PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old Save Pixie Hollow! All discussion of PH's closing *mega thread*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:12 AM
Has Animal Talent
View texastinkerbelle's Photo Album
texastinkerbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Curmudgeon
texastinkerbelle is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
Disney Infinity is just a game, not a console. Similar to Skylanders.
Yes, but I am sure this new game is where they are putting all their $$ & attention. 2 days after it is debuted they announce the closing of 3 online games.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:22 AM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastinkerbelle View Post
Yes, but I am sure this new game is where they are putting all their $$ & attention. 2 days after it is debuted they announce the closing of 3 online games.
That's a idea!
Maybe they are closing it cause of this new game!
But why not a diff game why not CP or something
Old 08-21-2013, 04:37 AM
Is a Pixie
View Kairatera's Photo Album
Kairatera's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Pixieish
Kairatera has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Keep calm, I think it might not be FOREVER. Pixie Hollow and Toon Town were sites that made a ton of money for Disney. I think they're actually shutting the sites down to work on them and code them, and possibly give them a newer look. In fact, I noticed that PH was still releasing dresses, furniture, seeds, and other items even after this announcement. Not to mention the thing on our profiles that says "Wait for 90 days to see new backgrounds". That was at about 86 or something the other day, but I think they might be working on the sites. The only problem is... If they are COMPLETELY redoing the sites, they may have to scrap every character and profile and start from the very beginning. So, yes, you will still lose your fairy and everything you worked for BUT at least there is still hope for a NEW Pixie Hollow where you can start all over again and somewhat reminisce the feeling of being a new player in such a magical world! The only reason I think it will not be gone for long is that MMORPG's are extremely popular as of now, and these were two of the most popular existing games.

We can only hope that the site won't leave forever.

For now, I'm making videos of my home and pixie, so that I can remember the time I spent on this website.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:41 AM
Snow! ❄ ⛄
View xxMoonLeaf's Photo Album
xxMoonLeaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award Winter 2013 Award Halloween 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Cozy
xxMoonLeaf is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Garden Talent
I'm just so shocked & speechless! I just found out that the Hollow is closing! I just don't understand why its closing? I've had so much joy having fun in Pixie Hollow,
Its been a really good stress reliever being with my fairies, friends and also getting badges!

As they say, good things must come to an end.)

Its still really, really upsetting...

Last edited by xxMoonLeaf; 08-21-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:03 AM
Animal Talent
View Jellyblossom's Photo Album
Jellyblossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Make A Wish Award National Cookie Day 2012 Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Dreamy
Jellyblossom is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I just read the news and I'm in shock. I love my three fairies and I can't believe in a month they will just disappear. My hard working Jellyblossom, sweet and playful Jellysparkle and my own fairy fashionista Jellyspirit, I played with the for years and they have a whole personality to me. And their lovely homes, I had so much fun decorating them. Oh and now I won't ever see the baby bunny from Animal's Mother Day again and I was so close to my 600th badge and... It's just too sad
Old 08-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Proud Mom Fairy!
View Lila Mossgarden's Photo Album
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 115

My Mood: Baking
Lila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
That gaming thing is $75!!!

I JUST NOW found my old Clickables stuff! OMG I wanted to get a cool butterfly again.

I hope they'll make a different version but you never know.

I was talking to Sapphire and think a lot of yo feel the same. I didn't even know why I was doing the stupid quest to see that silly unicorn anymore ... I just didn't have the stomach for it - not to say that I didn't get that badge, the party badge and the "nail in the coffin" badge cuz I'm a badge addict :P

I just regret never trying to get Lila's last royals ...

as someone here said perfectly;

WORST SUMMER SPARKLER EVER!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:51 AM
Foxfeather Animal Fairy
View Foxfeather's Photo Album
Foxfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 173

My Mood: fairyish
Foxfeather is a Fast FlyerFoxfeather is a Fast FlyerFoxfeather is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent
What are they doing with the other Fairy sites like U.K. Russia and the other countries? Will those be closed too?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:28 AM
Still Tinkertastic ♥
View Lila Starshine's Photo Album
Lila Starshine's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award 

