PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > UserPages

UserPages Talk about your userpage, ask for opinions, ask for help, and give help.

Old Squiddy's Userpage Guides - Music

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Searching....
View Jezzi's Photo Album
Jezzi's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond repute
Garden Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
Squiddy's Userpage Guides - Music

Full credit for this guide goes to Squiddy on TTC.

Adding Music to Your Userpage

Welcome to Adding Music to Your Userpage. This guide will be showing you how to easily add a song to your userpage. I will be using iTunes to get the song we want, in the format we want. If you already have an MP3 of the song you want, skip to the Uploading the Song section.

Retrieving the Song

I will be explaining how to pick a song out of your iTunes Library and into the format we want. In order to get the song to work on your userpage, you need to get the song as an MP3 file, with the file extension .mp3.

In iTunes, you can what file extension a song by performing these steps:
  1. Right-click the song in iTunes, and choose Get Info. The Info Window will appear.
  2. Under the Summary tab, near the bottom, there will be the location to the file, which ends with the file's extension.

Currently, every iTunes song bought from the iTunes store has the file extension .m4a. M4A is an unprotected format, so it can be converted. If your song is in M4A format, skip to the Converting the Song section.

Before 2009, iTunes Store songs had the file extension .m4p. M4P files are protected and cannot be converted. Fortunately, if you still have songs in M4P format, the iTunes Store can convert your songs to M4A (unprotected) for just 30 cents a song.

Converting the Song

If your song is in M4A (.m4a) format, you can convert it to an MP3 with iTunes. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Edit menu, and choose Preferences....
  2. In the window that appears, click on the Import Settings... (NOTE: If you do not use iTunes 9, this button should be in the Advanced tab of the Preferences window.)
  3. A smaller window will appear. You will see the settings for importing and converting songs.
  4. Make sure it will import using MP3 Encoder and that the Setting is Good Quality (128 kbps). After doing so, click OK.
  5. Select the song in your iTunes library, go to the Advanced menu, and choose Create MP3 Version.

Uploading the Song
**Updated by Onionleaf**

To upload our music file, we are going to use and approved hosting site called Dropbox.

Sweet Cupcake has posted a helpful tutorial for using Dropbox: How insert images like url in the post

Follow the directions in the tutorial mentioned above. If you're making a new account, after you've created it go to this link. Scroll down to the title that says "Creating a Public folder" and follow the instructions there. This will create a Public folder on your account.

Move your MP3 file into the Dropbox > Public folder, then right-click your file and select Copy public link. You can then use this link for the next step: Userpage Codes.

Userpage Codes

Below are the codes for adding the music into your userpage. Replace LINK with the link to the uploaded song.

Basic code:
Code:
<EMBED SRC="LINK" WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=25  AUTOSTART=FALSE>
If you want it to start automatically (autostart) or play over and over (loop), use one of the codes below:

Code with autostart only:
Code:
<EMBED SRC="LINK" HEIGHT=25 WIDTH=300 AUTOSTART=TRUE>
Code with autostart and loop:

Code:
<EMBED SRC="LINK" WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=25 AUTOSTART=TRUE LOOP=TRUE>
Basic code with no controls showing:
Code:
<EMBED SRC="LINK" WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=25 AUTOSTART=FALSE HIDDEN=TRUE>
Code with autostart and no controls showing:
Code:
<EMBED SRC="LINK" WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=25 AUTOSTART=TRUE HIDDEN=TRUE>
Code with autostart, loop, and no controls showing:
Code:
<EMBED SRC="LINK" WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=25 AUTOSTART=TRUE LOOP=TRUE HIDDEN=TRUE>

Credits ~ Signature: Alyce Natalie ~ Profile: Twilight ~ Avatar: SweetCupcake ~ Thank you!

Last edited by Onionleaf; 08-09-2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: updated the "uploading song" section
Old 10-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Searching....
View Jezzi's Photo Album
Jezzi's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond repute
Garden Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
Adding MIDI Music to Your Userpage

Welcome to Adding MIDI Music to Your Userpage. I will be showing you how to easily add a MIDI to your userpage. In this guide, we will be learning how to add a MIDI to our userpage. If you already have a MIDI of the song you want, skip to the Uploading the Song section.

What's a MIDI?

A MIDI is simply a set of instructions that tell how a song is supposed to be played. These instructions are read by your computer and are played with the computer's own set of sounds. So a MIDI is nothing like an MP3, where you hear real instruments. It's the computer that comes up with the sounds. Because of this, MIDIs are quite small in file size.

Finding a MIDI

You can't create MIDIs yourself unless you have a special kind of keyword to play them with. Therefore, the best way to get a MIDI is by searching for it. You can search for a MIDI for a specific song simply by searching (Name of Song) MIDI.

Once you find your MIDI, you can use the direct link to the MIDI (which ends in .mid or .midi) for the codes below to add to your userpage. You can also save the MIDI and upload it to a hosting site. To save the MIDI, right-click it and choose Save Target As... (Save Link As... in Firefox). You will then be asked to save it to your computer.

Uploading the Song
**Updated by Onionleaf**

To upload our music file, we are going to use and approved hosting site called Dropbox.

Sweet Cupcake has posted a helpful tutorial for using Dropbox: How insert images like url in the post

Follow the directions in the tutorial mentioned above. If you're making a new account, after you've created it go to this link. Scroll down to the title that says "Creating a Public folder" and follow the instructions there. This will create a Public folder on your account.

Move your MIDI file into the Dropbox > Public folder, then right-click your file and select Copy public link. You can then use this link for the next step: Userpage Codes.

