PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow

Beyond the Hollow For anything not relating to Pixie Hollow or Fairies

Old Star wars land!!!!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:58 AM
Flitterer
View stargazer80's Photo Album
stargazer80's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Sleepyy
stargazer80 is a talented Fairystargazer80 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Star wars land!!!!

Disney FINALLY made the announcement that Star Wars land is coming to Disneyland AND Disney's Hollywood Studios. I am posting the link from the official Disney Park's blog. Admins if it needs to be edited I totally understand.
I am sooo excited!!! I loved Star Wars! And to have entire land dedicated to it!!!! Oh and Toy Story land is coming!!!!! Sorry I am just a tad excited! I am a huge an of the parks! http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...yland-resorts/
Old 08-17-2015, 12:40 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I was waiting for D23 to happen just for this announcement. My dad is more excited about this than I am, I got my love of Star Wars from him.
The only downside is that I think it will take at least 5 years to built this new planet as they call it.

And here is the link for Toy Story Land~ http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ywood-studios/ and the link for everything happening at the Disney Parks ~ http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2015...7Cesocialmedia

Now I am just waiting to hear what they are closing in Disney's Hollywood Studios. They said Toy Story Land will be over by Toy Story Mania and where the animation building was, The Little Mermaid show is around there too hoping they do not get rid of that. Star Wars Land is going over by Star Tours, so Muppet Vision, Pizza Planet and The Indiana Jones Show are over there, I heard they might be using the old Backlot Tour for the new land since that closed last year.

Well I will be in Walt Disney World at the end of next month, I would assume nothing would be started by then but maybe they will have some info. I am also going to see The Wizarding World of Harry Potter too.

~Twi
Old 08-17-2015, 01:22 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Thank you for sharing, Stargazer (and Twilight.) That sounds pretty exciting and cool if the land will really look like the concept art. I, myself, rather have something from Tokyo DisneySea (seriously, that place is Awesome) but this is similar to DisneySea's Mysterious Island, so I guess I could live with that.

I was worried about Star Tours, I wouldn't want them to get rid of that ride, especially after reinventing it; or moving it. But if the park decides to put it over in that area that would be a smart move.

What about Space Mountain? I haven't been on it in a while since my Mom is scared of the ride, but I wouldn't want them to close it. My main fear when they talk about such a large project is that they always seem to get rid of something. Oh, I see, now that I read the one article Twilight added, it will be renamed Hyperspace Mountain.

If I knew where my little plush Ewok key chain was, I would put an image of him here; I bought him at the Star Tours souvenir shop and my brothers, who are actual fans of Star Wars, thought he was ugly. Poor mini Ewok, I still love you...wherever you are, that is.

Last edited by Sapphira110; 08-17-2015 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:31 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira110 View Post
I was worried about Star Tours, I wouldn't want them to get rid of that ride, especially after reinventing it; or moving it. But if the park decides to put it over in that area that would be a smart move.
I've been reading around a bit, and I think they'll be placing the new Land (in Disneyland) over where the Big Thunder Mountain Ranch is currently; it's a horse ranch/petting zoo area in a back corner of the park next to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I know they'll keep Star Tours around (it's like a staple of the park!), and the article I'm reading mentions how Star Tours will be updated later this year to reflect the new movie. I'm guessing that if they want to do something with Star Tours when the Star Wars Land opens, they'll just move it from it's current location into the Land rather than getting rid of it completely.

I have to admit, I was pretty relieved when I found out they were putting it where they were--I feared they would put it around the area where Pixie Hollow currently is, or would take down Toontown and put it there. Whew!

Quote:
Oh, I see, now that I read the one article Twilight added, it will be renamed Hyperspace Mountain.
It'll only be renamed that for specific Star Wars themed weekends, and it'll have special sounds and effects to make it more Star Wars-y during the events. But for the most part, it's still Space Mountain.

Here's a map of Disneyland to show where the new Star Wars Land will be built:

Click the image to view the full version
I also added in the logo of Pixie Hollow where it currently is, just for fun.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:06 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Just as long as they do not get rid of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!! I will be very upset if they did that, it's one of my favorites ever since I was a little girl; I used to be a big fan of dinosaurs, and I thought the giant dino skeleton was totally awesome as a kid. "Is it real, Mom, do you think it's the real fossil of a dinosaur?"

Favorite rides (not necessarily in order):

Pirates of the Caribbean
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye (Don't look at the eye!)
Storybook Canals (Look! it's Eric's ship and palace!)
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Star Tours
Tarzan Treehouse
Jungle Cruise (aw, look at those lions watching a zebra take a nap)
Haunted Mansion ("Hurry~ back~ Hurry~ back~)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea would have been up there, but...yeah, that's one of the rides Disney decided to get rid of. I haven't been on the Finding Nemo version, but I will always love that old Jules Verne-inspired ride. Always.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:57 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Quote:
I do not think they would get rid of Star Tours, I think the new land will be built around it.

Quote:
What about Space Mountain? I haven't been on it in a while since my Mom is scared of the ride, but I wouldn't want them to close it. My main fear when they talk about such a large project is that they always seem to get rid of something. Oh, I see, now that I read the one article Twilight added, it will be renamed Hyperspace Mountain.
I know in Walt Disney World Space Mountain is in the Magic Kingdom. I have never been to Disneyland to I do not know much about that park, but I do not think they wold get rid of an iconic ride like that. I read somewhere that Toon Town in Disneyland might go away, but that was a rumor.

~Twi