My Mood: Magical
Lila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairatera View Post
If they are COMPLETELY redoing the sites, they may have to scrap every character and profile and start from the very beginning. So, yes, you will still lose your fairy and everything you worked for BUT at least there is still hope for a NEW Pixie Hollow where you can start all over again and somewhat reminisce the feeling of being a new player in such a magical world!
This is what I HOPE is happening. It wasn't more than two days ago that my boyfriend told me that Flash was dead, and I was like "No it's not, you see me play my fairy game every day!" I hope that something with the same idea and spirit will be launched in the future, I mean come ON the movie is just starting to build hype!

If there is some sort of rebuild, you can bet Lila Starshine will be there, my sweet fairy <3 I'll miss all (11!) of my fairies, but letting Lila go is the most difficult, of course...
Old 08-21-2013, 06:30 AM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
I just cannot believe this...

I'm in tears. I really don't know what to say. Pixie Hollow has been a big part of my life and means so much to me. I can't believe I won't be able to fly with my fairies or talk to my flitterific friends anymore! No more snowy lullaby, no more wilderness adventures, no more sitting in the tearoom playing games... wow.

I know my fairies will all fly on without me, but I sure will miss them...
Old 08-21-2013, 07:05 AM
Is a Pixie
View Phoebe Twinklespark's Photo Album
Phoebe Twinklespark's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Creative
Phoebe Twinklespark has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent
They DID NOT plan on closing The Hollow yet. They wanted to keep it open. They make good money! They still had plans for it. Someone told me what happened because her dad works for a company that fixes big virus breakouts. Flash got a very bad virus that infected several of it's online games. I've heard other games on other websites are shutting down for the same reason. They didn't want to close it, they had to. PH, Toontown, and Pirates of the Carribean were being slowly eaten away by this virus and they couldn't do anything about it. I can only hope they'll bring it back someday, not running on Flash, and it'll be bigger and better than before.

Also one of my good friends told me they called them and they said they are planning a new PH for us that they want to finish by early next year. That's just a rumor though...so don't get your hopes up yet but maybe the hope will make some of us stop crying for a few minutes. :'(

There's also a petition if any of you are interested in signing it. I used a fake address. :P

Last edited by Onionleaf; 08-21-2013 at 08:05 AM. Reason: advertising
Old 08-21-2013, 09:49 AM
(/ ● ◡<)/ ★ミ
View Cutesky's Photo Album
Cutesky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
 May the Fourth 2016 Award Halloween 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Ethereal
Cutesky is a wiz at Fairy TagCutesky is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
It surely is incredible how important the Hollow is to us and how most of us are willing to save it!!

There are so many things to note, you know???? It took a LONG TIME for Cutesky to be where she is now. How far she's gone with her badges/achievements, her personality, her pouch gatherables, her tailoring, tinkering, baking, constantly coming up with interior designs for her house each time new collections come out with new things, having awesome friendships with so many of you, making sure to do a new quest literally the second it comes out, and as time consuming as it is, I willfully chose to do all of it because the Hollow grew on me! I'm sure you all can relate.

Honestly I am at a loss with words right now. I cannot fathom approaching the unfortunate reality that this experience has been but a dream.

I'm keeping this thread on check.

By the way, don't change your profile background if you love your current one. They removed the designs, as well as the membership plate.. we all have wooden ones now with no diamond pins.

cutesky
Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Busy with Pets or Books
View AutumnNeversprite's Photo Album
AutumnNeversprite's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Autumn 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Thankful For Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Artistic
AutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Water Talent Water Talent
Angry

I called them the moment i saw about if and from the sound of it they are closing pixie hollow to focus on Club Penguin and some of the others games.

So the best thing for us to either do is a petition or we do not play any other games for disney until they agree to keep pixie hollow open.

