PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Tales > Hollow Tales

Hollow Tales When the pixie dust runs out.

Old Colorless Pixie Hollow

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:44 AM
Gone camping
View RiverLunaMorningvalley's Photo Album
RiverLunaMorningvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award Thankful For Award EKB Meme Award 
Total Awards: 34

My Mood: Pixieish
RiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Rainbow Colorless Pixie Hollow

Hi guys! I had an idea for this book. So... Here it is!

Chapter 1

Cinnamon Flickerjewel laughed as the fireflies circled around her.
"Stand still, Cinnamon!" I chuckled. "They'll keep moving if you are!"
"Okay, okay!" Cinnamon smiled as she lit up a green firefly.
I looked at the sunset. It was going to be dark soon.
"I'm going to finish up this red firefly and then we go home for the night, okay?" I tell Cinnamon.
"Um yeah. We're all done, right?"
"Yeah." I light up the red firefly and smile. Cinnamon and I head back over to Sunflower Gully.
"Sienna?" Cinnamon whispers.
"Yes?"
"I like being a light talent..."
"Well.... Me too! Wh-why are you just saying this?" I stare at Cinnamon. She pushes her short, blonde hair out of her face.
"I don't know. I'm just glad that we make rainbows too. And light up the night sky."
"Yeah. Imagine Pixie Hollow without any rainbows, or fireflies!" I look up at the moon.
"Or color!" Cinnamon exclaims.
"Wow. THAT would be something!" I whisper. "We're lucky it isn't that way, though." Cinnamon nods and walks up the path to her sunflower home.
"Bye!" She calls from her porch.
"See you tomorrow!" I smile as I go to my house.
Lilytree is waiting for me at the door.
"What's wrong little girl?" I smile at my pink bee. She is hungry. I feed her some rose petals, and then, I'm off to sleep.

Well, what do you guys think? Should I keep writing? Or is it a lost cause? Please tell me your opinion.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:58 AM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award Thankful For Award EKB Meme Award 

RiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A list
Chapter 2

That night, I have a strange dream.

Queen Clarion is standing on the balcony of her palace, sobbing. The ministers have sorrowful faces on and stare at the ground. Queen Clarion announces something, but all the other pixies are talking so I cannot hear anything.

I woke up in a cold sweat. What a weird dream!
I looked at my quilt. It was grey.
"What???" I gasped. I look around the room. All the color is gone.
"OMG!" I whisper as I run out the door with Lilytree close behind. Outside, the color has melted away too. It's all gray!
"No!" I shrieked as I laid down on the banks of the river.
"No no no!" I cried.
Cinnamon busted out of her door and came running down to see me.
"Sienna? Did you see the-"
"Yes! YES! It cannot be real! This is NOT happening! All the color is gone!" I sob and look over at colorless Lilytree and Cinnamon.
Horns blare three times. Emergency meeting in Havendish for ALL pixies.

When Cinnamon, Lilytree, and I get there, the town is mobbed with pixies. Queen Clarion steps forward on her balcony. I freeze. It's just like my dream.
The crowd goes silent.
"Attention, all fairies of Pixie Hollow! Last night, while EVERYONE was fast asleep- yes, even the Tinker Fairies, a horrible human put a spell on all of Pixie Hollow. As a result of this spell- all the color faded from the Hollow."
Angry shouts erupted from the crowd. Queen Clarion just hung her head and cried.
"Attention!" The Minister of Spring stepped up.
"*sniff* As I was saying, the only way for the color to return to Pixie Hollow is if three, and only THREE, fairies venture out to the Mainland to find the three color jewels and return them to Pixie Hollow. At the conclusion of this meeting, all pixies must report to their talent headquarters to be informed who those three pixies are. The rest of you, will be back to your daily work and go about your business as any day." The Queen told us.
"JUST A DARN MINUTE!" Cinnamon yelled. Everyone turned to stare at her. "Just what in the world are the rest of the Light Talent lot supposed to do while the Three Stooges attempt to try and "save the Hollow"?" Cinnamon was angry.
"Cinnamon!" I scolded.
"We can't exactly make rainbows, preserve light, bend sunbeams, or light up fireflies, can we? No, because along with losing color, we also lost light! Now it's just all gray!" Cinnamon snapped. Queen Clarion sighed.
"You will do what Iridessa commands you to. That's all I can say." The Queen puts on a fake smile and walks back into the palace.

