PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old How insert images like url in the post

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Baking cookies for Pluma
View Sweet Cupcake's Photo Album
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Halloween 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Creative
Sweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Computer How insert images like url in the post

I know that some pixies here dont know how insert images like url is for that
I want share with you how i insert my images like url using Dropbox. I hope that this help you!

Here you can see the button INSERT IMAGE when you want reply a post or write a pm. There you will paste the url of the image.

picture 1

For start.. What is a url?

Uniform Resource Locator (URL) it is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web.

Then we need an URL for our images , you will find many sites that do it this but i know use dropbox and personally
i like it, for me is simple and fast.

What is Dropbox? This is the wikipedia definition:

Dropbox is a Web-based file hosting service operated by Dropbox, Inc. that uses cloud storage to enable users to
store and share files and folders with others across the Internet using file synchronization.

You will find more info in the dropbox site https://www.dropbox.com/tour

This is the home of Dropbox site you will see this:

picture 2

You need install the program and create a acount, Dropbox offers a free account of 2 GB, you can install for windows, linux, mac and mobile, you will find too all the help that you need for each one.
I will explain for windows but for the others is the same idea.

1) Download the file for install Dropbox.
2) When you install the Dropbox desktop application, it creates a new folder on your computer. It works like any other folder on your hard drive, except everything in your Dropbox folder automatically syncs to the web and to any other computer with Dropbox installed.

You have two forms for use it:

1) Using dropbox directly to your computer without login.

Find in Program files the folder Dropbox and open it:

picture 3

Inside on Dropbox folder you will find 2 folders and a file with help, i remove the folder with the help.

picture 4

Now choose the image that you want post and save it the PUBLIC FOLDER, you need save all the files that you want share in Public folder, in this case i need insert one image for post.

picture 5

Right click in the image after choose DROPBOX after COPY PUBLIC LINK
with that step you will get the url of image!

picture 6

PASTE the url

picture 7

Click on accept and will appears the image!

Some important is that if you modified a file that is in the public folder, this change will be in all places where you used the url.

I hope that this help you!
Tomorrow i will post the other form..

Last edited by Sweet Cupcake; 02-27-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:30 AM
ಌ is on a star ಌ
View Indigo_Glitterflower's Photo Album
Indigo_Glitterflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Halloween'12 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 29

My Mood: Rainbow
Indigo_Glitterflower is a Fast FlyerIndigo_Glitterflower is a Fast FlyerIndigo_Glitterflower is a Fast FlyerIndigo_Glitterflower is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Wow, thx Cupcake! This helps a lot to me, bc I have no idea why my images won't show up in here! But I never used this program, and maybe PHF just doesn't accept the page I went to.
I will definitely try this out! Thx thx!
P.S. I just saw that we can attach images now
Here's the cupcake for your B-day that didn't work before: cake1091.jpg
Old 03-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo_Glitterflower View Post
P.S. I just saw that we can attach images now
Just remember that attachments are only available in the Arts, Creativity, Sigs & Avatars forum for now.
The Dropbox would be a good way for users to add images to their posts until our albums are fixed - thanks Cupcake!

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 03-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Baking cookies for Pluma
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Halloween 2014 Award 

Sweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magic
You are welcome Indigo and Alexia!

- Indigo :
Thanks for the cake!! look yummy!
Im glad that this help you ! you will learn to use it bc is easy!this can appears difficult the first time but it is not!

And like Alexia said the manage attachments is just for art threads,and while we cant use our albums you can use this way,and also is good learn new things! this have more features that you can use, i just will explain how insert images here, but you will find all the info in the dropbox site.

I will post today the other form that is almost the same form that you use with our albums,maybe can be more easy for understand.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:02 PM
ಌ is on a star ಌ
View Indigo_Glitterflower's Photo Album
Indigo_Glitterflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Halloween'12 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 29

My Mood: Rainbow
Indigo_Glitterflower is a Fast FlyerIndigo_Glitterflower is a Fast FlyerIndigo_Glitterflower is a Fast FlyerIndigo_Glitterflower is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Oh, I thought we could use attachments everywhere. Thx Onion for telling me! LOL I'd feel so dumb confused when I'd try to attach an image in other threads.
I have some more free time this weekend, I'll try to figure out how this program works!
Thx for your help girls!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
Thanks for the quick step-by-step Cupcake! I hope this makes it a lot clearer for the forum friends who don't understand URL links yet
Old 03-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Baking cookies for Pluma
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase

You are welcome friends! I like help if i can

This is the other form that you can use dropbox:

2) Using dropbox on dropbox site.

Remember that you need have an account created in dropbox site.

picture 8

Here you can see the two folders Public folder and Photos folder, same like you have in the folder dropbox on your computer, just that you will manage it on your account.

You have a tabs menu above with this options:
Get started, Files , Events , Sharing , Help

Gest started option: show you the steps that you have already on dropbox , dropbox have more features that you can use.

Files option: here you will manage all your files and folders.

Events: you can see recent activities in Dropbox.

Sharing options: Here you can sharing folders with others dropbox user.

1 ) Click on Files option, here you have the next options:
Upload , New folder , Share folders ,Show deleted files ,More.

picture 9

2) Click on Upload option:

picture 10

3) Here will appears the Upload options, Click on CHOOSE FILES.

picture 11

4) Select the files that you want upload , in this step you can select more than one file.
In the example i select just one. Click open.

picture 12

5) Click on START UPLOAD button.

picture 13

picture 14

6) The file will appears on your Dropbox folder how you can see in the image.
If Dropbox is running in your computer an alert appears informing about the new file uploaded

picture 15

Then you can check it on the Dropbox folder in your computer.

picture 16

7) Continuing where we were.. Right click on the file uploaded and choose MOVE.

picture 17

8) Will appears the MOVE FILE options:
Choose Public Folder and click on MOVE FILE button.

picture 18

9) The file will appears inside Public folder how you can see in the image.
Right click in the file and choose COPY PUBLIC LINK

picture 19

10) COPY PUBLIC LINK options:
You will see here the URL of your file, click on COPY TO CLIPBOARD button.

picture 20

here you will see the url was copied.

picture 21

11) here i show you how you can check it in your internet browser,
paste the url and the image will appears how you can see in the image

picture 22

12) In our case we need paste the URL in the post, Click on Insert image button and paste the url.

picture 23

I hope that this help you! Ask me anything that you need.

Last edited by Sweet Cupcake; 04-21-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
You sure did a lot of work there Cupcake
Thanks for the guide, I'm sure it will help me sometime in the future
Old 03-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
you are a good teacher!! Olivia
Old 03-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Baking cookies for Pluma
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thanks Iris!! you are right! this took me alot time!
I hope it be helpful to some!

- Olivia Teacher is much for me! rofl
But thank you so much!

Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 

Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Teasing Rofl

Ha Ha Ha Ha Oh your to funny Cups!
BUT a GREAT Teacher...Olivia
Attached Images
File Type: gif Spring Siggy.gif (94.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Olivia Diamondsky; 04-24-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Baking cookies for Pluma
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I want to clarify that in this step when you paste the url,you have to remove it selected and paste your url.

you cant have this: htpp://htpp:/.........

just one http:/
a correct url is some like this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52499140/ex/h2.png

Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
Awards Showcase

yes or maybe you will get a thumb nail.. ha ha ha Thx Cups, your the best!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Thinking about things
View Breezy lemonwind's Photo Album
Breezy lemonwind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner - Retired Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Flutterish
Breezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Thanks Cupcake. This is very helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Baking cookies for Pluma
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase

You are welcome! Glad that this help!!
I can see that someone is learning it