PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fly Home > Fly Home Archive

Fly Home Archive Archive forum for your Home threads.

Old Total Control Over Unwanted Fairies In Our Homes

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!
View seek4light's Photo Album
seek4light's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Thanksgiving Award 2014 Summer Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Winter 2013 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 76

My Mood: Inspired
seek4light has made Fairy Mary's A listseek4light has made Fairy Mary's A listseek4light has made Fairy Mary's A listseek4light has made Fairy Mary's A listseek4light has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Total Control Over Unwanted Fairies In Our Homes

BRAVO and Three Cheers To The Never Council!!

Never Council has acted to protect us and give us total control over unpleasant social situations that may arise in our homes in Pixie Hollow!
With this last update we were given the option of opening our journals and selecting from the options page whether or not we choose to allow only our friends to enter our homes or whether or not to allow both friends and strangers to us access to our homes ...

(read into this a need to choose wisely if you want to host a public party or if you wish to close your home to strangers who enter your home by following your friends into it)

... BUT THERE IS MORE!
While we are at home, we can now click on an unwanted fairy in our home, click on a NEW BUTTON on her profile (located next to the Report Fairy button, as I recall; top right of the profile window that pops up when a fairy is clicked) and it will immediately give you the option to remove the unwanted fairy from your home!

The fairy will be immediately teleported back to whichever meadow she was in before flying to your home.
If the fairy in question is on your friend list, this remove fairy button will NOT delete the fairy from your friend list, it will simply gently remove her from your home and deposit her where she was before and she will still be on your friend list.

BRAVO, NEVER COUNCIL!! THANK YOU!!
This is a very welcome change to Pixie Hollow as it will help us seize control and stop unwelcome bullying and rude behavior in our homes. I want to go on record as being very appreciative of the decision to give us total control of who is in our homes and what happens there.

-Seek4light-

My Fairies:
Autumn Pumpkinglow
Lark Morningsong
Cricket Pepperspeck
Old 12-17-2010, 09:04 AM
is as busy as a bee!
View Tansy Greenleaf's Photo Album
Tansy Greenleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
National Cookie Day 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 65

My Mood: Busy
Tansy Greenleaf glows with pixie dustTansy Greenleaf glows with pixie dustTansy Greenleaf glows with pixie dustTansy Greenleaf glows with pixie dustTansy Greenleaf glows with pixie dustTansy Greenleaf glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Yep! Everyone's been pretty happy about that lately, and thanks for pointing it out!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Believe in Miracles!
View Lark's Photo Album
Lark's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 74

My Mood: Pixieish
Lark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Thank you so much Seek4light!

I had heard this option existed but not where to find it or how to use it. Your descriptions were spot on!

It is a very good thing that we can now send a rude fairy out for some 'fresh air' to help them cool off when their tempers get the best of them.

It's rare that a fairy gets out of hand but it does happen and we should be able to preserve our home space as our special refuge - that special 'safe' place.

I also like that they are not removed from our friends list - everyone has a bad day so hopefully they fresh air will help clear their heads.

Thank you Never Council!

This has been a great season thanks to their hard work, creativity and dedication.

-Lark
Old 12-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Is a badge hound fairy
View Violet Merryvale's Photo Album
Violet Merryvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 55

My Mood: Balanced
Violet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
This was one of the new features on December 9th and was listed as one of the changes. I found it that day, but never knew you could change say mid party and "remove" someone from your home! Great find.

The main question for this option is if a famous fairy is visiting parties. Do you have to have an open house to all or are friends enough? If open to all at least we can now remove fairies if needed.

VM
Old 12-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Believe in Miracles!
View Lark's Photo Album
Lark's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 74

My Mood: Pixieish
Lark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Merryvale View Post
This was one of the new features on December 9th and was listed as one of the changes. I found it that day, but never knew you could change say mid party and "remove" someone from your home! Great find.

The main question for this option is if a famous fairy is visiting parties. Do you have to have an open house to all or are friends enough? If open to all at least we can now remove fairies if needed.

VM

I can't speak for the NC Violet but I do remember that many times in the past the communications have said that the famous fairies would be visiting 'public' parties.

That said, if you know they are coming on a certain day to public parties and you prefer only friends, you could change your options for the day and then change them back after their visits ...

-Lark
Old 12-17-2010, 09:42 PM
ThankYouTwilightForAvatar
View SmileyHearts963's Photo Album
SmileyHearts963's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Book Titler Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Princess
SmileyHearts963 is a talented Fairy
Angry Why isn't it working!?!?

