PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old Disney Fairies Graphic Novels

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Disney Fairies Graphic Novels

Has anyone heard of (or purchased) these graphic novels before? I was browsing Amazon (again, hehe) and came across these volumes. Being an avid manga reader, I thought this was a pretty neat find and was not expecting for Disney Fairies comics to even exist!

Here's the link to the publisher's website: http://papercutz.com/comics/disney-fairies

There are plenty of preview pages on Amazon that you can have a look at. Here's just an example from a simple Google Images search:

Click the image to view the full version

Looking at some of the preview pages, the character designs and their personalities seem a bit different to what we're used to, but it was interesting to see the fairies we know appear in a different art style.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 10-17-2015, 11:32 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I have about eight of them, and they are really nice. I love the art, it's so bright and cheerful; it really takes me back to Pixie Hollow. The writing is closer to the chapter novels than the movies; and feature the older, original fairies (Rani, Lily, Prilla, Beck, Bess, Fira...) more than the newer ones (Silvermist, Iridessa, Rosetta, Fawn...) Plus, there are plenty of stories of all-new fairies as well as a few with Hook and Peter Pan. If you like manga, or comics in general, OR lots and lots of gorgeous art of Disney Fairies, I would definitely snatch them up.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:31 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
That's awesome! I agree that the art is very cheerful, the artists did a great job with it.
And it's nice to see the book fairies making an appearance, it's like they don't even exist in the movies.

Do you have a favorite volume or are they all equally good? (Just thinking of perhaps purchasing one for now to see what it's like )

Old 10-20-2015, 11:20 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 

Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
I think my favorite would be volume 4, "Tinker Bell to the Rescue", but they are all so good.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:40 AM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
I'm not really used to reading comics, but I love reading anything which immerses me into the world of Disney Fairies, so I'd like to give these a try sometime... *bookmarks link* Thanks for sharing, Alexia!
Old 10-22-2015, 06:10 PM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
I've read several of these graphic novels, and I find them really cute. The artwork is great, and actually, the fairies' personalities aren't too different, though they stick more to the chapter books' depictions than the movies.
Most of them are comprised of five or six short stories, though Tinker Bell to the Rescue is more like one story split into four parts. I agree with Sapphira, that was one of my favorites too. I also liked Tinker Bell the Perfect Fairy. (Or at least, I think it was that one. It's been a while since I read them.)

Thank you Stormy and Alyce!
Old 10-22-2015, 07:05 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I only read part of one of the graphic novels once, in a bookstore while on vacation. Unfortunately, none of my local bookstores carry them (), but I haven't quite reached the point of buying them electronically yet. I admit, they look really nice, and the one story I read put a huge smile on my face just hearing a new story about my favorite book fairies for the first time in so many years...
So I hope I can check out more sometime soon!

Signature by someone, avatar by Neverbelle ~ Come flit by my Userpage! ~ Switch friend code: SW-0846-5678-6094
Old 10-22-2015, 09:30 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Reading all the comments here really makes me wanna buy one of these... I so long to be back in the beautiful world of Pixie Hollow!
Old 10-28-2015, 03:21 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Are they comic book versions of existing chapter books stories?

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 10-28-2015, 09:17 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry View Post
Are they comic book versions of existing chapter books stories?
The comic books with the same title as the movies most likely follow the storyline of the films, but as for the others, judging by their titles and the preview pages on Amazon, they seem to be completely new stories. I'm probably not the best person to ask as I don't own the comics, but I've read almost all of the chapter books and none of the stories in the comic book novels sound familiar.

Thank you for the feedback, everyone! I'm definitely considering purchasing a copy. The shipment costs are so expensive for orders to NZ, so I hope that I can make it more worth it with a bulk purchase of books.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I hate shipping costs, have you tried Amazon, Onionleaf? I'm not sure if it's an option, but if you spend a certain amount you get free shipping.

And StormyLightningberry, the stories in the comics are completely new and different from the chapter novels, except for the ones based on the movies. There are stories about fashion shows, little adventures to Captain Hook's ship, talking to Peter Pan, and a lost fairy.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:10 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira110 View Post
I hate shipping costs, have you tried Amazon, Onionleaf? I'm not sure if it's an option, but if you spend a certain amount you get free shipping.
Unfortunately, the shipping costs on Amazon are exactly the ones that I was talking about. They add on around $25 for shipment to NZ which I think is a total rip-off (or maybe I'm just used to taking the free shipping offer when purchasing things online ). I am hoping that the $25 is high as it goes so that I'll be able to purchase items in bulk. I'll check tomorrow to see if it's a fixed cost or not - it takes a while as it only shows shipping costs at the very last step of the checkout process, which is very annoying. Plus, I have to make sure to check the "allows shipment to New Zealand" option every time I browse the site, as not all items are actually available for us here. And sadly, free shipping does not apply to New Zealand purchases, otherwise there would have been no problem at all. (Ah, me and my bargain hunting woes, lol )

Old 12-31-2015, 01:23 PM
Happy New Year!
View Daisy GlitterConfetti's Photo Album
Daisy GlitterConfetti's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd Arcade Champ Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Adventurous
Daisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Those comics sound flitterific! At first I thought they were the magazines they used to sell in my stores, which had a short comic on a few pages. But the artwork is more like manga and as I read on, it seems it's an actual comic book. I didn't even know those existed!

I'm definitely going to look into these.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:49 AM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

They now have Japanese-translated-into-English comics/manga. I just got the first volume this month - haven't read it yet, but I know what it's about. The comics appear to be manga versions of the original chapter novels, starting with "Vidia and the Fairy Crown"...

Coming in October:

This one is based on the book "Tink in a Fairy Fix"

The third volumes appears to be "Rain in the Mermaid Lagoon".

I personally can't wait for them to finally get this story out:

Spoiler for Petit Diary:

I learned about it a long time ago and thought it looked soooo cute! The story sounds a bit too much like Prilla's story where a new fairy arrives and is trying to find her place in the Hollow.

Just felt like getting the word out about these gems, especially with the decline of Disney Fairies - I can't even find the dolls in stores anymore