PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Site Content > News Articles > PHF's Official Contest and Competitions

PHF's Official Contest and Competitions Threads containing our competitions, contests, and suggetions.

Old Create a Pixie Talent Game

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 09:43 PM
How did I end up here?
View Joan's Photo Album
Joan's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 156

My Mood: Clueless
Joan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friend
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Create a Pixie Talent Game

Who didn't love a good game of Tinker Toss, Seed Sorter or my favorite Bubble Bounce!

If you are missing those fun games as much as I am, then I bet you have even thought of your own version of a mini-game.

For this month's contest we want to hear about those games; you know the ones you have in your head.
So grab a piece of paper and a crayon or maybe you are better with a drawing program and share that design with us!

Everyone that submits a mini-game design will be award this awesome and creative shiny!!!

Now here's the fine print: Only post one entry per member, no posting "reserved" (commenting is ok), and the most important... make sure you post your entry before the end of the day on July 31st.

A gift from the talented _Stormy_

Last edited by Joan; 07-06-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:48 PM
3 "Sweet" Fairies
View Sapphire Sweetfeather's Photo Album
Sapphire Sweetfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 May the 4th Award 2017 Mother Earth Day Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 175

My Mood: Cookies
Sapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
I do miss the hollow too Joan, even those uncooperative fish and dang petals the bees refused to let me catch.

So, I am sure that I could come up with a better idea, but I figured I'd post this idea in hopes to get the gears turning and more of my fellow pixies to post.

So, I've been playing Super Hero Squad online and they have a mini-game in the arcade called "Whack-a-Moloid" where you get to be She-Hulk or Deadpool and, well, Whack-a-Moloid.
Click the image to view the full version

WELL, we all know that pixies are way too nice to WHACK anything.
(Imagines Tink asking to be a different talent while smacking a bug and flicking it off of her.)

So, instead of Whack-A-Whatever, we would have a game similar called
Catch-A-Critter.

Instead of a mallet, we would have a net. Each level we could progressively get bigger animals. Start with insects (caterpillar, roly-poly bug, spider, ants, ect) and as the levels get higher go to mice and baby birds and then on to bunnies and weasels even.

The back story could be something like that the critters woke up from hibernation and found some holes that use to belong to a family of prairie dogs and the butterflies, they are so mischievous, convinced the other animals to hide out and play in them. Your job is to catch as many as you can.

Awards for this game? Hmmm.... Acorns, Blueberries and Truffles. A pixie can dream, can't she.

Profile Pic from Coconut. Thank You! Just Remember... I think I'm funny!
Old 07-09-2015, 10:47 PM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Do you have to add visual art to your game or can you just explain it?
Old 07-10-2015, 12:12 AM
How did I end up here?
View Joan's Photo Album
Joan's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 156

My Mood: Clueless
Joan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friendJoan is Tinker Bell's best friend
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker406TWO View Post
Do you have to add visual art to your game or can you just explain it?
Games can be submitted as a written description if you rather.

A gift from the talented _Stormy_
Old 07-10-2015, 02:38 AM
Is a Pixie
View vidia3886's Photo Album
vidia3886's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Create A Talent Award Summer 2015 Award Pixie Hollow Parody Award Word Search Winners Award Spring 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Happy
vidia3886 is a talented Fairyvidia3886 is a talented Fairy
Tinker Talent
This may or may not have been a game, but Flower Painting Fun is my idea. You paint the flowers as fast as you can, and sometimes each flower is a different color and you have to paint it within 45 seconds.

Awards: Flower Petals, like pink and yellow (if PH did have flower petals as awards, if not, pine needles, blueberries and dandelion fluff)
Old 07-10-2015, 03:12 AM
Lemon Queen
View Lemonyfairy44's Photo Album
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter Treat Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: Annoyed
Lemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the Queen
Garden Talent
I thought this could be to assist Iredessa and Fawn game. Fawn says she needs your help because some of her animals have wandered inside the Never Mine and it's to dark to see the animals, Iredessa asks you to help her out creating light beams to see in the dark and find the animals. You must move your mouse shining lights to see where the animals are hiding before you run out of time. And click on Fawn to fly over and get the animals, before the animals go off and hide from you.

