PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Site Content > Polls & Surveys

Polls & Surveys In here are polls and surveys about Disney and Pixie Hollow that you may participate in and/or create. New threads are moderated in this forum.

Old Ever won any fashion contests?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

View Poll Results: Ever won any famous fairy fashion contests?
Lots of them, I'm a fashion queen! 1 4.00%
I won some of them 8 32.00%
I won a contest once 5 20.00%
I never won any contests 6 24.00%
I never participated in a famous fairy fashion contest 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2015, 11:52 PM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Ever won any fashion contests?

You know how famous fairies and Pixie Pals like to have fashion contests? Well, did you ever win won? How often? You can talk about how you won, like who the host was and what the theme and event was.

Silver won a fashion contest during Troop Otter spirit weeks in Camp Pixie Dust 2012 when the theme was blue. Jazzy announced the winner.

Snowflake won at least two fashion contests, one during Troop Butterfly spirit weeks in 2012 when the theme was pink (Perry) and another during the 2013 Mermaid Party when the theme was merfairy. Jazzy announced that winner.

Marigold won one in Fall 2012 when the theme was autumn. I'm not sure if it was a famous fairy or a pixie pal that announced her win.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:22 AM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
I've never been in a Famous Fairy fashion contest before. What are they like?
Old 06-17-2015, 01:53 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Excited Fashion cons in Pixie Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker406TWO View Post
You know how famous fairies and Pixie Pals like to have fashion contests? Well, did you ever win won? How often? You can talk about how you won, like who the host was and what the theme and event was.
I won a few, but they were with regular fairies, not famous fairies. For a long time I was a free fairy. Then I got clickables but I still was a free fairy. I started winning sometimes because I had an unusual item from clickables. When I started to play as a member fairy I won some that way too. But since my fashion sense is only so-so, most of my wins came when the theme was "goofiest" outfit. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_of_Glory View Post
[I was not thinking of famous fairies when I wrote the following sentences. Sorry.] There were some different ways to play. Sometimes it was not competitive, sometimes it was competitive. Sometimes it went like this:

I'd be playing pixie hollow and I'd get a whisper: "Fashion con" which meant "Fly to me, a fashion contest is about to start."

Then a fairy would say a theme. The other fairies would dress up in something that they felt looked good and matched the theme. The theme could be anything. "Pink" meant "dress in something pink." Then the host would say who won that round. Then the winning fairy would announce a new theme. "Your arrival day outfit." Everyone would switch to their arrival day outfit ad the host would judge again. (That worked better when "Create a Fairy" let you choose more than white dandelion fluff.)

Maybe the next theme might be "your favorite animal" or "Halloween" or "Summer".

At the end the host would say who won how many. Sometimes there'd be a tie and you'd have to have a fashion showdown.

Stormy

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)

Last edited by StormyLightningberry; 06-18-2015 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Oops! Not famous!
Old 06-17-2015, 01:58 AM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
I don't believe that I've ever participated in a famous fairy fashion con, but I've played in a fashion con with a few of my friends at either one of my fairies' houses or my friend's house.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:23 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I remember when it was the Animal Masquerade, and the Pixie Pals were visiting parties with specific names. I can't remember which Pixie Pal hosted the fashion contest, but I can remember Rosa there, dressed in her one (and only) costume: her Cantalope Orange Founding Fairy top, skirt, and shoes, with her 2008 chipmunk ears on her head (don't worry, the colors went together really well!). I was shocked when the Pixie Pal announced that I was the winner of that round--that my non-member Founding Fairy had just the right amount of costumy flair to pull it off.

Other than that, I remember dressing up like Tinker Bell and Periwinkle when Tink visited the Ballroom for the Fairy Friendship Festival of 2013 (but I didn't win since I didn't have the movie-accurate Tink/Peri outfits), and I remember visiting many a simple fashion con. But the one where Rosa won will always stick out in my mind.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:42 PM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_of_Glory View Post
Famous fairy fashion contests are when a famous fairy or Pixie Pal chooses a fashion theme usually relating to that particular event. Usually, two winners are chosen and there's usually only one round.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:46 PM
Lemon Queen
View Lemonyfairy44's Photo Album
Lemonyfairy44's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter Treat Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: Annoyed
Lemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the QueenLemonyfairy44 met the Queen
Garden Talent
What is it like? Well it's a little chaotic. Lots of fairies come to the event usually it is hosted by Mariana. At the contest at the selected time on the top ten servers Mariana comes. A theme is chosen and people must creatively use new and old items dying them and accessorizing to make a unique outfit. She looks at your outfits and usually two winners are chosen per meadow.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:00 AM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
If Marina counts as a famous fairy, then yes, I have won before (after several failed attempts)! It was Round 2 of the Disney theme, and I dressed up as Kim Possible. I believe it was Marina's second to last Fashion Spotlight as well.

