PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars

Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars Movie Production, Artwork, Animations, Sounds and other creative things to do with Pixie Hollow and Disney.

Old Art Month Contest

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Art Month Contest

Warning: this thread is merged together for the winners and participants list with the MMO Central contest in this link here. Also, since the thread is merged, I will add up the participants list up to 20 participants.

Happy Art Month everyone!

So, with this full-filled artsy month, I'd like to have a contest for everyone! The theme of the contest is very interesting (I hope so). Instead of making something like clothes, house, etc. now I want you to make a gift for your friend (doesn't need to be the one in this forum, but pretend to be creative as possible), for example, you want to draw your friend when she's celebrating her birthday party, or perhaps you want to draw your friend when you and your friend are having flying-break in The Tearoom.

You're allowed to do:
*Graphics (this doesn't mean to be graphic set, you're encouraged to do a 500x500 or more size)
*Digital Drawings
*Hand/Traditional Drawings

Make sure to include small paragraph that describe about your drawing, to make the scoring becomes easier.

Also, your art must include (this is a fairy related, not mainland related)
*Yourself (your own fairy, of course)
*Your friend (your fairy friend, up to 3 friends)
*Background (the place where you're having fun together)

Now for the Scoring Guidelines... (be ready to read this one, since this is very important)

Remember, I'm not going to score your Skills in drawing/graphics making!

I'm going to score for some points as below (out of 100 Marks):
*Creativity (40 Marks) - I know this is a hard thing, so I want to give the highest marks on this one. Your creativity bounds are unlimited, starting from selecting the moment or maybe creating your own moment with your friend to how you re-draw that moment itself. Or even you want to make a sky castle for the background and you play with your friend outside (I want something that's out of the box)
*Judge's Taste (30 Marks) - This is the second hardest thing one, so I will give you a pretty high mark on this one. Basically this depends on my taste (Warning: this is a spoiler)

Spoiler for Judge's Taste:

Basically I enjoy something that:
  • Elegance and Classical Taste
  • Shining Color Combination (means the color supposed to be pop out with the background)
  • Clear line-art (doesn't have to be good in shape, but please make sure your line-art for drawing are clear, this doesn't apply to graphics)
  • Fairies/Fantasy Related Art
  • Background Color and Choice matches with the Fairy and Clothing.

I don't really enjoy something that:
  • Too Crowded (sometimes this makes the picture becomes confusing to see)
  • Bright-colored (doesn't mean to be colorful, bright-colored means the color shines too brightly/high contrast value)
  • Poor-colored (the contrast value is too low, that makes the picture becomes grayish and dark)
  • Perhaps something that's related to animal, I don't really like it (except dragons, cute animals, then I like it)
  • Poor Background Color and Choice versus the Fairy and Clothing.

*Originality and Effort (20 Marks) - Your original creation and your effort will be scored (of course, because I appreciate every effort that has been made for each drawing), but it doesn't mean that this is the hardest thing to do (since I feel matching the judge's taste and creativity is harder than this)
*Cleanness and Neatness (10 Marks) - If your drawing is clean and neat, it will add up your marks.

Well I think that's enough for the explanation, now let's talk about the prizes (the thing that you're all waiting for)

Note: Someone might want to help me for the prizing (based on my experience from my previous Elsa's Graphic Contest), and I really appreciate for every effort about that. If you want to help me with the prizing, please PM me ASAP. I will select you as the judges and help me in the scoring. Make sure you say what you want to gift for, and I will add your name in the list. Oh yes, and I'd be gladly accept any offer of the help for making the graphics. Thank you.

1st Place
Special Surprise (by Me)
Graphics Set (by Me)
Cover (by Me)
Wallpaper (by Me)

2nd Place
Special Surprise (by Me)
Graphics Set (by Me)
Cover (by Me)

3rd Place
Fairy Drawing (by Me)*
Graphics Set (by Me)
Cover (by Me)

Honorable Mentions (1 slot)
Fairy Drawing (by Me)*
Graphics Set (by Me)

*Fairy Drawing is not be mentioned as Fairy Portrait

Oh yes... I have one more prize for you all...

Participants Prizes (by Me)
A Signature of your Participation
A Signature of your Fairy
A Badge for Thanking your participation

Judges (only 2 slots available)
*Me

Deadline: I will not have a deadline (since I really want to make sure you do the art in all of your effort, but I will close in entry when the slot below is full). Also, you're not allowed to edit your entry once your name is already listed below. I hope you'll understand.