Name of the game Find the Animals!
Animals in game Bunny, Squirrel, Owl, and Bluebirds.
Rewards (raspberries or seeds things that animals eat)
Old 07-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
There's this minigame in the Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue DS game where you get to paint flowers. My talent game is kind of like that only you get to paint autumn leaves. You have to paint a leaf within a time limit with different colors and leaf shapes in each level.

As the game gets more difficult, there are bigger leaves and harder painting tools (the flower sprayer is an easy painting tool and the normal paintbrush is harder).

Rewards: :
Old 07-10-2015, 05:18 PM
The Spongebuddy
View Petunialotustwinkle14's Photo Album
Petunialotustwinkle14's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Busy
Petunialotustwinkle14 is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Game Description
Here is my game, it is called It's raining Lost Things. It is a game where you collect as much lost things as you can in a set amount of time, and there is a goal of a set number of items, which get higher as the game goes on, and the items drop faster with each level, and if you catch a moth, you lose points and a few of your lost things.

Points and bonuses for each item:
Spring: 300 points
Gear: 500 Points
Coin: 1000 points
Yellow gem: 1500 points
Diamond: 3000 points and time bonus
Moth: -300 points and time penalty

Rewards
Old 07-10-2015, 06:15 PM
A Hot Cup of Tea
View Flora's Photo Album
Flora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2016 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Autumn 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award 
Total Awards: 82

My Mood: Rainbow
Flora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the Queen
Garden Talent Light Talent Water Talent
It was so nice to put on my pixie thinking cap again! Great contest
Game: My minigame idea would be an animal/garden talent game. In the minigame you'd get to teach honey bees how to collect nectar from flowers and then teach them how to make honeycombs, so I guess it would be a two-part minigame.
Rewards: Daisy Petals, Honeycombs, Acorns
Old 07-11-2015, 05:15 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
What a fun contest! I had to think about this before posting an idea. Who knew it would be so difficult to think of a Talent Game that's both fun and challenging?

Well, I couldn't think of an original idea, so I went off to watch Tinker Bell movies. When I saw Rosetta help out the honeybees to find a foxglove to collect pollen from, I thought it would be a great Talent Game task!

I haven't managed to think of a name for it yet, the only thing that is stuck in my mind is where Tink tries to guess Vidia's talent ("Polleniser? Pollinator? Pollen-picker? Pollen Plucker!") So for now, "Pollen Plucking" it is then!

How to Play:
  • Similar to Snowflake Sweep, you have to draw a line to attract the bees to the flowers. Help out the number of bees indicated in the top-right corner, and you'll proceed to the next level.
    • The more bees you will help out in a row, the more points you'll earn (the Bonus counter on the right tracks your progress).
  • The bees fly in from the bottom of the screen, swaying side-to-side and fly away as soon as they reach the top.
  • As the game becomes more difficult, bees of different colors will start flying in. This is where the different dyes will help you out! However, as this is a garden-talent game, you will have to do some gardening.
    • In the picture above, all the flowers are blooming, but that will not always be the case! They will keep open only for a certain amount of time and will eventually close again.
    • You will have to use the special dyeing dust to make new flowers grow on the stems. Be careful with what colors you choose as the bees won't like the flowers that are a different color to their coats. It will fly away and break your bonus streak if you lead it to the wrong flower.
  • Unlike Petal Pick-Up, the bees are your friends, but you do have to watch out for those pesky wasps! They'll attempt to break your drawn line, so you have to be quick.
    • Fortunately, the fast-flying fairies are here to help and will blow away the wasps if you can catch their whirlwind bonus.
    • It's Game Over if you lose all of your pixie dust pouches! I didn't add a countdown clock to the image, but the game would probably need it also. You're supposed to work super quickly, after all.

