PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old I miss old Pixie hollow!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:36 AM
Busy as a bee!
View Bumblestripe's Photo Album
Bumblestripe's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Arcade Spooktacular Participant's Award Halloween 2013 Award Design A Silly Sweet Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 33

My Mood: BusyBee
Bumblestripe met the QueenBumblestripe met the QueenBumblestripe met the QueenBumblestripe met the QueenBumblestripe met the Queen
Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Sunripple View Post
I object to one of those. I think that that fact that they allow non members in the wilderness is great as long as they understand that they must have enough pixie dust to last the entire time.

I'm (almost always) a non member and I don't like diamonds, mainly because of how they further separate players willing to pay for virtual items and those who don't (or can't) pay for membership/diamonds. The whole point was to allow non members the ability to purchase items without membership. That would be great... except you have to purchase diamonds with money. The reason non members were non members was because they couldn't afford membership; adding diamonds doesn't help them at all.
I agree with your post.
I don't have any issues with non-members in the wilderness except for the fact that they do not understand the "you need pixie dust" concept.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblestripe View Post
I agree with your post.
I don't have any issues with non-members in the wilderness except for the fact that they do not understand the "you need pixie dust" concept.
They should at have SOME pixie dust, I agree. It would be rude for them to just take up a spot in the adventure. If they don't participate at all then I thought they get no talent points and no ingredients . . . is that true? And then it's a total waste for them to go, and they just take up a spot in your group. . . a spot that a more helpful fairy could have used.

Are they begging for the super cupcakes that give dust to all? That would be rude. Are they demanding those super cupcakes? That would be very rude.

On the other hand . . .

If they are quietly waiting, what harm does it do? They don't get in your way, I think. Then they could wait until the wilderness adventure is over and collect their rewards.

When I had plenty of dust, I sometimes saw fairies run out of dust halfway through the adventure. I wanted those fairies to 'hang in there' so they could collect their rewards.

Stormy Lightningberry

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 11-13-2012, 04:15 AM
BK
View Take_these_wings_22's Photo Album
Take_these_wings_22's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Get Connected Award  - Retired Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Pixieish
Take_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy TagTake_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Smile I agree with everyone :0

You all have made great points. Btw, I didn't mean it offensively when I said "What innocent guys want to play a game with sparkles and flowers and dresses?!".. I don't mean the nice people. I'm just saying, most boys aren't fond of flowery and sparkly and dressy things. Besides the talent games and chatting and guy outfits, I find nothing else enjoyable for boys. I am not one, however, so how would I even know? everyones different I guess, and I can't just tell an opinion for em : o
Old 11-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Gosh, there are a lot of people who really hate the sparrow men, huh? That's sad. I guess it's no small wonder why the sparrow men get little attention to more clothes, accessories, and hairstyles... Perhaps they should just take them out completely, though I'd be devastated if my sparrow men suddenly died of disbelief. Let's all clap our hands for the sparrow men so they don't vanish!
Anyway...
I never even knew they took out the Butterfly Sculpture, though I was doing a lot of home decorating this month and I don't recall seeing it! Huh...
Why do people who play such a lovely, innocent game as Pixie Hollow do such horrible things? I don't get it. Are they predators? That's a scary thought.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Feeling nostalgic...
View Moonstone's Photo Album
Moonstone's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Thankful Award Spring 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award 
Total Awards: 17

Moonstone has made Fairy Mary's A listMoonstone has made Fairy Mary's A listMoonstone has made Fairy Mary's A listMoonstone has made Fairy Mary's A listMoonstone has made Fairy Mary's A list
Light Talent Water Talent
So I was re-decorating Misty's home today and noticed I still have the butterfly sculpture.
I never put it out before so I'm not sure if that affects anything.
I thought it was a little strange if it's supposed to be taken away.

~Moonstone
Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Is Reminiscing...
View McKenzieO1's Photo Album
McKenzieO1's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Arcade Spooktacular Participant's Award Halloween 2013 Award Design A Silly Sweet Participant's Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Reading
McKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent
I've never even seen the butterfly sculpture as I may not have been there when this was given out? I guess I can't miss something I never had. It is a shame that certain items and OR badges were taken away from players by the NC. Kinda` makes me GLAD that I'm not a Founding Fairy.

~Lily
Old 11-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the memories ♡
View Rosalina286's Photo Album
Rosalina286's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award EKB Day Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'14 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Dreamy
Rosalina286 is a Fast FlyerRosalina286 is a Fast FlyerRosalina286 is a Fast FlyerRosalina286 is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Garden Talent
Hmm... I still have the Butterfly Sculpture, I think. It's from Camp Pixie Dust Garden Talent time, right? - Scratches head -
Old 11-14-2012, 04:54 AM
BK
View Take_these_wings_22's Photo Album
Take_these_wings_22's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Get Connected Award  - Retired Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 4

Take_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy TagTake_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
To all of you...