Even though those Fashion Spotlights caused so much lag, and Marina probably couldn't see everyone's outfits since it was always congested, it felt great to finally win.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:37 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Julie, I think my fairy Lily won at the same Fashion Spotlight as you - she was dressed as Melody from The Little Mermaid 2.
My other fairy Misty won the Rock Star themed Spotlight. So, if Marina counts as a Famous Fairy, then I guess I've won before. I always loved planning my outfit for the Spotlights, it's such a fun challenge.

I've also been to a lot of other, non-Famous Fairy hosted fashion cons. Those were really fun as well.

Sig made by the amazing Ruby (Book Thing)!

Old 06-23-2015, 08:32 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
If we're also counting Fashion Spotlights, then I can recall two wins in fashion contests.

The Fashion Spotlight win was during the Disney characters theme. Alexia got dressed up as Mary Poppins - her outfits was mostly dyed black so I was surprised that I was seen in the crowd. It was such an incredible feeling to have your fairy featured in the Never News! (And her name starts with an A too, so she was always first on the list )

The other fashion con was hosted by the Minister of Spring himself! All the pixies were gathered in the Ballroom and I believe the theme was green, or something else that was spring-like. I remember that I was not expecting to even be noticed but my name was called out in the end, which was such a shock! I could have sworn I had uploaded an image of this event before, but I guess the screenshot is tucked away somewhere on my external hard drive. Aah, I should really get those screenshots organised soon.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 06-29-2015, 10:47 PM
3 Founding Fairies 2008
View Peweli's Photo Album
Peweli's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd A Fairy Haiku Award 
Total Awards: 51

My Mood: Festive
Peweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Fashion Contest

I never won any fashion contests. I mostle went to parties to play the games and talk to other fairies. So usually if there was a Fashion Contest I made my apologies and left the party,

The only contest I ever won on Pixie Hollow was naming SNOWCAP GLADE. They were going to name the winter meadow and many of us submitted names. I admitted 3 names, one for each of my fairies, and Quicksilver Clousdhimmer won.

My Fairies: Quicksilver Cloudshimmer Twilight Diamondshimmer Topaz Nightwhisper
Arrival Date - January 24, 2007
Old 06-30-2015, 03:09 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Ooh, I didn't know Marina counts! Then I'll add up my (kinda ambiguous) count up by one.
It was November 2012, during the Sisters Celebration for the Secret of the Wings release. I was excited about this one because it required very little change on my part--since 2010 I had created (and continually tweaked) a winter outfit for Eve, changing it each winter with the new clothes we received over the year. So, this fashion spotlight was relatively easy--I had already bought and dyed Rosetta's winter skirt from the Secret of the Wings, as well as tailored a few things I had unlocked that went well. I was all ready for that fashion spotlight... until I got the time wrong!
After realizing I was an hour off--and about to miss Marina and my chance!--I hurriedly flew into the Hollow, quickly flying into Evergreen Overlook and flitting as fast as I could into the Frosted Forest. I was lucky--I was there just before Marina started to say goodbye. And, much to my shock, I found my picture in the Never News just a few days later. It was the only time I ever won a Fashion Spotlight.
Of course, I entered a few other Fashion Spotlights, but didn't win those (took plenty of pictures of the lag they produced, though, which still make me laugh). But that's fine--I only needed to win one, the rest were all for fun.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:07 AM
Flitterer
View stargazer80's Photo Album
stargazer80's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Sleepyy
stargazer80 is a talented Fairystargazer80 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
I gave up entering after my first year. I never won and it was just frustrating.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:23 AM
loves to fly!
View ella_roseplume's Photo Album
ella_roseplume's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Create A Talent Award Autumn 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Riddle Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Pixieish
ella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I only had time to make it to a few fashion spotlights even though I played PH for years and I never won any. I didn't even know there were other kinds of famous fairy fashion cons, but those sound like so much fun.

I often won normal fashion cons between regular fairies. That was my main reason for getting new clothes and dyeing interesting outfits. I liked having something for every theme.