PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Neverland Narrative

Neverland Narrative Join in and never grow up. RPG Forum

Old Far Far Away... (Sequel to OUAT and HEA)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:00 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
View Liri Dazzlebeam's Photo Album
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 16

My Mood: Adventurous
Liri Dazzlebeam is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
No, don’t worry at all Night! I don’t have to be the first to post something hahaha. I am writing mine, but my day got busier than I had planned.

Yours was perfect!! I love Noelle, and I am not surprised at all that Ayla and Noelle turned the grand staircase into a giant snow slide for sledding! Sounds exactly like them hahaha.

I will try to post soon!

Last edited by Liri Dazzlebeam; 12-24-2018 at 04:10 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:32 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 

Light Talent
Liri Dazzlebeam

Ayla

I flew through the chilly air, laughing as I raced my dad through the clouds above London. Baby Tooth flittered along just behind me, straining to keep up with her tiny wings, and I took a moment to scoop her out of the air and tuck her into the scarf around my neck. Then, an icy wind knocked me sideways, and I did flips in the air as I tumbled.

“Hey! That’s cheating Dad!!” I yell out, laughing.
“You never said I couldn’t!” He chuckled as he raced past me while I was still tumbling. He then dove downward towards our home below, and I righted myself in the air. I quickly shot a blast of my own towards him, angling it so it would push him to the right and flip him sideways, giving me the chance to dive past him and get ahead again.

I pressed my arms tight against my sides, pointed my toes with my legs straight and together, and sped up my dive towards my house. One window was open - like always - and I angled my body for it, flying through the window and into my home - my father right on my heels. We zipped into the living room, startling my mom and sister who were sitting together talking. They dove out of the way as Dad and I flew through and somersaulted onto the carpet, laughing hysterically at Mom and Yue’s reactions.

Jackson Overland Frost!” Mom scolded, “What are you doing?!”
“...Playing…?” Dad answered, slowly… cautiously, since he knew he was in trouble with Mom.
“And you thought that crash-landing into our house with your daughter was a good idea?”
“Umm… yes…?” He replied, the corner of his mouth lifting up into a sly smile. I very very slowly started to back away, trying to make my escape before Mom turned her wrath towards me.

“And where do you think you are going, young lady?” Mom asked, not even having to turn to look at me. Uh oh….. Baby Tooth looked up at me from inside my scarf, and I winked at her.
“Umm…. to clean up the snow on the carpet…?” I replied, stifling a giggle.
“Mmhmm… of course that is what you were about to do.” Mom said, sarcastically, but then she started laughing, exasperated. “What am I going to do with you two?!” She exclaims, “Jack, you are supposed to be the adult, but instead, I have three children!” Now, Yue starts giggling along with me, and Dad starts to grin sheepishly.
“Sorry, my love,” He begins, holding out his hand to her. Mom rolls her eyes, then lets him pull her into a hug. I jump on Dad’s back, and Yue runs over and tackles Mom from the opposite side, and we all collapse into a giggling pile on the carpet, which quickly turns into a tickle-fight, with Baby Tooth flying in circles around us all and laughing too.

My name is Ayla Karilumi Overland Frost, and I am the daughter of Jack Frost and Mei Alvery-Khan, two of Earth’s Guardians.

My mom is from a different planet, Estoriana, where fairytales are real, and she is descended from Rapunzel and Mulan. Yes, Rapunzel and Mulan from the fairytales you heard when you were a kid. They were real, they all were. And my mom's side of the family is descended from those fairytale characters. My dad is the one who brings everyone on Earth snowballs and fun times, and he protects all the children from anyone who would try to hurt them, because the Man in the Moon chose him to be a Guardian - along with Santa, the Tooth Fairy, the Sandman, and the Easter Bunny. Their real names are North, Toothiana, Sandy, and Bunnymund, and they are the other half of my family. When Dad met Mom and they fell in love, Manny, the Man in the Moon, made Mom an immortal Guardian too as a way to thank her for saving Dad a few times. See, mom has these magical healing tears - inherited from Rapunzel, and she saved Dad from dying. So now Mom is a Guardian too, the Guardian of Life.

