PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old I miss old Pixie hollow!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Is a Pixie
View EmeraldGuardian_04's Photo Album
EmeraldGuardian_04's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 2

EmeraldGuardian_04 has disabled reputation
Despite I wasn't around in the Hollow in the 2008 or 2009, I agree to the idea of having the old Pixie Hollow back. I find their clothes more "Fairy-ish" and natural. Now, these Mainland-ish like clothes kick in with the fashions, and this just discourages me. -_-' I like the old Hollow where kids can enjoy themselves on there, not being disturbed with the inappropriate Fairies that flies around. And, best of all (in my opinion), everyone's equal, so we're not debating all over for the "most superior" or other nonsense.

~Infinity Magicspirit
Old 09-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Ah yes, the good 'ol days... I joined in, erm, what year was it? 2009! Near the end, though, and I wasn't too active until Spring 2010. I like my own sparrow men, but it's disgusting how people abuse them with stupid dating and such.
I miss the Hollow when they didn't have the Bunches, at first I thought it was neat, but then I got into trouble for always clicking on them when I wasn't supposed to; either by accident, or just not knowing better; then I'd get followed around by Angry Faces. Now I avoid them like the plague. Other fairies can have them!
And what is considered 'Goth'? Sometimes I just feel like dressing my fairies in all pepper black. Do you mean that, or actual mean Goths, such as these 'vampires'? I totally agree it would be nice not to have them. I really abhor vampires.
I see the good and bad in Diamonds. I really don't like the Queen's Boutique the way it is, that you can't re-dye them - you fly around and everyone seems to be wearing the same thing!
One of the main things I miss is the unique badges, I missed so many in 2009/early 2010, then the Bunches came out and now all the seasonal badges have the same theme; not too much originality.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoseFlowerxD View Post
I know right! now there's like supernatural fairies spreading!
I thought all fairies were supernatural.

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)

Last edited by StormyLightningberry; 09-28-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 PM
you'll never see me cry..
View Ril's Photo Album
Ril's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2013 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Design A Silly Sweet Winner's Award Scavenger Hunt Participant's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Thankful Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Dopey
Ril is a wiz at Fairy TagRil is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I meant everything else but a fairy!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:50 PM
TEAM KATNISS!
View roadyrocky's Photo Album
roadyrocky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Graphic Trio Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Pixie Resolution Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: Adventurous
roadyrocky is a Fast Flyerroadyrocky is a Fast Flyerroadyrocky is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Yeah, I miss the old PH. It was almost like being a real fairy! But then so many things changed.... what's happening to PH is pretty much like a lot of the other things in real life. It's become more modernized. I mean, what happened to faith trust and pixie dust? But I guess the PH staff wanted more popularity for the site or something... you can't really blame them though, i mean, they have to make money. I just wish the old times would return. D:
Old 09-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Here we are again
View The Rosey Trio's Photo Album
The Rosey Trio's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Torn
The Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the Queen
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
I also remember before the sparrowmen came out, People try to make guys to date with girl models. But that was like 10% of the people who played the game, But then when the sparrowmen came out... it was like 60% of the people
Old 11-04-2012, 04:47 AM
BK
View Take_these_wings_22's Photo Album
Take_these_wings_22's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Get Connected Award  - Retired Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Pixieish
Take_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy TagTake_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Heart I totally agree!

I'm so sad what PH has become. I can't remember much, but as I have studied it more and more it has become much more clear. My thoughts:

New Pixie Hollow:

People are: Goth, they use foul language, inappropriately use clothing, are mean to non-members, ask for gifts and say they will return the favor, then ditch the person, act modern, they act like teens, they date and other things, use furniture inappropriately, and are bullies altogether.
Items are: Boring, Modern, and look like human items. Black items are seen a lot. We have metal items, leather, candy, the new homes are not as original, the clothes are dyed black, and they are even sold black! No leaves or pretty vines and no detail at all.
The never council don't ever do their job correctly. I have gotten an unnecessary rude attitude by someone there before. Sometimes I don't even get responded to. When I ask for something to be like the old pixie hollow again, they say "We can't afford it... Sorry". They can't afford to bring back one little thing, but they can get rid of four dye shops, replace two shops, get rid of the games' levels, add a new meadow, make an entirely new shop, and make six new homes??
Nothing natural or beautiful anymore. Everyone is mean or dramatic.. PH isn't what it used to be. I hope we can get it back someday...

