PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Neverland Narrative

Neverland Narrative Join in and never grow up. RPG Forum

Old A Pirate and Mermaid RP

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:27 AM
Lemon Queen
View Lemonyfairy44's Photo Album
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter Treat Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: Annoyed
Lemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the Queen
Garden Talent
Yes, I think we could easily work her into the story. It might be nice to have a villainous mermaid.

I was thinking about the main mermaid ( Queen ) and what she would look and be like. Does anyone want to create her? I'll let you guys do it if you want.

And the Captain is Zora's dad correct?

I saw someone else had wind for their power so I think I might change Marie's power when the time comes, since I want the mermaid/merman powers to be diverse. Nikolai although a pirate has a fire power.
Ice
Music
Wind
And animal I believe have been taken

( It's ok to have a repeat power I just encourage to have different powers )
Old 05-20-2015, 03:14 AM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
We should name the captain and the mermaid leader. Any suggestions?

"Is this a joke?" I demanded.The pirate girl who had brought me here - I overheard that her name was Ava - was smirking at me. The crew had gathered around to watch, and many of them were wearing grins as well. The captain just stared back at me, looking completely serious.
"No," he responded with absolute seriousness. "This is your first test. To tame..."
I glanced down at the large crustacean sitting in a bucket by my side. "... a lobster?"
"... Mr. Pincher."
"Are you kidding me?" I exclaimed. "You named the - " I shook my head, speechless with disbelief. Of all the things I'd expected to come out of this "test", this was most certainly not on the list.

Not seeing any other choice in the matter, I gingerly picked up the lobster, lifting it out of the bucket... And immediately yelped as one of its pincers clamped shut around my finger. I dropped the crustacean to the deck of the ship.
I was sure the crew was working hard to stifle their laughter. So this was what it was? An initiation ritual, so that everyone could laugh at the new girl?
"Okay, okay," I took a deep breath. Just go along with it, Pearl. You don't have much of a choice, after all. "Um... Mr. Pincher? Stay. Good lobster..."
I grabbed a small scrap of fish out of another bucket nearby and offered it to the lobster. It - he? - yanked it away, forcing me to jerk my hand back quickly to avoid being pinched.
I reached out tentatively to stroke it on its hard exoskeleton. The pincer snapped at me again, and I yelped, not having been fast enough that time.
I tore my fish into small scraps, leaving a trail on the deck for the lobster to follow. Making sure my fingers stayed far away, of course. Those pincers may be small, but they really stung.
The lobster slowly made his way across the deck towards me, following the trail of fish.

I glared up at the captain and the crew, who were watching with obvious amusement. "Good enough?"
The captain acknowledged me with a dip of his head. "Now onto the next test."
I stared at him. "Just how many are there?"
A crew member passed him a carton of eggs, and the captain handed them to me, along with a small bowl. "You must prepare these eggs for our cook, by cracking them properly in the most perfect way possible. In other words, the onlyway."
"What is that even supposed to mean?" I demanded.
The captain shrugged, clearly indicating that I was on my own. I gritted my teeth.

Balancing the egg in my hand, I cracked it against the side of the bowl, pouring the contents inside. I made sure no scraps of eggshell went into the bowl.
The captain turned to his crew. "What do you think?"
"Nah, not good enough!" Someone called out, and there were murmurs of agreement.
I had to bite back a sharp retort. What was wrong with these people? I tried again, this time using the lightest possible pressure, to the eggshell split apart into two almost equal halves.
Still it was met with murmurs of dissatisfaction. I cracked another egg, and then another. I must have gone through at least a half dozen of them before the pirates consented that the egg was cracked "properly", "in the most perfect way possible".
The captain was opening his mouth to speak again, but I cut him off.

"Enough!" I snapped. "Am I being tested to be a pirate here, or a court jester? As much as I simply love to entertain, if you had wanted to hire a professional jokester, you should have put that in the job description!" I said with as much sarcasm as I could muster.
The captain smiled at me. "That was just the beginning of the tests, Miss Merrick. We had to make sure you were absolutely serious about wanting to join." The rest of the crew burst into chuckles and barely stifled laughter, and I knew without a doubt that these "tests" had been more for a laugh than anything else.
"Now," the captain continued. "The real test begins." He fixed me with a steely glare. "You say you are a navigator, girl? Well, it's time you proved it."