Growing up with the Guardians is the greatest ever! I have the most fun aunts and uncles that you could ever imagine! The real Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, and Sandman - and the Man in the Moon himself! Talk about Christmas presents and Easter candy all year round! And the little tooth fairies, like Baby Tooth. Baby Tooth was close friends with my dad when Dad first became a Guardian, and now he spends his time with me and Yue. He… tried… to keep Yue and I out of trouble growing up…. but that is a tough job! Especially when my best friend Noelle and I are together!!

“Guess who will be here any minute now?!” Mom asked Yue and I excitedly, interrupting my thoughts.
“Noelle and Auntie Saige!!” I squealed, doing a flip in the air in excitement, then grabbing Yue’s hands and flying her in a circle and making her laugh.
“Aylaaa!” She protested, but she was laughing hard.
“Come on! Let’s watch for them!” I cry, tugging her arm then flying back out the window I had entered earlier. I raced to the spot that the portal was at, and waited excitedly, bouncing up and down with frost spreading out all around me. Yue ran up behind me and waited to, though a bit more calmly than I was.

My sister and I are very different from each other in most ways, with her being much more like Mom and me being more like Dad and our aunt Saige, Mom’s twin sister. But, we both love having fun, and we would often play together, me creating fun snow slides and ice ponds for us to play on. My best friend Noelle and I are almost identical in personality and in powers, though hers only work in lands with magic. Mine work on Earth or in magical lands, here because of the powers I inherited from Dad and the Man in the Moon, and in magical lands because of the magic I inherited from my mom. And my aunt Saige is the most amazing warrior - well, besides Grandpa that is - and she is so much fun! We all see each other almost every single week, taking turns visiting on Earth or Estoriana, and those times are the highlight of my weeks!

Just then, the portal whirls to life, glowing with magic and spinning around, and out step two of my favorite people in the world.
“Noelle! Auntie Saige!” I cry out, with Noelle calling out my name and Yue’s at the same time, and I fly into their open arms, Yue running behind me to join our group hug. Mom, Dad, and Baby Tooth come join us too, and we all chatter excitedly with each other.

“Can we go visit the other Guardians too?” Noelle asks, looking to my parents for permission.
“Of course, lets go!” Dad replies, and with a wave of his hand, everyone is lifted into the air with his wintry wind. I grin at my best friend, take her hand, and then we race ahead of everyone to North’s Workshop.

Last edited by Liri Dazzlebeam; 03-17-2019 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 01:08 AM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Thank you! I love Ayla too. Yes, and it will be only the first of many "adventures" Noelle and Ayla get into! I can't wait.

Sig made by the amazing Ruby (Book Thing)!

Old 12-24-2018, 08:51 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I'm still working on my characters. Hopefully, I'll finish up the cs soon so I can get started on a post. My first oc will definitely be the daughter of Kida. I was thinking my second one would be a villain that is a descendant of the Black Swan from Swan Lake. Would that be okay?
Old 12-24-2018, 01:36 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Sure! That sounds fine to me!
Old 12-25-2018, 08:20 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Liri Dazzlebeam

Merry Christmas everyone!!! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!! I am grateful for getting to write stories with you all!!
Old 12-25-2018, 11:00 PM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Merry Christmas, everyone! I'm happy to be able to write with all of you too!

I actually wrote most of this yesterday, but got pulled away for some present wrapping before I could completely finish. So I guess I'm posting on Christmas.

Soraya

I leaned back against the fountain at the center of the courtyard, shading my eyes from the hot desert sun. A book lay open in my lap, but I was too distracted to be able to focus on reading.
My sister, Amani, reached down and poked me in the ribs. "Stop fidgeting, Soraya!"
"I can't help it! Mom's coming home today, and she's been gone forever!" I stood up, unable to wait around any longer. She was finally coming back from her diplomatic trip to the kingdom of Camelot.
Before she became queen of Agrabah, Mom worked as a travel writer, going to all sorts of exotic places all around Estoriana. As such, she had never lost that spark for adventure, and always took the time to explore any kingdom she had the chance to visit. I loved hearing her stories of different kingdoms all through the Enchanted Forest, and seeing the souvenirs she'd bring back. They were unlike anything Amani and I had ever seen before! Mom had always had an adventurous spirit, ever since she and the other descendants our age had gone to Exilia, rescued their parents, and became well-known throughout the land. She'd been just my age, too, when all of that happened. Secretly, my greatest wish was to be just like her when I grew up. Except I wouldn't just travel to a boring, desolate land like Exilia, or travel through the Enchanted Forest - I wanted to journey through all the fairy-tale worlds, into uncharted territory never before seen by anyone, and even explore beyond the borders of Estoriana.

