PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds (wiki)

Disneys Online Worlds (wiki) This is the area to talk about the wiki, the ever changing guide for Pixie Hollow http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/

Old "How do I join Disneys Online Worlds?"

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Let's Motor
View UpInTheAir's Photo Album
UpInTheAir's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award Autumn 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: DowObsessed
UpInTheAir is a wiz at Fairy TagUpInTheAir is a wiz at Fairy TagUpInTheAir is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent Light Talent Light Talent
"How do I join Disneys Online Worlds?"

Disneys Online Worlds (otherwise know as DOW) strives to be a comprehensive resource for Disney Online Games. It is written and maintained by a group of editors, but we rely heavily on non-editor image and information submissions to remain as up-to-date and complete as possible.

Information on the DOW wiki is accessible to everyone. You only need to join if you wish to be able to edit pages. We cannot always accept everyone who applies, and sometimes we just don't have a need for more editors. Even if you apply but are not accepted, this doesn't mean we don't want your help. We urge you to continue to assist the wiki as a non-editor by getting us needed images and information.

The following explains how to apply and was adapted from a guide written by VMKF member Alexthedragon.

Step One: Visit the Wiki

First things first, we have to visit the site. The URL is http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com Once there, you will see the following:

If you are there, go to step two.

Step Two: Signing Up

Now is the most challenging part. Scroll down on the homepage until you see:

"If you would like to be able to edit/moderate this wiki, please email with your forum username and what you would contribute to [email protected]"

Send in your application and wait for a reply.

Step Three: Wait

Your application needs time to be processed. Please be patient. During this time DOW moderators are looking over your posts and your behavior on the forums. The DOW moderators like to see that potential editors can follow forum rules and make productive posts. It is important that the editing staff of DOW be able to work together. WE look for editors who will work well with our team.

If your application is rejected, we would love it if you continued helping us by submitting information for the wiki here on the forums. Feel free to apply again at a later date.

If you are accepted, continue on to the next step.

Step Four: New Password

Time to make an easier to remember password. Click "My preferences" at the top of the page and scroll until you see the Change password area.

Enter your old password and then your new password twice. Press save and then you are done.

Step Five: Editing!

Congrats! You are now a Disney Online Worlds Editor! Have fun and help make the wiki better! See the DOW Rules and Guidelines

Step Six: Logging In to Edit

After you log out, you will have to log back in to edit. Press Log in/create account at the top and type your username and password from before. If you forget your password, press "E-mail password." If you don't want to log back in each time, just check "Remember my login on this computer."

Now you can now help edit the wiki!

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 10-07-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Is a Fairy
View Nina is Great's Photo Album
Nina is Great's Fairy
Nina is Great has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent
i said i would b honest .. i dont have the patients to read any of that!!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Animal Fairy
View GoodPolarGirl's Photo Album
GoodPolarGirl's Fairy
GoodPolarGirl has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
What?

My friend told me that you just e-mail the application and then wait for a response. He said he got that answer from a mod.

~Polar
Old 06-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Yup
View GagMaster's Photo Album
GagMaster's Fairy
My Mood: Secret
GagMaster has chosen their Fairy magic
Heres a simplified version.

1."If you would like to be able to edit/moderate this wiki, please email with your forum username and what you would contribute to [email protected]"

2. Wait for a reply

3. Step Four: New Password

Time to make an easier to remember password. Click "My preferences" at the top of the page and scroll until you see the Change password area.
Enter your old password and then your new password twice. Press save and then you are done.

4. Your ready to edit but review the DOW rules. http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...and_Guidelines
Old 06-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Let's Motor
UpInTheAir's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award Autumn 2011 Award 

UpInTheAir is a wiz at Fairy TagUpInTheAir is a wiz at Fairy TagUpInTheAir is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Indeed, that is the "short" version.

Send your application to [email protected] and wait.

Some information you should include in your application:
  • Tell us which of our sister forums you are a member of, and your username on these forums.
  • If you are accepted, what would you like your DOW username to be? (Some users have different usernames on each of the forums and so we're not always sure which one they want to use for DOW)

Some things to think about when writing your application:
  • What areas of the wiki do you feel you would be able to help with?
  • What specific tasks would you like to do? Are you good at getting screen shots? Are you a good writer? Do you know of any pages that we need to fix or make? Do you have ideas for new projects that might help the wiki be more complete?
  • Do you have any past experience with our wiki? Do you use it yourself as a guide? Have you contributed to the wiki as a non-editor?