Later, at Iridessa's Glade, we all sit at tables.
"Okay, sunshines! I will now read the names of the three fairies who will be embarking on the Quest For Color. Don't freak out." Iridessa smiled.
"First, from the Water Talents, Skyler Wonderdrop.
Second, from the Garden Talents, Ella Snowroot.
Third, from...the Light Talents..... Sienna Silkbell!"

It's me. Only me.

Last edited by RiverLunaMorningvalley; 08-13-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Miss you all <3
View Julie Sunripple's Photo Album
Julie Sunripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 65

My Mood: fairyish
Julie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Interesting story! I'd love to read more.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

@ Julie. Thanks!

Chapter 3

"No no NO!" Cinnamon cries. "Sienna can't go! We're best friends! We have to do EVERYTHING together!"
"Cinnamon Flickerjewel!" Iridessa scolds. "I know you two are best friends, but that doesn't mean Sienna has an excuse for dropping out on the quest. We didn't choose these randomly. We chose them by their skill in their talent. Sienna is a highly-respectable Light Talent. That is why she was chosen. Sit down please." Iridessa sighs. I frown. Cinnamon is going to miss me so much. I'll miss her. And Lilytree- Oh no. Lilytree.
"Wait!" I yell. "What about my bee, Lilytree?"
"Um...yes. About that. The ministers have allowed you to take one pet. I guess Lilytree can come." Iridessa smiles.
"Thanks" I say as I head home to pack. Cinnamon follows.
"Listen up, Sienna. I know Iridessa needs you on this quest, but you need to step back and let some other light fairy go on the quest. The Mainland is dangerous, and plus-" Cinnamon starts blubbering. "I-I don't know what I would do without you!" Cinnamon sobs and collapses on the sunflower couch.
"Cinnamon. You're going to be fine. And so am I. But I really want to go on this quest and I think the Queen needs me to. I'm sorry. If you could come, I'd make sure you would." I try to calm Cinnamon down.
"O-okay." She covers her face. "But....be careful out there." She hugs me and then leaves.
Cinnamon.
I don't know HOW she is going to deal with this.

I am finished packing, so I grab my suitcase and Lilytree and we head for Queen Clarion's palace. I will now meet the other members of the quest. My partners for almost two months.

As I step into the Great Hall of the palace, the Minister of Summer greets me.
"Hello Sienna. Follow me." She says in her cheerful, sweet voice. I follow her into a round room with a long, semicircle couch, and a lengthy coffee table. The other ministers and two fairies are sitting on the sofa. I take a seat next to a girl with long, blonde hair and hazel eyes. She smiles timidly.
Queen Clarion enters the room.
"Hello, my quest achievers. It's now time to meet your acquaintances."
Old 08-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

Chapter 4

"First, I would like to introduce our Water Talent fairy for the quest. Skyler Wonderdrop!" The fairy with long, blonde hair steps up.
"Hi I'm Skyler. So just so the rest of ya know, I'm gonna be the leader in our group cuz I'm a Water Pixie. Those are the MOST important in this quest. So you two, get used to following MY orders!" She points at the other fairy and me.
"Actually, Miss Wonderdrop, there is no leader, as the three of you will share equal ruling and use teamwork." Queen Clarion frowns at Skyler.
"'K. Whatever." Skyler flicks her wrist as if to dismiss the topic.
"Skyler, why don't you tell your teammates about yourself?" The Queen suggests.
"Um....'k. So...like I live in Chilly Falls, even though I'm a Water Talent, but like, it's a free Hollow, so who really gives two twigs about me living in the Winter Woods? And...like, my main job is, like, creating puddles. There. Skyler is OUT!" She snaps her fingers and sits down.
"Okay....Next, our Garden Fairy, Ella Snowroot!" Queen Clarion smiles. The other fairy with long, black hair, and brown eyes stands up and quietly walks over to Queen Clarion.
"Um.....hi I'm....Ella Snowroot..." She says in a whisper.
"Okay. Why don't you say a bit about yourself?"
".........I live in..... Cherryblossom Heights. And.....I um....plant tulips..." She whispers.
"Okay! Next, our Light Fairy, Sienna Silkbell!" I walk over to Queen Clarion and smile at my teammates.
"I'm Sienna Silkbell! I live in Sunflower Gully and I light up fireflies." I hold up Lilytree. "And this is my bee, Lilytree!" I grin and sit back down.
"Okay. Thank you. The ministers will show you to your chambers for tonight. Please get well rested, because tomorrow, you learn your official task and head off to the Mainland. Goodnight!" The Queen smiled.