Of course, I had never told Amani about my secret desires. She'd only tease me mercilessly. "Seriously, Soraya? You wouldn't survive a day in the Enchanted Forest, let alone outside of Estoriana!"
Things were easy for her. Amani had never wanted to be anywhere else except Agrabah, where we'd lived our entire lives. She hated visiting other kingdoms, especially Earth, and was always happy to return home. She was the crown princess, and it was a role that she'd practically been born ready for.

"Are you sure she said today?" I asked, for the millionth time.
Amani sighed, and rolled her eyes. "For the last time, yes! You know she wouldn't miss the big gathering tomorrow."
Ah, yes. The big reunion, where everyone who had been involved in freeing Estoriana from the fairy-tale villains of old would show up, as well as anyone else they wanted to invite. I had managed to wriggle my way out of going every time so far, since parties and balls really weren't my thing. This year would be my first time going, though Amani hadn't missed a single one since she was ten.
"I heard there'll be some newcomers there this time!" My sister said excitedly.
After the villains had been banished to Exilia, the descendants had sought out their fellow descendants who had been living, either in hiding or unaware of their heritage, in the Land Without Magic (or Earth, as it was commonly called). Occasionally, we still got new descendants arriving to make a new home in the fairy-tale lands of their ancestors.

Our father stepped out into the courtyard, his eyes downcast. He looked lost in thought, a worried frown burrowed into his eyebrows.
"What's wrong, Dad?" Amani asked.
"Oh, it's probably nothing... But there's been reports of the nearby oasis drying up, and the local plant life dying off," he said, frowning.
I shrugged. "I guess people might have to move around a bit, but it's the dry season right now anyway. Isn't this totally normal?"
"It hasn't even been that hot recently, though," Amani pointed out, looking up at the sky. "In fact, it's been a colder summer than Agrabah has experienced in years. And it's starting to get dark, though nightfall isn't supposed to come for another hour."
I hadn't noticed, but it was just like Amani to pay attention to stuff like this. A speck in the sky, growing larger by the minute, did catch my eye.

"Mom is here!" I exclaimed, jumping up and down in excitement.
A few minutes later, she landed, jumping off her magic carpet. Amani and I immediately threw our arms around here, and she laughed, shaking the sand off her clothes.
"It's good to have you back, Jess," Dad said, smiling and kissing her on the cheek.
"So? Where did you go this time? Did you see anything exciting?" I asked excitedly.
Mom glanced over at Dad, and I saw a concerned look pass between them. Then she turned back to us, and her expression smoothed back into a smile. "Why don't we take a ride together? I can tell you all about it!"
I immediately jumped aboard the carpet, and a corner tassel stretched up to give me a high-five. Amani followed, more primly. We both took a comfortable seat on the plush patterned fabric, and watched as it lifted high into the air, until the Agrabah palace became a small speck in the distance.

(I hope everyone is okay with having yet another descendants reunion of some kind? I thought it'd be a good way to introduce the new characters and talk about the weird stuff that's been happening in all our kingdoms, but it might be too similar to HEA.)

Thank you Stormy and Alyce!

Last edited by Blaze_of_Glory; 11-04-2019 at 04:28 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:56 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Great post! I think another reunion is fine! I don’t think it will be the big kickoff of everything, but it could definitely be the beginning of some conversations between the adults about what changes they are noticing, and reunions are always good!