Some things to keep in mind:
  • There are many reasons why we might not accept your application at a certain time. If you aren't accepted, we would hope that you try and help the wiki as a non-editor by submitting images and information to us on the forums
  • Our non-editor contributors are just as important to us as our editors. If the wiki sounds like something that might interest you, perhaps start out by contributing as a non-editor. This helps you get familiar with the wiki, and helps us get familiar with what you have to offer
  • Users who aren't accepted are welcome to apply again in the future.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Bubbles! My bubbles!
View Misty's Photo Album
Misty's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Easter 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Aggressive
Misty has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent
thanks for the tip, Upita, i was wondering hoe to register
Old 12-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Ice
View kimma's Photo Album
kimma's Fairy
My Mood: Thinking
kimma has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent
hey

I'm gonna do this today! Thanks for the info. it's very useful!!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Asleep at the keyboard...
View MelodyMoonriver's Photo Album
MelodyMoonriver's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Summer 2011 Award Patriot Pixie's 2010 Award Summer 2010 Award Spring 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Musical
MelodyMoonriver has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Water Talent Water Talent
I just sent one in myself. Time to play the waiting game.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:30 AM
more than just a name!!
View Dreamer4012's Photo Album
Dreamer4012's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Get Connected Award  - Retired May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: BerryNice
Dreamer4012 is a talented FairyDreamer4012 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
OH Fabulous!!
I have always wondered how to get information on the DOW site for PH!
UpInTheAir, do I just PM information I have as a non-editor to be added to the site?
I have been keeping track of the patterns; what opens what, how many points each pattern takes, and which ones are featured items.
I noticed on the Wiki page, some of them were missing and was hoping I could help out!
Let me know... I can send you what I have so far.

I also noticed on the charms, the collection that the charms come from is not listed. I have that information also.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Let's Motor
UpInTheAir's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Non editors can just PM me the information they would like to add or any suggestions they have. I'll pass the information onto the appropriate editor.

We love it when the people who use the wiki for information help to add to it and make it better. We also have a thread for Non-Editor Suggestions/Corrections. The editors are only human, and while we try to make sure all information is as accurate as possible, sometimes we have things that need to be corrected or the occasional pesky typo slip through.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:16 PM
more than just a name!!
View Dreamer4012's Photo Album
Dreamer4012's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Get Connected Award  - Retired May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: BerryNice
Dreamer4012 is a talented FairyDreamer4012 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir View Post
Non editors can just PM me the information they would like to add or any suggestions they have. I'll pass the information onto the appropriate editor.

We love it when the people who use the wiki for information help to add to it and make it better. We also have a thread for Non-Editor Suggestions/Corrections. The editors are only human, and while we try to make sure all information is as accurate as possible, sometimes we have things that need to be corrected or the occasional pesky typo slip through.
Ok! Thanks so much for the info UpInTheAir!! I will keep working on my stuff and send ya what I have so far within the next couple days!!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:13 AM
aka Ginkgo♥
View Ginkgo's Photo Album
Ginkgo's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Klingon Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award Autumn 2011 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award EKB Day Award 
Total Awards: 35

My Mood: Amuzed
Ginkgo is a Fast FlyerGinkgo is a Fast FlyerGinkgo is a Fast FlyerGinkgo is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
i read this thread right now and i send them my application
i am eager to join dow wiki team
i am keeping my fingers crossed , hoping they contact me
i wanna know one thing , in the application i sent them my phf id, was there a need for my password too? ( i didnt send them m password)

Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Searching....
View Jezzi's Photo Album
Jezzi's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond repute
Garden Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot19 View Post
i read this thread right now and i send them my application
i am eager to join dow wiki team
i am keeping my fingers crossed , hoping they contact me
i wanna know one thing , in the application i sent them my phf id, was there a need for my password too? ( i didnt send them m password)

Never, EVER give away your password to anyone, not even friends, for any sites. That is your security and keeps your account information safe. All they want is your PHF name so you did the right thing.

Credits ~ Signature: Alyce Natalie ~ Profile: Twilight ~ Avatar: SweetCupcake ~ Thank you!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Is a proud pixie!
View Dopey Dust's Photo Album
Dopey Dust's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award Spring 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award Klingon Award 2012 Halloween'12 Award 
Total Awards: 46

My Mood: Artistic
Dopey Dust is a Fast FlyerDopey Dust is a Fast FlyerDopey Dust is a Fast FlyerDopey Dust is a Fast Flyer
Tinker Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I'd love to join, but I think your probably going to have tons of requests coming in right now... so I'll just wait a while. Plus, i'm probably just as much help talking here and posting screenshots of stuff Good luck to everybody that applied!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:25 AM
KTPHPA xoxo
View XRoseyGirlX's Photo Album
XRoseyGirlX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award Halloween 2015 Award Pixie Hollow Parody Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Quiet
XRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Please forgive this stupid question LOL! But, just to be sure I am understanding correctly, being a mod on the Disney Online Worlds Wiki and on here are two DIFFERENT things right?
Rosey xoxo