Rewards:
The game would definitely be in a summer meadow, so let's make it Rose Petals Honeycombs and Sunflower Seeds

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 07-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Is a Pixie *Terry.C.B.Hi
View Magic Elve's Photo Album
Magic Elve's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter Treat Award Winter 2015 Award Arcade Winners Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Create A Talent Award 
Total Awards: 88

My Mood: Creative
Magic Elve is a Fast FlyerMagic Elve is a Fast FlyerMagic Elve is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Musical Note Song and dance

SONG AND DANCE
Old 07-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Proud Light Talent Fairy
View Sunrise's Photo Album
Sunrise's Fairy
Awards Showcase
 Animal Masquerade Costume Contest Halloween Award 2016 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd A Fairy Haiku Award Earth Day 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 72

My Mood: BerryNice
Sunrise is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
If I could have created a game, I would have called it Fairy Scavenger hunt . Well the title is a work in progress! Anyway the game would be that you are given certain riddles some hard and some not to solve. Once you solve the riddle it leads you to a location in pixie hollow where the next one is. It's kind of like a quest but without tailoring, baking, or tinkering. So after you find the last riddle you could either get a special badge , cloths, furniture item that is unique.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Gone camping
View RiverLunaMorningvalley's Photo Album
RiverLunaMorningvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award Thankful For Award EKB Meme Award 
Total Awards: 34

My Mood: Pixieish
RiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
My talent game is called Windy Weather and it is for Fast Flying talents. The object of the game is to create a vortex by going as fast as you possibly can around the screen.

Controls: The cursor
How to create the vortex: The longer and faster you move your pixie, the more wind you'll get.
Prizes:

If I have time, I'll create a visual for you guys!
Old 07-14-2015, 10:51 AM
loves to fly!
View ella_roseplume's Photo Album
ella_roseplume's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Create A Talent Award Autumn 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Riddle Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Pixieish
ella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I decided to steal borrow Onionleaf's brilliant idea of mocking up what my game would actually look like. It was so much fun to do, so thanks for the inspiration!

Title
Bess' Paint Pot

If I was a fairy I'd definitely be an art talent, so I always wished Pixie Hollow had an in-game way to draw and paint. This is closer to a new type of crafting than a talent game (which I hope the mods don't mind).

How to Play
There are four levels with different ways to create. You have to finish two artworks in each level in order to unlock the next, until you've opened them all and can play in any order.
  1. Mix 'n' Match – Build a drawing by combining pre-drawn pieces like wings, outfits, settings, flowers, animal friends, etc.
  2. Coloring – Use a paint pot to fill-in drawings of pixie characters and scenes. You can use saved Mix 'n' Match drawings for this.
  3. Tracing – Trace and color drawings. You can use saved ones again.
  4. Freestyle – Draw and color your own masterpiece from scratch!

In pumpkin patch where the dye shop used to be, because the changing leaves remind Bess to continually try out new color combos.

Rewards

And of course you get to save your art and display it in your home!

*NOTE* I found the cute Peri drawing on Google and added a little color. Didn't have time to "freestyle" my own art for this.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:30 AM
Always learning!
View Book Thing's Photo Album
Book Thing's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 
Total Awards: 150

My Mood: Wishful
Book Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Have you ever wondered how Acorn Summit gets its glow?
Who gives it light and colour as the summer comes and goes?
The secret is, it's all the work of fairies—when they play Sparkler Set-Up!

I've always admired the gorgeous neverlights that are strung around the meadows during the End-of-Summer Sparkler, so I decided to create a seasonal talent game inspired by that wonderful event! Iridessa would undeniably be the mentor, and she would say something like this:

Welcome to Acorn Summit, sunshine! I'll show you how to decorate the meadow for the End-of-Summer Sparkler! Just drag the string of lanterns to each of the glowing notches on the branches. Don't worry, they'll appear as you go! Just keep flying as fast as you can, or you might run out of time!
Way to glow, moonbeam! But GAAAAH, watch out for those falling acorns, or they'll hinder your flight for a few seconds! And—AAAH, make sure you dodge those spider webs, or you might get stuck for a while!
Moon and stars! You're shimmerific! Go ahead and choose your reward: blue gems, yellow gems or acorns! Yeah, I didn't think you'd pick the acorns, you know, after they fell on you and everything! Thanks so much for your help, sunshine!

Here is the game's concept art:
Click the image to view the full version

Oh, and I absolutely love everyone's talent games! They are all so creative! I would love to play them. Also, thank you for this month's amazing contest! I had a lot of fun with it.

~Ruby.

Thank you, Hazel ♥

Last edited by Book Thing; 07-19-2015 at 05:40 AM.
Closed Thread