PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion

Fairies General Discussion General Pixie Hollow/Fairies Gaming Discussions which do not fit anywhere else.

Old Hello, Fairies and Sparrow-Men

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:18 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Hello, Fairies and Sparrow-Men

So, some of you may know me. Some of you may not. That doesn't matter. We're all fairies or sparrow-men and we all played on Pixie Hollow. We have those two things in common so if you don't know me that should be a nice start to a possible flitterific fairy friendship!

In case nobody has noticed or if you haven't been on in a while, Pixie Hollow Forums has become quiet. A lot of it's members don't come on anymore and that's okay. I bet many of them simply outgrew PH/PHF/Disney Fairies. I would even bet some have forgotten their username/password.

All of that is fine. However, what's not fine is letting a wonderful site like this fade away. We can't let that happen.

So, I have decided to create this thread as a way for us fairies and sparrow-men to chat, have fun, and maybe play a few games that turn into a thread of their own! Basically, a virtual, forum-based, Havendish Square!

This is a thread that is for old members of PHF and new members. Everyone is welcome! Tell your fairy friends about this and maybe, with a little bit of faith, trust, and Pixie Dust, we can bring PHF back to it's former glory.

I'll start things off with a fun little activity:

Rank all of the Tinker Bell films from your favorite to least favorite. This goes without saying, but let's all be respectful of everyone's ranking and opinions.

Here's my list:

1. Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure - I watched this one all the time as a kid. It's such a fun adventure and the film's atmosphere is so wonderful. You can't go wrong with the look of autumn. It has a score that is classic Tinker Bell. Also, this is like the only film that really developed Tink and Terrence's relationship. <3

2. Tinker Bell - The first film of any franchise/film series is almost always the best or second best film. Tinker Bell is a Disney classic. This is the movie that introduced all of us to Tinker Bell and the world of Pixie Hollow. Without this film, we wouldn't be here on Pixie Hollow Forums. The animation is lovely, the score is great, we get introduced to Silvermist, Rosetta, Fawn, and co. It's just a lovely, feel-good film.

3. Secret of the Wings - This film really changed the course of the Tinker Bell films and it's lore too. Who knew Tinker Bell had a sister?! Periwinkle was such a great addition to the Disney Fairies franchise. She's such a fun character! Not to mention, it was so cool seeing a fairy from the winter realm of Pixie Hollow as a main character! Now, I do have some continuity issues with this film. The design of Pixie Hollow itself is completely different from what we see in the first two films. It looks like they redesigned the entire place. It doesn't look bad at all. I just don't see why they needed to change it. Also, in the first Tinker Bell movie when Bauble and Clank are showing Tink around after she arrived, they fly straight through the winter realm with no wing problems. Those are my main issues with the film. Also, I would've liked for the title to have "Tinker Bell and" like the movies before it, but that's just a small issue that doesn't take me out of the film. Everything else is amazing. The score still stays true to it's roots. The animation is gorgeous, all of the new characters are likable and intriguing. The atmosphere is great too! You can't go wrong with this one.

4. The Pirate Fairy - This film is very entertaining. I loved the addition and the story of Zarina. I loved seeing young Captain Hook (played by none other than the lovely and talented Tom Hiddleston). Seeing Tink and her friends get their talents switched around was awesome! I can't remember the score that well, but I don't think it was very reminiscent of the previous Tinker Bell films. Although with everything that took place in this movie, it probably didn't have to be. The animation was still great, though aesthetically speaking it's not my favorite. All of the Pixie Dust related stuff was beautiful though. None of it was bad though. The story was really intriguing as well. Zarina sort of creating a new talent at the end was really cool, but it does make me wonder what happened on her arrival day. What magic talent orb floated towards her? I remember in the Disney Fairies novels there was a fairy that was born without a talent but I think she eventually gave herself one. Was Zarina like that? Who knows. I would've LOVED to have seen more from Zarina. Periwinkle and her friends too. It's a shame we never got to see them again after their respective films.

5. The Pixie Hollow Games - I remember watching this movie when it premiered on Disney Channel. I'm pretty sure I had already bought some of the toys that came out for this film and I know I got more after seeing it. This was the last Tinker Bell movie that felt like a Tinker Bell movie. Or at least the three films before it. Everything about it was great! The characters, the story, the animation. The score may have been a bit generic (though it did fit the sporty-ness of this movie) but we also didn't really hear much of it in the first place. I mean, the movie is like 30 minutes or less and a big chunk of the film has Zendaya's song playing. I LOVED meeting Chloe! She was such a fun character! I definitely think we needed see more of her. She should've become a permanent member of the Tinker Bell friend group. We were also introduced to Rumble and Glimmer. Those two characters were really cool and interesting. It was our first time seeing Storm Fairies and I think that talent was introduced well and represented well (sort of... Rumble was kind of... well... he was Rumble. ). I wish we could've seen more of this talent and these characters. We also got to see some cool side characters like Vidia's partner Zephyr (whom I was always a big fan of), Iridessa's partner Lumina, and Garden fairies Fern, Ivy, and Lilac. The Pixie Hollow Games themselves were really cool too! It was really entertaining to watch all the various talents compete against each other in these cool sports/challenges. I'm really glad we got this film. It would've been awesome if there was a follow-up movie to this one. Maybe a winter games one or another Pixie Hollow Games. Or maybe they should've made a 30 minute movie like this that only focused on the side characters, that also included Chloe, Rumble, and Glimmer.

6. Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast - Now this was a surprising film. This is the only Tinker Bell film that was... dark. Yeah, The Lost Treasure had some dark elements to it. The pirate ship was pretty scary (obviously when you're young. Now that I'm older it doesn't scare me like it used to. xD). But this one was way more dark. Not "The Dark Knight" dark, of course. But definitely dark for a Tinker Bell film. It was really good though! The score and KT's songs were all really good, though as Tinker Bell movie scores go, it didn't have a classic Tinker Bell sound to it. Well, some parts did but overall it sounded like a fairly generic but really good movie score. The animation was still great. The story was intriguing. Getting to know more about and to see more from Fawn was great too, but since she was the main character I don't see why this film had "Tinker Bell and" in the title. I feel like that wasn't needed. As always, I loved meeting and seeing the new character Nyx. Now, I haven't seen this film in a while but if I recall correctly Nyx had a change of heart over the Neverbeast or something. I think that change felt a little too... out of the blue and predictable. I could've used more character development for her. Still, it's always awesome to see new characters. There are probably some cool side characters I'm forgetting about too. The reason I rank this film so low is that... it just didn't feel enough like a Tinker Bell movie. I have no problem with a films in a franchise taking risks and shaking things up but you still need to capture the feel and essence of the universe that you're making the movie about. This one didn't feel enough like a Tinker Bell movie. Something was missing. I just don't really know what. I should probably watch it again.

7 Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue - I don't know why I'm putting this film at the very bottom of my list. I probably need to watch it again. I used to watch it all the time as a kid. I still remember quite a lot of it. The animation, as always, was beautiful, the score was classic Tinker Bell and the whole feel of the movie was classic Tink. I LOVED seeing more Vidia (she's my favorite character) and I also LOVED seeing her relationship with Tink grow and develop. Introducing a human that happened to be a little girl and putting that little girl at the forefront of this movie was a great move. It reminded me of the animated Peter Pan movies. I guess the only negative thing for me is... the story itself. Like, it wasn't a bad story. It just wasn't *as* interesting as the previous films. But like I said, I should probably watch it again. Maybe when I do, I'll switch places with it and Neverbeast.

One thing I loved about all of the films... was the outfit changes. I absolutely adored seeing the fairies where new clothes every time there was a new movie. Lost Treasure, Great Fairy Rescue, Secret of the Wings, and Pixie Hollow Games had some of my favorite outfits. Pirate Fairy's was cool too.

So, there we go. Hopefully this is the beginning of something truly special.

Fly with you all later!!

P.s. Sorry for any and all typos.

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 01-10-2018 at 11:18 PM. Reason: edited some stuff
Old 01-04-2018, 12:16 AM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Welcome back Alexa! Here's my ranking.

1. The first one, it brings back so much memories and it was the reason why 2009 was the peak of my childhood. This movie is the most beautiful out of all of them with the most beautiful music. I thought it was so magical and colorful. I love the memories it brings as well as the simple storyline and some of my favorite moments from all the disney fairies movies with the baby bird scene being my #1/

2. Legend of the Neverbeast-It's disappointing how the last movie didn't have Tinkerbell meeting Peter Pan, that would've been more satisfying, but it's decent for the last movie and I like how it had kind of a different ending. I enjoyed how emotional it is, even though it was really sad. I liked how the movie took a dark turn for the last movie, the only problem with that is that it doesn't feel like a Tinkerbell movie, especially when comparing it to the first one (but at least it shows evolution of the movies).

But regardless, I really like Fawn in the movie, even though her appearance changed for no reason. I can totally understand why she was "chosen" to be an animal fairy because she feels the emotions of animals so well, but she still has her funny side (especially in that bonus feature about animal group names). I also really like Nyx and the scene with the animal training nook is adorable, I also liked seeing how animal talents train animals. I just watched a behind the scenes bonus feature, and I've heard that the designers purposely made it so that they used bright colors in the happy parts and darker colors in the scary parts which is cool and something I didn't notice until I heard about it. But what I really like about the movie are the KT tunstall songs (the Strange Sight part was one of my favorite Tinkerbell movie scenes)

As for the rest of the films, I don't have any specific ranks for them, maybe because I don't have time to rank them. But here are my descriptions:

Lost Treasure-This movie is nostalgic with great moments and Blaze is adorable. I love how this movie is about friendship. We didn't see too much of Tink's other friends, but I loved Silvermist in the movie. I thought the visuals were nice and how they had a unifying autumn and adventure theme which was different than the first one. I really like how Tink got to explore part of Neverland and how we saw Lyria's performance.

