to read more of the chapter books, but I am not sure they do. I think for the most part they seem to exist independently. There just seems to be to many inconsistencies when you compare the two.

As far as book characters in the movies, I don't think it will happen, but I don't see why not.

The problem with the movies, is they focus too much on a core group. It makes sense for the movies, but doesn't really leave room to introduce more characters. Still disney might surprise us and give them cameo roles or something.

The only one I don't see being in the movies is Mother Dove. Unfortunately as the movies stand, she isn't needed. Mother Dove is important because she is the source of Pixie Dust. In the Movies, this role is delegated to the Pixie Dust Tree.

Still I love the movies, and can't see why everyone seems to dislike them so much.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:22 PM
ThankYouTwilightForAvatar
View SmileyHearts963's Photo Album
SmileyHearts963's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Book Titler Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Princess
SmileyHearts963 is a talented Fairy
Actually, Rani existed before Silvermist, but they made Silvermist the main water talent now. My favorite characters are Rosetta and Tinkerbell!
Old 05-15-2010, 03:32 PM
writing. always writing.
View Sealily's Photo Album
Sealily's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Autumn 2010 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphic Trio Award Patriot Pixie's 2010 Award Summer 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Trivia Award - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Sarcastic
Sealily is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Even though Rani existed before Silvermist as of the disney fairy books, in the storyline, Rani arrived after Silvermist, like many of the others-Fira, Bess, Beck, Lily, etc.- As Puck mentioned earlier in the thread, Rani had gotten a seashell as an arrival day gift from Silvermist, so Silvermist had to be here before her, right?
Old 05-18-2010, 03:19 AM
Loves Spring's Minister
View Fluffy Puff's Photo Album
Fluffy Puff's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2010 Award Summer 2010 Award Spring 2010 Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Pixieish
Fluffy Puff has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
My most favorite fairies of all are the Minister of the Seasons, especially the Minister of Spring. In my opinion, they are some of the most elegant and lovely fairies ever. I wish we knew more about them (like their names). If would be sooo fantastic if their were books out for each one! I was so happy to get The World of Fairies: At the Dawn of Pixie Hollow fro my past birthday. It gives a bit more info about each of them.

As for the book fairies, it would be nice if they appeared in the movies. Maybe one of the upcoming movies will feature them!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Flying in for a visit
View dandelion_wish's Photo Album
dandelion_wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Design A Costume Winner's Award Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Pixie Parade Participant's Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 35

My Mood: Bouncy
dandelion_wish is a talented Fairydandelion_wish is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
What has always bothered me is the fact that they say the pixie dust tree tree and all the seasons existed at once(like we have in the game) before the unnamed "bad thing" but after it became mother dove and the home tree(like is described in the book) Any idea why they did it like this?
Old 05-29-2010, 06:11 AM
I'm baaaaaaack! ^.^
View Twilight Moonmist's Photo Album
Twilight Moonmist's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Graphic Trio Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Design A Costume Participant's Award Summer 2011 Award Spring 2011 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Artistic
Twilight Moonmist is a talented FairyTwilight Moonmist is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I get so confused, becuase I don't know if they ever run into each other, are they even in the same time period I think they were however, even if the earlier fairies aren't mentioned in the movies, because I have a book about Never Fairies and on Rani's page, there's a shell at the bottom of the page with a caption near it that says, "This is Rani's favorite item becuase Silvermist gave it to her on her Arrival Day."
Personally, I like the earlier fairies better (no offense to the other fairies) becuase I like the cartoon look of them!

-Twilight M.
Water-Talent
Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 PM
BK
View Wertyla's Photo Album
Wertyla's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Book Titler Participant's Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Autumn 2010 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: AFK
Wertyla has disabled reputation
Some of the fairies in the movies are in the books, but yeah, they should use more. Fairies like Beck r in the hollow tho, and Bess and Rani r mentioned sometimes...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Is a Pixie
View Disney_Fairies_Fan's Photo Album
Disney_Fairies_Fan's Fairy
My Mood: Relaxed
Disney_Fairies_Fan has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Puff View Post
My most favorite fairies of all are the Minister of the Seasons, especially the Minister of Spring. In my opinion, they are some of the most elegant and lovely fairies ever. I wish we knew more about them (like their names). If would be sooo fantastic if their were books out for each one! I was so happy to get The World of Fairies: At the Dawn of Pixie Hollow fro my past birthday. It gives a bit more info about each of them.

