PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old Let's protest to save the hollow!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Misses Pixie Hollow
View alllthingspixiehollow's Photo Album
alllthingspixiehollow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 23

My Mood: Sick
alllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queen
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I love your positive attitude!
Don't mean to be a Debby Downer, but before the Hollow closed, we did do a protest petition, and unfortunately it didn't work. I still think about it all the time... Pixie Hollow was literally the only way I could just feel young and carefree...Like I never had to grow up because I was in Neverland. I miss it dearly and I am still hoping they will reopen Pixie Hollow someday. If you do a petition I will definately vote!

Profile picture by ElectroStorm, siggy by Cornflower! Thanks!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Maybe the reason Pixie Hollow closed is for a massive update and I heard that it will probably open on January 19th. But another reason is because Disney Interactive can't afford to have Pixie Hollow, Toontown and Pirates Online to be open AND have the new Disney Interactive updates. If it doesn't reopen soon, we can probably have a online fundraiser.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:33 PM
∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞
View Infinity Mistyvalley's Photo Album
Infinity Mistyvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Pixieish
Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

I think starting another petition after nearly 4 months since the closing speaks volume. It shows that we haven't forgotten and still want to fly in our beloved Hollow.

Amber, keep us posted.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-06-2014, 11:44 PM
BK
View xAmberXOX's Photo Album
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: CantWait
xAmberXOX is a talented FairyxAmberXOX is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Mistyvalley View Post
I think starting another petition after nearly 4 months since the closing speaks volume. It shows that we haven't forgotten and still want to fly in our beloved Hollow.

Amber, keep us posted.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
I will but if Disney Interactive doesn't respond after what I emailed to them, we have to take a step higher and I mean doing some fundraiser or something, I don't know, we have to talk about that in the future if this doesn't work out :/ we are not giving up that easy!

By the way, here's the link to the petition -- http://www.thepetitionsite.com/624/7...have-problems/

Make sure to tell others about this petition, even people you know in real life. It can be family members, friends, relatives, cousins, anybody! You can even go on other games and tell them, I don't care, as long as we get enough signatures that's all that counts. If we make it Disney Interactive will think that it still means that much to us and will reconsider. Make sure to go on the petition I provided, we need as many signatures as possible! Spread the word!

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-07-2014 at 10:41 AM. Reason: merged posts/personal info
Old 01-07-2014, 01:08 AM
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 

Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

Pixies, please share some ideas on how we can give this petition more exposure. Facebook? Twitter? What else?

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-07-2014, 01:15 AM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Hmmm, how about YouTube? This was one of the major reasons why the "Stop the closing of Disney MMOROPGS" petition became known!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:30 AM
BK
View xAmberXOX's Photo Album
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: CantWait
xAmberXOX is a talented FairyxAmberXOX is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
I just published a video on YouTube with all the information about the petition, Disney Interactive, and everything. Here's the link if you wanna watch it

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-07-2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: embedded video
Old 01-07-2014, 02:04 AM
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
Heart

How could I forget YouTube!?

The video looks great, Amber!

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-07-2014, 04:10 AM
Misses Pixie Hollow
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 

alllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queen
I don't think price is the problem. Pixie Hollow makes a TON of Pixie Hollow memberships alone, that's how they afford to keep the site open, and make some big profit as well. Disney is one of the richest companies out there I think?

I signed the petition <3

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-07-2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: double posted
Old 01-07-2014, 04:39 AM
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by alllthingspixiehollow View Post
I don't think price is the problem. Pixie Hollow makes a TON of Pixie Hollow memberships alone, that's how they afford to keep the site open, and make some big profit as well. Disney is one of the richest companies out there I think?
Here is a PDF of what The Walt Disney Company discussed in November at their Quarter 4 meeting. Go to the top of page 6. That is where they discuss Disney Interactive.