Old Pixie Hollow:

The badges were amazing! Creative, original, decorative, something to be proud of. The homes were small but gorgeous! They had such an amazing touch to them. Like other people said, you actually felt you had a talent and felt like a fairy, not a teenager with wings. Chatting? Please, we didn't have the time! We had so many awesome better things to do! Games, high scores, filling the cornucopia! Every time I think of the old PH, my heart lights up and I get butterflies Not to mention there were NO SPARROWMEN! Sparrowmen are not right on pixie hollow. Since when does a innocent guy say "Hey, I wanna play a little girl's game where theres flowers and sparkly things!". Sparrow men should have never been created...

I wish I could show you what is was like! You can try looking on the web for the old pixie hollow. I wish it lasted forever :'(

Last edited by Take_these_wings_22; 01-05-2013 at 07:58 PM. Reason: inappropriate
Old 11-04-2012, 05:06 AM
Miss you all <3
View Julie Sunripple's Photo Album
Julie Sunripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 65

My Mood: fairyish
Julie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I agree with you, you have brought up many good points. I also feel excited when I remember the old PH.

I do have to say that I know for sure that many fairies on Pixie Hollow nowadays are teenagers, so they feel nothing is wrong with acting like it. I completely understand that many don't though, because I am a teenager and I never act that way, nor do I in real life. Pixie Hollow is trying to give what people want, but it might not necessarily be best for the Hollow and/or the age group they were originally targeting. And guys... well, my brother plays it, just for the talent games.

Last edited by Julie Sunripple; 11-04-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: It doesn't say what I meant it to say...
Old 11-04-2012, 06:37 AM
The Quenchiest
View CactusJuicy's Photo Album
CactusJuicy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Asleep
CactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Well idk.. I am a teen and I definitely do not act that way. I tend to avoid the busier servers and while I've met some not very nice people I have met some very nice people as well. I do feel like the hollow seems a lot like Disney is trying to make money from it instead of it just being a magical place, but for me it is still fun. The art is amazing, the games are fun, I will cram into crowded servers to meet famous fairies and just get this giddy, awesome feeling when they talk to me, lol.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Is Reminiscing...
View McKenzieO1's Photo Album
McKenzieO1's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Arcade Spooktacular Participant's Award Halloween 2013 Award Design A Silly Sweet Participant's Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Reading
McKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent
Unfortunately as time march's on everything changes. What was once a new, happy, innocent and EQUAL free online Child's Game has turned into a money marketing franchise. Sad really but we try to make the best of it!

I don't ever go to crowed servers unless Famous Fairies are popping in. My group whispers are off and if I really want to be left alone so I can try to enjoy the Magical Peace and Quiet, I turn ALL whispers off. If somehow someone still bothers me, I hit the ignore button! Although this rarely happens because I don't GO to crowed servers! lol!

~Lily
Old 11-04-2012, 02:08 PM
I am the light of my life
View lily706's Photo Album
lily706's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution Award DOW Follower Award - Retired Get Connected Award  - Retired Happy Valenpixie Day Award 
Total Awards: 24

lily706 is a talented Fairylily706 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Tinker Talent
I remember that the old Pixie Hollow let non-members get badges, some clothes and much more things that members have now! I really wish that they give back the old Pixie Hollow!!!!

