PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Shops, Tailors, Bakeries & Tinkering

Shops, Tailors, Bakeries & Tinkering Discussions about the various Shops and Crafting Nooks within the game.

Old Daisy's and Harmony's -- WHAT?!?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Animal Talent
View Jellyblossom's Photo Album
Jellyblossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Make A Wish Award National Cookie Day 2012 Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Dreamy
Jellyblossom is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
You might be right, but I don't like it that way. I like to work had at gathering or games and then I earn a badge or enough ingredients to buy something, that's how the game should be in my opinion.

And today we can only trade for two diamonds...
Old 09-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
AGH!!! I've had it with all these changes! I was first sad and mad when Harmony got a new job and closed her furniture store because I am a very down to earth pixie, and I will miss going to her shop because it brings back good memories. That shows how much I love Pixie Hollow. Then, when they fired Colette, Sunny, and Prism, and took all their dyes and delivered them to Daisy to make a whole new big shop I was heartbroken! I miss going to every different dye shop because they each had something unique about them. Next, they let us trade ingredients for diamonds. I got SO happy about that change until it said that we can only trade for 3 diamonds a day! I look at how many ingredients it costs just to get 1 diamond and I was SHOCKED. What a total rip off! Also, it's horrible that they don't let the poor non-members trade for diamonds! Before you know it, the next day they only let you trade for 2 diamonds! I thought I was going to explode from anger. The only OK change they made was adding new party games, and letting us play them in our house without hosting a party. But we only get Sunflower Seeds?! Okay, I'm almost done with my rant. I think about half of the shops in Pixie Hollow are DIAMONDS ONLY now. With sarcasm, thanks A LOT Disney! Or should I say Di$ney!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:55 PM
hi!
View RosesOfScarlet's Photo Album
RosesOfScarlet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Happy
RosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
You GO JULIE!

But what makes me SOOOO mad, is that, in the empty shops, they WILL PUT SHOPS THAT WILL NEED DIAMONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ugh! I hate this SO much I might e-mail the Never Council?

Last edited by Jezzi; 09-08-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Goodbye!
View Jillian Snowdew's Photo Album
Jillian Snowdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Sad
Jillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Updates.

I think that the Updates happened because a lot of new things are going to come to the hollow or that many new Fairies are starting buy Diamonds.

The Hollow has been like this for a long time I think and the Never Council wanted to have some changes to make the game exciting for the newer members.

Maybe it's just me, but I have noticed a rapid increase in the amount of Pixies ever since the release of the diamonds. They want the game to get more exciting and I don't think that any fairy who arrives after this change will feel any difference. Only the Fairies before the release of the diamonds know how the hollow was. I am sure that lots of fairies love this update.

As for the Dye Shops, maybe they noticed that many fairies prefer Daisy's or that some fairies complained about having to fly from one shop to another for the dyes. I suggested the feature of scrolling down and choosing the number of dyes needed instead of buying them one buy one.

I actually never thought that the hollow will have a sweet shop - which is clearly meant for non-members. I think that only trading of Three Diamonds per day is allowed since fairies might start trading all their ingredients for diamonds and that can lead to the selling of Queen's Boutique gowns faster. And also, maybe they changes to Two Diamond per day since they noticed that member are trading diamonds to buy Sweets this way - which is clever.

I am still not used to the Garden Supply Store and it makes me miss Brook so much. If I am correct, Brook's Basics was one of the oldest shops in the hollow. The changed it since fairies rarely went to Brook's for buying items.

Gales change was one of the worst changes in the hollow for me. There used to be seasonal collections and now they are mixed an matched outfits.
They are re-releasing outfits since I am sure that many newer members will be requesting them for this and if I remember correctly, the Safranin collection is the Euphorbia collection from last year. I am not so sure about this.
But, one thing I am absolutely sure - Disney tries their best and they add the new changes requested by the Fairies. Many fairies love these changes. Pixie Hollow is about Five-Years-Old and fairies before the release of the Diamonds (26th January, 2012) will have a harder time adjusting to the new rapid changes brought to the hollow.

Maybe they are letting non-members play in the member animals with a Diamonds since some fairies who pay for diamonds asked for this feature.

Harmony's shop looks very beautiful in the inside and outside, but no longer fairyish in the meadow. Daisy's is still the same and all the new shops that are added are designed with new and better programs and have already caught the attention of the hollow. Summit Styles looks pretty plain compared to Queen's Boutique, but they sell fairyish fashions that are certainly to fly for!

Collete's colors was my favorite dye store in the entire hollow. It sold my favorite dyes. I feel sad when I see it empty and closed and shut down. It's a good thing that Crazy Cakes and some other games are now available for non-members - I think that the Prizes depend on the Seasons. I like the Vidia change too - she gives cookies!

As I said, I never thought that Pixie Hollow Staff will really make a sweet shop even after the requests since members can make their own ones. That's why Onyx decided to make her own shop!