1. Rach1214 (Winter Shopping)
2. Onionleaf (Memories in Treetop Bend)
3. Rainbowswirls (Chatting and Eating Silly Sweets Together)

Participants list may be added depends on the demanded amounts of participants.
Thank you for reading. Hope you all have a wonderful artistic day!

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 01-21-2016 at 10:21 AM. Reason: something :o
Old 01-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 

Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
I guess I should B.U.M.P my post since there aren't any comments/entries available...
Old 01-12-2016, 03:02 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I love contests. And can not wait to see everyone's entries.

Are art HAS to include our fairy? Cause you want us to make a gift for a friend, so to be able to include my fairy it would have to be a graphic, I can not really draw. But on the Mainland I make cards and I just made one for a friend's birthday but it has nothing to do with fairies, it has to do with Disney though. So if
it has to have my fairy in it, then when I have time to make a graphic.

~Twi
Old 01-12-2016, 04:44 PM
Flitterer
View Stella Icewind's Photo Album
Stella Icewind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award Apr'15 Coloring Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Thankful Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Angelic
Stella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dust
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Oh my god this is a brilliant idea Alyce, i cannot wait to see everyone's drawings and graphics.
To be honest i am not so good with drawing but also i'm not bad at all though i am not used to do graphics. Maybe ill do something like hand drawing but again im not really sure. But its okay, i am pretty sure that there are so many talented people here
GOOD LUCK FRIENDS! Also Alyce good job
Old 01-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
Are art HAS to include our fairy? Cause you want us to make a gift for a friend, so to be able to include my fairy it would have to be a graphic, I can not really draw. But on the Mainland I make cards and I just made one for a friend's birthday but it has nothing to do with fairies, it has to do with Disney though. So if
it has to have my fairy in it, then when I have time to make a graphic.

~Twi
Thanks for having interest on joining my contest, Twi. The art must be fairy themed and everyone is required to include your fairy and one of your fairy friend (this is also required for Graphics). I hope you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Icewind View Post
Oh my god this is a brilliant idea Alyce, i cannot wait to see everyone's drawings and graphics.
To be honest i am not so good with drawing but also i'm not bad at all though i am not used to do graphics. Maybe ill do something like hand drawing but again im not really sure. But its okay, i am pretty sure that there are so many talented people here
GOOD LUCK FRIENDS! Also Alyce good job
Wow, thanks for taking interest on joining my contest, Stella. Oh, don't worry, I'm not going to score for skills! I'm going to largely score for everyone's creativity (I don't care if the picture looks ugly in shape/flat in color, but if you're creative and you can explain what you're drawing clearly in a paragraph, you have a great chance to win).

Good luck to you and all other participants! Remember, the entry slot is limited (only 20 slots).

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 01-14-2016 at 01:10 PM. Reason: something :o
Old 01-13-2016, 12:33 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
This is a lovely idea for Art Month, Alyce. I really like the theme that you chose, we will really have to think long and hard about our entries. I'll try to make time to enter a drawing or graphic this month, but if not, I wish everyone else the best of luck with their entries!

I'm just wondering, does it have to be only one friend or can we add more to the graphic/drawing? Also, does the friend have to be a fairy or can I create a fairy counterpart for a Mainland friend (who hasn't played the game)?

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 01-13-2016, 10:39 AM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
I'm just wondering, does it have to be only one friend or can we add more to the graphic/drawing? Also, does the friend have to be a fairy or can I create a fairy counterpart for a Mainland friend (who hasn't played the game)?
Thank you for having interest on joining my contest, Onion! Very good question (never thought about it). You can make a fairy counterpart of Mainland friend, and you're allowed to have your friend in your art at a maximum amount of 3 friends (because if it's too much the graphic becomes too crowded). I hope you understand.

If you're having interest in joining the contest, please please, post something, so I can understand if you're taking interest of this contest. And there's a happy news for everyone! If there are lots of interests in this contest, I might add up the slot for the participants. Oh yes, and if anyone is interested in becoming judges, add up the prizes for the winners, the honorable mentions, and interested in making graphic for the participants (I believe I cannot finish it in quick amount of time) please PM me as soon as possible (because I might be busy for school in this following month, and might not have much time for making the graphics). I hope you're understand.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:27 PM
Is The Best ♥
View Rach1214's Photo Album
Rach1214's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Summertime Award Summer 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award St. Patrick Day 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Leap Year 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: InCharge
Rach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Light Talent Water Talent
Heart Entry

I kinda haven't edit in a long time, but I hope you enjoy!