The Minister of Summer took me down a hallway to a yellow door that said:

Sienna Silkbell

I thanked her and went inside the room. It was decorated in a warm yellow. I placed Lilytree on a little chair and went to bed.

Chapters 5 and 6 coming soon!

Last edited by RiverLunaMorningvalley; 08-19-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-15-2013, 03:02 AM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

Chapter 5

It is still dark outside. My eyes scan the room, worried. What would happen if the quest went wrong? Would Pixie Hollow stay colorless for the end of time? Ideas are spinning around in my head. Why me? I wonder. Out of all the light pixies, they HAD to choose me. Why? Lilytree wakes up and stares at me. I rub my eyes.
"Go back to sleep, girl. Morning is far away..."

After what seems like two minutes, the Minister of Summer wakes me up.
"Hiya, Sienna! It's time to staaaaaart yoooooour MISSION!" The minister squeals.
"Yippee." I groan as I roll onto the floor.
"Meeting in the Conference Room at nine!" She says, bubbly. "Don't be laaaaate!" The minister calls from down the hall. I frown and get dressed, eat a blueberry muffin I found in the cabinet, and go to the Conference Room.
"Hello Sienna." Queen Clarion's warm voice greets me. She turns to the rest of us.
"Now, this quest will be difficult, so I want you all to listen carefully."
"First, you must travel to the Midwest of the United States and find the blue gem. This will mainly be Skyler's part of the journey, so please let her do the majority.
Then, you must go east to France, and find the red gem, which is mainly Ella's part.
Finally, you will go south to India and seek the yellow gem, which is Sienna's part. Understand so far?" The Queen raises an eyebrow.
"Yeah yeah. Um, what do we do once we find the gems?" Skyler asks.
"You come back to Neverland and give me the gems. I will take it from there." The Queen tells us.
"'K. This is eas-y!" Skyler scoffs. Ella's face darkens.
"You may think that now, but I assure you it won't be once we start!" Ella says quietly.
"Hmm. Yeah. No!" Skyler laughs and stands up.
"I hope we all understand our task, no?" Queen Clarion smiles.
"Yes, Your Highness!" Ella and I reply.
"Yeah, it's 'k!" Skyler brushes her off and sits down.
"Now that we all understand, it is time to depart for the Mainland. But remember. You cannot be seen by the humans!!!" Queen Clarion says, worried.
"We won't!" We all answer.
"Thank you! Well, have a safe journey! And please be back before the Autumn Revelry!" Queen Clarion waves a tissue as we fly off the balcony.
"Autumn Revelry?" Skyler speaks the word like it's alien.
"Yeah. You know, the lights, the fireworks, the celebration..."
"Yeah, I KNOW! But what day is it?" Skyler grunts.
"It is Tuesday." I answer.
"Yeah but what month?"
"Well, it's late March. We have plenty of time before the Revelry!" I inform her.
"Good!" Skyler snaps and she zips ahead. I sigh and keep flying next to Ella.
It's going to be a difficult quest....
Old 08-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

Chapter 6

Hours later, we land somewhere in Iowa. Skyler is already bossing Ella and me around.
"Go left! No, no! More left!" She shrieks.
"Skyler, can't you just ask someone for help. They might know where a blue gem is." I sigh.
"No no NO!" Skyler screams. "This is MY part of the quest, so we're doing it MY way!" Skyler hollers.
"Please calm down..." Ella pipes up. She flies over to the other side of the cornfield and crouches down. Ella picks up a piece of paper.
"Hey! It's a clue!" She smiles as Skyler and I fly over.
"Give me that!" Skyler hisses as she snatches it out of Ella's hand.
"It says 'A crow's worst nightmare.'" Skyler reads the paper and throws it down. "What in the Winter Woods is THAT supposed to mean?!?" Skyler clenches her teeth.
"Calm down. Ella and I will figure it out." I smile sadly at her.
"Uh...NO!" Skyler runs over.
"Wait!" Ella stops walking.
"What is it?"
"You know how crows are scared of scarecrows? What if that has something to do with it?" Ella suggests.
"That is GENIUS! Thanks, Ella!" I exclaim.