He then gave orders to a couple of the pirates, who took me to a spare boat, blindfolded me, then began rowing. I wasn't sure how long we were on the water, but it was a long enough trip that I couldn't tell where we ended up.
"If you can find your way back to the Savage Storm," the captain had told me, before he had sent me off. "Then welcome to the crew, Pearl Merrick."

(Hope everyone was okay with that. )
Old 05-20-2015, 03:38 AM
Lemon Queen
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter Treat Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award 

Lemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the Queen
Garden Talent
Oh my this. Glory that's was amazing I couldn't have written it that well. I can't wait to see if Pearl makes it back to the ship or not. I am really trusting she will find her way.

Neredia
Avalon
Deema
Maris
Undine
Name ideas for the mermaid leader.

Pirate ideas
Anton
Hector
Henry
Bill
Jack Sparrow ( ok maybe not this one )

( I'll post later for Ava, Marie and Shelly )
Old 05-20-2015, 05:35 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Here are my OC's!!!

Name: Captain Nadia Aleksandrina
Type Pirate Mermaid or Merman: Pirate
Appearance: Attached
Personality: Firm, cool and calculating, (can be) cruel, smart, calm
Powers ( if mermaid ): None

Optional
Background story: Born into a fairly wealthy Russian family in the small town of Popolvia (*fictional*), Nadia lived a life of luxury, considering where she lived, until an army of pirates stormed through her town, ransacking homes including her own. Her parents were going to be taken as prisoners, but six year old Nadia stood up to the pirates. The pirate captain decided to leave the parents... but took Nadia instead. After being taken aboard the pirate's ship and sailing away, she looked over at her home and saw everything on fire. Now, after being raised by pirates, Nadia is now a pirate captain herself and quite a feared one, for though she lacks some physical strength, she makes up for that with her mental strength. She is the captain of the ship SS Mstislav.
Pets: None
Hobbies: Doing pirate stuff.

Name: First Mate Natalia Elisabeth Volkov
Type Pirate Mermaid or Merman: Pirate
Personality: Cruel, confused, arrogant, headstrong
Powers ( if mermaid ): None

Optional
Background story: Born into a poor Russian/German family in the village of Emilkoldrich, Germany (*fictional*), Natalia and her family were always struggling to survive, just like everyone else in the village. The summers were hot and dry and the winters were frigid. Spring and autumn were the only seasons you could grow food in, but even then, gardening was hard. The hot summers and the cold winters take out their wrath not only on the villagers but on the soil, or whatever is left of it, too. Natalia was found by Captain Nadia one day, after the latter came through the village on her way to the city to pick up the bounty for the thief she caught. Nadia saw the young, ten year old Natalia practicing her fencing. Nadia consulted with the girl's parents about taking their daughter and training her to be a pirate. The parent's agreed to this only because they couldn't provide for Natalia and themselves anymore and wanted her to survive. Natalia, however, didn't know this and thought her parents were just giving her away because they didn't love her. Years later, Natalia has become Captain Nadia's first mate and the best pirate of the former's crew. The only thing keeping her from looking back is the hatred she developed for her parents. The hatred that could be her downfall.
Hobbies: Fencing, stealing... what do you expect from a pirate?

Name: Lorelei
Type Pirate Mermaid or Merman: Mermaid/Sea Witch
Personality: Dark, evil, cruel, shrewd,
Powers ( if mermaid ): Magic (dark)

Optional
Background story: None (for now)
Hobbies: Practicing magic and putting spells on people and other bad witchy stuff

I'm not a fan a witches so it will be hard writing for Lorelei... but I'm up for the challenge!!! Also, I read all of the chapters so there's no need for a recap. And, Lemony, I like the names Neredia and Anton.

P.s. did you know Mstislav is Russian for "vengeance and glory"? I think that fits with Captain Nadia.

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 05-20-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:20 PM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Thank you so much Lemony! I'm glad you liked it. Don't worry, Pearl can take care of herself. I'll post that in a while, because I don't actually know anything about navigation and I'll need to search it up.

