PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old Glitter Text Guide to GIMP

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 AM
It Just Me?
View Bellflower Starflower's Photo Album
Bellflower Starflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Guess The Picture Winner's Award PHF's Oct'12 Design A Costume Participant's Award Autumn 2012 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Woot
Bellflower Starflower is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Glitter Text Guide to GIMP

Welcome to Glitter Text Guide! Here you will know how to make a glitter text!

Now Let's go what Tools are we will used,

The Pink Box is what tools what we needed in this tutorial.
1.Text Tool- Where you makes text. You can also find what font you will used and what size. It has a A image in the tool box.
2.Pick a Color- Where you pick a color in one image. It has a Dropper in the toolbox
3.Paint Bucket- Where you colored all the things you want to color.

Step 1
Make a new image in any size and make it Transparent. To make a transparent image click the Advance Options then change the Fill with RGB Color to Transparency.

PS: Don't forget to save your work! Do Ctrl+S To save it as Xcf.

Step 2
Now we're making the text. If you want a image that you want to be a text color, Go to File>Open as Layers. Your Image will be as a layer. Here what it looks like.

Now Using the Pick a color tool, pick the color the color you want in Image. Then the Color Box is now changed like this:
Now Delete the Image Layer.
Now Click the Text Tool to make the text. Note: I will used font is Vivaldi Italic Condensed and Make sure your font size is 101. After I make the text Here what it looks:

Step 3.
Now at the top of the screen where the menus are click: Layer>Transparency>Alpha to Selection
That will select the text for you. Now this is the optional part of step three, if you don't do this yours will look a little different then mine. Not by much Once you have the text selected click:
Select>Grow and in the grow you can enter anything for me I'll do 3 pixels.

Once you click okay you will have a dotted boarder around your text like so:

Step Four

If you did the extra step in step three, you must create a new layer Layer>New Layer in under of the text layer. Then click on the bucket fill toon and do any color, It should then look like this:
Now that you have that you have the colored back ground merge it down to the background. To do that you can right click that layer and press merge down.

EDIT:Make Sure Do Ctrl+S in Every Step! If you don't save it, Your Progress will lost! And Make sure save it as xcf!

You've done in Part 1! Part 2 is coming like tomorrow.

Last edited by Bellflower Starflower; 04-09-2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Fixing Something
Old 07-03-2013, 02:42 AM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
I've been looking for a guide like this for so long!
Thanks so much!!!

Jenny H.