Sure enough, next to the scarecrow is the blue gem!
"I'LL pick it up!" Skyler snaps as she flits over there. She picks it up and places it in her satchel.

Later that night, while Ella, Skyler and I are sleeping on a pile of straw, I think about how much progress we've made. It's only been one day, and we've found one of the gems! It's amazing, considering we have seven months to complete this quest. At the rate we're going, we'll be finished by April! I smile as I drift off to sleep.

Boy, was I wrong!

Last edited by RiverLunaMorningvalley; 08-19-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 08-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

Chapter 7

The first thing I hear when I wake up is Skyler's clapping.
"Come on! Get up! Now! I'm in charge, so GET UP!" She shrieks.
"You know, Skyler. Your part of the quest is over. It's my turn now! Ella grins.
"Uh I don't think so!" Skyler snaps her fingers. "Anyways, you stole my part of the quest and you went a head and found the gem!" Skyler hissed.
"Only because YOU weren't doing anything!" Ella crossed her arms.
"Everyone calm down!" I put my hands on their shoulders. "And it IS Ella's part of the quest!" I look at Skyler.
"Whatever. It's not like I even wanted to be on this quest!" She grunts.

France is a LONG ways away. So, Ella, Skyler, and I end up hitching a ride on a cruise ship on a towel rack. Not bad.

When we exit the ship, we are in a provincial French town. Ella's eyes immediately light up as she zips from store window to store window.
"It's a town!" Skyler snaps. "Get over it." I glare at her and flutter after Ella.

Hours later, the three of us sit on a fencepost. We have not even found a clue.
"How the maple leaves are we supposed to find one little gem in an entire country!" Skyler burst out.
"I'm sure there's a clue somewhere..." I scan the landscape.
"Yeah. If we're lucky, we'll find it in about two years!" Skyler kicks a rock on the ground. Ella zips over and picks up the rock.
"Omg what does it take to entertain you, Ella? It's like you could watch a leaf like it's television!" Skyler grunts. Ella glares at her and turns the rock over.
"The clue!" She gasps and reads it.
"It says, "Look for the fromage!'" Ella stares at it.
"Um. Does anyone here know French?" I ask hopefully. Skyler shuffles over.
"I do." She says simply.
"Great! What does 'fromage' mean?" I smile.
"Cheese." Skyler snorts.
"A cheese shop!" Ella cries as she zips back to one of the windows she looked in. There's the cheese. Now all we gotta do is find the gem!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:52 AM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

Chapter 8

We open the door to the cheese shop and fly inside. There are cheeses EVERYWHERE! Every type I could think of is right before my eyes!
"How are we gonna find one gem in all this cheese?" Skyler screams.
"We search every cheese!" Ella declares.

And so, the searching begins! We search in cheddar, mozzarella, feta, Swiss, white cheddar, every single type!

Skyler sits down on a wheel of cheese.
"It's useless!" She sighs and lies down.
"No! If we work extra hard and try our best, we will find the gem! Ella smiles.
"Yah. No. I'm just gonna lay here while you solve the mystery. Good night!" Skyler closes her eyes.
"Skyler!" I scold. "We're a team. We have to find it together. You should help just as much as Ella and I should.
"Yeah. Well. You're already busy working. What's the point of me helping too?" Skyler snaps and turns over.
"We're a team. You help too!" I am starting to get impatient.
"Look, it's late. Why can't I get some shuteye? You should too. We can search the cheese shop tomorrow, okay?" Skyler fakes a smile.
"Fine." I sigh because I can't think of a reason NOT to give in.
"Ella." I call. "We're going to rest now. We can search tomorrow." I frown and lie on a soft circle of cheese. Ella hops over, sighs, and lies on the wheel next to me.

I feel like we should be searching for the gem. But we have plenty of time.

Last edited by RiverLunaMorningvalley; 08-19-2013 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Same as edit before ^_^
Old 08-31-2013, 11:16 PM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

Film

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile!

