PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg:Book Review

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:20 AM
hi!
View RosesOfScarlet's Photo Album
RosesOfScarlet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Happy
RosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg:Book Review

Hello everyone! I just finished the book "Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg." It is my second time reading it and I really understood it better. I really like the detail Gail Carson Levine gives. I really like the character of Prilla where she doesn't know her talent but in the end she does. I also like how Gail isn't afraid to write some things. Like she made some fairies die and a fox almost eat Mother Dove. But, there's one thing I really don't like...

I've never really liked Tinker Bell, and I felt more like that after reading it again. Mother Dove tells her to tell stories about herself becuase Mother Dove is dying. While Tinker Bell tells her feelings about Peter Pan she says ''I would have believed him that I was was his best friend, but then he brought Wendy in and that changed EVERYTHING.'' Then i'm thinking ''jealous!!!''

I also don't like how everyone is mean to Prilla in the beginning (mostly Tink).

I suggest highly that you should read it. I enjoyed it very much
Old 11-08-2012, 03:27 AM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
Oh my goodness! I also finished reading it too! In my opinion, I LOVED the book. I read the book so quickly because I enjoyed it so much. I agree with you that it was very mean for the fairies in the beginning of the story to dislike Prilla, I think Prilla is sweet! I hope to get the sequel to it shortly, I am eager to read it.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:34 AM
hi!
View RosesOfScarlet's Photo Album
RosesOfScarlet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Happy
RosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Dazzleshimmer View Post
Oh my goodness! I also finished reading it too! In my opinion, I LOVED the book. I read the book so quickly because I enjoyed it so much. I agree with you that it was very mean for the fairies in the beginning of the story to dislike Prilla, I think Prilla is sweet! I hope to get the sequel to it shortly, I am eager to read it.

"Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand" is a very good book. Some party I think the author was too slow on but, I still really enjoyed it.

Last edited by RosesOfScarlet; 11-19-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:09 AM
Rainbow Over the River
View Riverbow's Photo Album
Riverbow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
School Days Contest End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Cookies
Riverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
I loved this book and enjoy the other works by the same author, she's a very good writer. My favorite parts were reading about Prilla's arrival and her very unique perspective on things. She's almost like a clumsy becoming a fairy, which allowed me to feel like I was "born" among the fairies in a second life.
Riverbow
Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 PM
☼♦Shine bright♦☼
View Iceglow's Photo Album
Iceglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Halloween 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Snow!
Iceglow is a talented FairyIceglow is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I really enjoyed reading this book to And good review
Old 11-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Liri Sunwillow
View Solara's Photo Album
Solara's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 1