PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow

Beyond the Hollow For anything not relating to Pixie Hollow or Fairies

Old Let's Be Human

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:18 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Heart Let's Be Human

So, this idea came from a YouTuber. This thread is just a place where you can not just be yourself, but be raw and real. You can talk about situations you've been in that have maybe made you a stronger person, or perhaps talk about something or someone that's giving you a hard time. You can give advice or encouragement. Just be human. You can even think of this as an internet support group of a sort (not trying to copy danisnotonfire. I just don't really know what else to call this thread). And if you are still uncertain about this, let me be the first to talk about something I'm going through right now. Maybe this will make you more comfortable.

So, I've been struggling with anxiety for a while now. Mainly a fear of germs and death, which are pretty common fears. But if anything is holding me back in life, it's my fear of germs and getting sick. Even though I LOVE autumn, I also dread it because that's when the Flu and stomach flu/bug/virus is going around, and I loathe both of those viruses. I hate, and fear, them so much, that I just can't see myself really living life as a normal human being. Why do I say that? Well, I'm so afraid, I will hold things with paper towels, and, sometimes, after I return home from school or another place, I might wipe my whole body down with disinfecting wipes, and I definitely over wash my hands (my hands are so dry, and often crack and bleed sometimes). I try telling myself to stop worrying about getting sick, especially getting the stomach flu, which I am fearing the most right now, but I just can't. So, it makes it hard for me to enjoy life and try out activities and pursue my dreams. Heck, one reason why I want to be a YouTuber is because I don't really have to be around people and germs. I wish I wasn't this way. But, I am... for now. I hope that all changes, but I kind of doubt it.

Anyway, hopefully me opening up about this will make others more comfortable about being themselves on here. And feel free to comment yourself. Perhaps your story or advice will help someone reading the comments on this thread. And if you are still uncertain about commenting, which you don't have to do, by the way, just know that this is a very safe and loving community and I trust everyone on here (much more than my own parents), not to mention everyone here is super sweet. So, yeah. I don't know what else to say, except, byeee!!

***To the mods: Just to let you know, I am not trying to get personal information out of people. I created this thread so that, maybe, someone reading it will find encouragement or realize that whatever he/she might be going through, he/she isn't alone in it. However, I understand if you want to take this thread down***

Last edited by Mommy 2 Jules; 11-06-2015 at 12:11 AM. Reason: removed advertising of social media
Old 11-06-2015, 12:50 AM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
I can see why you loathe getting sick, and I suggest that you eat lots of healthy foods. Eating lots of healthy foods can prevent you from getting sick, and that will mean you won't have to worry as much.

Now, for me, I have been struggling with social anxiety lately. I am shy and don't talk very much, but on the inside I am lonely and just want to have friends to hang out with.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Happy New Year!
View Daisy GlitterConfetti's Photo Album
Daisy GlitterConfetti's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd Arcade Champ Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Adventurous
Daisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
When I started reading this I wasn't planning on posting anything, but now I think I will.

I have the exact same problems both of you have. I wash my hands constantly (to the point of them drying out) and whenever I get home from going somewhere I think is dirty (even if it's not what other people would consider dirty) I'll either take a bath, or change my clothes. I'm getting better about it, but sometimes I wonder if I'm actually getting better about washing my hands, or just not doing things that'll get my hands too dirty.

And, I literally can't talk to anyone outside my parents or my pets. I'm too scared to, and if I have to, I talk with a bad stutter, and my voice can sound kinda shaky. Talking to cousins or other family is better, but I'm still really shy.

Also, Alexa, could you possibly use just a warm wash cloth and some soap instead of disinfecting wipes? Most have bleach in them, and that can't be good for your skin. A warm wash cloth would be much safer, and still gets you clean. And I've found that using non-greasy Aloe lotion can keep your hands from getting as dried out.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:29 PM
I miss PH & PHF
View Primrosesweet's Photo Album
Primrosesweet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Create A New Holiday Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017  
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Quiet
Primrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I kind of thought I had already posted on this, but I guess I hadn't.

Man. I wash my hands a lot too. If I touch certain objects, especially if I think people have been petting animals, or maybe have Poison Ivy. I will consciously avoid things if I even think that Poison Ivy somehow got on there. And even now I avoid things because my cat touched them, (in my defense my sister did get Poison Ivy from the said cat.) Can you tell yet that I don't like Poison Ivy?

I'm a quiet person, and I used to be even quieter. Like nobody really knew me, or what was going on in my heart. Thankfully I have been able to come out of that a bit. But even now I still worry about having one on one conversations with friends and running out of things to say. And it still is scary to go deeper and admit things to someone.

@Daisy, don't be scared of talking to people! They are human too!