Chapter 9

The next morning, we continue our long search for the red gem.
"It could be anywhere!" Skyler cried.
"We will find it, don't worry" I told her softly. Ella smiled at us and continued her search through the Swiss cheeses. I fly over to assist her. I turn around and spot a giant, red wheel of cheese. I look at Ella, furiously digging through the individually-wrapped cheeses, and flutter over.

The wheel is gigantic! It is about the size of a tire for humans! I stare at it and begin scanning its surface for the red gem. No sign. I am about to head over to the section with bleu cheese, when I see something jutting out from the wheel. I walk over and look around the wheel. Then I see something shiny. I look at the object jutting out and gasp. It's the red gem! I begin attempting to tug it out of the wheel, but it doesn't budge. Suddenly, I hear a jingle from the entry way! A human! Most likely the shopkeeper. I run across the aisle, grab Ella's collar and dash over the the shop window where we had rested last night.
"Sienna! What? I- Omg. Let go! Seriously!!! I-Oh no!" Ella looks up and sees the shopkeeper.
The shopkeeper hollers angrily as he runs after us. I scream and climb onto the windowsill and run over to where Skyler is standing, paralyzed in fear, staring at the red faced man.
"Sienna?" She hisses, freaked out. I grab them and dart behind a cutout of a French chef. The human looks around, scratches his head and walks away, cautiously.
"That was close!" I wipe the sweat from my forehead.
"Sienna. What the snowflakes was going on back there?" Ella demands, angry.
"Ella. I was saving your life! That human wanted to squish us!" I say, sadly.
"Oh. OMG! Sienna! Thank you so much! I'm sorry I was mad about that! You are a hero!" She sobs as she hugs me.
"Sienna. I totally freaked back there. Thanks for saving me!" Skyler grins, sourly.
"You're welcome guys. I just wanted to save you!" Then, the important thing snaps back to me.
"Guys! I found the red gem!"

Last edited by Julie Sunripple; 09-01-2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: non-English discussion
Old 09-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

Chapter 10

"You what?" Ella whispers in awe. She runs over to the wheel where I'm standing.
"Yep. I found it." I smile and pat the gem. Skyler follows and when she sees the gem, she immediately tries to pull it out.
"It's stuck!" Skyler yells. I sigh and assist her in trying to get the gem out. It does not even wiggle. We all sit down for a while and think. Ella sighs and buries her head in her hands.
Skyler stands up and climbs onto the shop counter.
"Skyler?" I stare at her. She puts a finger to her lips.
"Oh. Okay!" I whisper.

Skyler grabs a pencil that belongs to the shopkeeper. For a while she just stands, closes her eyes, and takes a deep breath. Suddenly, Skyler hollers a battle cry and sprints towards the edge of the counter. She jumps off and glides through the air. Skyler points the tip of the pencil towards the gem and lands forcefully. The impact of the pencil knocks the gen out of its nook. Skyler throws down the pencil and picks up the gem, victorious. Ella jerks her head up, and her eyes widen.
"Skyler..." I whisper. It's all I can say. Not Ella, though. She instantly runs over and hugs Skyler.
"You did it! You did it! YOU DID IT!" She screams and jumps up and down. Skyler smiles and gives the gem to Ella. She squeals and puts it in her satchel.

Footsteps are coming from the back room. The shopkeeper pokes his head out of the storeroom. Uh oh. He sees us. The shopkeeper charges out and jumps over the counter.
"We'd better fly, girls!" I tell them as we zip up and fly out the door. I look back and see the shopkeeper in the window, eyes as big as teacups and mouth wide open.

Next stop, India!
Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 AM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

Chapter 11

"So I was wondering..." Skyler drawls when we wake up the next morning. We are all laying on tiny mushrooms in a field.
"How are we gonna get to India?" Skyler asks.
"Um. Good question..." I look down, thinking.
"Maybe we could take a boat again?" Ella suggests.
"We COULD, but usually there aren't many ships from France to India..." I tell her.
"Wait!" Skyler jumps up. "We could fly on an AIRPLANE!" Her eyes glisten.
"Why would we fly in an airplane when we can fly by ourselves?" Ella asks Skyler.
"Um...Duh! Cuz it's cooler!" Skyler lounges on the mushroom, chewing a strand on straw.
"Flying all the way to India is hard, Ella!" I explain. "And it would be pretty cool to go in an airplane."
"WAIT!" Skyler shrieks. "What if we rode this little guy...?" Skyler points into the air and whistles. A dove dives straight down to us and lands gracefully.
"Wow!" Ella goggles. "Wha- How did you do that?"
"Sandy has been my pal for a while!" Skyler pets Sandy's head. "Now let's go old girl!" Skyler taps the reins and off we soar up into the sky.

