PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old Photoshop Elements 9: A Simple Signature (Tutorial)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
I'm sorry, that is the glow I put for Mary Bubblefly. The one with the soft glow around the edges ~ each and every glow and effect can be adjusted in opacity, size, and color to create the kind of result you want.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Goodbye!
View Jillian Snowdew's Photo Album
Jillian Snowdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Sad
Jillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Exactly the thing I wanted! Thanks, Iris!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 

Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
You're welcome Jillian! Glad I could help. Maybe one day you can open a shop, too!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:45 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I am a little too excited right now.
My sister has decided to ask for Photoshop Elements 10 for christmas.
She loves photography and takes sooo many pictures and she decided
that this program would help make her pictures even better. And since we share a computer that means I can use it too. So I will finally be able to make my own signatures, I hope . I do hope it is as easy as you make it sound Iris.
My only question is do I need that PDF creator that you talked about? Or does that just make it easier.
~Twi
Old 11-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Ooh!!!!! I am so happy for you Twi! Photoshop is really a lot of fun, especially when you get to see all the things you have created!

As for PDF Lite/Creator, you do not need it. But I use it because you can magnify the file into a size as big as you want without ruining the quality, and it is just so much easier to work with in general. The quality comes out better too, because if you take a picture from a pixie page, the background while the home is loading is black, so you fairy wings (as they are transparent) are a lot darker in contrast. If you are using a PDF file, the wings will be their original color as you are working with a white background.
Also, you cannot magnify a fairy very well if you take it from a pixie page without ruining quality, as it is a very delicate file with lots of detail.

I highly suggest PDF Lite/Creator as they are both free, easy to use, and can take full screenshots of both your fairy & your home. They also make things a lot easier if you are more of a starter and need help with perfecting a steady hand while cropping your fairy.

Hope this helps!!
~ Iris
Old 11-03-2011, 10:05 PM
is a proud water pixie!
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 

Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Ok I downloaded PDF lite creator and tries to print my fairy.
This came up on the screen when I tried to save it.

~Twi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00.jpg (119.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Hmm, that's strange Twi...
I use PDF Lite & Mia uses PDF Creator.
If this helps, here is a walkthough:
~ Go to your Pixie Page
~ Click the "Print Your Fairy" button
~ Select "PDF Lite" or "PDF Creator" on your printer list, whichever one you have. You do not need to check the "Print to File" button.
~ Click Print.
~ A separate window should pop up. Name your file and click "Ok"
~ Wait for awhile, then go to where you saved your file and double-click on it. If it says, "Error loading file" then it means that you file has not been completely printed yet. If it hasn't, just wait for a little while then try it again. Your fairy PDF will appear.
I am super sorry if this doesn't work, I have always done it this way. Maybe you can PM Alexa or Mia to see why it doesn't work.
~ Iris
Old 11-04-2011, 12:12 AM
is a proud water pixie!
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Ok I got this to work.....sort of. I can only view this file under Adobe Reader 9.0,
I can not view under the windows gallery that I normally use. So I hope that I would be able to view it in Photoshop. Well we will have to wait and see how this all will work out.
Thanks Iris for your help. I am sure I will be pming you and Mia for tips about Photoshop after christmas.

~Twi
Old 11-04-2011, 12:44 AM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
I'm sorry it didn't work out as well for you Twi
I will try out a file in Adobe Reader and see if Photoshop works...
Old 11-04-2011, 02:01 AM
music is what i breathe
View vilmadebora's Photo Album
vilmadebora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter Solstice Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award Design a Potion Participation's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Musical
vilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
Iris thanks a ton! I made my avatar using your tut! And it didn't even have a white background. My simmyself looks amazing thanks to you! It wasn't exacly a sig or a fairy, but now you know it works for everything!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
You're welcome Nightshadow! I must say, your avatar looks absolutely adorable!

I'm glad my tutorial helped!
~ Iris <3
Old 11-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Goodbye!
View Jillian Snowdew's Photo Album
Jillian Snowdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Sad
Jillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Finally Done!

Hiya, Iris!
Thanks a lot for the steps and information, I have tried making a Profile Picture. But, I am not yet an expert. Here is my first attempt:

Awaiting Mod Approval.

So, so, so, very sorry, Mia! I liked your outfit very much! It also matched one of the backgrounds that I already had!
I don't know how I put the glow, Iris. I tried putting the glow on the Text, but I overdid it a little bit. So, I had to switch it back into a rather dissolving kind of Glow.
I couldn't put it on one of my other testing pictures. But, I managed to have clicked an unwanted button, I don't know about the Text Either. It came out well when I did it with this picture.
Quote:
True, I made an unusual thing. Neither a signature~Nor a Profile Picture.
I didn't do well with the lasso. My version of Adobe Photoshop {Standard} has a magnetic lasso tool, but I didn't activate it.
So sorry, Mia. But, as I said, I loved your outfit.

Well...how is my first try, Iris?
Actually, this is my second try. I had to do another one since my first one got completely messed up.
I made this one today.
How is it, Iris? Really very sorry, Mia!

Siggie by Iris-Avatar by Sapphire Sweetfeather-Profile by Alexia~ Terrific Fairies!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:03 PM
is a proud water pixie!
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Wow Jillian for a first attempt it came out amazing!
Can not wait to see more of your work.

~Twi
Old 11-05-2011, 01:25 AM
loves to fly!
View ella_roseplume's Photo Album
ella_roseplume's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Create A Talent Award Autumn 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Riddle Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

ella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
This might be a silly question, but where do you get the pdf with the big picture of your fairy? The image you use to make the graphic out of?
Old 11-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
@ Jillian: That is so wonderful for one of your first attempts! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

@ Ella: That is not a silly question at all Ella If you click here and scroll down, Alexa (Onionleaf) has answered this question already!