I mean why only give us less then a month to play and say are good byes to our friend and make everyone a member and unlimited diamond trades and some even brand new items and hair styles if they are gonna close in a little less then a month it's just not fair so I say petition them or refuse to play any of their other games until they let us keep Pixie Hollow because i have been play for almost 5 years now and i've been a paying member almost the whole time since i joined and i found i'm not getting any of the past money i put into the site back at all and i don't think that's fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Hollybell View Post
WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT INFORMATION???? Jenny needs to know! I need info :O :O :O :O
mine was but i was upgrading everything i own jsut in case we either A save the game or B the come to their senses and keep the game going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsfeet View Post
My wife said PH saved her sanity when we closed a business and had stress and I joined playing with her to have something to do together. We had four accounts, and twelve fairies...Shanna Lemonglow is just two badges short of 600; now her wardrobe is full, her badge has dropped to bronze and WE ARE IN SHOCK.
I suppose we couldn't start our own co-op and contract out artists and programmers? Most likely because of copyright issues. Disney should give this game away but they won't because they guard their material so closely. BUT if we could find a way to get our own copy protected game it wouldn't be difficult to find willing builders and artists. We could also do it in HTML5 which gets around the Flash issues we all slough through each day.
It is cruel of Disney. It doesn't surprise me. A co-operative effort would be the only thing to stop corporate mismanagement from breaking our hearts. But I have no answer as to how to get the interested fairies together to hammer out a NEW HOLLOW.
this would be a really great thing to do i have been looking into laws about websites because i'm sure i remember hearing some laws about notices needed given before closing. if anything here is a link to terms and info to maybe help look into making this idea happen.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Append..._in_technology

Last edited by _Stormy_; 08-21-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Merged double posts
Old 08-21-2013, 11:32 AM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
I like immediately broke out crieing
when I first found out from my mom,
I will miss this game so so soooo much!

It's just not fair...
Im trying to print off everything I can, my fairy in outfits,
My house, meadows, etc.
I hope we can do this and save pixie hollow!

-Silver Lightflower, a founding fairy, garden talent
Old 08-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Is a Pixie
View Phoebe Twinklespark's Photo Album
Phoebe Twinklespark's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Creative
Phoebe Twinklespark has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsfeet View Post
My wife said PH saved her sanity when we closed a business and had stress and I joined playing with her to have something to do together. We had four accounts, and twelve fairies...Shanna Lemonglow is just two badges short of 600; now her wardrobe is full, her badge has dropped to bronze and WE ARE IN SHOCK.
I suppose we couldn't start our own co-op and contract out artists and programmers? Most likely because of copyright issues. Disney should give this game away but they won't because they guard their material so closely. BUT if we could find a way to get our own copy protected game it wouldn't be difficult to find willing builders and artists. We could also do it in HTML5 which gets around the Flash issues we all slough through each day.
It is cruel of Disney. It doesn't surprise me. A co-operative effort would be the only thing to stop corporate mismanagement from breaking our hearts. But I have no answer as to how to get the interested fairies together to hammer out a NEW HOLLOW.
I love that idea! That's so great! I know a TON of us would be more than interested in doing that. We just need someone to buy the copyrights and then you'd need a programer as you said. I know a lot of us would send in our designs, you wouldn't even have to come up with your own. I think you should look for some of us over on Facebook. There's a ton of fairies there that use their PH names. Maybe start a group over there about it and see how many people are interested in helping out. I think it's a great plan, far too good to just throw away. I hope you can find some way to make that a reality and I'm sure all of us would be more than happy to help you make it happen. We just need someone to make the first move.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Is a Pixie
View 4930berlin's Photo Album
4930berlin's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Pixie Resolution Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Guess The Picture Participant's Award Spring 2012 Award Winter Solstice Award Pixie Resolution Award Happy Holidays'11 Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Sad
4930berlin has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I am shocked and really upset. I love PH and I have been playing it since over 3 years. Does anybody know why they are closing it??? I am an adult and I loved it starting my work day with a while of PH. It made me feel young and carefree. So upset.
Ruby Roseheart