PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow

Beyond the Hollow For anything not relating to Pixie Hollow or Fairies

Old What are some good movies?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:45 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
The 2016 live action "Jungle Book" was fun. So was "The BFG."

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 09-22-2016, 02:48 AM
Lemon Queen
View Lemonyfairy44's Photo Album
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter Treat Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: Annoyed
Lemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the Queen
Garden Talent
I still haven't seen the live action Jungle Book I should go see it. I didn't know if it would be good.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:55 AM
3 Founding Fairies 2008
View Peweli's Photo Album
Peweli's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd A Fairy Haiku Award 
Total Awards: 51

My Mood: Festive
Peweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Movies

I also liked the live action Jungle book movie.
I really want to see the live action Pete's Dragon. Has anyone seen it yet? If so how did you like it.

My Fairies: Quicksilver Cloudshimmer Twilight Diamondshimmer Topaz Nightwhisper
Arrival Date - January 24, 2007
Old 10-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
I wanted to watch something warm and sweet today and found just what I wanted in "Anne of Green Gables". I never read the book nor watched any of the previously made films (there's even a musical), but the 2016 version of the story is just magical. The imaginative personality of the main character is so refreshing and the way she sees the world reminded me so much of the world of fairies. I would recommend this film for the whole family!

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 12-14-2016, 05:56 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
I just watched "Finding Dory" for the first time, and thought it was great! It's much like Finding Nemo but with a story of its own which was just as enjoyable as the original movie. If you liked the first movie, you'll like this one just as much!

Old 01-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Film Count Olaf and the Baudelaire Orphans

I am looking forward to "A Series of Unfortunate Events" TV series next week. The stories are not for the littlest fairies because they are gloomy, but they are imaginative with interesting characters and interesting locations.

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 01-20-2017, 02:02 AM
I miss PH & PHF
View Primrosesweet's Photo Album
Primrosesweet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Create A New Holiday Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017  
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Quiet
Primrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
@Pewli I saw Pete's Dragon, and it was a sweet movie. I like that there didn't seem to be an overdose of CGI in it. Cause I am picky like that.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:17 AM
Happy New Year!
View Daisy GlitterConfetti's Photo Album
Daisy GlitterConfetti's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd Arcade Champ Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Adventurous
Daisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Rise of the Guardians hasn't been suggested?! Well, I'm going to have to fix that, aren't I?

Seriously though, I love this movie. It's centered around "The Guardians Of Childhood", aka: Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, Sandman, and newly recruited Jack Frost, who must rise up and battle the Boogeyman. There's also a picture book series that this is based off of, but DreamWorks took liberties with this, so not all canons are perfectly aligned (but still awesome).

There's also MegaMind and How To Train Your Dragon, both by DreamWorks, and those are pretty awesome. There's a sequel to HTTYD, but alas! I haven't watched it yet, but will still recommend it because my friend gave it a great review.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:36 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I've watched quite a few different movies recently and would definitely recommend a few of them here:
  • I was introduced to Laika's stop-motion animated films, has anyone else seen them? My favourite would have to be their newest release "Kubo and The Two Strings". The story progresses much like a fairy tale, but what is the most spectacular is the flawless animation and strong voice acting. It's worth a watch, and I would suggest to then have a look at some of the behind the scenes clips on YouTube afterwards, it's awe-inspiring!
  • Out of the newer releases, I enjoyed delving into J K Rowling's world of magic with "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". Overall, the main characters were the most memorable for me.
  • I also revisited the French comedy film "Welcome to the Sticks", it's so funny! I wouldn't want to spoil anything with my comments, but trust me, it will make you laugh.
  • Finally, a Japanese film released in 2015 called An (Sweet Bean). It's a very slow-paced, quiet and touching story about how seemingly different people meet and share their life burdens with each other, even if for a moment.