Userpage Codes

Below are the codes for adding the music into your userpage. The text song.mp3 in the code you choose should be replaced with the music link that FileAve provided you with, or the link from the site where you found your MIDI.

Basic code:
Code:
<EMBED SRC="song.mid" WIDTH=300  HEIGHT=25 AUTOSTART=FALSE>
If you want it to start automatically (autostart) or play over and over (loop), use one of the codes below:

Code with autostart only:
Code:
<EMBED SRC="song.mid" HEIGHT=25 WIDTH=300 AUTOSTART=TRUE>
Code with autostart and loop:

Code:
<EMBED SRC="song.mid" WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=25 AUTOSTART=TRUE LOOP=TRUE>
Basic code with no controls showing:
Code:
<EMBED SRC="song.mid" WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=25 AUTOSTART=FALSE HIDDEN=TRUE>
Code with autostart and no controls showing:
Code:
<EMBED SRC="song.mid" WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=25 AUTOSTART=TRUE HIDDEN=TRUE>
Code with autostart, loop, and no controls showing:
Code:
<EMBED SRC="song.mid" WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=25 AUTOSTART=TRUE LOOP=TRUE HIDDEN=TRUE>

Credits ~ Signature: Alyce Natalie ~ Profile: Twilight ~ Avatar: SweetCupcake ~ Thank you!

Last edited by Onionleaf; 08-09-2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: updated the "uploading song" section
Old 07-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Misses Pixie Hollow
View alllthingspixiehollow's Photo Album
alllthingspixiehollow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 23

My Mood: Sick
alllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queen
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Great guide! Although is there another site besides file Ave? It doesn't seem to work out for me..

Profile picture by ElectroStorm, siggy by Cornflower! Thanks!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
I currently use Fileden.com - you will have to create an account there, but it is quick and easy to do. Once you upload the file, it will give you a direct link to your music track, which you can copy and paste onto your userpage.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 07-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Misses Pixie Hollow
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 

alllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queen
Great! Thanks Onionleaf!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I have updated the Uploading section of the guide, since the FileAve site no longer exists.

Have fun adding music to your UserPages! (Make sure it is approved first!)

Old 07-24-2013, 12:32 PM
🔨💚✨Ꭾɾoʋɗ❤Ꭲɪɴκϵʀ✨💚 🔨
View Lily Snowfleck's Photo Album
Lily Snowfleck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Arcade Participants Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Happy
Lily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dust
Tinker Talent Light Talent Water Talent
Shocked 9.99 per month on 'new' fileden?

Today I went to FileDen to register, and it brought me to this page saying that all new users of FileDen would have to register at the 'new' FileDen, called CX.com. On the CX, you have to pay 9.99 every 12 months to use it.
I am only going to use it one time!

My dad already doesn't agree to get me a yearly PH membership, I don't want him worrying about this too.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thanks for the warning Lily, I had no idea about the change to the uploading site. I'll be sure to change the instructions to Dropbox later today.
Sorry if you have already paid for the new account, Dropbox is a free program and can also generate a direct link for embedding.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:07 AM
🔨💚✨Ꭾɾoʋɗ❤Ꭲɪɴκϵʀ✨💚 🔨
Lily Snowfleck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Arcade Participants Award 

Lily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dust
Thank You Onionleaf!
Fortunately, I have not paid for an account.

Lily Snowfleck

Last edited by Lily Snowfleck; 07-26-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:05 PM
🔨💚✨Ꭾɾoʋɗ❤Ꭲɪɴκϵʀ✨💚 🔨
Lily Snowfleck's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Aww Man... I was about to move it to the Public folder, but I didn't see a public folder.

I noticed that this guide was for an older version of dropbox too... I managed to follow using the new one, but I can't find a public folder

All I see wen I click on the Dropbox folder is what I uploaded, I don't see any public folder in it.

I am in the last step to turn the file into HTML.

UPDATE: I clicked on "Get Link" and tried pasting the link in between the codes you gave, but nothing different shows when I save my Userpage, no music. I turned my volume up and down to make sure.

Lily Snowfleck

Last edited by Lily Snowfleck; 07-26-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Flitterer
View Amethyst Diamondheart's Photo Album
Amethyst Diamondheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Party Goer's Award Pixie Resolution Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Make A Wish Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award Thankful Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: AFK
Amethyst Diamondheart has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
um how do you do it on YouTube?
Old 07-27-2013, 06:42 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilySnowfleckXD View Post
I noticed that this guide was for an older version of dropbox too... I managed to follow using the new one, but I can't find a public folder
Aw, jingles! Looks like they removed the Public folder feature. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to check this link. Scroll down to the title that says "Creating a Public folder" and follow the instructions there. I already have a Public folder on my account so I can't check it for you. Most likely it is not a free feature though or does not have that same function.
I'll try to look for another hosting site that creates a direct link for music files. If anybody else has any suggestions, please share them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst Diamondheart View Post
um how do you do it on YouTube?
Adding a YouTube video to your userpage is exactly the same as how you would add it to your post. See How to post a youtube video.
Remember that videos should also be approved my a Mod or Admin first.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:47 AM
🔨💚✨Ꭾɾoʋɗ❤Ꭲɪɴκϵʀ✨💚 🔨
Lily Snowfleck's Fairy
Awards Showcase

It worked!
I guess it's a good idea to add that instruction link to the instructions above, so other pixies can know.

Lily Snowfleck
Old 07-28-2013, 01:36 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thanks Lily! I'm so happy to hear that it worked for you! And just as you have suggested, the link has been added to the guide too.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Misses Pixie Hollow
Awards Showcase

I was wondering, does it matter where in your userpage you place the code?