Night and I were talking, and we felt like our HEA generation of characters were more close-knit as a full group than the OUAT generation (who split into smaller groups of closer friends), so we felt like our HEA characters would have pushed for more frequent reunions than OUAT who went years without a whole group reunion. Maybe since Exilia, everyone has gotten together twice a year minimum, sometimes more often? And then smaller groups of characters could get together more often if they want to, like the Frost family with Saige and Noelle does. Or groups who are related like the Arendelle crowd. Of course, anyone who wants to get together more often can do so at any time at all! I just figured that relatives and close friends would do it for sure. But as an entire massive group, how does at least twice a year, sometimes more if other occasions come up, sound to everyone? Or we could do quarterly and do four times a year. What do you guys think?

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!
Old 12-26-2018, 07:58 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Kira Waterdrop

Kira Waterdrop

Ava

It’s finally my turn to fly the pixie dust from the Dwarf Mines to Avalon. I’m so excited but also nervous after all I’m probably the clumsiest fairy in Avalon. With my luck, I’ll spill all the dust before I even leave. I start gathering the dust in my bag tuning out my mom as she continues her long speech, “Don’t drop the dust Ava,” “Don’t stop anywhere until you get home,” “this is all we get for the entire year,” and so on like I don’t already know that. In the distance, I hear two of the dwarfs talking. “There is barely anything in the mines” one of the dwarfs stated “I know, we barely had enough dust for this year’s quota” his friend replied. This doesn’t sound good, what if we don’t have any dust next year. How could this happen? The mines have never run out before because it’s supposed to replenish itself every few years. Suddenly my mom pulls me from my train of thought “Also, we have both been invited to a gathering of all the descendants tomorrow evening so you must find something suitable to wear”. My eyes light up with this wonderful news and I forget all about the pixie dust trouble. An evening with no classes, homework, or curfew! And to top it all of I get to meet people who are not fairies our those surrounding Avalon. I hurriedly tie my bag up and fly home careful not to spill any dust.

Last edited by Liri Dazzlebeam; 12-30-2018 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:32 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 

Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Here are my characters. Are they okay, Liri?

Name: Dekati'ladesh "Kati" Nedakh
Daughter/Son of: Queen Kidagakash "Kida" Nedakh
Descendant of: N/A
Where are you?: Atlantis
Appearance: 5'7", fairly muscular, snow white hair, bright blue eyes, tan skin
Personality: Determined, feisty, caring, loyal, a bit of a loose-cannon, optimistic, occasionally mischievous
Other: Kati is the eleventh and youngest daughter of Queen Kida (which may seem like a lot, but Kida has been around for over 8,500 years. Having only eleven daughters is actually very little). She isn't very close to any of her sisters as they are all spread out, living in different places all over the world. Kati is, so far, the only daughter to want to stay in Atlantis. She is a trained warrior and wants to become the leader of the Atlantis Guard. She was personally trained to fight by her mother until the age of eleven when she began to be taught by the current Captain of Guard. Like all Atlanteans, she is an amazing linguist. Kati feels slightly disconnected to her mother because of her strange connection to the Heart of Atlantis, which Kati does not seem to have.

Name: Odilia
Daughter/Son of: Unknown
Descendant of: The Black Swan
Where are you?: Earth
Appearance: 5'10", thin, long, raven black hair, phoenix red eyes, white skin
Personality: Most of the time, Odilia acts calm, cool, and collected. In spite of this, she has little patience for those she believes to be stupid and inferior to her. She rarely gives second chances to anyone. She prefers to work alone but uses people for her own benefit often and usually disposes of them in some way when she's done with them. She has a more wild side to her that rarely comes out but when it does, she becomes even more dangerous and unpredictable. She is determined and never accepts failure.
Other: Has the ability to shapeshift into a black swan or Odilia’s “light side” alter ego that looks like Odette. Is on a quest to find Exilia and Estoriana and finally unite with the other villains. Odilia is a trained swordswoman. She has a small, unique birthmark on the back of her neck that resembles a black swan.

I've provided realistic and cartoon images of both characters:

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 12-30-2018 at 04:27 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:08 PM
RPs assemble!
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 

Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas holiday!

Sorry I'm posting so much! I'll be back in school on the 6th, so I want to get some posting done while I'm still on vacation.