Thanks.
Jillian Snowdew.

Last edited by Jillian Snowdew; 09-08-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:21 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy 2 Jules View Post
Not warning us that we would be losing some shades of dye wasn't very cool of them though. These are the dyes that are no longer available:
Shoreline Tan
Raspberry Pink
Bumble Bee Yellow
Corn Cob Yellow
~ Em
I wish they would have told us which dyes they were retiring.
Ella loves Raspberry Pink and Nightfall can never have to many yellows,
so seeing Bumble Bee and Corn Cob Yellow retire is sad for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Moonglow View Post
Gee, Em, I know you are only using the Spider Silk as an example, but WHY wouldn't you use LILY for the trade?
If you're going to play Water Web anyway (my fave game as well!), you would have to spend far less time re-stocking.

Or, since LILY are Bunching right now in the Ballroom, that would be a faster way to re-stock as well.

My big plan is to use what ever is in the Ballroom for each season, as my "go to spot" for all shopping/re-stocking sprees!

eeeee-hehehe!
That's what I have been doing. Usually when someone whispers lilies
I do not fly(unless Ella or Night is on) cause Twi has her Royal, but I will fly
now. Yes it is only 2 diamonds a day but that will amount to 60 diamonds
a month extra on top of the monthly allowance we get. But that will also mean I have to spend 6,000 lily petals to get them.
So we will see how long I do this.

~Twi
Old 09-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Visit the DOW wiki at www.disneysonlineworlds.com!
View Mommy 2 Jules's Photo Album
Mommy 2 Jules's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Extra Life 2014 Award Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 188

My Mood: DowObsessed
Mommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond repute
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Actually the ratio of lilies vs. spider silk that you earn by playing the Royal Level of Water Web is the same. What I mean is that if I spend 100 Lilies or 500 Spider Silk, it will still take the same amount of play time to recoup either. (Because you are not awarded as many lilies at the end of the game -- the ratio works out.) I know this because I have experimented many, many, many times with it in trading both for Maple Leaves.

This might make it a little easier to understand: I need to recoup my Maple Leaves after going on a spending spree with Diva Wings. So I ask Diva if I can trade to get those Maple Leaves back. If I want 200 Maple Leaves from her, I have to give her either 80 Lilies or 400 Spider Silk. I then go to play Water Web and if I play well, which I usually do, I earn about 73 Lilies or 360 Spider Silk. So you see -- it works out either way!

Now I do understand that if you factor in Lily Bunch hunting into the mix, it could sway more to the Lily side. But you can just as easily hunt for Spider Silk Bunches. And honestly, I do neither. LOL Bunch hunting takes more time. So playing a mini-game is the fastest, easiest way to recoup, IMO.

Hope I explained that well enough and I hope you all learned something new about the Hollow.

~ Em

Thank you, Coconut Tulippetal for the lovely profile pic and siggy! | Site Rules | The DOW Wiki | Mods & Admins | PM Me
Old 09-08-2012, 08:09 PM
We heart PHF!
View Indigo Twinkleheart's Photo Album
Indigo Twinkleheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Resolution Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: QuiteMad
Indigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dust
Light Talent Tinker Talent
Another way to look at it, we have to pay for our play. Why should we be able to do it for free? That would mean that the paying members are subsidising the non-paying members.

It might help to think of it this way: we are not paying Disney for the dresses or ingredients... we are paying for the privilege to play in the Hollow! Personally, I find the $5 a month membership fee an incredible entertainment value. How much is cable? How much is a movie? How much is texting? Even when I was a teen $5 a month was an incredible value. I made that in a night of babysitting.

I don't know how Disney's prices and policies compare to other online games, but I know their quality is amazing. True of all their products. And so they can get away with charging absolute top dollar. As my husband says, when you go to Disneyland, "bring money." They are geniuses at all aspect of sales, and I am sure they have people analyzing their sales figures and making recommendations to the decision makers how to make the most profit.

I've tried not to get too attached to things in the Hollow--change is hard, but its the way of the world, and its important to learn how to roll with it. Seriously. Also, I think of the hollow as a Virtual Disneyland. When I go to Disneyland, I don't bemoan every dollar I spend. I make my spending plan ahead of time, and then stick with it. Then I don't have to worry about whether I am spending too much. And I do my best to enjoy spending within my limits. Sometimes it means a momentary disappointment that I can't buy something. That's the way of the world, too.

I'm very grateful for PHF. It's a place we can all get stuff off our chests. I'm glad that everybody is sharing, and I certainly understand the feelings that these changes stir up. Change naturally triggers a "grief cycle," sometimes even when it's "good" change. We have to mourn the loss of what was. I just wanted to offer a different perspective to consider in the process.

~Twink

Last edited by Indigo Twinkleheart; 09-08-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persinette View Post
Just a thought, but what if you're looking at the diamond trade the wrong way? What if they added that option so you could trade them for ingredients?