The view is simply breathtaking! Waterfalls, mountains, I NEVER imagined the Mainland like this! Sandy soars south east and we pass a large sea.
"THAT is the Mediterranean Sea!" Skyler points down, noting my puzzled look.
"Wow! It's huge!" Ella claps her hands.

Hours later we go through a long, winding desert. It seems so lonely, desolate, and endless. I can't imagine living there! There is nowhere in Pixie Hollow like it! We pass through jungles, forests, mountains, lakes, and whatnot until we reach what looks like India! Sandy lands, cooing while aksyler pets her head. As Sandy takes off, Ella, Skyler and I start to plan where we're going to go. Humans start to sense something suspicious, so we duck into a bush and call it a day.

Last edited by RiverLunaMorningvalley; 09-05-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Fix words
Old 09-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

Chapter 12

"Okay so HOW are we gonna find the yellow gem?" Ella asks us the next morning.
"We do what we did in France!" I tell her. "Search for clues!" We fly out from behind the bush and head towards a jungle. Ella cracks a smile as she zips into the jungle ahead of us.
"She's just loving this, isn't she?" Skyler smirks and looks at me.
"I guess she likes how many plants are in there..." I smile at Skyler.

Skyler totally reminds me of Vidia. While she may seem sour on the outside, she can be really nice once you get to know her! I don't know why I didn't make that connection before!

Skyler and I follow Ella into the jungle. We search high and low for the yellow gem, but we can't find anything! A little while later, we call out for Ella to come over here so we can regroup. She doesn't answer.
"Ella?" I yell some more.
"Ella! Seriously? I don't see anything funny or cute about this! I'm serious! Stop hiding!" Skyler hollers as she looks around.
"She's lost!" I cry as I swath frantically for Ella.
"No!" Skyler screeches. "Sil will HATE me for this!"

I sigh and plop down on a tree branch. How could this get any worse? We're lost. In a jungle. We can't find our friend. We can't find the gem. I start crying quietly and lean my head against the sleek, brown tree. Ella. She will be so scared when she realizes she's lost in a jungle. And night will fall soon... Ugh! I can't bear it! Ella will totally freak out! I can't just set up camp here, not doing anything about Ella! She-She might encounter a TIGER! I've heard horrible stories about them! Don't ask me WHY some fairies are named after them!

I turn to Skyler and tell her we have to find Ella. Even if its going to be night soon!
"What? Are you crazy? We'll be even more lost than Ella if we do that! Well. Whatever. Let's go!" Skyler smiles grinly and flutters west, towards where we saw Ella last.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:10 AM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

Chapter 13

Skyler zips from tree to tree yelling for Ella. I try to keep up but Skyler is so fast... I eventually just fly normally and try to keep Skyler in my sight. We search for hours, yet we never hear a peep.

A little while later, I am resting on a log after following Skyler. She is constantly turning around and around, calling for Ella while I rest. I look down and see a red hair clip. It belongs to Ella!
"Skyler!" I wave her over.
"What is THAT?" Skyler stares at the clip.
"You don't recognize it? That's Ella's bow she always wears! It means she must be at least nearby." I pick it up and start yelling for Ella again.

"Well I hope we find her soon!" Skyler whispers. "I'm getting tired!" Her eyes close for a moment then she keeps flying. I am really worried about Ella! How can she not be nearby? We just saw her bow! I shed a quiet tear and look behind a fallen tree. I almost faint with what I just saw. Ella!

She's huddled in a little ball, cheeks dirty and glistening from mud and tears.
"Ella!" I cry and shake her to wake her up. She doesn't move.
"Skyler!" I sob. Skyler screams and zips over.
"No!" She shrieks. "Ella is unconscious!" Skyler bends down and picks up Ella.
"Hurry! I'll set up camp. You try to heal her!" I instruct Skyler. She nods and starts picking plants.