I also remember that old PH fairies had much more kindness than new PH fairies.
Every fairy was equal too!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:18 AM
BK
Awards Showcase
Get Connected Award  - Retired Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award 

Take_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy TagTake_these_wings_22 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Question

I sent another email to the Never Council.. If we all worked together to get it back, it could work. We have a slim chance, but hey anythings possible right?

I wish people knew before they told me "The old pixie hollow is boring u can't even fly around".. I wish they knew about the beta, not pre-beta.. I wish beta would come back :'( (R.I.P The Golden Ages : December 2008 - August 2009)

I miss it badly.. What are your thoughts about it? I love hearing opinions about it! I don't mean pre-beta, just beta (2008-2009)

Last edited by Onionleaf; 11-05-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: merged double posts
Old 11-05-2012, 06:44 AM
•༺💕༻•Just Believe•༺💕༻•
View _Stormy_'s Photo Album
_Stormy_'s Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 113

My Mood: Gaming
_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
All of my fairies arrived November/December 2010, so I don't really know what the Beta Pixie Hollow was like I know it was alot more magical and fun when I first arrived than it is now but I still love it

Books are a uniquely portable magic
Old 11-06-2012, 03:50 AM
BK
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stormy_ View Post
All of my fairies arrived November/December 2010, so I don't really know what the Beta Pixie Hollow was like I know it was alot more magical and fun when I first arrived than it is now but I still love it
You should look up the Disney Online Worlds wiki, as there are lots of old pixie hollow photos there

Here is what I told the never council:

Hello. Can you put back these items?

Blossom Bench
Tulip Leaf Table
Driftwood Mantle
Butterfly Bowl
Butterfly Sculpture (I know people were using it inappropriately, but taking away an item for all fairies isn't going to solve that problem or hardly even improve it. Think about it. You took the item away because people were badly using it, but the people who do use it badly still have it. I ran into someone's home and I saw this item, remembering how beautiful it was. Then they told me it was a ▄▄▄.. (not saying on the forum to keep it clean) The inappropriate kind. If you want people to not use this item badly, take it away only from the misbehaving accounts, not from us innocent fairies.)
Never Land Map
Seahorse Wall Decoration
Tenderleaf Table
Old Garden Talent Sign:

Garden_Talent.jpg

I know this would take alot of money, but if you could please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the old fairy creation. Even if you don't bring back the outfits or the hairstyles, just make it like it originally was. I found it more floral and natural and beautiful then the new one. In my opinion the new one is extremely annoying. No offense..

I am wanting to tell you that alot of people have wanted the old pixie hollow back as much as I do. I want everything to be natural again. When I played in the old days, I was a fairy with a true talent, not a teenager with wings.. Now what do we have? Goths goths goths, vampires vampires vampires, guys guys guys, daters daters daters, adults, adults, adults, facebook, facebook, facebook. I played pixie hollow because it was the last thing in this world that wasn't attacked by machines, or television, or foul language, or electricity, or mean people. It was when I could get AWAY from the real world, not be reminded of it. In the old days, nobody cared about chat!! We had better things to do then sit and talk ! We had to earn beautiful badges! Work hard to get that new dress! Play harvest hustle millions of times to fill the cornucopia! Finish tink and her awesome friend's quests! Not sit around bored and miserable having people say "Can you let me have ur account? Can you get me a dress? Can you lend me some diamonds? Can you yell at this person?" I have gotten sick of all these people. I understand that alot of people and even you guys have moved on from the past, but your real fans, who have played every day since they were young, haven't. We want back what you really had.

I just want to tell you, you got what you wanted but you lost what you had...

Here is what they said:

Hello,

Thank you for sending us your concerns and requests. I would be happy to
discuss these with you.

Those are some great items, and we'd be happy to consider bringing them back. I
would like to point out, though, that any item that was removed from Pixie
Hollow because it was being misused most likely won't be brought back. You
mentioned that you think it's unfair to remove it from everyone, rather than
just those who were using it inappropriately. While this is true, we want to
remove the possibility of having it used inappropriately at all. We want to
make sure our Fairies are being safe while they're online, and the best way to
do this is to remove items that might be used inappropriately before they're
used inappropriately. From there, we can take whatever actions are necessary.
As such, we probably won't be bringing back such items as the Butterfly
Sculpture. This isn't to punish anyone, it's to make sure that we're all being
safe while we fly.