Ok, I tried it out, and it's not working! My friend's friend (who wasn't on my list) was able to fly to my fairy's home when my option was set to only friends can visit!
That is so weird!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Pixie Forever
View Bubblemist's Photo Album
Bubblemist's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Cloud_9
Bubblemist has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
In the past if I found someone in my home I was shocked at first but then I asked them there name like I would do if I saw someone new in the meadow, most of the time they have enter though a friend on my friends list and wanted to take a peek at my home, I really don't mind because I know they can't take anything and I am flatter that they wanted to take a peek at my home. If on the other hand a mean fairy does happen to show up, I leave. Some how they got in always through a friend I know, but once they leave they can't come back, and if they do I just go down the list of friends ask them if they know them tell them what happen and ask them not to invite them back to my place, simple. I love to visit friends homes and I am mostly on late hours so they aren't always home for me to ask if they mind if I stop by....lol call me bad but I do peek at others homes once in a while if I get bored in the meadows. I guess it depends on how U look at it, I look at it knowing they can't take anything so it's no big deal to me and at the same time I am flatter they pick my home to visit rather I am at home or not. It's nice that Pixie gave us this new option for those of U who feel friends or stranger in their homes without permission is a NO NO.......lol
Old 12-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Lightning Fairy
View Mia Lightningwillow's Photo Album
Mia Lightningwillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award Thankful For Award 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Reading
Mia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Fairy Removal from Home

Well I discovered something that was kind of funny- I came home to place a new item into my home and a fairy flew in. She just flew around and I said hello. She said hi back but then sat down. I wasn't sure who she was so I checked to see if she was on my friends list. She was not.

BUT I noticed something. There was an option to 'remove' her from my home! I was tickled a bit to say the least! I knew we could have the option not have it so that non-friends could not enter our homes, but I did not know we could 'throw them out'. LOL

So if any of you have not seen this option, it's kind of nifty! Way to clear out a party!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Badge Hunter
View Elliandra's Photo Album
Elliandra's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2013 Award 2010 Holiday Award Winter Solstice Award Summer Room Design Contest Participant's Award Summer 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Welcoming
Elliandra has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Brilliant! Where did you see this option? I may start having parties now.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Thinking about things
View Breezy lemonwind's Photo Album
Breezy lemonwind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner - Retired Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Flutterish
Breezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
I have not seen that option yet. Where is it?
Old 12-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Is Back For a Few Days :)
View vetcat1234's Photo Album
vetcat1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick Day 2016 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Graphic Trio Award 
Total Awards: 60

My Mood: Sugar-Rush
vetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
when u click on a fairy that is in ur home, it will show fly to, fly to home, etc. at the end the last one is remove from home. hope it helps!
Old 12-18-2010, 01:08 AM
ThankYouTwilightForAvatar
View SmileyHearts963's Photo Album
SmileyHearts963's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Book Titler Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Princess
SmileyHearts963 is a talented Fairy
Angry Something Rilly, Rilly Bad

Something really bad happened: Fairies flying around randomly in a meadow ( and you ) can fly to your home now! So, anyone you see flying in a meadow that you don't know can fly to your home through your profile. Isn't that great - NOT! WTG, Never Council! Bravo!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:43 AM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyHearts963 View Post
Something really bad happened: Fairies flying around randomly in a meadow ( and you ) can fly to your home now! So, anyone you see flying in a meadow that you don't know can fly to your home through your profile. Isn't that great - NOT! WTG, Never Council! Bravo!
OH GREAT JOB NEVER COUNCIL! oh goody! strangers and come into my house without me knowing it! whoopee! wat do i think of that idea? ITS THE WORST EVER! just great another person to call my house a GARAGE.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:09 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
A little risk with fairy profile at home and REMOVE FROM HOME

There is a risk when you open a friend fairy profile and then want to close it. Make sure you don't miss the X for close profile, and don't accidentally hit ( Remove from Home ) when you don't mean to.

I went and checked on my OWN profile when I was in my fairy home alone. I am happy to report there is no risk of this happening with your own fairy. How embarrassing would that be? To lock yourself out of your own fairy home!

But they made it so that cannot happen.

Stormy

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 12-18-2010, 04:27 AM
Hall of Fame
View pixiedust34's Photo Album
pixiedust34's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award National Cookie Day 2012 Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Bahahaha
pixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queenpixiedust34 met the Queen
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyHearts963 View Post

Can't you adjust who goes into your home. I believe I read somewhere that that is in the options tab now. So if random fairies coming into your home is an issue for you, I would suggest setting it so only friends can go into your home.