It an edit of me and you in similar outfits!
My theme for this is: Winter Shopping with my BFF!
Old 01-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Nice graphic, Rachel! I can't wait to see more artwork from you guys!

This contest sounds interesting. I might make an entry, except that it might take a day or two for me to complete it since I don't have unlimited time.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:54 PM
🔨💚✨Ꭾɾoʋɗ❤Ꭲɪɴκϵʀ✨💚 🔨
View Lily Snowfleck's Photo Album
Lily Snowfleck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Arcade Participants Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Happy
Lily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dust
Tinker Talent Light Talent Water Talent
Wow, this is a wonderful contest, Alyce!

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time at the moment, and since school is going to be starting soon for me, I probably won't have enough time to enter. If I do find the time, though, I will definitely try to post an entry; I'm very excited about this contest!

This gorgeous siggy was made by Ruby! Thank you so much!
Old 01-14-2016, 10:52 AM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach1214 View Post
Click the image to view the full version

I kinda haven't edit in a long time, but I hope you enjoy!

It an edit of me and you in similar outfits!
My theme for this is: Winter Shopping with my BFF!
Wow, thank you for including my fairy for the graphic (I feel very honored for being choose in the graphic). I will add your name in the list (make sure you don't edit this graphic, as the first thread says). Best of luck to you, Rachel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowswirls View Post
Nice graphic, Rachel! I can't wait to see more artwork from you guys!

This contest sounds interesting. I might make an entry, except that it might take a day or two for me to complete it since I don't have unlimited time.
Thank you for having interest on joining my graphic contest, Rainbowswirls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Snowfleck View Post
Wow, this is a wonderful contest, Alyce!

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time at the moment, and since school is going to be starting soon for me, I probably won't have enough time to enter. If I do find the time, though, I will definitely try to post an entry; I'm very excited about this contest!
Aww... I wish you could join Lily (your previous clothes drawing is awesome). If you want to join my contest, you can join anytime, since it has no due date, but watch out since the entry slot is limited.

There's one entry for today in the list. Don't worry, since it has no due date, you can do the art as long as you can, but please make sure to watch the entry slot since it's limited.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:16 PM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Just do something to BUMP up this thread (a banner that I made by myself):
Old 01-18-2016, 07:58 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Amazing banner, Alyce! I love the style used!

P.S. Is that drawing based off of one of your fairies?

Old 01-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
I'd like to say thank you for organising the contest, Alyce. I really enjoyed thinking of something special to draw, and decided to go with a more silly moment. Sweet Cupcake has been a wonderful pixie pal, and one of the simpler but still very fun moments I remember in the Hollow with her was whispering silly things to each other and flinging random Emotes. Our favorite one was the Turtle emote, which Alexia is holding in her hand (Alexia also has a Cake emote drooping off her hair, hee hee). I tried my best to express the feeling of fun, laughter and silliness. The scene is on a branch up at Treetop Bend - it was my favorite meadow, and I have fond memories of it as well.

Click the image to view the full version

I hope you don't mind me not coloring-in my drawing - I didn't have a lot of time today before all the guests came to the house, plus I wanted to practice my sketching without having to resort to colors (which is not so easy as it seems at first sight). It's nothing glamorous, but I simply wanted to put my idea onto paper before it disappeared from memory.

It also made me realise that it would be flitterific if I could draw more sketches of times with friends in the Hollow. (Maybe if I keep to my 2016 Resolution of drawing an hour a week, I could get some more sketches completed )

=====

Your banner drawing is beautiful, Alyce! I love all the detail in the shading, that must have taken a while.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 01-19-2016, 11:09 AM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowswirls View Post
Amazing banner, Alyce! I love the style used!

P.S. Is that drawing based off of one of your fairies?
Thank you! Actually it's not my fairy indeed (it doesn't have wings and its body proportional is closely a human anatomy one). I really enjoy drawing fantasy characters, but because I'm still in my learning progress, I need to increase my skills more (such as making the such laces and some highlights on the drawing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
I hope you don't mind me not coloring-in my drawing - I didn't have a lot of time today before all the guests came to the house, plus I wanted to practice my sketching without having to resort to colors (which is not so easy as it seems at first sight). It's nothing glamorous, but I simply wanted to put my idea onto paper before it disappeared from memory.

=====

Your banner drawing is beautiful, Alyce! I love all the detail in the shading, that must have taken a while.
Oh thank you for your participation, Onionleaf! I hope you don't edit your hand drawing since the first thread says so. About my drawing, thank you so much for your great comments. Yep it took me around more than 2 hours to draw, despite I have a big difficulty on drawing the laces.