Old 05-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I'm sorry you struggle with washing your hands too much too, Daisy and Primrose (though I'm glad I'm not alone in this). :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy GlitterConfetti View Post
And, I literally can't talk to anyone outside my parents or my pets. I'm too scared to, and if I have to, I talk with a bad stutter, and my voice can sound kinda shaky. Talking to cousins or other family is better, but I'm still really shy.

Also, Alexa, could you possibly use just a warm wash cloth and some soap instead of disinfecting wipes? Most have bleach in them, and that can't be good for your skin. A warm wash cloth would be much safer, and still gets you clean. And I've found that using non-greasy Aloe lotion can keep your hands from getting as dried out.
I struggle with that too. I seem to stutter sometimes when I talk to people, whether it's with my parents, friends, or someone I don't even know. I don't think I stutter as much as I usually think I do, but it's still super embarrassing whenever it happens. In public, there will be so many times I want to say something but, out of fear, I stay silent. I just don't want to stutter or sound weird in any way.

Hmm, I haven't thought about using a wash cloth. I'll have to try that, as well as aloe lotion. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primrosesweet View Post
[SIZE="2"]
I'm a quiet person, and I used to be even quieter. Like nobody really knew me, or what was going on in my heart. Thankfully I have been able to come out of that a bit. But even now I still worry about having one on one conversations with friends and running out of things to say. And it still is scary to go deeper and admit things to someone. [SIZE]
Aw, Primrose, don't be afraid to talk to your friends. I'm glad you've come out your shell a bit, but you really should have, at least, one friend who you can tell anything and not have to worry about running out of things to say or having deep conversations with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowswirls View Post
I can see why you loathe getting sick, and I suggest that you eat lots of healthy foods. Eating lots of healthy foods can prevent you from getting sick, and that will mean you won't have to worry as much.

Now, for me, I have been struggling with social anxiety lately. I am shy and don't talk very much, but on the inside I am lonely and just want to have friends to hang out with.
Well, I do try to eat healthy (but sweets are definitely my weakness ). I also hope you aren't struggling with social anxiety that much now. I'm sorry you were before (and I'm sorry if you still do). I struggle with that sometimes. :/
Old 05-20-2016, 03:09 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy GlitterConfetti View Post
I literally can't talk to anyone outside my parents or my pets. I'm too scared to, and if I have to, I talk with a bad stutter, and my voice can sound kinda shaky. Talking to cousins or other family is better, but I'm still really shy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowswirls View Post
I am shy and don't talk very much, but on the inside I am lonely and just want to have friends to hang out with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primrosesweet View Post
I'm a quiet person, and I used to be even quieter. Like nobody really knew me, or what was going on in my heart. Thankfully I have been able to come out of that a bit. But even now I still worry about having one on one conversations with friends and running out of things to say.
Was pixie hollow online different? Could you talk there? I could talk more freely in Pixie Hollow on some topics, than I could in real life. I also encouraged the littlest pixie in my family to play pixie hollow to get used to chatting in a safe environment.

Stormy

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 05-29-2016, 04:46 PM
Animal Talent and Proud!
View Melody_The_Animal_Fairy's Photo Album
Melody_The_Animal_Fairy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award Arcade Champ 2016 Summertime Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: Author
Melody_The_Animal_Fairy has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Water Talent
Pixie Hollow was like that for me too. I wasn't shy on there, I could talk to people and they would listen. In real life trying to start a conversation with someone was hard for me, unless if it was with one of a few friends I knew for a pretty long time. Now I'm more chatty with my friends, but I'm still shy and soft-spoken around new people.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:11 AM
3 Founding Fairies 2008
View Peweli's Photo Album
Peweli's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd A Fairy Haiku Award 
Total Awards: 51

My Mood: Festive
Peweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
News Pixie Hollow

You know Melody I feel the same as you do. I am not outgoing, talking to people I don't know and I often don't know what to talk about.
That has changed slightly through the years as I am a Grandmother Fairy.
I found it easy to talk to Fairies in Pixie Hollow, making many friends.
You know I think we all have a child inside of us no matter how old we get.
That made Pixie Hollow fun, meeting others and being kind, talking to others. I also know sometimes Fairies would have a problem on the mainland and we could talk about it. I liked encouraging Fairies. i was always a kind fairy, unfortunately not all fairies were.
I still miss Pixie Hollow so much. I know there a few petitions in some Blogs you can sign to bring Pixie Hollow back. These are new petitions, not the ones that were out in 2013. I hope they put a link here in the Forums for Fairies to sign. I have signed them already.

My Fairies: Quicksilver Cloudshimmer Twilight Diamondshimmer Topaz Nightwhisper
Arrival Date - January 24, 2007