PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Pixie Hollow Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors

Pixie Hollow Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors Discussions about your ideas or possible changes for Pixie Hollow go here!

Old Turn friend requests off

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:41 PM
View Misty_12's Photo Album
Misty_12's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 68

My Mood: BusyBee
Misty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Lightbulb Turn friend requests off

Every time I go to a party or a crowded server to play animal derby, I have someone add me as a friend. I always feel terrible declining friend requests, (and I’ve been in cases where I decline a request and the person gets really upset, and starts disrupting the game.) so I accept them. My friend list is almost full! It’s a pain to go through and delete all those people I never even talk to.
So I was thinking, what if you could turn something on that doesn’t let people send requests to you? Like the “be friends” button would be grey, just like the home button when you turn on “only friends can visit”. Of course, some pixies might be offended by it and start begging other pixies to turn friend requests back on…
Anyway, it’s just an idea, and could probably be improved upon. What do you guys think?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Flitterer
View stargazer80's Photo Album
stargazer80's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Sleepyy
stargazer80 is a talented Fairystargazer80 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Personally I just ignore the request until it goes away. I have no guilt not adding people as my friend. I do understand wanting to turn off friend request. Not sure if the NC would go for it as we are supposed to be "making friends". But it is worth a shot asking them.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:29 PM
View Misty_12's Photo Album
Misty_12's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 68

My Mood: BusyBee
Misty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Yeah, I may or may not send an email to them. There’s another site that I use to play on that has this option, so I just thought it would be nice if it was on Pixie Hollow too.

Last edited by Misty_12; 02-27-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Flitterer
View stargazer80's Photo Album
stargazer80's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Sleepyy
stargazer80 is a talented Fairystargazer80 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
It would be nice, but honestly I don't think the NC cares. I know i am cynical, but they have showed time and time again that they don't care about what may make the game smoother or safer.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Still Tinkertastic ♥
View Lila Starshine's Photo Album
Lila Starshine's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Magical
Lila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
I am the same way with random friend requests...I always accept them, because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I run into trouble then when we have meet and greets with forum fairies, because I have to make space in my full-to-bursting friends list...

Sometimes I don't think people are as bothered by an ignore, though. For example, I was flying one of my non-member fairies who literally has NO friends and just flies around working on talent games and whatnot. Well, she had the membership glitch yesterday so I was playing Animal Derby for Marina's quest. A fairy I was racing with (who beat me lol) requested to be friends, so I said yes, even though we hadn't even said "hello" yet. We didn't chat at all, but I visited her garden after she logged off and she had lots of plants to sing to! Yay! So not such a bad fairy to add, even if we didn't know each other.

I logged back in today, obviously a non-member again, and went to my friends list to sing to her plants. And guess what...she had deleted me already! The only thing I can guess is that she wanted a "member" friend (who could send gifts) not a non-member friend. I was kinda relieved since I wasn't sure if I should delete her from my list at some point, although I would have liked to sing to those plants! Moral of the story is, I shouldn't have felt bad when I didn't want to add her in the first place :P

Wow, I'm really wordy today...
Old 02-27-2013, 10:50 PM
KTPHPA xoxo
View XRoseyGirlX's Photo Album
XRoseyGirlX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award Halloween 2015 Award Pixie Hollow Parody Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Quiet
XRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
I too will write the Never Council about a "Not accepting friend requests" button/alert. Quite a few other fairies have talked about it as well. I am very sorry to hear about you losing that friend Lila but you have us
Rosey xoxo
Old 02-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Baking cookies for Pluma
View Sweet Cupcake's Photo Album
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Halloween 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Creative
Sweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I'm not agree, the game was created for be friendly play and make friends.
I have amazing friends that i met in the coliseum, if this happens we might lose the chance to meet new nice people.

When someone send me alot friend requests and
and I feel uncomfortable I switch my mood to
"Abstracted" and anyone exist for me lol

Old 02-27-2013, 11:19 PM
KTPHPA xoxo
View XRoseyGirlX's Photo Album
XRoseyGirlX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award Halloween 2015 Award Pixie Hollow Parody Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Quiet
XRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
I understand and agree with your your view Cupcake, but we weren't saying that it was mandatory for you to do, just an option for you to turn off and on when you want to
Rosey xoxo
Old 02-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Sorry Cupcake, I have to disargee with your view. Because there's mean people that we don't want to be their friends. But I understand your problem, there's a kind friends too in the Pixie Hollow . So that's your choice, choose or not .

Thanks,
~Alyce Natalie~
Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Rainbow Over the River
View Riverbow's Photo Album
Riverbow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
School Days Contest End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Cookies
Riverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Good idea!

I would enjoy the game much more if my friends list were a FRIENDS list, rather than a fairies-who-flash-mobbed-me-with-requests list. Great idea! I've been wanting this optional feature for awhile, because the friend request screen takes up space when playing games like Animal Derby. I don't like deleting people, either, but I do it to be more polite than just denying their friend request. I hope the NC adds this feature!

Riverbow
Old 02-28-2013, 07:22 PM
BK
View Take_these_wings_22's Photo Album
Take_these_wings_22's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Get Connected Award  - Retired Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Pixieish
Take_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy TagTake_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
OH. MY. GOSH. Tell me about it! This is an awesome idea. When I'm playing animal derby that dumb request thing gets in the way of seeing stuff, and if I take my mouse to say "No", I trip! I actually don't feel bad saying no to a request, it gets annoying and I don't even know the fairy/sparrow man. I actually don't friend sparrows (accept a funny sparrow friend of mine) because 90% of them ask to be my boyfriend, and you just get tired of it ya know? Especially when they spam and into your whispers (I know I can turn my whispers off, but it's impossible when you're in animal derby, and I can't just quit in the middle of my game :P)

One time I was hanging out, minding my own business, and this random sparrow man friends me. I, of course, not knowing the person, decline. Our conversation (we'll call the sparrow S):
S: WHY DIDN'T YOU ACCEPT?!
Me: Because I don't know you.
S: SO?!
Me: So I have no reason to accept your request.
S: WELL NOW YOU NO ME SO ACCEPT
Me: No thank you.

And I simply blocked him. It appeared he was bothering some of my friends too before me.

Your idea is great, and I totally agree.

For Cupcake and others saying no, and that PH is a place for making friends, Pixie Hollow doesn't entirely revolve around it, but you have a point. If this feature were to have been from the start, I wouldn't have made such good buddies c: But, it just meant basically for those newcomers to PH who feel the need to friend all fairies. I like this idea, I'll send it in to the NC and I'll tell you what they say.

Last edited by Take_these_wings_22; 02-28-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: removing quote