I agree with Alexa, Nereida and Anton are my favorite names. I'd be perfectly happy with Jack Sparrow as well.

Fun fact: Pearl's name is inspired by the Black Pearl.

Thank you Stormy and Alyce!
Old 05-20-2015, 08:30 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Captain Hector I kinda like it! And yes, he would be Zora's and Nikolai's father.

Hey Alexa... my characters' last name is Ivanoff, and yours is Ivanov I feel like that sounds a bit too similar, sorry.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 

Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Oh! Sorry! I didn't realize that. I'll change it.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Lemon Queen
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Garden Talent
Do Nikolai and Zora know they're siblings?

Also I can't wait to see the exciting backstory or reason why Nikolai has fire powers.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:26 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Thanks Alexa!

Lemony ~ Yeah, they just found out. They're not quite sure how they didn't know each other, but I'll figure something out!
Old 05-20-2015, 11:40 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
No problem, Jenny!

Hey, Lemony, are my characters okay? This is your RP and I want to get your stamp of approval on my OC's.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:26 AM
Lemon Queen
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Garden Talent
You have the stamp Alexa. Your characters look great. This time I think Marie should be the one to greet the new comers. Marie is still a pirate, mean, but usually not to the others pirates. At least not the way Ava is.

I would also like to say that Marie and Ava are friends.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Just a short little chapter. They'll probably get a bit longer in the future. Enjoy!

"Получите Ваши извините кострец и ко очистка палубы.*"
(*Get off your sorry rump and go clean the deck.) I say in a stern voice to one of my crew members
"Мои извинения, капитан.*"
(*My apologies, Captain.) The man says, bowing his head an running off to do his job

Sometimes I can't believe how that man can be so stupidly lazy.

"Капитан! В деревне вверх. Мы готовы anchor судна в вашей команде.*"
(*Captain! The village is up ahead. We're ready to anchor the ship at your command.) My first mate, Natalia, tells me
"Хороший.*"
(*Good) I say "Стефан!*" (*Stephan!) I call out to another crew member of mine
"Да, капитан?*" (*Yes, Captain?) He says, running up to me and saluting
"Получить доступ к его действительно и не смотреть на что-то подозрительно.*"
(*Get to the crow's nest and keep watch for anything suspicious.) I tell him
"Да, капитан.*" (*Yes, Captain.) Stephan says bowing

As he runs off, I turn to my first mate again.

"Наталья.*" (*Natalia.)
"Айе, капитан?*" (*Aye, Captain?)
"Я хотел бы для вас пойти со мной в город. Я достаточно доверия в мой экипаж держать корабль от взрыва таинственно хотя мы вдали.*"
(*I would like for you to come with me into town. I have enough trust in my crew to keep the ship from exploding mysteriously while we're away.) I tell her
"Конечно, капитан.*"
(*Of course, Captain.) Natalia says, nodding her head
"Капитан! Мы прибыли в доках! Как представляется, в другой корабль здесь!*"
(*Captain! We've arrived at the docks! There seems to be another ship here!) I hear Stephan cry

"Strange..." I say to myself in English
"What is it, Captain?" Natalia asks
"We're usually the only ones here. I never thought others came to this town as well."
"Well, we aren't the only pirates in the world-"
"I know, Natalia. I've just never seen this ship before." I say, frowning
"Означает ли это, что мы собираемся для расследования?*"
(*Does that mean we're going to investigate?) Natalia asks
"Конечно.*"
(Of course.") I say "We need to make sure if they are friend... or foe."

Author's Note: By the way, the pirate ship they're talking about is the Savage Storm.

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 05-23-2015 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:15 AM
Lemon Queen
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Garden Talent
What? Why is in a foreign language? I notice it now has subtitles in English, and read that your characters are from Russia? Do you actually speak Russian?
Old 05-23-2015, 04:33 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Nadia, Natalia, and her crew are (mainly) Russian so that's why they are speaking that language. And no, I don't speak Russian, unfortunately. I was using a translator.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:34 AM
Lemon Queen
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Garden Talent
I was thinking Marie should welcome the other pirates. And of course they will have to pass the "test" although it may be changed. And just because Nikolai is Zora's brother doesn't mean he is exempt for the "test".