The Fairy creation process has been updated when it was necessary, or when it
made sense. Fairies now all arrive with the same gown, or outfit if they're
Sparrow Men, because it's the same kind of items that Tinker Bell had when she
first arrived. It sort of makes sense that when a Fairy first flies in, they
only have one item, and then can build their Wardrobe from there.

Fairies have a few hairstyles to choose from when they arrive in Pixie Hollow.
This is because any Fairy who wants to update their style can get a pixielicious
new do from our resident hair expert, Schelly. You can either use your
ingredients (if you're a member) or your Diamonds (if you're a free Fairy) to
select a new hairstyle that reflects who you are.

One of the most interesting things about Pixie Hollow is that the Fairies and
Sparrow Men who play make it what it is. We offer lots of styles, so that
anyone who flies into Pixie Hollow can show off their creativity and personality
while they fly. We don't necessarily "promote" certain styles, such as goth,
but we aren't going to discourage it, either, so long as the Fairies who use
various items aren't doing so in ways that might be deemed inappropriate.
Ultimately, we welcome Fairies to express their creativity within the rules of
Pixie Hollow.

If you ever notice that a Fairy is saying or doing something that might be
inappropriate, we recommend that you report them. The quickest way to let us
know when another Fairy is misbehaving is to use the Report a Player function.
To do this, just click on the Fairy’s profile and then the Report button (it
looks like a yellow triangle). When you follow the steps after that, a detailed
report of what the player has been saying will be sent to someone on our
Moderation team. They will review the log and take action if necessary.

If you happen to be friends with the reported Fairy who you report, they will be
removed from your friend's list.

This actually includes if a Fairy is asking to trade personal information, such
as Account IDs or real names (for sites like Facebook), as sharing this kind of
information is against the rules of Pixie Hollow.

Ultimately, I find that most Fairies who write in let us know about all the
changes they love in Pixie Hollow. While there might be a few things they don't
like, or don't understand, they find that Pixie Hollow remains one of the most
magical places, and they love flying in. This is true for even our oldest fans.

If you have any other feedback, pleae let us know. We'd love to hear from you
again.

Quote:
The Fairy creation process has been updated when it was necessary, or when it
made sense
. Fairies now all arrive with the same gown, or outfit if they're
Sparrow Men, because it's the same kind of items that Tinker Bell had when she
first arrived. It sort of makes sense that when a Fairy first flies in, they
only have one item, and then can build their Wardrobe from there.
Really? When it made sense? Oh, yes, every fairy having the exact same arrival day REALLY makes sense.

Maybe to their wallet it does, but not to us.

Quote:
Ultimately, I find that most Fairies who write in let us know about all the
changes they love in Pixie Hollow. While there might be a few things they don't
like, or don't understand, they find that Pixie Hollow remains one of the most
magical places, and they love flying in. This is true for even our oldest fans.
"True for even your oldest fans"? I'm sorry, but have you been listening to us?

Quote:
This is because any Fairy who wants to update their style can get a pixielicious
new do from our resident hair expert, Schelly. You can either use your
ingredients (if you're a member) or your Diamonds (if you're a free Fairy) to
select a new hairstyle that reflects who you are.
NC, were not Rapunzel at the end of Tangled. We don't want three pathetic short styles, and you know this.

Last edited by Take_these_wings_22; 01-14-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: adding stuff o.o
Old 11-06-2012, 04:09 AM
hi!
View RosesOfScarlet's Photo Album
RosesOfScarlet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Happy
RosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_these_wings_22 View Post

Did she just say pixielicious? Oh Pixie Hollow....