"What is it?" I asked Ivory, glancing back nervously at the room we'd just left. "I don't want to leave Noelle on her own for too long. I never know what kind of trouble that girl will get up to."
Ivory laughed. "C'mon Calla, don't you remember what it was to be young and carefree like that? We should be happy she's growing up normally. Would you rather she be dealing with the very worst of scum and villainy, escaping certain death by the skin of her teeth, like we were at her age?"
I raised an eyebrow at her. "Sometimes I forget which one of us is the older one." I sighed. "She always complains that Ayla doesn't get reprimanded the way she does for doing the same things. She just doesn't... understand."
For all that we were similar, Ivory and I - and Noelle too - weren't like the Frost family. Their magic was imbued with the spirit of wonder and fun, meant for spreading joy throughout the human realm. Ours... were more like the winter storm, wild and untamed as the mountainous wilderness outside Arendelle.
Ivory raised her hand, allowing small snowman to swirl into being. It waved its tiny snowy arm at me. "Even after all that's happened... I think you forget sometimes, Calla. With great power to destroy... Comes the power to create, as well." She winked at me. "Though sometimes I think I'd rather have the ability to fly."
"Honestly," she continued. "After what happened with you, and I, and Elsa too... I think we should be grateful that our abilities are finally being seen as the gifts they are, rather than a curse."
I smiled. "You're right, of course. Maybe I'm being too hard on Noelle. What did you want to talk about?"

A shadow crept over her face. "There's been reports of strange occurrences all through Arendelle and the surrounding villages. Winter seems to be settling in unusually early this year. Crops are withering; farm animals have disappeared mysteriously. Nightfall is arriving a lot earlier than it should be at this time of year."
"Can't we postpone winter though, if we wanted to?" I asked jokingly.
"That's the thing though... My magic doesn't seem to be working as well. The ice gardens are melting unusually quickly, and a group of skaters nearly fell through the ice today."
I frowned. "What are you worried about it being? A stray curse from the villains?"
"No, they're good and secure on Exilia. Commander Shang has assured me of that - the only things they can send through the cracks between worlds are those shadow creatures. And I trust him and his army."
I put a hand on her arm. "Then I don't think it's anything to worry about. Just some bizarre weather patterns. If you're really worried, we can talk to the other descendants about it at the reunion tomorrow. But it's probably you being overly suspicious like always," I teased.

"Hey," Ivory protested. "That's what you guys always say! But what if I turned out to be right and something fishy is going on? Like at the Reunion Ball?"
I rolled my eyes. "You are paranoid about everything, Ivory! Statistically, even you have to be right sometimes."
She grinned. "Fair enough. Look how far you've come, Cal! I can't imagine you talking to me like that back then."
"Yeah, we've all come a long way," I agreed, smiling affectionately.

Just then, a dark shadow appeared in the corner of my vision, and I froze. "Ivory, look out!"
She spun around, just as the mass of dark energy gathered itself, preparing to attack - or to flee? Before it could do either, Ivory's ice spear pierced it through, pinning it to the far wall. The wisps of shadow withered and dispersed into the air.
"Inside the Arendelle palace!" I gasped. Then my eyes widened. "Noelle!"
I whirled around, taking off at a dead run toward the room where I had left my daughter.

I sat by the edge of the waterfront, watching the boats float down the river. The multicolored spiers of the Winter Palace rose in the distance, framing the skyline with towers of blue and gold. This was one of my favorite spots in the city, away from the bustling crowds and the tourists, and the swarms down at the harbor. You could see the Vasilievsky Islands off in the distance, at the north of the wide river that ran all the way through the city. When I was younger, I used to ask Father if our family was named after that island.

From this vantage point, St. Petersburg looked almost like a city out of a fairy tale.
I sighed and got up. Stepping into my favorite corner cafe, I ordered a steaming hot espresso and sat by the window, blowing on it gently.
I was going to need it to get through the day. It was the fifth night in a row that I'd had the nightmare.