Some of you older fairies still have the butterfly sculpture. Don't worry though, if you have an item that was banned it's fine to use it As long as you don't use it inappropriately it's totally fine

I would give you the the reason it was banned but my post would just get edited. -. - you'll find it eventually I'm sure though.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 

Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Eww, I don't want to know why it was banned.
But looking at a safe site, I noticed that the Butterfly Glider that was in Ember's Store in Summer 2012 was the same item called Butterfly Sculpture; you couldn't dye it, however. Probably for a good reason. I got one for my fairy Foxglove and she still has it. So, they DID put it back in the game for a while. (Or, correct me if I'm wrong...)
Old 11-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Is Reminiscing...
View McKenzieO1's Photo Album
McKenzieO1's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Arcade Spooktacular Participant's Award Halloween 2013 Award Design A Silly Sweet Participant's Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Reading
McKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent
Okay, now I know what the butterfly sculpture looks like. This one here is not the actual Beta Version of the butterfly sculpture, however I did obtain this one through the "Clickables" toys ( which also gave you the badges for clickable toys ).

I do have the original butterfly sculpture in my storage as I don't use it much AND if it's something that MAY disappear, then so be it.

~Lily
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I found this video on Disney.com, and thought it might be relevant to share here. There's also a whole bunch of other videos that look like they were made for promotional purposes in the Pre-beta and Beta stages of the Hollow.
I hope this works...
popcorn

(PS: It also looks like some of the scenes in this video were made even before Pixie Hollow was released! For example, look at what Whifflewings was holding when she was playing "Firefly Light Up"...)
Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Flitterer
View stargazer80's Photo Album
stargazer80's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Sleepyy
stargazer80 is a talented Fairystargazer80 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
It worked! Makes me miss the old days. I didn't join until the end of 2009, but what a difference. It was more magical back then!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
I read some (not all) of the posts on this thread. While I was not around when the "Old Pixie Hollow" was, my first fairy arrived late July of 2010. The Hollow has changed over the years. When I first started, everyone was pretty nice. I didn't see many goth people, but then again, I only had SpeedChat. I felt very content in my own little world, hosting parties, earning talent points, chatting (using SpeedChat) with other "Speed chatters." Then I created a new account, with Speed Chat plus. I realized how much bad stuff there was. There's been a lot more goth people flying around lately, or Fairies that use the fashions inappropriately to show more. But the thing that broke my heart the most was what happened to me today:
I noticed one of my friends was about to go offline, since she had to go. I clicked on her to say goodbye, when I looked at her profile. She originally had blue hair with pink highlights (cute right?!) and she always wore that simple yellow outfit, you know, the one you can get using codes. I won't share her name though, but I'll call her R. Anyways, I noticed she had dyed her hair black, and had red highlights (goth style...?). Her clothes were the witch outfit that had been available in the post office during the animal masquerade. R wasn't a member, but I realized that she was maybe trying to go goth. Here's our whisper conversation:
Me: Are you going goth?
R: trying to
Me: why?
R: because I want to fit in. People dont care
Me: So you think dying your hair black and putting black clothes on will make people like you more?
R: yeah
Me: (This is based off a quote I found in somebody's signature on here) "Everyone else is taken, you can only be YOU.
R: well g2g bye
She went offline. But her words made me terribly sad. People had been judging her since she wasn't a member, she didn't have the latest style, etc. From what I read on the posts, there weren't mean fairies. Look what this Hollow has become! This young girl is going GOTH to fit in and be popular! Doesn't this affect you the way it affected me?
~Lily Rainfeather

Last edited by Jezzi; 11-29-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Changed font size/inappropriate
Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 AM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
Oh, that's horrible. Maybe that's why there's more "goths" in the Hollow than ever. People want to fit in? Why can't they be unique? I don't get it. I hate it what the Hollow has turned into.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I don't know if it's considered 'Pixie Hollow', but I was wondering if anyone on here remembers the old Disney Fairies website, before the Pixie Hollow game came into existence? I miss that. I only got to visit it twice because it didn't work well on the computer I used at the time.
There was a map of Pixie Hollow and you clicked on places to visit to meet the fairies: Rani, Tinker Bell, Lily, etc. And every time you found one of their secret nooks, Like Rani's Waterfall Lagoon, you got a 'star point'. I don't know what the stars were used for, maybe to unlock something or play games... There were other things to do, too, but I never got to explore the site fully.