I pin up an oak leaf tent that I had rolled up and stuffed in my satchel. I decide we need a campfire, because it WILL get cold tonight. I find some sticks and start to run them together. It takes at least an hour for me to get a fire started. I take some sunflower seeds from my satchel and start making a soup out of them.
"Skyler! We're ready!" I wave her over. She smiles and deals Ella over with her. We place her close to the campfire for warmth. Skyler gives her some berries.
"Uh Skyler?" I give her a worried look.
"Just trust me on this!" Skyler grins.

Ella's eyes flutter open and she sits up slowly. When she sees us, she almost bursts out in tears.
"Sienna! Skyler! I'm so glad you found me! I-I-I looked back about an hour after we went into the jungle an-and you weren't there! I went too far and-" She immediately starts sobbing.
"Yes Ella! Shh. It's okay. Hey, Sienna found your bow!" Skyler hands Ella the red bow.
"So that's where it went!" Ella cheers. "Thanks guys!" Suddenly she perks up a little bit and digs around in her satchel. "I totally forgot! While I was flying around, I found a clue!" Ella hands me a crumpled piece of paper.
"Excellent!" I squeal and hug her. "We'll figure it out tomorrow. But let's get some sleep. It's been a long day."
Ella and Skyler nod and drain their soup. We crawl into the tent and fall fast asleep.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Gone camping
Awards Showcase

Chapter 14

The first thing we do that morning is look at the clue.
"You can read it, Sienna!" Ella takes it out of my satchel. Skyler and Ella gather around me, while I read.
"It says 'Like a coconut!'" I stare at it.
"What's that supposed to mean!" A sour look comes across Ella's face. "I waited this long to read the clue and it turns out it means absolutely nothing!" Ella stands up.
"WAIT!" Skyler jumps up. "I think I know what it means!" She follows Ella and drags her back to where I'm sitting.
"It means that the gem would be disguised as a coconut." Skyler tells Ella.
"OH! Okay that makes much more sense. Let's go!" Ella grins as she heads towards the path we took to enter the jungle. Skyler and I glance at each other and take off after Ella. Suddenly, Ella halts at a particularly odd coconut tree.
"Doesn't this tree look...strange to you?" Ella asks us as she knocks on the tree. It's not hollow.
"Um no!" Skyler laughs. "It looks totally normal." She giggles and continues up the path.
"No!" I zip after Skyler. "We have to see if the gem is in one of those coconuts!" Skyler grunts and follows me back.

Ella begins the siege. First, she shakes the tree, causing the majority of the coconuts to fall onto the black jungle ground.
I pick them up, one by one, and place them on a log. Skyler has a sharp piece of metal she found, so she uses that to spilt each batch of coconuts open.

After an hour of the coconut assembly line, we are all tuckered out. Still no sign of the yellow gem.
"Ugh." Skyler groans. "My arm hurts from chopping coconuts." She frowns and drinks some water she packed into her satchel. There's an awkward silence for awhile until I break it.
"So...what does Snowroot mean anyways?" I ask Ella about her last name.
"Um. Well my dad is a Frost fairy, so he chose Snow as part of our last name. My mom is a Garden fairy, so she chose Root. So now I'm Ella Snowroot!" This seemed to lighten up Ella's spirits. Skyler, hearing our conversation, leans over and adds,
"I'm Skyler Wonderdrop because my mom used to be a wondrous fairy. She went on several quests. Hence her nickname, Wonder Willow, (Willow was her first name), she chose Wonder as part of my last name. My dad chose drop, cuz that added a watery touch to it." Skyler informs us.
"Your mom was Wonder Willow?" I whisper in awe. Wonder Willow was a legend in Pixie Hollow!
"Yup!" Skyler beamed. "I can get you both some free autographs." She says proudly.
"Nah. That's okay!" Ella and I say in unison. Suddenly, Ella stands up.
"I'm hungry. I'm gonna go bust open a coconut. Be right back!" She calls as she flutters over to the queer looking tree. I smile and continue talking to Skyler. Suddenly, I hear a horrible scream. Skyler and I both stand up at the exact same time and dash to rescue Ella.

Last edited by RiverLunaMorningvalley; 09-08-2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Random "b" in post o.O