I was on my way home, so close I could see the shape of our high-rise apartment building. The sky was pale gray, in that still, silent hour just before dawn where the entire world seemed to be holding its breath.
The sound of a galloping horse. I turned just in time to see a rider dressed all in white, astride a white horse with an all-white saddle and bridle. A few minutes later, an identical rider decked entirely in red rode by.
That unsettling feeling was beginning to creep over me. And suddenly, what was before me was not my home, but an old, gloomy hut, built in between two trees, in the middle of a dense forest.
I hadn't even passed a single tree on my way, but suddenly I was surrounded by them, with only a few rays of pale light filtering through the dense canopy. As I peered into the sudden gloom, horror struck as I realized what I was looking at.
The hut was walled on all sides by a fence made entirely of bones. And it was not a treehouse at all, but rather... It was held up by a pair of bony chicken's legs.
As I watched, the eye sockets of the skulls built into the tops of the fence posts began to glow. And though it had been sunrise mere moments before, now, it was completely dark now, pitch black as midnight.
A third rider thundered past, this one dressed all in black. I stood rooted in place, though every instinct was screaming at me to run, to flee. I couldn't move a muscle.
A cold, wicked laugh rang through the trees, like the crackle of dead branches in winter. A wizened old hag leered down at me, from her perch atop a great wooden log, molded to be shaped like a mortar. Her clawed hands gripped an old, rotted broom in one and an enormous pestle. Her mouth gaped open, and out came -
And that was when I always shook awake, drenched in cold sweat and shaking all over.

I shook my head. Here, in bright daylight, it seemed absolutely ridiculous, and the rational, ever-practical part of my brain was scoffing at the absurdity. How could such a dream be keeping me up, night after night? I mean, chicken legs? A mortar and pestle, really?

And I knew what was really keeping me on edge. It was exactly six years, now.
Six years ago, from this very day, my mother had left on a sudden, explained trip to London. And I had never seen or heard from her again.
The police had stopped the search three years ago, saying the trail had long since gone cold. Even my father had given up, though he still spoke of her with sadness in his eyes. I knew he grieved her loss, and I did not begrudge it when he had remarried the previous autumn. At some point, you had to move on. That was what they all said.
I was the only one who believed there was more to it. There was a reason she'd disappeared, a reason she went to London in such a hurry, a reason she had been so nervous and secretive in the weeks leading up to that day.
I reached into my bag and pulled out the doll. An old-looking wooden thing, with a painted face and little red dress. The police had given it back to me once it was determined that it didn't give any clues as to where she'd gone. This, along with the attached note, was all I had to go on.

My dear Katya,

I had debated telling you the truth. Ever since I found out for myself, I had been going back and forth about whether I should tell you, as well. I knew you had a right to know. But at the same time, it was such a burden, to know the truth of what we are! I am left shaken, terrified by all that it implies, even as I stand awestruck in the grandness of its discovery.
I decided at last that I would see for myself. You are still so young, after all, and I fear for what would happen to you, if you knew who you truly were. I will come back for you, my darling, and I promise, everything will be revealed when we see each other again. Until then, keep this doll with you, always. It has been passed down from mother to daughter, in our family, for generations. Listen to what it tells you. If you are ever in need, give it a little food and drink, and it will help you. Stay safe.

Love you always,

Mom

It made even less sense than my dream did. Had Mom gone crazy? Was it some sort of secret code? I had tried to decipher its meaning countless times, but was only left even more confused and frustrated with each attempt.
Giving up, I put away the doll and the note, the paper having gone soft and yellowish from all the times I'd folded and unfolded it over the years. Then I walked out of the cafe, waving to the owner, and headed back to my apartment.