As for the book fairies, it would be nice if they appeared in the movies. Maybe one of the upcoming movies will feature them!
You have that book?? I so want to get it! What's it like?? What kind of stuff does it have in it??
Old 07-14-2011, 02:28 AM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Is no one upset that they totally changed Terrence's look? I know I am. When Tinker Bell called this one Sparrow Man Terrence in the first movie, I was like: "What!? THAT'S Terrence!? But he looks nothing like the cool Terrence in the novels!" Grr~ it made me pretty mad at the time, now I'm used to it. I didn't like the 'newer' fairies in the movies at first, except for Silvermist; she drew me to the rest. But I still miss Rani.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:06 AM
needs more garlic!
View Garlicbreath's Photo Album
Garlicbreath's Fairy
Awards Showcase
International Fairy Day Award 2013 Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Adventurous
Garlicbreath has chosen their Fairy magic
you can thank john lassester for rani and the others being gone. they were in the first movie, but he hated it and made them make another. does anyone rember the first trailer where the girl follows the fairies to the park and they make a purple flower crown on her head? if you look really hard you can find it out there. it would be so great to be able to see that movie!!!!!!

we have a tink and rani doll too, back when they were permoting the movie but it had not come out.

Last edited by Garlicbreath; 07-15-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Here we are again
View The Rosey Trio's Photo Album
The Rosey Trio's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Torn
The Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the Queen
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Innocent

well actually the books are in the dark ages and the film is in the golden ages, and pixie hollow is in the GOLDEN ages see what i mean?
Old 07-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I always thought John Lassester was weird, now I know he is! How could he not like Rani? And Fira, Lily, and Beck? Probably because their outfits were too hard to CGI, plus both Rani and Fira have lots and lots of hair. So more simple ones were created.
I remember that first ad for the Tinker Bell movie, I wonder if I have it on any of my DVDs so I could spot Rani!
Old 07-17-2011, 08:15 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
characters in books but not movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlicbreath View Post
you can thank john lassester for rani and the others being gone. they were in the first movie, but he hated it and made them make another.
Wow. I assumed that Gail Carson Levine had the rights to her original characters and did not sell Disney the right to use them in a movie or a game like Pixie Hollow online. So thank you, I learned I was wrong. Can I read more about Lasseter's decision?

Stormy Most R Y.

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 07-31-2011, 07:48 PM
needs more garlic!
View Garlicbreath's Photo Album
Garlicbreath's Fairy
Awards Showcase
International Fairy Day Award 2013 Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Adventurous
Garlicbreath has chosen their Fairy magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry View Post
Wow. I assumed that Gail Carson Levine had the rights to her original characters and did not sell Disney the right to use them in a movie or a game like Pixie Hollow online. So thank you, I learned I was wrong. Can I read more about Lasseter's decision?

Stormy Most R Y.
sorry i dont get notices to tell me if people wrote to me. i think if you go to that john lassester deleted tinkbell movie it will bring stuff up.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Autobot
View Dinobot's Photo Album
Dinobot's Fairy
My Mood: Heroic
Dinobot is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
Hi Everyone,I don't get why D made new fairies to be in the Tink movie & excluded the books, copyright maybe. It would be nice if they could incorporate Rani, Fira Etc... into Pixie Hollow game, toys etc. Just a thought, please share yours on this subject...
Even though I like the book fairies alot better, and I would love to see Rani make it into the movies, I kinda understand why the book fairies are not there. This is not exclusive to Disney, many big Hollywood movies created from books, video games, or comics are altered. That still doesn't mean they can't make a good movie. The Tinkerbell films, for an example, did a great job, while G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra was awful and a complete disgrace to the fans.

Understandably, the movies are mainly about Tinkerbell. The movies are going to be for a larger audience than the books are, people who never read the books will sit down and watch them. So Tinkerbell must be the main focus of the movies, she is why we are watching them, the other characters are for supporting roles. So with only around 80 minutes or so to tell the story they can't have too much going on at once and realistically they don't have time for the much more developed characters of the books.

Prilla's talent is very unique and would require time to explain what she does, and would bring up the discussion of death, since that is what Prilla does, she prevents fairies from dying. Rani would require time to explain why she does not have her wings, or perhaps we would have to see her lose them during the movie which could be too sad for the really younger ones. Beck is close to mother Dove, more time away from Tinkerbell. Also we need time for Bobble and Clank who are needed for comic relief and to increase the number of males. Dulcie and Bess have less seemingly magical talents, and the main story is about Spring and Tinkerbell finding her place.

They kept Vidia, because they need the one that doesn't like Tink, Terrence since he is main male, and Queen Clarion who just makes sense being there since they need a government leader. So Rosetta, Silvermist, Fawn and Iridessa who don't have anything to explain about them are created for supporting characters. Also Hollywood appears to prefer a cast with different backgrounds, of the original 10 book fairies they are all appear to be of European background, other than Fira, while Iridessa, Silvermist and possibly Fawn are different backgrounds than Rosetta and Tink are.