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/site...3-earnings.pdf

Basically, the last sentence in that paragraph is the only vague response to the closing of multiple online worlds. They did see a decrease in sales as these games closed. However, it was justified due to, in their words, "a favorable acquisition accounting adjustment." I have a feeling that is code for Club Penguin developments.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-07-2014, 04:48 AM
PEACE AND LOVE!!!!
View guardianluna2003's Photo Album
guardianluna2003's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Blah
guardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyer
Light Talent Water Talent
Oh disney can afford the money the said they wanted to concentrate on other things.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:26 AM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianluna2003 View Post
Oh disney can afford the money the said they wanted to concentrate on other things.
Or maybe Disney don't have any money to pay it so the Pixie Hollow Online Game was closed. Maybe that's the reason why Pixie Hollow, Pirate of the Caribbean Online, and ToonTown Online were closed. Or should I say, the DOW's closed.

~Alyce
Old 01-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Happy New Year!
View Daisy GlitterConfetti's Photo Album
Daisy GlitterConfetti's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd Arcade Champ Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Adventurous
Daisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A list
Um, I think this is a great idea, but Disney didn't actually make Pixie Hollow. It was made by someone else, my older friend from Pixie Hollow said that someone made Pixie Hollow then Disney bought it from them, she even had a Tinkerbell Arrival Day badge. So I was thinking, you COULD do A LOT (And I mean it, A LOT. I checked the Wikipedia, it doesn't say who actually made Pixie Hollow, but hey. The only proof there is is a Tinker Bell Arrival Day Badge, and my friends word. I haven't talked to her in a while, she told me all that back in 2009 or 2010. Maybe 2011.) A LOT of research and find who made it, and email them. Because, they would make a lot of money, even just making a Beta Pixie Hollow, promising to turn Pixie Hollow into the great game it used to be, but different. You COULD even email Disney (Not Club Penguin, an actual Disney email. For all the games maybe? I don't know if there is one though.) and ask if they made Pixie Hollow, or if they bought it from someone else and turned it into the great game it was. Because for all we know, they could be deleting the emails with 'Pixie Hollow' in the subject. I'm not trying to be mean or rude, but we need facts also if we're going to protest, we can't just seem like a bunch of people that were bored. We gotta know a lot about the website (Such as when it opened, how many fairies we could make while it was in Beta, which was five. We could learn a lot simple facts, because that IS research.) as I was saying, we gotta know a lot about the website, because when they read the emails, if they decide to send a email back to us, we can't ignore parts of the emails like they ignore parts of the emails we send them. I really think this is a great idea, but we do need facts, right?
P.S. Please don't think I'm being rude or mean, I just don't want this idea to go down with some of the other ideas that people came up with and then gave up on.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Pixie Hollow was made by lots of people, Daisy. Not just one person.
It was made for the Disney Fairies franchise, with the help of SilverTree Media and some others.
I do agree with you, we need to contact the people who helped make Pixie Hollow.
That's why Jessie Schell is on our contact list (designed and developed Pixie Hollow with the help of SilverTree Media.)
But that does not mean there are enough people to contact, we are still on the search of course.

Last edited by Daisybelle; 01-07-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:24 PM
Misses Pixie Hollow
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Alyce Natalie;271721]Or maybe Disney don't have any money to pay it so the Pixie Hollow Online Game was closed. Maybe that's the reason why Pixie Hollow, Pirate of the Caribbean Online, and ToonTown Online were closed. Or should I say, the DOW's closed.

~Alyce
I don't think price is the matter, check out this article I found:

Quote:
In 1923 Walter and his brother co-founded an enterprise, currently known as Walt Disney Company. As for 2010, its annual revenue amounted to $36 billion, placing Walt Disney Company among the most profitable motion picture production companies in the world. This fact goes a long way to explain why Walt Disney net worth is currently estimated at $5 billion. (From celebsnetworth.net)

~Vic

Last edited by alllthingspixiehollow; 01-07-2014 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Fixing Quote