"I'm home," I said dully as I opened the front door. It was more out of courtesy than anything else. As always, Nastasia, my stepsister, ignored me as I stepped in, not bothering to look up from her phone.
When my father was home, she and Svetlana - my stepmother - greeted me with courteous smiles and perfunctory politeness. But when he left on one of his many business trips, the two of them pretended like I didn't even exist, except when they had some errand or chore they wanted me to do.
I think Svetlana resented me for what I represented - the family Father had before he met her, the one he couldn't let go of. He was kind to her, but distant, considering it an advantageous marriage rather than a passionate one.
"You need a mother figure, Katya," he insisted. "I don't want to leave you alone at home for weeks at a time when I go out on business. Please, try and get along with her."
And so I tried. I did everything I was told, and tried not to make a fuss, but I didn't think it was ever possible for us to feel like a real family.
"Katerina," Svetlana called out.
I smoothed my face into a smile. "Hello there, Svetlana. How are you today?" I hoped I sounded suitably polite, though my voice was cool and distant even to my own ears.
My stepmother didn't respond, only trust a piece of paper at me. The shopping list, no doubt. "Have it done by four this afternoon." She didn't smile or thank me, only turned and walked away.
I grabbed the list, which consisted of pastries from Nastasia's favorite bakery, Svetlana's preferred brand of shampoo, and all sorts of other odds and ends. I'd have to run all over the city to find everything. Still, I was grateful for the excuse to leave the house for the day.
I rubbed at my temples. Just get through the day. Things will go back to normal tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The old hag's face leered down at me, her mouth opening wide. "So you've returned, little Vasilisa..."

I jolted awake, heart hammering, clutching my mother's doll tight to my chest. She... she spoke. It was the first time I had ever heard the old hag's voice. I had always woken up just before she could open her mouth.
What did she just call me? Vasilisa... That sounded somehow familiar, though I didn't know anyone by that name.

Katerina

For a moment, I thought I was still in the dream. But no, the familiar shape of my bedside table stood before me, and my bed felt solid and real. I looked down, and nearly jumped out of my skin.
The little wooden doll's eyes were open. Its mouth was too, and a voice somehow both gentle and commanding was coming out of it.

Katerina Vasilevskiy... If you wish to find your mother, you must go where she went...

I sat bolt upright, wide awake now. I stared down at the doll, which had gone back to being regular old wood. I shook my head. Did I imagine that? Or am I going crazy?
Or maybe... it was my subconscious telling me exactly what I wanted to hear.
It was what I'd wanted to do for the last six years. And now I was seventeen, and my father wasn't home to stop me.

It seemed I'd already made up my mind without even realizing. I stood up, and opened my computer to search up plane tickets.

I am going to London. Wait for me, Mom. I'll find out your secret, whether you want me to or not.

(Is the doll okay, Liri? It's an enchanted object, so it's not Katya using magic. I'm pretty sure we allowed magical objects in HEA, like the portalling devices and Maurelle's voodoo dolls.

Also, just for fun, I made new versions of all my characters. From left to right: Ivory, Laurel, Calla, Saige, Eclipse)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ivory.jpg (86.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Laurel.jpg (77.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Calla.jpg (73.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Saige.jpg (89.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Eclipse.jpg (78.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Night Wish; 09-26-2019 at 04:38 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:08 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Liri Dazzlebeam

I love your characters Alexa! Looks great to me! Was Kida never banished like the other good fairytale characters because Atlantis is hidden? That is good with me if that is the idea you were having! That way, Kati can be a direct child of Kida, verses a descendant like many of the others. Sound good with everyone?

Great posts Night! As usual haha. And I think the doll is just fine, as long as it is fine with everyone else! People have had enchanted objects on Earth before, so I think it is ok. And I love the new pictures of everyone too! I need to make newer ones too haha. What doll maker are you using Night? I have a few different ones that I like and have been playing around with, but I haven't seen that one before!

I will try to post soon!

Last edited by Liri Dazzlebeam; 12-30-2018 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:35 PM
RPs assemble!
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Haha thank you Liri! The doll was actually a part of her original fairy tale.

Thanks! I agree, it's been years, our characters could use a change of clothing. And it's not a doll maker, I used my sister's favorite phone game (Love Nikki). Unfortunately, I don't know how to play it, but the art is really pretty.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:58 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liri Dazzlebeam View Post
I love your characters Alexa! Looks great to me! Was Kida never banished like the other good fairytale characters because Atlantis is hidden? That is good with me if that is the idea you were having! That way, Kati can be a direct child of Kida, verses a descendant like many of the others. Sound good with everyone?

Yeah, that is correct.

I'll try to write something for this soon!
Old 01-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Aah, sorry I haven't posted yet like I said I would! Things have been sooo sooo insane lately. But I will try to post soon!!