One diamond gives you 100, 200 or 400 ingredients depending on what you need, that's a lot easier than playing games. Granted, it's a lot more expensive, but a lot less time consuming especially for those fairies who have already reached level 28 and who can't get any more talent points...

So basically they've given us the option to buy ingredients. Maybe a way to get members to use more diamonds.
I didn't think about it that way, thanks for the perspective change Persinette!
Now, I can finally get Trinity her ingredients back! popcorn
Old 09-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Rainbow Over the River
View Riverbow's Photo Album
Riverbow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
School Days Contest End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Cookies
Riverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Aw Jingles, I hope we can still trade ingredients for diamonds by the time I get a membership giftcard again...if it keeps going down from 3 a day to 2 a day to....well, I just hope I get the chance to trade too someday.

Riverbow
Old 09-08-2012, 09:37 PM
A Hot Cup of Tea
View Flora's Photo Album
Flora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2016 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Autumn 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award 
Total Awards: 82

My Mood: Rainbow
Flora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the Queen
Garden Talent Light Talent Water Talent
Same here Riverbow! I thought it was going to stay at 3, I hope it goes back up!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Believes laughter is LIFE
View JovialOne's Photo Album
JovialOne's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2014 Award Spring 2014 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 62

My Mood: Lazy
JovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian Snowdew View Post

And also, maybe they changes to Two Diamond per day since they noticed that member are trading diamonds to buy Sweets this way - which is clever.
They must be pretty lazy fairies. I mean the amount of ingredients it takes to bake the cookies and sweet is much less considering how much you have to trade for the diamonds.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Arizona on my mind...
View Bug's Photo Album
Bug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 107

My Mood: Purrfect
Bug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Well said Twink! I agree on your thinking! I also was more excited to get stock up on my special ingredients for 1 or 2 diamonds not the other way around for me personally that is great because I have 6 fairies but mostly play 2 Cozy & Rain so when my other fairies want to buy something I can get them a few ingredients because I don't have time to gather for all of them! The NC did tell us there would be some big changes to those specific shops & we have seen some way bigger changes overnight in the past. I do understand everyone has their opinion & everyone plays the Hollow differantly too.

Where Dreams Really Do Come True TY Stormy

Last edited by Bug; 09-09-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Simply A Fanci-Foo Fairy
View MvpMissy's Photo Album
MvpMissy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'12 Award PHF's Oct'12 Design A Costume Participant's Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Autumn 2012 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Purrfect
MvpMissy is a talented FairyMvpMissy is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Unhappy

Here's an idea:

Instead of "ADDING NEW FEATURES" for the "NEW FAIRIES" Just joining...

Why not Make the "Old-Fairies" want to STAY AROUND...
(especially after ALL the $ Di$ney drained us for)
... possibly by GIVING THEM "SOMETHING TO DO!"

Suggestion:

What the ** do we do after Level "28" ... spend money on diamonds... *yawn*

How about a few NEW LEVELS instead of
Adding/Combining Stores that are causing fairies to Rant and Rave
all the while emptying their teeny Fairy pockets ...

*insert sad-pitiful-face here* ~batts eyelashes for further effect~

Last edited by MvpMissy; 09-09-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: i kinda sounded a bit harsh... sorry
Old 09-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Is a Pixie
View bayberry bubbleweather's Photo Album
bayberry bubbleweather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: Sleepyy
bayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queen
Water Talent
i agree, it would be nice if they did something to keep the old fairies around, they are the fairies that have been through pixie hollow through the thick and thin and know the changes and such. So far all they try to be doing is trying to get money out of the new fairies and while the old fairies just can't believe the unfair-ness of it. Old pixie hollow was good and well done, non-members and members of course had advantages but they all got along. The diamonds just brings a lot of begging and pleading then those fairies being mean ( especially at the P.O) to all fairies at all occasions. *sigh*

Last edited by Onionleaf; 09-09-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the memories ♡
View Rosalina286's Photo Album
Rosalina286's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award EKB Day Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'14 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Dreamy
Rosalina286 is a Fast FlyerRosalina286 is a Fast FlyerRosalina286 is a Fast FlyerRosalina286 is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Garden Talent
I bet the next thing Di$ney (I see them in this way) i$ going to do i$ to clo$e down the talent game$ and make us pay for our ingredient$... LITERALLY.

Ok, $o I've $een $ome rant thread$ about Pixie Hollow being terrible about a$ back a$ 2009... but, well, when I joined in 2010 (And I hone$tly forget how I got to know about the game and web$ite at that time) the game $eemed fine. I ju$t wi$h it would go back to the time without diamond$... becau$e when the Never New$ announced that they were letting everyone do the Wilderne$$, I hone$tly thought Pixie Hollow would be back to it'$ original, fun, fairy-du$t filled virtual world, if only they got rid of the Pixie Diamond$. - Look$ over to the crowd $itting in front of Vane$$a'$ creator - the Diamond$ created a problem, a rift between member$ and non-member$... $igh.