Great Fairy Rescue-This actually inspired stories I wrote (the fairy camp with the cool tree fairies stay in). I like how we get to explore the area in the DS game. This is such a sweet movie which switches between the sweet moments with Tink and Lizzy to the entertaining and kind of funny part where the fairies were trying to save Tinkerbell. I also like how we get to see Vidia's good side which was actually shown before in the books.

I like the relationship between Lizzy and her father. Lizzy reminds me of myself when I was young because I used to fill my room with fairy drawings and have a collection of fairy figurines. The field journal scene is one of my favorites (I like the song that played in the scene too). The movie actually inspired my fairy house.

Pixie Hollow Games-The movie was a little short and this one part was rushed through. The story was predictable and I wish the movie was longer so we can see more exciting parts, but other than that, I really like it. I like the idea of the games and how it's similar to the Olympics but different at the same time. The talent flags were cool and I love the idea of a butterfly leaderboard. The events were cool as well. The only event that seems off is the cart derby, but according to a timeline I created, this movie happened recently after Tink discovered a horseless carriage and she might've been excited to build more. The garden talent kart looks cool though. And I didn't mention the characters; Chloe, Rumble and Glimmer are some of my personal faves. I'd love to see more of storm talents.

Secret of the Wings-This is such a sweet and emotional movie, and TINK HAS A SISTER! Periwinkle is a great character and so are the other winter fairy characters. It's also interesting to find out that the queen has a love interest! There's not much else to say.

The Pirate Fairy-I really like Zarina, probably because she reminds me a lot of myself. Probably my favorite part about the movie is the fact that it addressed something I've been wondering since Lost Treasure; if there's blue pixie dust where are the other colors that do other things? I actually got inspired by Zarina to make my own little jars of fairy dust for all different talents. I like how we get to see more about the dust keeper job. It was kind of strange when Fairy Gary said, "you're no longer a dust keeper" because you can't get fired from your talent, but it would be fun to analyze though. The scene where Zarina left Pixie Hollow was a very powerful one.

I like how we get to see a Peter Pan character in the Tinkerbell movie (with a talented voice actor). Crocky was SO cute! I like how I can't really point out a main character of this movie, I liked seeing all the characters and their personalities. It was cool seeing the fairies adapt to new talents, and I like how we get to see them each use their original talents in a wonderful way before they got switched. It was honestly more satisfying when they got switched back to their original talents.

I also love the final fight scene of this movie.

PHEW! That was long! It's nice to have you back and I'm currently trying to find a way get others back for at least a short quick visit or something.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:25 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Hello again, Tinker! It's great to see you on PHF. I loved reading your rankings for the Tinker Bell films. I hope you're able to get some more people to visit PHF again. I'm trying to do the same. Also, I love your signature.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:49 AM
just vibing
View kass101's Photo Album
kass101's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Boo!
kass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
I think my order of best to worst is just in chronological order.
I love the first Tinkerbell with all my heart, and I just wasn't a huge fan of Neverbeast. To me, nothing could top Tinkerbell. (the soundtrack is just absolutely gorgeous!!!) I don't have specific rankings for each one, but I do just love the first one and just the feel of it you know? Makes me super nostalgic.

hi from Kass
signature by nightwish

Old 01-15-2018, 01:57 AM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Thanks for starting this, Alexa! Yeah, unfortunately I think many people have moved on from Pixie Hollow. It's a shame, because this community used to be one of my favorite places to chat with people on the Internet. I love how open an accepting all the people here are.

As for the Tinker Bell movies, I think my ranking goes something like:

Secret of the Wings > Legend of the Neverbeast > Great Fairy Rescue > Tinker Bell > The Pirate Fairy > The Lost Treasure > Pixie Hollow Games

Secret of the Wings is special to me because it's one of my favorite "comfort" movies to watch with my sister. I also love the new lore both it and Legend of the Neverbeast introduced, and I loved seeing Fawn in the starring role. Great Fairy rescue I felt handled its secondary characters really well, giving them all a bit of time to shine, with Lizzy and Vidia receiving the most development. I actually watched the first three movies out of order, long after they were released, so I suppose I don't have the nostalgia for the first one that many people here do. I definitely agree that it was beautiful though, and the music is wonderful. Making this list, I realized that I forgot quite a bit of Lost Treasure, so definitely need to rewatch! Pixie Hollow Games ended up being last only because the story was kind of predictable and it was a bit rushed, but I did still enjoyed it a lot.

Thank you Stormy and Alyce!
Old 01-30-2018, 06:15 PM
I miss PH & PHF
View Primrosesweet's Photo Album
Primrosesweet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Create A New Holiday Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017  
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Quiet
Primrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Hmmm.... some of the Tinkerbell movies I haven't seen in a while... I don't know if I even have a favorite. I probably have enjoyed watching the Secret of the Wings, Tinkerbell, and the Great Fairy Rescue the most though. I wasn't a huge fan of the Pirate Fairy or the Neverbeast. Not to say that they weren't good in their own way.